Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Honestly I want Aiden to go to a party on a mission and have someone yell at him for being on his phone the whole time and Jesus why don't you talk to someone for a change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"

NeoSeeker posted:

This is such a console game.

If Ubisoft is to be believed, they built this game for the PC first, considering PC's and Consoles are so much alike, I think that argument is moot at this point. However, I have been playing with various settings, I too, would normally have bought this on a console, but I've hooked my PC to my TV, using a wireless controller and I have the best of both worlds. I've tried playing this game with a keyboard and mouse, and even with smoothing turned off its just total rear end.

I'm also getting good performance from either a 670 GTX or R9 290X card in this game, no stutter or hitches at all.

I also finally got the mobile app to connect to my main game.. who knew, you need TWO Uplay accounts for it too work, Ubisoft assumes that the owner of a Ubisoft game, will not have mobile devices in the home to connect to their own game apparently. Took 2 hours to make a new account with the Uplay servers pissing on themselves, but now that it connected I guess its kind of neat to grief the main pc player with your mobile.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
Someone needs to make a video of a montage of a bunch of clips of Aiden jaywalking with his cell out and getting demolished by traffic.

It does not matter one bit if this game was created for the PC. The fact remains that they were more focused on consoles in the end. The fact that the system requirements are loving schizophrenic is irrefutable proof in my mind. Mainly because If this was developed for PCs then there wouldn't be such a weird way of it operating on different computers.

If something is designed with consoles on their mind first they're going to develop for that specific set of hardware. The game itself is built around the specs the consoles themselves have. And while yes, it is practically like designing a game for the PC, it's for that specific set of hardware.

Essentially if this game were designed with the PC gamers first there wouldn't be such a strange variance in performance. It would be even because they actually focused on the PC version.

This game was designed with PCs in mind, but only because console hardware is now almost completely PC hardware.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 20:29 on May 28, 2014

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

HEY BAD GUYS, THIS IS THE VICE PRESIDENT, PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!

uncurable mlady posted:

I opened up the game and hit 'recommended settings', it put everything at high or ultra (and even automatically set it to native res) and haven't seen any slowdown or graphical issues.

GTX 660ti, new drivers. Game works fine for me! Dunno what other people are complaining about.

It's pretty fun.

I haven't touched a setting, it auto did ultra and high for me and I too have no issues. I'm even using an AMD 7950!

This game is very fun. The slo mo vehicle neutralize cam is very satisfying.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Game runs pretty well on my Xbox One. I tricked it out with an Apple sticker in the side so I'm getting max FPS and ALL the Peas. (I'm from the Commodore 64 era though, so I'm not a little twat about graphics as long as they're smooth.)

Game controls pretty well, some of the lovely cars handle like poo poo so I don't drive them. Using a controller, like a boss. Turned off the aim assist, never needed it. Wish I could remap the controls to swap A and B in a car though. Been playing Saints Row recently.

Of course, I don't get to fiddle with .ini files or waggle my technophallus around, I'm stuck with playing a fun game in a virtual sorta-like-the-real-thing Chicago like a CHUMP.

On a completely serious note, the ctOS smartphone app allows cross-platform griefing so that's neat.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

hopterque posted:

He says, a mere day after offering a bunch of completely silly and wrong advice about computers in this very thread.

NeoSeeker posted:

I loving knew it. I loving knew it. I fuckin- you get the idea. Turing off A few graphical options noone could give two squirts of piss about, otherwise completely worthless in any way, makes the game run like it should.

IDK, seems my advise is working?

hopterque posted:

Woah it's almost like 8 gigs of ram isn't actually a lot with the way computers run these days and upgrading to 12 or 16 gigs is totally reasonable and also cheap!

Don't let Zaphod know though, he thinks that's retarded.

ScienceAndMusic posted:

6->8 is a decent increase but anything above 8 is likely overkill unless you are doing hardcore renderings. I would venture a guess and say you had bad RAM. How old was the RAM you just replaced?

Guess we're all retarded :downs:

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
so how mad is your SCA group about flails in a fantasy ARPG anyway

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Zaphod42 posted:

Guess we're all retarded :downs:

Well scienceandmusic is also pretty dumb so I'm not so sure holding him up as some kind of good example is doing you any favors.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I had to google what SCA even meant :shobon:

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

I'm not asking you guys to tech support me (I know some in this thread are). I just honestly think the game either wasn't tested on many different configurations or there is some weird Uplay fuckery going on. I have a fairly powerful rig (I mainly use it for video editing and rendering) but even with everything set to low I still get moments where the game just decides to put everything on hold while it thinks for a few seconds. I can play most games on high while streaming or recording so I don't know what's going on. I was just offering advice to the guy who was asking if his rig will run the game (and my answer being "who knows").
Watch Dogs does have a nice options menu with more display settings than most Ubisoft games.
Maybe the issue will get worked out in a few days with a patch of something.

Yeah, I agree. I'm not expecting that to fix things for everybody, there does seem to be some problems going on with some hardware configurations and the game. But I did at least help one guy already fix his performance problems, so it was worth a shot. If it still runs bad, sorry buddy :( hopefully they'll patch it.

hopterque posted:

Well scienceandmusic is also pretty dumb so I'm not so sure holding him up as some kind of good example is doing you any favors.

Yeaaaah you got me there :v:

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:

Zaphod42 posted:

IDK, seems my advise is working?

I'm just waving my dick around saying "I knew it" because when they first started to hype the graphics that's the first thing that came to my mind considering I was planning on playing it on the PC.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Cars don't explode when in free-roam MP.

You can shoot dicks onto cars though.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

NeoSeeker posted:

I'm just waving my dick around saying "I knew it" because when they first started to hype the graphics that's the first thing that came to my mind considering I was planning on playing it on the PC.

Aw nuts.

NeoSeeker posted:

It does not matter one bit if this game was created for the PC. The fact remains that they were more focused on consoles in the end. The fact that the system requirements are loving schizophrenic is irrefutable proof in my mind. Mainly because If this was developed for PCs then there wouldn't be such a weird way of it operating on different computers.

If something is designed with consoles on their mind first they're going to develop for that specific set of hardware. The game itself is built around the specs the consoles themselves have. And while yes, it is practically like designing a game for the PC, it's for that specific set of hardware.

Essentially if this game were designed with the PC gamers first there wouldn't be such a strange variance in performance. It would be even because they actually focused on the PC version.

This game was designed with PCs in mind, but only because console hardware is now almost completely PC hardware.

This is all pretty much bullshit. They could develop it for PC first and then just not do as much QA on PC as on consoles in the end, or a dozen other things. The reqs aren't schizo, its just some hardware has problems. That happens sometimes, maybe its the first time you've heard of it or the first time its happened to you, but look at like the Rage launch, or many other games. Its one of the inherently tough parts of PC that makes developers prefer console in the first place.

It does suck that performance problems on pc exist, but I'm not sure that itself is indicative that "it was console-first"

On the other hand, the UI and lack of manual saves and other things do make it kinda seem like they designed it for console, regardless of what they stated.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

One invasion trailing mission I did spawned me on someone who was in a deserted wide open space. He saw me almost immediately.

For hacking I just find something I can cover walk around. Just keep in cover moving around the object. Don't get to close to corners cause your goon coat flaps around it (found someone hacking me that way). Every person I've done that with I've hacked 100%. They usually get annoyed they can't find me at around 80% and start shooting.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Tide posted:

Anyone got any tips for getting away from the police? I constantly get smashed and I can't quite time going over pipes to make them blow up without hitting my own car. I'm a bad driver, apparently.

I think it pays to be more creative with the cops than in most other games. Speed alone probably isn't going to get you clear because their cars are fast and they are hilariously reckless. I think the cops have caused more blackouts in my game by banging generators or electrical poles than I have. Use your hacks to gain some ground, break line of sight, then find a quiet alleyway and hide in your car. Switching cars while out of LOS might help too, I dunno for sure though. Hiding in cars is an easy thing to forget about but it can definitely do wonders. I've had cops that were practically brushing my bumper not notice me hiding. But again, breaking line of sight is key, along with having enough distance between you and them when you do it that it isn't glaringly obvious where you might be.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

It is super easy to dismiss this as dumb and lazy "lol internet", butit makes perfect sense in context of the main character. Aiden is 39 years old in a near future scenario and autistic batman. It is the only thing he could write, he is the autistic internet person of today with magic internet powers. It works in the narrative sense and he acts as the ultimate power fantasy of goony goons and redditers.

But then again, the reader is the final collaborator

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

aaaaand uplay is down again

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

KirbyKhan posted:

Aiden is 39 years old in a near future scenario and autistic batman. It is the only thing he could write, he is the autistic internet person of today with magic internet powers. It works in the narrative sense and he acts as the ultimate power fantasy of goony goons and redditers.

I actually am a 40 year old goony goon goon and i would absolutely litter electronic billboards with internet catchphrases if I could. Most realistic part of the game yet.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES

Croccers posted:

Cars don't explode when in free-roam MP.

You can shoot dicks onto cars though.

Cars don't explode in free roam MP? That is hilariously stupid.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I can have everything on ultra except for textures and not get stuttering issues. It's pretty crappy considering I should be able to run the textures on ultra. Has there been any word about potential fixes for this? My drivers are up to date thinking about re-installing them.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Honestly I want Aiden to go to a party on a mission and have someone yell at him for being on his phone the whole time and Jesus why don't you talk to someone for a change

Ripping the phone out of the hands of people on the street and throwing them to the ground while staring at them is the best takedown.

As for evading cops I keep ducking into the water, which is a lovely, cheaty thing to do but works 100% of the time because cops aren't made of the same waterproof stuff your magical phone is.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"

NeoSeeker posted:

Every computer game I have ever played, has users that have some kind of issue with it, there are just no limit to the configuration options for the PCs out there, and no way to Q&A every possible scenario, and sometimes its user problems, or hardware problems, where consoles come with 1 set design for better, or worse. Most cross platform games sell better on consoles, so the bottom line is the bar was set at 8 core setups with 8GB of Ram as a minimum because that's what the PS4/XB1 have and if your PC is at that level great, if it's not on par, well here are some options to turn off and tone down - issues and bugs that arrive are fixed by companies after the fact. This is the way that it is now, for like every cross platform game release.

edit:

JackDarko posted:

I can have everything on ultra except for textures and not get stuttering issues. It's pretty crappy considering I should be able to run the textures on ultra. Has there been any word about potential fixes for this? My drivers are up to date thinking about re-installing them.

You supposedly need 3GB of RAM on you card, or more, disablepagefile (if you have a lot of system ram), turning off MSAA and the amount of pre-rendered frames should free up video card memory. I have been attempting to work this on my main PC as well. Ultra textures work, but as you go from area to area, there's a noticeable stutter that drives me crazy.

Dvlos fucked around with this message at 20:54 on May 28, 2014

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

KirbyKhan posted:

It is super easy to dismiss this as dumb and lazy "lol internet", butit makes perfect sense in context of the main character. Aiden is 39 years old in a near future scenario and autistic batman. It is the only thing he could write, he is the autistic internet person of today with magic internet powers. It works in the narrative sense and he acts as the ultimate power fantasy of goony goons and redditers.
To me it would only work if he was literally mentally disabled. Like not just "haha, socially inept dude" but actual brain deficiency.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

bunnyofdoom posted:

Remind me again where that quote is from?

Our very own graeyalien

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
re: the last 5 pages of idiotic graphical settings chat

Read nvidia's Watch_Dogs Graphics, Performance & Tweaking Guide. It explains every setting and the effect on framerate, and there are interactive comparisons to show the visual difference between the various settings.

TL;DR chart version

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0haVR-JG7A

digtal trip indeed

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES

grrarg posted:

re: the last 5 pages of idiotic graphical settings chat

Read nvidia's Watch_Dogs Graphics, Performance & Tweaking Guide. It explains every setting and the effect on framerate, and there are interactive comparisons to show the visual difference between the various settings.

TL;DR chart version

Haha this chart:

quote:

with the aim of maintaining at least thirty-five frames per second at all times at 1920x1080

Shonuff
Sep 26, 2007
White like Frank Black is
I checked the past few pages and didn't see it mentioned, but are many of you having issues accessing the season pass content? I'm not talking about the DLC campaign coming later, I wasn't even able to get the Untouchables outfit, which is a season pass exclusive and not part of the retailer pre-order bonuses.

I'm on PS4.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Shonuff posted:

I checked the past few pages and didn't see it mentioned, but are many of you having issues accessing the season pass content? I'm not talking about the DLC campaign coming later, I wasn't even able to get the Untouchables outfit, which is a season pass exclusive and not part of the retailer pre-order bonuses.

I'm on PS4.

Same here, I don't think it's been released on consoles yet. Unless I'm missing something.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Greyhawk posted:

aaaaand uplay is down again

I like how it's trying to blame my internet connection. Suuure Uplay, it's probably my internet.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Cars don't explode in free roam MP? That is hilariously stupid.
They get to the point with thick black smoke, just before they're on fire.
There's pretty much nothing to do in it either really. Like, less than GTAO levels of stuff to do. If they had gang shootouts it would be nice.

Shonuff
Sep 26, 2007
White like Frank Black is

Crappy Jack posted:

Same here, I don't think it's been released on consoles yet. Unless I'm missing something.

I've noticed some people commenting about the same issue on the Ubi forums, and others say they have the Untouchables outfit but are missing other goodies.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Some people have had their games ruined due to a glitch with the multiplayer. This is exacerbated by the lack of manual saves.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/881444-SPOILER-Game-Breaking-Bug

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

KirbyKhan posted:

But then again, the reader is the final collaborator

Now I'm going to play the whole game picturing it as some autistic nerd's wish-fulfillment fanfiction. At least that way the character kinda makes sense, if you take it as literally fictional.

I guess you could say some of the same things about batman. :shrug: But again, at least batman has supervillains.

I guess maybe I just haven't met Watch Dogs supervillains yet? Oh... I guess I already met them. But that still doesn't justify killing cops, batman never shot any cops :colbert:

the truth posted:

Some people have had their games ruined due to a glitch with the multiplayer. This is exacerbated by the lack of manual saves.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/881444-SPOILER-Game-Breaking-Bug

Ooof, that's brutal.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Zaphod42 posted:

Now I'm going to play the whole game picturing it as some autistic nerd's wish-fulfillment fanfiction.

Just pretend that Aiden is you, it's the same thing pretty much.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Greyhawk posted:

I actually am a 40 year old goony goon goon and i would absolutely litter electronic billboards with internet catchphrases if I could. Most realistic part of the game yet.
I was really upset the first time I saw a construction road-sign in-game, and was unable to hack it.

amitlu
Nov 13, 2005

Looks like the mouse still has aim assist https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Bpujvh6t30

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist
The Windows version really needs it's own thread so the bitching about performance and video cards and drivers and ~my gaming PC~ can be isolated in a place where people actually care about it.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

NOTinuyasha posted:

The Windows version really needs it's own thread so the bitching about performance and video cards and drivers and ~my gaming PC~ can be isolated in a place where people actually care about it.

Yeah, then all the riveting discussion about the actual game can be seen easier.

Solly
Mar 21, 2005

That's a side effect of the marijuana poisoning.

NOTinuyasha posted:

Yea then we can get on with how deeply unfulfilling and dull just about every aspect of this game is...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

amitlu posted:

Looks like the mouse still has aim assist https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Bpujvh6t30

It does, you can feel it snap a bit when near enemies and it's annoying as gently caress.

• Locked thread