Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Daedleh posted:

Thirding this. The clips aren't really stable enough to do huge structures without glue, but they are fine at holding together pre-glued structures.

Yeah, I can get 1 story structures to stand up, but I've just glued myself a couple of 2 story towers, they can be expanded on with the clipped stuff of course, but for two stories you really need to glue. I might make myself a third and maybe even a fourth when I get my ruined terrain.

The main annoyance I find is those crossbar bits - they never seem to take a clip neatly and are always falling apart!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Played my first couple of Deadzone games yesterday, as Enforcers. Gotta admit that I seriously love the game. The amount of scenery, the low number of models, the rules for clear shot, so good.

Lost a game vs. Marauders, won a game vs. the infected dudes thanks to a couple lucky pulls (distracted the giant scary slow guy twice in a row).

Now I just have to pull together an Enforcers army and get them painted up.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
So the oath journal for this month is something to do with putting effort into your bases. What can be done with Deadzone bases??

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

The large bases are basically a blank slate. Here's what I did with mine:

I used a Basius pad to stamp out some large elements, which look like this:

And then slopped on some grey paint mixed with craft sand to blend it with the not-textured area. I dry-brushed up to light gray, added some details like painted stripes and weeds, and then used washes to weather them to hell.

For the smaller bases it's a little trickier - you can create the elements and cut them to fit around the feet, or cut the disc insert off and do it the same way you did the larger ones.

If you don't have a texture pad, you can use shattered CD case plastic or crumpled tinfoil to simulate broken pavement.

Oh hey, you should have one though! I just realized who was asking. I get confused when people change avatars.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Rebs bases - apologies for lovely camerawork

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

moths posted:

Oh hey, you should have one though! I just realized who was asking. I get confused when people change avatars.

I actually sold away two of them, and I only ever had fantasy ones to begin with, but I'll give it a shot. Unfortunately though most of the mantic stuff I have is that weird circle within a circle base. Bleh

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Crossposting!

WIP Mantic Orks, from the Marauder one-player starter set I got for $34 (shipped). I think I'm going to add some bronze to parts of the armor to make it a bit more patwork-orky and break up the silver a bit. Also need to do the eyes what're visible and the teeth, plus some small details on the bodies.

Pretty happy with them so far, though!

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

Esser-Z posted:

Crossposting!

WIP Mantic Orks, from the Marauder one-player starter set I got for $34 (shipped). I think I'm going to add some bronze to parts of the armor to make it a bit more patwork-orky and break up the silver a bit. Also need to do the eyes what're visible and the teeth, plus some small details on the bodies.

Pretty happy with them so far, though!

I've got some of their fantasy orks and I'm glad to see the can be easily kitbashed.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Those're actually their Warpath orx, which're based on the same sculpts, so yeah, definitely kitbashable. I didn't do any myself, though!

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

I've finally got some people to give deadzone a try (I have the $200 or so kickstarter pack, second shipment I think comes in August). What are peoples reccomendations on using the terrain in a way you can assemble/disassemble easily? I don't want a big board of it sticking around on my kitchen table and wasn't sure if the terrain holds up to being torn down all the time.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Fenarisk posted:

I've finally got some people to give deadzone a try (I have the $200 or so kickstarter pack, second shipment I think comes in August). What are peoples reccomendations on using the terrain in a way you can assemble/disassemble easily? I don't want a big board of it sticking around on my kitchen table and wasn't sure if the terrain holds up to being torn down all the time.

Glue some of it into modular parts, and then connect as needed on the fly.

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!
So I found out what's happened to my missing bits - turns out they shipped them weeks ago and Royal Mail lost them. So they're reshipping the missing bits tomorrow, joy. Good job Sarah is super helpful, or I might be getting cross by now. I've been waiting for this stuff since November.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

muskets posted:

So I found out what's happened to my missing bits - turns out they shipped them weeks ago and Royal Mail lost them. So they're reshipping the missing bits tomorrow, joy. Good job Sarah is super helpful, or I might be getting cross by now. I've been waiting for this stuff since November.

Sarah's great. My last Dreadball shipment got returned or lost in the mail 3 times and she still got it to me eventually.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Hey Daedleh, is there someone you can light a fire under at Mantic about missing pledge manager invites? It's been 4 days since they were supposed to all be out, and 2 days since Mantic said a word on the project page, plus they haven't responded to a backer message I sent. Plenty of other people complaining as well.

Plus my Mars Attacks paypal invoice still isn't here, and it's not a spam issue because everything paypal comes through just fine, including the Deadzone invoice I already paid.

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

What shall we do with a catnipped kitty?
Definitely. Drop me a PM with your email address.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

I know this should go in SA mart but wanted to test the waters before hand, would anyone in the UK be interested in buying some extra DZ terrain? I'm having something of a hobby clear out, DZ hasn't taken off amongst my gaming circle as well as I'd have liked it to and being constantly busy means I barely have any time to play the established games in our group as it is.

Additionally, my other ridiculously expensive hobby of running requires some new spangly shoes which I want to raise some cash towards and Hordes and Deadzone are the two weakest links in my collection at the mo. Pains me to say it :(

Contemplating shifting some of the terrain, but also shifting the Rebs faction and Plague faction from the kickstarter, would anyone in the UK be interested in those at all?

In fact, now that I think about it, I'd be half tempted to just sell everything I've received to date at a discounted rate and just write the loss off (and make a mental note to sanity check with my local gaming buddies before I make a move on anything on KS in the future) - I've sold the marauders a few months back (they just don't interest me in the slightest bit), half botched together some of the enforcers, half assembled some terrain, removed all of the terrain tiles from their sprues. Would anyone in the UK be interested in that lot at a heavy discount if I can whip up a rough list of what I've got lingering around?

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone know if another Kings of War kickstarter is on the way? I'm doing some budgeting and looking to set aside my funds for gencon, and wondering how best to spend the on Mantic minis.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Weirdo posted:

Does anyone know if another Kings of War kickstarter is on the way? I'm doing some budgeting and looking to set aside my funds for gencon, and wondering how best to spend the on Mantic minis.

There's one on the way, but it'll either be at the end of this year or in early 2015.

Buy undead. :getin:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Finally got into the DBX pledge manager after they posted the password recovery link in an update.

Now to get in and out with a minimum of extra money committed.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

NTRabbit posted:

Finally got into the DBX pledge manager after they posted the password recovery link in an update.

Now to get in and out with a minimum of extra money committed.

I almost doubled my last kickstarter pledge amount :signings:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Weirdo posted:

I almost doubled my last kickstarter pledge amount :signings:

I backed at frenzy because I was gainfully employed at the time, so not a lot of extra stuff to add, just a few of the extra metal minis that I probably don't need.

Random question, if anyone here was going to get a prize of one or two of these minis, say from something very similar to but totally not the TG oath thread, what strikes your interest more? The KS exclusives are a lot more limited in their application compared to the mercs from Deadzone I offered last season.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The medibot, the fans, or the zombies.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Ok, had a chance to have a think and had a look through the 1st survey invoice to remind myself what exactly I got from the deadzone kickstarter.. barring 2nd wave deliveries that we've not had yet, this is what I've got right now:

- Strike team package
- Additional fortifications battlezone (not sure what price these were at in the survey? $20?)
- Additional accessories sprue

What I've already sold previously:

- Marauders starter faction

This is what I've managed to find scant time to do so far:

- Assembled a teeny tiny tower
- Clipped all the terrain pieces from their sprues
- Glued some enforcers together

Lastly, this is all I was missing from my shipment

- a bunch of dice, just like everyone else v:shobon:v

So all I've had delivered is basically the strike team pledge plus the additional terrain sprues added on in the survey, I want shot of it and I'd let the lot go for £80 posted to the UK. If anyone is interested, either PM me or email me at erinfreeman at gmail dot com, I want to avoid making GBS threads up the thread with my sales talk so I'll leave it at that :v:

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hey guys, I entered the short story contest for the Dreadball Xtreme game, has there been any 'canonical' fluff as of yet, or is it all up to you, the player?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
http://gmortschaotica.blogspot.co.uk/p/council-of-seven-information-services.html

This is every piece of fluff written for Dreadball and Deadzone.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

^^ That link just popped up on my facebook feed, apparently it's not up to date anymore, but will be again by the end of the weekend

Weirdo posted:

Hey guys, I entered the short story contest for the Dreadball Xtreme game, has there been any 'canonical' fluff as of yet, or is it all up to you, the player?

I entered it too! Albeit a couple hours after the theoretical deadline of midnight without giving a timezoe, but I doubt they're being too anal about that. I hope :ohdear:

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jun 6, 2014

Power Player
Oct 2, 2006

GOD SPEED YOU! HUNGRY MEXICAN
So, I have a question about Deadzone. Is it better to get the Mega Deal with all of the factions and everything, or to get the Gamer's Edition?

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!

Power Player posted:

So, I have a question about Deadzone. Is it better to get the Mega Deal with all of the factions and everything, or to get the Gamer's Edition?

I'd probably get the Mega Deal - the Gamer's Edition is neat, but you're trading two factions you can use in the game for acrylic and resin replacements for the card counters in the boxed game, and a handful of d8s you probably already have. The Deadzone acrylic counters are a bit fiddly and not a huge upgrade over the cardboard ones, but the resin crates are really nice - honestly, my choice would be the Mega Deal and then the resin counters as an extra - that comes to £110 instead of £100 but gives you the best parts of both deals.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Power Player posted:

The difference is rebs+marauders starters vs acrylic counters and resin crates. You can buy all of these things separately, but the starters come to about 70 dollars while the counters and crates are about 47. So go for the mega deal I guess, if you plan to get everything anyway. It's about 23 dollars difference.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Get the mega deal because rebs and marauders are the coolest factions and the most fun to paint.

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

Does anyone have a suggestion for Veer-myn Driller and Tunneller vehicles that are not the Ramshackle driller? I'm not sure how long it will be before we see an official Mantic version and those massive drills look cool, but I'm still not totally sold on them. I want to play more than just infantry so I'd like to start getting some proxies for vehicles and some of their other units like the ordnance.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

scarletsquig posted:

Now that the info seems to be in the public domain after being confirmed.. I'll mention it here:

- Deadzone Kickstarter wave 2 will ship with a copy of the Warpath 3.0 rules.

Or, to put it more accurately, Warpath 1st Edition.. in the same way that the KoW hardback is considered 1st Edition despite also having 1.0 and 2.0 rules before it.

Can't wait.

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

Don't get too excited :silent:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

If you've got more to say on the subject, I'd love to hear about it.

Possibly in a PM.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Daedleh posted:

Don't get too excited :silent:

If they at the very least steal the unit coherency rule in the doc you were linking about, I'll be much happier.

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

It's a complete rewrite from scratch. Nothing from WP2 has been carried over.

Unit Coherency isn't even a thing.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Please tell me they aren't doing movement trays

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

Ok I won't.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Someone tell me when it comes out if Warpath is worth getting into tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Daedleh posted:

It's a complete rewrite from scratch. Nothing from WP2 has been carried over.

Unit Coherency isn't even a thing.

Any idea when we will hear more about WP3? I'm pretty interested. If coherency isn't a thing, is it then more of a skirmish where a figure is on his own then? such as Infinity, or Necromunda?