Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How dumb was pushing back the draft?
This poll is closed.
Really dumb 58 11.09%
95 18.16%
121 23.14%
Too much mustard 249 47.61%
Total: 523 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Great that's all I need, a bunch of Raider fans materializing out of thing air by the thousands in the city I live in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Better them than Steelers fans

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

kiimo posted:

Great that's all I need, a bunch of Raider fans materializing out of thing air by the thousands in the city I live in.

Living in LA, raiders fans should be the least of your concern

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Living in LA, raiders fans should be the least of your concern

I'd make a Lakers joke here but they've been pretty bad recently.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

computer parts posted:

I'd make a Lakers joke here but they've been pretty bad recently.

Dodgers fans are up next

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

LA doesn't give a poo poo about football and after they watch the Raiders play they never will again

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Dodgers fans are up next

Insert Petros Popadakis screaming "doy-ers" at the top of his lungs.

:suicide:

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

kiimo posted:

They already exist tho

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

Insert Petros Popadakis screaming "doy-ers" at the top of his lungs.

:suicide:

Popadakis is the loving WORST

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Oh dear.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I heard about Tom Benson being rushed to the hospital after Minnesota was announced for the Superbowl, wasn't sure if that was hilarious or not. Then I found out he fell off the podium and hilarious it became

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Popadakis is the loving WORST

seriously god drat

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Unless the NFL dramatically loses popularity, the second largest city in the country will never have problems selling out games. Attendance is a numbers game, not some pathetic gauge of the strength of the regional fan base.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Are you going to force me to defend the great metropolis of Green Bay here?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Its Miller Time posted:

Unless the NFL dramatically loses popularity, the second largest city in the country will never have problems selling out games. Attendance is a numbers game, not some pathetic gauge of the strength of the regional fan base.

Once you lose three teams in the same sport, you should never be allowed to have a team again.

What I'm saying is, give Atlanta another shot at Hockey

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

anime gently caress pillow posted:

If they did move to LA, I assume Oakland fans would by and large stick with the franchise, right?

Davis has given Oakland years to come to terms with a deal that worked, and said over and over her wants to the team to stay there. It's not going to be a Baltimore Colts type deal if they end up having to move. I don't think anyone following closely would judge the team for moving.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Its Miller Time posted:

It'll look pretty bad though when fans don't show up until the second half, like every other LA sport

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Quest For Glory II posted:

It'll look pretty bad though when fans don't show up until the second half, like every other LA sport

This meme is so tired and not remotely true

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Not really I still see it happen all the time with Dodgers and Lakers games. It's true as poo poo. Same with Miami Heat fans, who have been showing up late to their loving playoff games.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I've been to plenty of UCLA/USC football games, Ducks games, Angels games, a couple of Lakers games, and Kings games. The stadiums are not half empty until the second half.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

the Clippers games I've been too don't count because they stayed empty.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It's not really true for heat games either but let him just go on with. Who cares.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Guys, the stadium is half full, not half empty.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

If the Raiders come to LA, I will be so bummed. I'd rather steal the Bills or Jags. I just have a seething hatred of LA Raiders fans

Not really I still see it happen all the time with Dodgers and Lakers games. It's true as poo poo. Same with Miami Heat fans, who have been showing up late to their loving playoff games.

No you didnt

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 15:53 on May 21, 2014

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

kiimo posted:

They're already here. LA's issue was never that it didn't care about the Raiders. That's still the most popular team in the area by miles, and they'll support them just fine with a decent stadium.

It's not even remotely true. People will trickle in late because it's really loving hard to get places in Los Angeles (and it is in particular really hard to get to Dodger Stadium), but even then it's not significantly more than anywhere else. Every stadium has people filling in after the start of the game, it's not something unique to LA. It's a really tired talking point.

I enjoy that you have people who live in and around LA who presumably have been to way more games and are are way more familiar with what sports fans there are like than you telling you differently and you're still sticking to your guns here because you saw a couple empty sections at a Dodger game on TV one time.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 16:05 on May 21, 2014

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
I believe that people in LA are lovely by nature and no amount of anecdotal evidence will change my mind. If you provide evidence of ticketing sales to the contrary then I will just declare that your argument is invalid because the people attending are out of towners. This is an example of procatalepsis, the ability to predict and then counter an opponent's argument.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

If Chichevache is agreeing with me then I reverse my position

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I also like that one of the first things anyone ever mentions about LA is the soul crushing traffic at all hours but somehow they can't comprehend how this might make it hard to get to a baseball game on time and assumes anyone who is late must just not care about the team.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

MourningView posted:

I also like that one of the first things anyone ever mentions about LA is the soul crushing traffic at all hours but somehow they can't comprehend how this might make it hard to get to a baseball game on time and assumes anyone who is late must just not care about the team.

People should leave work at 1pm on a Tuesday to watch a Dodgers game in May or else they're just a bandwagoner

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MourningView posted:

They're already here. LA's issue was never that it didn't care about the Raiders. That's still the most popular team in the area by miles, and they'll support them just fine with a decent stadium.

It's not even remotely true. People will trickle in late because it's really loving hard to get places in Los Angeles (and it is in particular really hard to get to Dodger Stadium), but even then it's not significantly more than anywhere else. Every stadium has people filling in after the start of the game, it's not something unique to LA. It's a really tired talking point.

I enjoy that you have people who live in and around LA who presumably have been to way more games and are are way more familiar with what sports fans there are like than you telling you differently and you're still sticking to your guns here because you saw a couple empty sections at a Dodger game on TV one time.

This. People who call LA Lakers/Dodgers fans fickle never tried to get out of work at 6:30 in like the valley or something and get to Staples Center downtown by 7 in rush hour. If anything that trek requires fan devotion I don't have.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

MourningView posted:

Pretty much this. I've been stuck in traffic at 2 in the morning here, which is loving ungodly.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
and yes I know your stupid city has traffic too but it is not as bad. It has fewer people and fewer cars and covers a smaller geographic area and probably has competent public transportation instead of like three buses and a mythical train that can only be summoned by sacrificing a newly born unicorn in the shadow of a solar eclipse.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Hell, one time I got on the off ramp for dodger stadium 15 minutes before first pitch and didn't get to my seat until the 4th inning. Dodger Stadium is loving stupid

Cascadia Pirate
Jan 18, 2011

MourningView posted:

and yes I know your stupid city has traffic too but it is not as bad. It has fewer people and fewer cars and covers a smaller geographic area and probably has competent public transportation instead of like three buses and a mythical train that can only be summoned by sacrificing a newly born unicorn in the shadow of a solar eclipse.

LA has better public transit than people give it credit for. My only experience with LA fans are UCLA (decent) and USC (the worst) but I imagine the hate is overrated.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
It's Miami guys, Miami is the worst sport town.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

LA Public transportation makes San Diego public transportation look great.

I wish we had Chicago's public transit :(

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Cascadia Pirate posted:

LA has better public transit than people give it credit for. My only experience with LA fans are UCLA (decent) and USC (the worst) but I imagine the hate is overrated.

UCLA basketball fans are poo poo. What few there are left, anyway

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Cascadia Pirate posted:

It really does, for as bad as LA traffic is the outlook for the LA area is about 10 times better than Orange County where the county goes into a collective epileptic fit at the sight of the word "train" and I'm pretty sure OCTA only exists to run the worst buses in the history of mankind and to tell LA no to extending the green line into Santa Ana

but i digress

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Dattserberg posted:

It's Miami guys, Miami is the worst sport town.

By whose opinion? Certainly not the players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

It really does, for as bad as LA traffic is the outlook for the LA area is about 10 times better than Orange County where the county goes into a collective epileptic fit at the sight of the word "train" and I'm pretty sure OCTA only exists to run the worst buses in the history of mankind and to tell LA no to extending the green line into Santa Ana

but i digress

WHERE IS THE BULLET TRAIN I VOTED FOR

• Locked thread