Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How dumb was pushing back the draft?
This poll is closed.
Really dumb 58 11.09%
95 18.16%
121 23.14%
Too much mustard 249 47.61%
Total: 523 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The only thing less interesting than names being read at a podium is watching the Heat win in the playoffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Quest For Glory II posted:

The only thing less interesting than names being read at a podium is watching the Heat win in the playoffs

i think watching baseball too

But i love the draft, drink, smoke, eat 60cent wings, party and bullshit about football, make terrible predictions, laugh at terrible picks

Cry when your team fucks it up

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Oh I'm watching the draft, I'm just saying "watch the NBA playoffs instead" is bad advice because the heat have been THE LEAST interesting team to watch so far

If it was Clippers-Thunder it'd be a different story

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
All this build up and excitement for the draft, I come in on shift this morning to find that the ONE freaking night we do night training is going to be tonight. I'm basically going to miss 70% of the draft :(

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Clippers winning it all would own.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Shath Hole posted:

All this build up and excitement for the draft, I come in on shift this morning to find that the ONE freaking night we do night training is going to be tonight. I'm basically going to miss 70% of the draft :(

Tomorrow's better anyway.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shath Hole posted:

For your own sake as a fan I hope you don't miss anything exciting.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Chris Gaines posted:

Clippers winning it all would own.
And to tie this in with the NFL: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10900856/richard-sherman-seattle-seahawks-says-nfl-ban-donald-sterling-type-owner

quote:

"Because we have an NFL team called the Redskins," Sherman said, "I don't think the NFL really is as concerned as they show. The NFL is more of a bottom-line league. If it doesn't effect their bottom line, they're not as concerned."

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Grittybeard posted:

For your own sake as a fan I hope you don't miss anything exciting.

I'm sure I will. The only thing I got going is I will still be able to see enough of it to find out what Atlanta does. And I'll be in a smoke filled house, so checking the phone every few minutes isn't an option. It's not the end of the world, it's just lovely timing.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
It looks like they got rid of the Manziel draft position bet on Bovada, weird.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I loving love Richard Sherman.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
And I love Adam Silver

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DOOP posted:

Why don't you post in the NHL threads? They're pretty cool.

I don't know anything about hockey aside from that I like the Ducks.

e: and I don't even really know that much about the Ducks, I know the names of like five players. The only Ducks thing I own is an Adam Banks jersey I wore when I played broom ball in college.

Sataere posted:

Too late, you've convinced me. Gonna watch Real Housewives of Atlanta with my wife instead!

You should do this. Watching bad TV with your girl is cool.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 16:52 on May 8, 2014

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

MourningView posted:

I don't know anything about hockey aside from that I like the Ducks.

We are like best friends now

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Hockey is good and not hard to learn about.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Hockey is good and not hard to learn about.

It's fun, but it overlaps with the NBA and the NBA is my favorite pro sport by a bunch.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

If Donald Sterling's antics hadn't affected the NBA's bottom line he wouldn't have been banned, so I'm not sure what Sherman's point is supposed to be.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

TubeStank posted:

I jinxed myself and now I can't make the show :negative:

Thankfully I didn't pay for the tickets but still. Looks like I will probably be hanging in the thread.

Guess the deal is OFF! ?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MourningView posted:

It's fun, but it overlaps with the NBA and the NBA is my favorite pro sport by a bunch.

Eh, you love Teemu like everyone else in the world and you reluctantly cheer on gently caress Corey Perry who earned the name gently caress Corey Perry rather predictably but is still good. Now you're caught up.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Edit double post.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Doltos posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

God you just can't help yourself can you?

Now you get to miss the draft GDT :v:

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
Suggesting that people watch the NBA is just mean-spirited. Watch hockey or baseball or an old Simpsons rerun. NBA basketball is bad for you.

Also :lol: at Doltos getting probated on what is essentially his Christmas morning.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Whoever wrote that story doesn't know the difference between "effect" and "affect". :ssh:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I can understand why people don't like baseball even though it's my favorite sport. I can understand why people don't like football even though it's great

I will never ever ever understand why someone wouldn't like basketball

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Intruder posted:

I can understand why people don't like baseball even though it's my favorite sport. I can understand why people don't like football even though it's great

courts too small, everything happens too fast while also taking forever for anything to happen

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Dammit Doltos. MV told you explicitly what he was going to do.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
HahahahaHahahaha

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Please do not bring a laptop into bw3s.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Grittybeard posted:

Eh, you love Teemu like everyone else in the world and you reluctantly cheer on gently caress Corey Perry who earned the name gently caress Corey Perry rather predictably but is still good. Now you're caught up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTUW49e-PD4

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bigass Moth posted:

Or go there at all because their wings are terrible

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Bigass Moth posted:

Do what you want you are an adult.

Intruder report to the Mock Draft thread.

only temporary
Sep 3, 2006

Intruder posted:

Or go there at all because their wings are terrible

That's why they serve beer.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Intruder posted:

God you just can't help yourself can you?

Now you get to miss the draft GDT :v:

He actually apologized to me immediately which is the most amazing thing that has ever happened.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

go to a real local sports bar ya goobs

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Intruder posted:

There's like no down time, so even if someone does something really great you barely have time to relish it.

It's still better than soccer/hockey though because at least they score a lot.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Alouicious posted:

go to a real local sports bar ya goobs

Some places don't really have these, or at least not that serve food. And the food is usually the exact same sort of poo poo anyway.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Patriots now offer rebates to fans who buy jerseys of players who are no longer under contract to the team within a year of the purchase.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/10900270/new-england-patriots-offer-jersey-guarantee-fans

"If fans purchase jerseys from the team website or stadium store and the players whose names are on the back leave the team within a year of purchase, those fans will receive a 25 percent discount toward the price of the next Patriots jersey they buy. Fans, who will have two months from the day a player is no longer under contract to make a new purchase with the discount, do not have to return the original jerseys with the names of former players."

Seems like a good idea, gets people to spend more money in your shop, and makes it seem like you care.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

move to the civilized world, ya goobs

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Donte Stallworth wrote an article on the RG3 trade on... ThinkProgress, for some reason. :confused:

http://thinkprogress.org/sports/2014/05/08/3435573/rgiii/

Guy's actually a solid writer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The draft is great if only for the tension on your team's pick, bathing in the glory of "your guy" success and eating crow when he's terrible. It's fun and people are allowed to spend their time watching a man read a list of names if they enjoy it. Family and friends are infinitely more important but part of what makes them our family and friends is they're being understanding about our sick football perversions.

The best part of the draft is watching some team, probably Oakland, Cleveland or Miami make a terrible pick.

Intruder posted:

Basketball is fun but I've had trouble getting into it since it seems like the only thing that matters is the last 5-10 minutes. It's fun to have on in the background though, there's always something going on.

I have been trying to do my part to watch the Wizards since holy poo poo the Wizards are in the playoffs and aren't sucking.

axeil fucked around with this message at 17:24 on May 8, 2014

• Locked thread