Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

angryhampster posted:

Anyone ever tried Mad Dog 357? A friend gave a little bit to me as a joke once. I thought my face was melting.

There's a ton of boutique hot sauces now. It's very easy with the extracts available. I was very into the extremely hot extract sauces in the '90s. I learned then that anyone that says "I can eat any hot sauce with no problem" is either naive or a liar.

Dave's created the market segment and many others have moved in since then. The hottest I ever got was Blair's After Death. I liked Blair's Death Sauce... After Death passed the "flavor" point and became just heat for me.

If you want to browse some awesome sauces (with a page that sadly hasn't changed in far too long), check out Mo'Hotta Mo'Betta: https://www.mohotta.com

I am now married and my kids hate any kind of hot spice, so my chili is beyond tame now. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Yeah I love spicy stuff quite a bit, and just ate a pile of eggs covered in sweet delightful sriracha. Some of the stuff is just stupid though. I guess I can understand it if you're adding a drop or two to a pot of chili.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I've been tasked with emptying the conex box, installing shelves and organizing it all. Should be a ssslllooowww day.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

meatpimp posted:

The only worse topic than feminism would be stupid loving cats. Except may be male privilege. Or white privilege. Or white male privilege. poo poo. I am around too many academics, but if you really want to piss one of them off, say that any of those three things isn't the biggest problem in our society, and then watch the fire rain down.

The self-regulating of AI is impressive, though. I woke up to 91 messages, thought something big happened and... nope, just a small fire that got fed and stomped out a couple times. AI D&Ds better than D&D.

ya'll don't know what it's like

to be male middle class and white

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

meatpimp posted:

I am now married and my kids hate any kind of hot spice, so my chili is beyond tame now. :(

Haha. Once we were eating pizza when my son was about three. He wanted a bite of mine and without thinking I gave him a bite. I douse my pizza in Tabasco :cry:

I used to make my chilli hot too, and now I have to try and add the heat afterwards but it's just not the same :(

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
Chipotle Tabasco is the best.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

leica posted:

I used to make my chilli hot too, and now I have to try and add the heat afterwards but it's just not the same :(

It really isn't the same. I used to put 3 drops of After Death into a chili pot and it would make the whole thing sing with wicked heat. Now? A little bit of extra hot Red Hot on my serving and... meh.

:smith::hf::smith:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
My kid loves spicy stuff almost as much as I do, it rules.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I don't like insanely spicy stuff, but I've been trying more special hot sauces and the variation and amount of flavor they can add to a dish is crazy.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

It's been a long time since the Saab thread has been on page 3. :laugh:

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

meatpimp posted:

It's been a long time since the Saab thread has been on page 3. :laugh:
Not going to lie, every time he gets banned, I smile a little.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

WTF happened, I go away for a day and there's 150 replies of hot sauce, women stuff and cats. You guys are wrong, cats are bad. Dogs are better :colbert:

I'm at my parents place for a few days so expect dog pictures. One just had puppies. This dummy hasn't left my side since I got home but that's likely due to food.

Some of those photos may even be focused and not entirely poo poo. Guess the cheap phone is cheap because the camera is junk.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 18:05 on May 28, 2014

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

meatpimp posted:

The only worse topic than feminism would be stupid loving cats. Except may be male privilege. Or white privilege. Or white male privilege.

:colbert:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Dogs are awesome because they love you no matter what but sometimes they love you too much and it's like woah boy I'm trying to do stuff here.

Cats are awesome because they're crazy low maintenance compared to dogs but only seem to be interested in you when you don't want them to be.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Dogs also have a remarkable sense of shame for an animal that not only eats but rolls in poop whereas a cat will look you in the eye and say yeah I did that thing that pissed you off, I'd do it again, I'm gonna do it again, and I'm gonna sleep like a loving baby afterwards.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

NitroSpazzz posted:

WTF happened, I go away for a day and there's 150 replies of hot sauce, women stuff and cats. You guys are wrong, cats are bad. Dogs are better :colbert:

I'm at my parents place for a few days so expect dog pictures. One just had puppies. This dummy hasn't left my side since I got home but that's likely due to food.

Some of those photos may even be focused and not entirely poo poo. Guess the cheap phone is cheap because the camera is junk.

Bernese Mountain dogs are the best. We had one growing up that lived to be almost 13. My next dog is either going to be a bernese or a newfie.

On the hot stuff talk, we did this a couple weeks ago

~125 hot wings at Kings Hardware in ballard(monday is 27 cent wings). Apparently it was the most anyone had ordered at one time. It was amazing and I hated myself shortly after finishing them all.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I had no idea they had a cheap wing night, that looks so good.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

meatpimp posted:

There's a ton of boutique hot sauces now. It's very easy with the extracts available. I was very into the extremely hot extract sauces in the '90s. I learned then that anyone that says "I can eat any hot sauce with no problem" is either naive or a liar.

Dave's created the market segment and many others have moved in since then. The hottest I ever got was Blair's After Death. I liked Blair's Death Sauce... After Death passed the "flavor" point and became just heat for me.

If you want to browse some awesome sauces (with a page that sadly hasn't changed in far too long), check out Mo'Hotta Mo'Betta: https://www.mohotta.com

Back when I was still cooking for a living, I managed a bar's kitchen for a year or so. I got tasked at one point by the owner to make him the 'hottest wings in town' for a contest he was entering. I don't think he thought I was serious about it, but found out where I could get ghost pepper chili powder to kick them up a further notch. Made a pretty nice habenero/lime wing sauce and upped the heat quotient to taste. Came out tasty, but hotter than Satan's rear end in a top hat.

I've still got a bit of that stuff around, actually. Use it in my chili when I feel like making people sweat.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
The LABeast episodes where he eats the ghost peppers and chocolate bhutlas are worth watching.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

meatpimp posted:

gently caress 'em, they'll learn to enjoy it. I developed my love of spicy as a kid; just start gradually upping the heat a little bit each mealtime and they probably won't even notice. :getin:

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

BraveUlysses posted:

I had no idea they had a cheap wing night, that looks so good.

Surprisingly good wings actually, better than wingdome as far as we are concerned. We are usually there most mondays, let me know if you plan on stopping by sometime.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Best hot sauce; Sambal oelek.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

13 INCH DICK posted:

Dogs also have a remarkable sense of shame for an animal that not only eats but rolls in poop whereas a cat will look you in the eye and say yeah I did that thing that pissed you off, I'd do it again, I'm gonna do it again, and I'm gonna sleep like a loving baby afterwards.

Cats dont lie and they arent hypocrites. Two things that are sorely needed more in this world - which is why I prefer cats to humans. Humans mostly just piss me off.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Is it wrong that I want to buy a C3/C4 vette or XJS and put a 6.5 Detroit in it?

People have done it before...and got 40-45mpg.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I'd do it in the Jag; if you're going to cruise you might as well be comfortable.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Thats where I'm at. potential shitholes are about the same price, but the xjs has trunk space. and that wins.

but a vette' shooting brake would be loving epic.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

cursedshitbox posted:

Is it wrong that I want to buy a C3/C4 vette or XJS and put a 6.5 Detroit in it?

People have done it before...and got 40-45mpg.

Nooooope - do it to the Vette!

I want to put a 20B into a C6 just to see how many scream :D

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Cat Terrist posted:

I like the cut of your jib, but I feel it doesn't go far enough in making certain people cry.

20B in a C2 :unsmigghh:

Also, diesel Jag or 'Vette, either way that would be a loving riot.

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010

Cat Terrist posted:

Cats dont lie and they arent hypocrites. Two things that are sorely needed more in this world - which is why I prefer cats to humans. Humans mostly just piss me off.

And yet you put yourself in a situation where you're exposed to (primarily) humans haha. Seriously, if you start riding a motorbike on top of your spandex stuff, you'd have the trifecta; although motorbikes are waaaay better than bicycles so that would in turn put you back to where you are now. :shepface:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I still vote for the detroit C3.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

fingerling posted:

And yet you put yourself in a situation where you're exposed to (primarily) humans haha. Seriously, if you start riding a motorbike on top of your spandex stuff, you'd have the trifecta; although motorbikes are waaaay better than bicycles so that would in turn put you back to where you are now. :shepface:

Translator to asile 5! That made not a lick of sense

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've been making my own hot sauces for years and they're usually well received by friends.

Also today I feel like poo poo and I hate myself and I can't figure out what's up my rear end to put me in this place.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Cat Terrist posted:

Translator to asile 5! That made not a lick of sense

Drain bramage.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Rhyno posted:

I've been making my own hot sauces for years and they're usually well received by friends.

Also today I feel like poo poo and I hate myself and I can't figure out what's up my rear end to put me in this place.

Well if you put hot sauce up there I don't know what to say, you're most definitely going to feel like poo poo. Also this guy:

Nidhg00670000 posted:

...knows what's up. Good enough flavour to stand as a condiment by itself and it's hot enough for pretty much any purpose. Anything hotter is just the ~*~sick blue LED casemodding ~*~ of cooking.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Putting A/C lines in a supercharged 3800 can suck my dick forever.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

Cat Terrist posted:

:shepspends: approved.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Cat Terrist posted:

Falcon Turbo six and you have a deal.

Roadkill, Australian style

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Could you fit an IDI 7.3 in a 1970 Ranchero?

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Nidhg00670000 posted:

This is the truth right here. Gochujang is also pretty good, you can get (what is probably a terrible version of) it from the supermarket with the Annie Chung's brand. It's replaced sriracha as my 'dump this on eggs/pizza/bland noodles' sauce. It's nowhere near as hot as sriracha, has a much better flavor and doesn't overpower other food.

N is for Nipples posted:

Could you fit an IDI 7.3 in a 1970 Ranchero?

Not sure, but you can definitely fit a Cummins into a '70 Monte Carlo. I'm sure this has been posted multiple times before (once even by myself) but here ya go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9--ISeNexM

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 02:14 on May 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

You Am I posted:

Falcon Turbo six and you have a deal.

Roadkill, Australian style

After the initial scream tho, there would be a bunch who look at how it would go (and holy poo poo, it'll loving MOVE) and go eh and a bunch who would think it's a weapon. A rotary would just cause unending rage :D

• Locked thread