Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How dumb was pushing back the draft?
This poll is closed.
Really dumb 58 11.09%
95 18.16%
121 23.14%
Too much mustard 249 47.61%
Total: 523 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

And then we finally reach the HoF game and post post post before remembering it's preseason football and complain about how it's not September.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
please do not insult Legedu Naanee

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Frankly the only solution is 24 game seasons, playoff series that are best of three, start college football in June, and have the draft in July. There should be at least 2-3 football related movies during downtime.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

:40 seconds in...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000341231/article/super-regional-combine-army-veteran-giving-nfl-one-last-shot

Also, the Eagles signed the Army Ranger dude.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Doltos posted:

Frankly the only solution is 24 game seasons, playoff series that are best of three, start college football in June, and have the draft in July. There should be at least 2-3 football related movies during downtime.

The USFL was the perfect solution, just in case anyone needs more reason to hate Donald Trump. Hell we could all spend the brief offseason arguing whether Reggie White or Jim Kelly or whoever could make it in the NFL too.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Are we still doing Derby swag?

Wes Welker walking around with Wes Welker money.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Bill Belichick thinks the bookie gave him way too favorable of odds.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Why are you spergs talking about the afl for pages in an nfl draft thread
It was loving surreal as poo poo, I'll have lasting images in my mind forever from that game. Whether it was the touchdown followed by cage dancing, or the players huddling up as a flame-painted Fiat drives around them, or Gene Simmons shouting incomprehensible nonsense at a replay like Paul McGuire from ESPN Sunday Night Football.

Season 2 of True Detective's going in a weird direction

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Why are you spergs talking about the afl for pages in an nfl draft thread

This is N/V

But still, NFL N/V take that poo poo somewhere else :v:

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

please do not insult Legedu Naanee

I wonder if they even know who he is.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

It's not a story that he smokes, I think it's more of a thing that he did it before the combine...where he knows he will be drug tested.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Athanatos posted:

It's not a story that he smokes, I think it's more of a thing that he did it before the combine...where he knows he will be drug tested.

This is the excuse people make for not drafting weed guys who turn into studs every single year

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Athanatos posted:

Future Bengal.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Athanatos posted:

With a guy his size he probably could have smoked in January and not gotten it out of his system in time.

Anyway, weed is about the worst reason for anyone to drop. They should be focusing on all the other issues instead, like Seantrel sucking out loud when he's on the field.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Ehud posted:

@MartyHurney: Armanti Edwards is the best WR I have ever seen in practice while covering the Dolphins

*is terrible in games*

@MartyHurney: I can't figure out why Armanti Edward's game isn't translating from practice

Don't worry Ehud, there are a lot of people who are utterly clueless when it comes to evaluating talent.

bobby2times
Jan 9, 2010

Athanatos posted:

THC can stay in your system for months.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The fact that Seantrel wasn't physically fit enough to finish his pro day is probably a bigger red flag.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Littering and...
Littering and...
Littering and...
smoking the reefer

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

Dirt Worshipper posted:

I think the Raiders fans here will say this is a bit premature, but Reggie McKenzie really loving sucks.

Nah.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Kalli posted:

And then we finally reach the HoF game and post post post before remembering it's preseason football and complain about how it's not September.

I never complain about preseason football. It's better than the five months of zero football before then. It's a nice little appetizer before the main course.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

He should make for a good wide receiver; historically, Army Rangers have been difficult for safeties to stop.

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 17:29 on May 5, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Vengarr posted:

He should make for a good wide receiver; historically, Army Rangers have been difficult for safeties to stop.

took me a second

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

sweet thursday posted:

Littering and...
Littering and...
Littering and...
smoking the reefer

Littering? Was he sent to the Group W bench?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Vengarr posted:

At least until he breaks his leg when he gets chop blocked accidentally by another WR after an INT.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

He's 6'9", 277lbs. He was a WR at Army but they're converting him to DE.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Vengarr posted:

:vince:

I don't expect much other than a camp body

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Roto:

quote:

Extending Alex Smith could cost as much as $14-$17 million annually.

Your future Dalton contract, Bengals fans

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

bobby2times posted:

THC can stay in your system for months.

You know you are going to the combine for longer than months.

Azhais posted:

Littering? Was he sent to the Group W bench?

Everyone can appreciate a good Alice's Restaurant reference.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Quest For Glory II posted:

Roto:

Your future Dalton contract, Bengals fans
If the Bengals got Dalton at 14 million, that would be ideal.

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:

Dirt Worshipper posted:

I think the Raiders fans here will say this is a bit premature, but Reggie McKenzie really loving sucks.

I'm waiting until the draft to judge him.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What if he smoked in Colorodo.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Rap posted:

Yeah the draft is always a letdown because once your team has these new players you wanna loving see them in something other than an instagram with your team's hat on
Yeah then the long wait till preseason begins. It never ends until it finally does. :smith:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Rap posted:

Yeah the draft is always a letdown because once your team has these new players you wanna loving see them in something other than an instagram with your team's hat on

I watch fanmade youtube video highlights of my teams new players set to awful rap and I enjoy every second of it

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Seantrel Henderson isn't good and the fact that he popped positive for weed on top of being out of shape for his workouts surprises exactly 0 Miami followers. That said he'll somehow still latch on with a team because god drat did that kid look like a monster when he first came out.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Blitz7x posted:

I watch fanmade youtube video highlights of my teams new players set to awful rap and I enjoy every second of it

Ditto. Also with dubstep and that one Drowning Pool song.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
TFF project to troll carefans by making the worst highlight videos ever

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles
I still remember the day like it was yesterday when I was watching Rolando McClain highlights set to Jeezy and thinking to myself "drat, we got Peyton on D, now!"

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I like to compile videos of all the worst hits in the previous season most likely to lead to poor health outcomes later on in a guy's career in terms of CTE and eventual suicide, and set it to Simon and Garfunkel's Sound of Silence

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

sweet thursday posted:

I like to compile videos of all the worst hits in the previous season most likely to lead to poor health outcomes later on in a guy's career in terms of CTE and eventual suicide, and set it to Simon and Garfunkel's Sound of Silence

let the bodies hit the floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I can't lie I was getting half chubs watching RG3 in his Baylor highlights.

Also that Drowning pool song loving sucks.

• Locked thread