Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mitsune
Jun 24, 2005
Background: PS3, PS Vita, 3DS XL and your average desktop powered by a GeForce GTX 560 Ti.

Q: Why did you choose the Xbox One over the PS4?
A: A (surprising) consolidated birthday/Christmas gift from family and friends.

Q: Did you know about each console's strength's and weaknesses before purchasing?
A: N/A

Q: How do you feel about a controller that has 50 dollars in attachments just to be rechargeable and support headsets?
A: I have invested in eneloop and have yet to complain. Beats throwing out the controller out the window when they stop holding a charge.

Q: Do you regret buying an Xbox One?
A: N/A

Q: Do you plan on getting a PS4 or transitioning to PC?
A: I had the opportunity to purchase a PS4 this week with $450 worth of Target gift cards; I took the WiiU path. I'm also saving towards upgrading my graphics card.

Q: Does the lack of bluetooth support or upgradable hard drive bother you?
A: Nope. I've learned to live with a PS3 and 120 gb.

Q: Is your friends list smaller than you would have expected for this console?
A: Yup. Moving from the PlayStation 3 makes my friend's list look tiny. :ohdear:

Q: What is the appeal of a multi-platform game on the One if it isn't the graphics or frame rate? Sure, the game can still be enjoyable without the visual bells and whistles, but the games and consoles are the same price. Higher frame rate and resolution don't cost extra.
A: Snapping programs to watch in PiP. I had a blast with a friend in Project Spark. He built a world in one screen while we watched a show on the other.

Q: Looking back, would you have rather bought a PS4 for cross-platform, enjoyed better game quality, and bought an Xbox One solely for the exclusives, once those exclusives come out? After all, the PS4 would probably have some exclusive's you'd like.
A: Maybe? Exclusives are on the short side (this year) for the PS4. I've also been enjoying more Xbox Live titles than I had originally expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Chamber 9 posted:

I would like to preface with this: I am not posting this to troll or harass. I want to hear your side of the story; I'm genuinely interested.

Why did you choose the Xbox One over the PS4?

Did you know about each console's strength's and weaknesses before purchasing?

How do you feel about a controller that has 50 dollars in attachments just to be rechargeable and support headsets?

Do you regret buying an Xbox One?

Do you plan on getting a PS4 or transitioning to PC?

Does the lack of bluetooth support or upgradable hard drive bother you?

Is your friends list smaller than you would have expected for this console?

What is the appeal of a multi-platform game on the One if it isn't the graphics or frame rate? Sure, the game can still be enjoyable without the visual bells and whistles, but the games and consoles are the same price. Higher frame rate and resolution don't cost extra.

Looking back, would you have rather bought a PS4 for cross-platform, enjoyed better game quality, and bought an Xbox One solely for the exclusives, once those exclusives come out? After all, the PS4 would probably have some exclusive's you'd like.

I'd really appreciate sincere responses.

1. I don't like Playstation as much as Xbox. The media box functionality is a definite plus for my household, as well. All my non-gamer friends and acquaintances really like coming over to my house because it is neat. They really don't care enough to get a game system when they could buy a Roku or whatever and pester me for tech help however.

2. Yes. Don't care. If I cared I would be a PC gamer (master race.)

3. Still coming out ahead versus PC users on money spent to play games. Plus I have rechargeable batteries just because they're a good idea in a household, and the included headset is fine.

4. Hell. No.

5. Hell. No.

6. What would I need that is Bluetooth, besides maybe a keyboard or mouse, two things I game on the Xbox to avoid? You can plug in an external drive starting Monday or thereabouts.

7. It's bigger if anything. Since it carries over and all from the 360.

8 + 9. Haven't given a poo poo about getting more than one console at a time since Sonic made fun of Mario's glandular condition. If you have to poo poo on the competition to get a sale, I don't want your product.* Sony attacking the Bone with ads shortly after the unveiling pretty much wrapped this console generation up for me. I have a media box that works and also plays games better than my computer, and the Kinect works as intended. I just want to play games, man. I can't play them all, not if I want any kind of social life.

*This is also why I dislike PC gaming in general: the PC gamers (master race.)

\/\/\/\/\/ I didn't follow any of that so I must have missed it. :shobon:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jun 1, 2014

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

If you have to poo poo on the competition to get a sale, I don't want your product.* Sony attacking the Bone with ads shortly after the unveiling pretty much wrapped this console generation up for me. I have a media box that works and also plays games better than my computer, and the Kinect works as intended. I just want to play games, man. I can't play them all, not if I want any kind of social life.

*This is also why I dislike PC gaming in general: the PC gamers (master race.)

Wait, microsoft took shots at sony constantly last gen as well? I remember at the least them taking the piss out of GTA 4 install times and an exec having a go at sony at gamescom, they also "fired" the first shots when sony were getting ready to reveal the PS4 by saying no one will know about it or care and then attacking the PS3s media functions. This was like 12 months ago.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Major Nelson took shots at the PS4 immediately upon its unveiling on Twitter.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Chamber 9 posted:

I would like to preface with this: I am not posting this to troll or harass. I want to hear your side of the story; I'm genuinely interested.

How do you feel about a controller that has 50 dollars in attachments just to be rechargeable and support headsets?

What is the appeal of a multi-platform game on the One if it isn't the graphics or frame rate? Sure, the game can still be enjoyable without the visual bells and whistles, but the games and consoles are the same price. Higher frame rate and resolution don't cost extra.

Looking back, would you have rather bought a PS4 for cross-platform, enjoyed better game quality, and bought an Xbox One solely for the exclusives, once those exclusives come out? After all, the PS4 would probably have some exclusive's you'd like.

Admittedly I have both. I got mine Bone after a family member who did purchase it fell on hard times and was selling it for half off to pay bills.

I went in knowing some of the flaws. It was honestly too good a deal to pass up and I've enjoyed a few exclusives on the bone than my PS4. I'm well aware of the graphical flaws in DR3 and such and they are not ok.

I've got a headset that works for most consoles, Bone included. Batteries were pretty poo poo though. That's some garbage.

Not particularly. Price was just right and I've gotten use.

Got both.

Seeing as I use Bluetooth, no. I've got a few spare detachable drives I can add on. It's no biggie.

Not really. I jumped to PS3/4 when a few stayed Xbox, so it's coming back to some college and high school buddies.

Honestly it's too early to call this. We've not hit the year mark and I'm curious to see what happens.

Not applicable. I'll openly admit, I jumped because the deal was right and there was enough to justify the price I got it for.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What exclusives are people actually talking about? The only things that look vaguely interesting are a likely janky-rear end SWERY game and Remedy's 'probably going to be delayed for two years like everything else they've ever done' game. Unless you're a big fan of Visual Novels, I guess.

chaymie
Apr 5, 2008
I know my post history leaves some doubt, but I really appreciate the responses. It's nice to see some fleshed out views about the new xbox that isn't an extremist this sucks / that sucks. I know some people can't afford two consoles, especially this early in the cycle, so I was curious about why you guys chose one or the other.

Maybe I'll get one later on, but for now I can only afford a PS4 and I like the instant game collection and Vita remote play, so PS4 it is.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Chamber 9 posted:

For the record, in my house between me and my GF we have a Wii, 2 DS, PS2, 2 360's, a One and a PS4 for gaming - not counting PC's, tablets, phones (my PC could probably run most games well, she has a Macbook)

Chamber 9 posted:

Mostly because of having a 360, but the Kinect voice controls for TV/media were appealing to me.

Chamber 9 posted:

For the most part.

Chamber 9 posted:

Don't use headsets so I didn't care, I prefer using rechargable batteries, we have a huge dock of Energizer rechargables in the house and we always have a bunch in the dock charging. I did stupidly buy a play and charge on impulse though...I had a $20 MS Store gift card that was burning a hole in my pocket

Chamber 9 posted:

Nope...the TV stuff is as cool as I hoped, Titanfall has been fun.

Chamber 9 posted:

I was done with PC gaming years ago, bought a PS4 back in early April and I barely use it.

Chamber 9 posted:

Not yet.

Chamber 9 posted:

Can't answer this accurately, I added a lot of people from the COD thread to play Ghosts and Titanfall...most of my "IRL friends" haven't upgraded to this gen yet. The few who have have gotten XB1's - did buy a PS4 to play one title with people online though.

Chamber 9 posted:

Depends on the game. I like Live a lot more than PSN for multiplayer stuff (COD, BF, etc)

Chamber 9 posted:

If I was only getting one of them, I'd probably still go XBox because of the media stuff and exclusives...I skipped PS3 entirely and only a few games ever made me go "well I regret not having one"

Chamber 9 posted:

oh for sure man

sba fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jun 1, 2014

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Hey, quick potentially odd question here. Anyone know what you have to do to post to the "most well rounded" leaderboard on killer instinct?

gibbsocracy
Mar 2, 2014

by XyloJW
I like my Xbox because it has fun games and the kinect is actually useful.

Also I've never really forgiven Japan for Pearl Harbor.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

I really hope they release some kinect sports rivals dlc. that game is so loving win and I feel like rare deserves more of my money.

gibbsocracy
Mar 2, 2014

by XyloJW

thebardyspoon posted:

Hey, quick potentially odd question here. Anyone know what you have to do to post to the "most well rounded" leaderboard on killer instinct?

The kinect measures your leg, waist, and arm circumference from time to time and the most well rounded gets posted.

FSMC
Apr 27, 2003
I love to live this lie

Chamber 9 posted:

I brought the xbox one for the kinect. I basically wanted "healthy gaming". The problem is that there aren't many kinect games. I basically just use fitness, just dance and sport rivals.

The Kinect is a bit a of a let down but it's alright. In any case if it wasn't for the kinect I wouldn't have got either the xbox or ps4.

For proper gaming I'll use a PC, this is actually my first console since the megadrive.

One reason I got the xbox was there are no good FPS out there, it seemed like Halo was the only FPS left that might not suck. (All COD style - class based FPS suck)

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Sakurazuka posted:

What exclusives are people actually talking about? The only things that look vaguely interesting are a likely janky-rear end SWERY game and Remedy's 'probably going to be delayed for two years like everything else they've ever done' game. Unless you're a big fan of Visual Novels, I guess.

I'ma play Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, D4, Halo Guardians (and Halo 2 Anniversary once it's finally announced), Below and whatever happens next out of Gears. There's also stuff like Cobalt, Fable Legends, Project Spark and Fantasia: Music Evolved.

When you compare launch exclusives, I think Dead Rising 3 was the most fun I had, despite Killzone looking better, and going forward I think Microsoft has more to offer from exclusives. I'm gonna play the poo poo out of The Order: 1886, Drive Club and whatever happens with TLOU, but as someone who doesn't really give all that many shits about Uncharted, I'm more excited about MS stuff.

Both consoles will still share the vast majority of games, so unless you're the type who gets a boner over how many more dozens of pixels your game box pushes out, either console is a viable choice.

e: Sony gets a huge exclusive push from me if Project Beast ends up being exclusive, though. That'd be big, imo.

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jun 1, 2014

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010
Are you doing a poll or something?

Q: Why did you choose the Xbox One over the PS4?
A: I'll get both, but I bought the XBone first because it has a stupid one-voltage PSU and I live in Europe. I was always planning on buying both systems, but wanted one European and one American, so that I can play BluRay and DVDs from both regions (yeah I know non-region players exist). In this case, due to their terrible hardware design, it was easier for me to get an American PS4 and and use it in Europe than vice-versa.

Q: Did you know about each console's strength's and weaknesses before purchasing?
A: About the raw system power, yeah, and I don't particularly care about the pixels. I much prefer Live to PSN although when I bought the Bone I didn't realize how good the PSN Free Game system was.

Q: How do you feel about a controller that has 50 dollars in attachments just to be rechargeable and support headsets?
A: I can't imagine why anyone would buy MS's controller recharger instead of just normal rechargeable batteries which you can use anywhere and cost half as much. I actually prefer this to built in rechargeables (though not by a huge margin).

Q: Do you regret buying an Xbox One?
A: On timing yes (bought in February), but I would've bought it eventually. In the end $100 extra for a kinect i will never use, or the lack of getting TItanfall for free, doesn't really bother me.

Q: Do you plan on getting a PS4 or transitioning to PC?
A: Yes / no. I don't enjoy PC gaming very much. I was seriously considering buying a Mac mini and hooking up to the TV instead of getting a Bone/PS4, but decided against it purely because of console exclusives.

Q: Does the lack of bluetooth support or upgradable hard drive bother you?
A: I didn't even know it didn't have bluetooth. How do the controllers work then? What would Bluetooth even be used for? External HDD is fine, don't care about upgrading internal.

Q: Is your friends list smaller than you would have expected for this console?
A: I only have one friend on 360, so... no. I only play single player or with random strangers.

Q: What is the appeal of a multi-platform game on the One if it isn't the graphics or frame rate? Sure, the game can still be enjoyable without the visual bells and whistles, but the games and consoles are the same price. Higher frame rate and resolution don't cost extra.
A: There's none, I would buy whichever one was cheaper. I almost exclusively play games 1-2 years after release because I don't want to pay $100 (retail price here) for a new one. I don't care about higher frame rate or resolution, to me all I care about is graphical accoutrements, and it seems like PS4 and Bone are the same for these. The crushed blacks in the Bone are annoying (not that I bought Thief).

Q: Looking back, would you have rather bought a PS4 for cross-platform, enjoyed better game quality, and bought an Xbox One solely for the exclusives, once those exclusives come out? After all, the PS4 would probably have some exclusive's you'd like.
A: No. I massively preferred the 360 controller to the PS3 controller. Haven't used a PS4 yet but I like the Bone gamepad. The differences in quality are all but nonexistent in my eyes; I can't really even tell the difference between 360's BF3 and the Bone's BF4 for multiplayer.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

e: Sony gets a huge exclusive push from me if Project Beast ends up being exclusive, though. That'd be big, imo.

What do you mean "ends up" being exclusive? Its co-deved by SCE Japan.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
GUYS no one cares why even talk about it have you even SEEN Bound in Flame in 792?!?!?!?!

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Stux posted:

What do you mean "ends up" being exclusive? Its co-deved by SCE Japan.

Do we actually have a source on the developer? If so, cool. All I've seen so far are screens and gifs with "Project Beast" and From Software on 'em.

I've assumed it was Demon's Souls 2 since it seems unlikely they'd be readying another multiplatform release so close to DS2, but I haven't actually gotten to see any confirmation from From and Sony, so far it all seems to be "GAF says--".

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Soul Glo posted:

Do we actually have a source on the developer? If so, cool. All I've seen so far are screens and gifs with "Project Beast" and From Software on 'em.

I've assumed it was Demon's Souls 2 since it seems unlikely they'd be readying another multiplatform release so close to DS2, but I haven't actually gotten to see any confirmation from From and Sony, so far it all seems to be "GAF says--".

The person who leaked those webms also said it was being codeveloped by Sony Japan

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

VarXX posted:

The person who leaked those webms also said it was being codeveloped by Sony Japan

Neat. Add a Sony exclusive I'll for sure be buying. Hopefully they give it stage time in a couple weeks, I think it'd be swell if the Souls series was considered big enough to be shown at E3 alongside stuff like AC and CoD. Maybe it is, I never actually checked sales figures for DS2 (but I doubt it).

I'm still more interested in MS' E3 show, if only because they know they're behind the eight ball this year, and they've already gotten the Kinect-less SKU stuff out of the way.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
I got an Xbox one for Forza, Halo and because I can't stand the dualshock controllers. That's seriously it. Im really enjoying it, I just don't understand the insane nerd rage over the Xbox one.

Its just a drat video game console.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

Neat. Add a Sony exclusive I'll for sure be buying. Hopefully they give it stage time in a couple weeks, I think it'd be swell if the Souls series was considered big enough to be shown at E3 alongside stuff like AC and CoD. Maybe it is, I never actually checked sales figures for DS2 (but I doubt it).

I'm still more interested in MS' E3 show, if only because they know they're behind the eight ball this year, and they've already gotten the Kinect-less SKU stuff out of the way.

I think DS2 sold around 1.2mil in the first weeks of launch which isn't bad at all really, but whether or not its good enough to get it up on E3 I dunno. Sony have been pushing indies and smaller games a lot, and its a series which is a system seller for a small niche so it might get a mention.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

BrownieVK posted:

Now yes, but the self-appointed All-in-One Entertainment System had far grander plans from the on-set, and only got backtracked to a "back to basics" approach after consumers at large turned against it.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

BrownieVK posted:

I got an Xbox one for Forza, Halo and because I can't stand the dualshock controllers. That's seriously it. Im really enjoying it, I just don't understand the insane nerd rage over the Xbox one.

This is basically it for me, too. The biggest reason I stayed with the Xbox is that I'd gladly pay a $100 premium not to have to play games with the dual shock or on PSN.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Chamber 9 posted:

My household needs were better supported. It was basically WiiU or Bone. PS4 will be an eventual purchase but right now given how little time I'll be able to use it its cost prohibitive.

quote:

I post on these forums so I'd say yes

quote:

The two PS3 controllers I owned poo poo the bed in unique and magical ways both related to battery. Having removable batteries is nice for piece of mind for me. I don't use headsets but drat, thats dumb right? We all agree thats dumb.

quote:

Not at all but I'm the weirdo non-person who this device seems to have been explicitly aimed at

quote:

When a PS4 is cheaper I'll definitely pick it up. I own a gaming-caliber PC but, honestly, it feels like a waste of money. I have grown to dislike gaming on PC in general as I've had way too many issues (even with steam) across multiple systems that I just don't want to deal with and the genres best supported on a PC are ones I have the least interest in.

quote:

I don't use any bluetooth devices nor own any nor plan on purchasing any so it doesn't affect me per se but I think its stupid for the average person probably. Harddrive can't be removed but externals can be plugged in starting june. I don't live in a place with bandwith caps so downloading a game again is only a restriction on time.

quote:

Arbitrarily a lot of people I know bought Bones who I was not friends with before so my list has grown.

quote:

It is disspointing the console doesn't output the highest caliber graphics or, honestly, as close to the competitor. My current home setup and usage behavior minimizes the resolution difference and I've never really noticed or cared about framerate about 30. 60fps doesn't mean a lot to me.

quote:

Absolutely not. My home usage with the Bone relies heavily on its passthrough, snap, kinect, and media player support. Gaming was not the primary motivating factor in my purchase. I'll buy a PS4 someday and play the exclusive titles but I'm not in any particular rush as most system exclusives don't do a lot for me. Now if the equivalent of the PS2 era happened again where poo poo that could have been multiplatform only comes out on the PS4 you bet your rear end I'll be there.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Chamber 9 posted:

I prefer MS exclusives and I much prefer the controller.

Chamber 9 posted:

Not really actually. I got the bone at launch and didnt start posting in Games until maybe January. After launch I had heard that the bone was supposed to be slower but I was pretty surprised at the amount of rage on >Games about it.

Chamber 9 posted:

Being rechargeable is not a big deal at all to me. I dislike the lack of weight and heft that the WiiU Pro controller and the DS4 have. Batteries cost me all of like 25 cents per month. The headset thing is dumb though. I actually just bought that adapter thing over the weekend. I never really use headsets online (the one the bone comes with is decent though) but I do like to be able to use headsets to be able to play games without waking up my girlfriend. So its stupid I had to pay for it.

Chamber 9 posted:

[/quote]

No, it has its issues, but none of them have anything to do with why I bought the console in the first place.

Chamber 9 posted:

I am about a 50/50 console/PC gamer at this point. I used to be like 90% PC and have slowly been transitioning over the years.

Chamber 9 posted:

I dont even know what a lack of bluetooth support means to be honest. I like games and technology and stuff and I know what bluetooth is but I honestly dont know what I would need it for on my xbox.

Isnt the harddrive on the bone more upgradable than the PS4 one? I head it was tricky to get a 2tb on the PS4 due to the power supply but there are videos of 4tb hd's on the bone. Either way, I wont be upgrading it. I like trading games in so I rarely buy digital.

Chamber 9 posted:

Not really, i know about the same number of people with bones as ps4's. I dont think that bone is very far behind in sales in North America - its just losing badly abroad.

Chamber 9 posted:

Dropping 500 dollars on a PS4 and PS+ seems really stupid just to have slightly better graphics. I am always going to get the best graphics on my PC anyway. I got the bone for the exclusives and the controller, both of which I prefer over the PS4.

Like, I wish the bone was faster. I wouldnt complain at all about that. Its just not as big a deal as the games themselves. I bought a video game console to play video games after all. And I tend to prefer the ones on MS systems.

Chamber 9 posted:

PS4 will undoubtedly have exclusives I like. But there arent any yet. I actually had both the PS4 and the bone reserved on Amazon, but I just ended up selling the PS4 because it was becoming clear that there was nothing that I wanted coming out for the PS4 for a long time after launch so I didnt see the point of getting it right away. And there was no way that I am going to spend a loving thousand dollars on video game consoles just to have slightly better graphics on cross platform stuff. I know some people do that but jesus christ, I dont hate money that much.

\/\/\/\/ change my answers to what he said. finally someone talking some sense

WinnebagoWarrior fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jun 2, 2014

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Chamber 9 posted:

X Box has better brand recognition right now. Almost no one outside of the internet even knows what the PS4 is.

Chamber 9 posted:

Yes, I researched each console for several weeks.

Chamber 9 posted:

Meh you pay for quality.

Chamber 9 posted:

Why? Most good games will be on xbox/xbox exclusive. PS3 never had a killer app like Halo and I can't imagine the PS4 will either (infamous 2 lmao) Atleast the Bone has Titanfall.

Chamber 9 posted:

[in cartoon nerd voice] I can't believe this video game console doesn't have blutooth OR and upgradable harddrive *snort*

Chamber 9 posted:

It's fairly big. I already have an online girlfriend.

Chamber 9 posted:

Xbox has better exclusives so who cares about not being able to play some cross platform jock bullshit like Madden.

Chamber 9 posted:

Oooh [said sarcastically] I can't wait for the last of us 2 and uncharted 12. Lmfao.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

Chamber 9 posted:

Prosecution rests.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Why are people answering that guy sincerely? He's a loving idiot

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Yaoi Mandel posted:

Because I bought this expensive toy and must defend myself, I guess.

Yeah, I dunno why people give a poo poo about people giving a poo poo about their purchasing decisions, much less on a video game message board of a comedy website.

e: I mean, I guess it gives people an excuse to post since there's really no new games out beyond Wolfenstein and Watch Dogs that have their own threads.

Some good news: Mortal Kombat X, Crytek's Homeland 2 and Forza Horizon 2 were all announced this morning. Games? Hey, sweet-- games!

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jun 2, 2014

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

Soul Glo posted:

Because I bought this expensive toy and must defend myself, I guess.

Yeah, I dunno why people give a poo poo about people giving a poo poo about their purchasing decisions, much less on a video game message board of a comedy website.

e: I mean, I guess it gives people an excuse to post since there's really no new games out beyond Wolfenstein and Watch Dogs that have their own threads.

Some good news: Mortal Kombat X, Crytek's Homeland 2 and Forza Horizon 2 were all announced this morning. Games? Hey, sweet-- games!

Not a MK fan but Crytek making an open world shooter sounds loving incredible and I like the first Horizon way more than I thought I would. Very excited for both of those.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Soul Glo posted:

On that note: Forza Horizon 2 was announced for 360, which is a real head-scratcher.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Delusibeta posted:

On that note: Forza Horizon 2 was announced for 360, which is a real head-scratcher.

It's out this fall, at least, I think. 2014 is still in the "makes sense to" time frame for releasing 360 games since there's still not a ton ot X1's out there. I never played the original but feel like I missed out since it was talked up so much.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

Soul Glo posted:

It's out this fall, at least, I think. 2014 is still in the "makes sense to" time frame for releasing 360 games since there's still not a ton ot X1's out there. I never played the original but feel like I missed out since it was talked up so much.

Yeah, it does make sense to have it be crossplatform. And the original was pretty great - I dont like open world racers at all typically but Horizon was really, really fun. I look forward to seeing it on next gen with real development time.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Soul Glo posted:

Heck yeah, Forza Horizon was probably my favorite racing game last gen, remarkably good "chillin" game.

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010
So is Games with Gold "June" actually going to happen in June, or is Microsoft so freaked out about E3 they forgot Phil Spencer told them they were supposed to make Max and Halo Spartan Assault free this month?

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
The kids and I had way too much fun drifting the Veyron around the golf course in Horizon for stupid point-chains. I'm looking forward to Horizon 2.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Yaoi Mandel posted:

Why not? Getting out of the echo chamber every once in a while is good for you. It's why I visit PC threads.

Ronald Duck
Jun 26, 2005
My mum says I’m cool.

Saladman posted:

So is Games with Gold "June" actually going to happen in June, or is Microsoft so freaked out about E3 they forgot Phil Spencer told them they were supposed to make Max and Halo Spartan Assault free this month?

It's coming, but they haven't given a date yet.

I think I read somewhere that it requires the June dashboard update which is still in testing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yaoi Mandel posted:

Because this thread is normally pretty slow and this is something to keep us occupied. :)

• Locked thread