Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Pacheeco posted:

It's not optimal but there's not that many choices for Tyranid A-T. Carnifexes are officially :sicknasty: though so they are pretty much auto-include in all my lists.

I like the adrenal gland option on carnifex even better now with S10 on the charge and fleet. You just need to screen them (with gargs?) and they are monsters in combat. Given the crappiness of the tyranid CC weapons you won't even lose out much if you take them on a shootie-fex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

PierreTheMime posted:

Not enough skulls, see me after class.

That's actually really awesome. As a semi-new dad one of the things I'm sadly really excited about it potentially getting my kid(s) into the game when they're old enough. As fantastic as the fluff is the basic system is a great way to learn and use measurements, statistics, and critical thinking.

That's not even the best part. Sometimes she'll come hang out when I'm modeling and just work on taking the mold lines off of my Orks for an hour.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

CyberLord XP posted:

That's not even the best part. Sometimes she'll come hang out when I'm modeling and just work on taking the mold lines off of my Orks for an hour.

Training them to use a sharpe blade when young. It will be useful when she is jumped into a gang in a few years.

Once you have the scars from building a metal Deffdread you fear nothing.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Beerdeer posted:

Tallarn Rough Riders don't use horses anymore:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Imperial_Guard/Tallarn_Desert_Raiders/TALLARN-MUKAALI-ROUGH-RIDER-1.html

There used to be this crappy little store outside Detroit in Harper Woods that had TONS of the old RT stuff. And those mounted Chaos Marines came in big packs of like 10 in hard plastic.

I was going to cash in like a greedy bastard on the Thunderwolf Cavalry craze by converting some Burger King meal toys from The Last Air Bender into rad lizard cavalary. I felt too lovely about it but still have the models. The Mumaks are colossally too large for their rules, but the rules themselves are not shabby. With a model that has a lower profile I would use them for sure (and may convert some if I get the chance).

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.

PierreTheMime posted:

Did some minor changes on the goofy swords they include to make a Balesword, adding some pitting and remove the awkward angles:

Wow. Amazing. I wish I thought of this.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

PierreTheMime posted:

Almost finished with my Daemon Prince of Nurgle. 2+ cover while Gliding around, casting spells and lobbing Greater Reward attacks sounds pretty fun.

I gotta admit the first thing I thought of when I saw the picture without reading the post was those demons in Serious Sam that lob homing green fireballs at you.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

Fix posted:

Tonight Yarrick punched a Carnifex into a black hole.
Sweet. I miss running Straken and having him be a hero... should do that more often.

Also, Fix, check it! To everyone else, Fix sold my brother a small plasma globe a few weeks back - he just finished this terrain piece. Looking forward to getting a game in with it - we'll have to make up some rules for it.

My Super Cool Bro posted:

Void Shield is complete!

Here are the pieces painted separately and ready to be glued together:

And the completed piece:

Excited to use it in a game!

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

That's incredibly awesome. He rocks!

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

BuffaloChicken posted:

Sweet. I miss running Straken and having him be a hero... should do that more often.

Also, Fix, check it! To everyone else, Fix sold my brother a small plasma globe a few weeks back - he just finished this terrain piece. Looking forward to getting a game in with it - we'll have to make up some rules for it.

This owns a fuckload

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
That void shield is excellent.

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:
That poster on the wall makes for a cool backdrop for in-game photos. I need to remember something like that when I get to set up a more dedicated game room.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Wrong thread

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

BuffaloChicken posted:

That is so rad, I always love those incorporated into terrain.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

BuffaloChicken posted:

It's every bit as awesome I was worried it would be. :negative:

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

BuffaloChicken posted:

Oh damnit! I want one now!

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

BuffaloChicken posted:

You and your brother are consistently the best hams around.

On less awesome news, a cross post appears!

The Sex Cannon posted:

Finished up my final Chimera:

Here it is with it's passengers, a veteran squad:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Had a good first 7th ed game. Got hosed, but the rules changes are good tweaks. Love that psi phase, no more forgetting to use your powers because it can only be used in the movement phase and its the shooting.

Also learned that Trask in a Punisher is a lawn mower.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I think a good name for Pask in a Punisher is either Paskisher or Panisher. Possibly Pasher or PaPu.

edit:
Oh I might write a article on something Daemon Summoning related what are some good titles. I've got.

More Daemons , Less Money
Summon Daemons, Lose Money
How I learned to stop worrying and Give Gamesworkshop all of my money

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jun 6, 2014

Lord Humongus
Apr 10, 2009

ice ice baby :toot:

Hollismason posted:

I think a good name for Pask in a Punisher is either Paskisher or Panisher. Possibly Pasher or PaPu.

edit:
Oh I might write a article on something Daemon Summoning related what are some good titles. I've got.

More Daemons , Less Money
Summon Daemons, Lose Money
How I learned to stop worrying and Give Gamesworkshop all of my money

Daemons? In my army!?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

The Sex Cannon posted:

You and your brother are consistently the best hams around.

On less awesome news, a cross post appears!
That's a purdy tank ya got there. A little clean for Steel Legion in my imagination, but very nice.

I was supposed to have a game tonight but my opponent got held up at work. Last week my opponent had to bail and the ringer left his army in the wrong car. Three weeks without a game, but I'll be getting in some brunchhammer in this weekend.

And hanging around the club tonight had everyone encouraging my idea of building the Ultramarines 1st company in a modern paintscheme, which would have basing similar to my Valhallans and would dovetail nicely into Horus Heresy stuff by the time Roboute comes out and oh god I don't need another power armor army let alone another Ultramarines army

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I kinda wish this wasn't an Inquisitor scale model because it's probably one of the best female figures I've seen from GW and I'd love to use in my IG army as commander because it's pretty much all I really want.
Granted I'm sure some of the detailing would be lost if shrunken down a bit but it's still such a nice model that doesn't make me cringe whenever I see it compared to female ones.

Power Player
Oct 2, 2006

GOD SPEED YOU! HUNGRY MEXICAN

Cooked Auto posted:

I kinda wish this wasn't an Inquisitor scale model because it's probably one of the best female figures I've seen from GW and I'd love to use in my IG army as commander because it's pretty much all I really want.
Granted I'm sure some of the detailing would be lost if shrunken down a bit but it's still such a nice model that doesn't make me cringe whenever I see it compared to female ones.
Yeah, that's a great model. I wish there was more range in the IG line like there used to be (different companies, etc), but with female variants as well.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Power Player posted:

Yeah, that's a great model. I wish there was more range in the IG line like there used to be (different companies, etc), but with female variants as well.

Tell me about it. Been searching like crazy for a Commander model as I've ranted about before in previous threads but with no real success. I mean there is the Victoria Lamb stuff which is really amazing but that's just troopers and not any decent officers which is what I need the most.
I did find this one from Warmachine which is pretty much all I really need when it comes to design and pose but it's apparently not out until July and then I know that WM's scale is all over the place so it might just stand out even more than intended.

Heck, I wouldn't say no to have that one just as a display piece because it's an amazing model but good luck trying to find it nowadays. Did find one on Ebay but it was like 20eu in shipping. :suicide:

Power Player
Oct 2, 2006

Big Mek with KFF got taken down from the GW site. I'm glad I got one, since I always loved his static pose. Just an Ork resting on his wrench/axe.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Cooked Auto posted:

Tell me about it. Been searching like crazy for a Commander model as I've ranted about before in previous threads but with no real success. I mean there is the Victoria Lamb stuff which is really amazing but that's just troopers and not any decent officers which is what I need the most.
I did find this one from Warmachine which is pretty much all I really need when it comes to design and pose but it's apparently not out until July and then I know that WM's scale is all over the place so it might just stand out even more than intended.

Heck, I wouldn't say no to have that one just as a display piece because it's an amazing model but good luck trying to find it nowadays. Did find one on Ebay but it was like 20eu in shipping. :suicide:

Sascha Dubois from Reaper Miniatures might work with a little greenstuffing.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Find a good female head bit and tack that onto an MT model. It's great-looking ornamental armor and avoids the bare midriff/exposed breasts awfulness of 99.9% of all female miniatures.

vvvv
Looking through some options, Cipher Studios offers some good female heads which can be bought seperated for $3. It's a little pricey, considering the whole model is $10, but if you just want a smattering of females in your army you can grab some of the better sculpts.

While the whole model is way too mideval/skimpy, the head on this model has a great determined no-nonsense look that I think would be great for an officer.

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jun 6, 2014

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
This Warmachine officer might work, although you might want to swap the weapons. One thing to keep in mind is a lot of female Privateer Press models are noticeably smaller than their male counterparts, which makes them good for 40k.

http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/khador/units/winter-guard-officer-standard-bearer

Edit: if you're looking for more of a melee combatant, maybe

http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/the-protectorate-of-menoth/solos/nicia-tear-of-vengeance

Sulecrist fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jun 6, 2014

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Indolent Bastard posted:

Sascha Dubois from Reaper Miniatures might work with a little greenstuffing.

That goddamn exposed midriff. :sigh: And I really don't trust my skills in greenstuffing to make it look good. Shame really because it does look like a fitting one even without any visible weapons.

PierreTheMime posted:

Find a good female head bit and tack that onto an MT model. It's great-looking ornamental armor and avoids the bare midriff/exposed breasts awfulness of 99.9% of all female miniatures.

Yeah that was my plan from the beginning and I had a Commander from the Cadian HQ squad box built up but the only female heads I have are the Wood Elf glade guard ones and that turned out to be so lacklustre due to the pose lacking something I just kinda gave up on it.

Figure sans head.
But that head you linked does look kinda good. Might look into that and see if I can't try at it again.

Although I have to say I kinda like this model quite a bit even if the pose is a bit too much spunky action girl instead of regal officer, but the outfit and such is pretty nice.

Sulecrist posted:

This Warmachine officer might work, although you might want to swap the weapons. One thing to keep in mind is a lot of female Privateer Press models are noticeably smaller than their male counterparts, which makes them good for 40k.

Aside from the one I linked earlier I was looking at one of these:
http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/cygnar/warcasters/captain-haley
http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/mercenaries/warcasters/fiona-the-black
http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/cygnar/warcasters/captain-kara-sloan
Only problem is that any weapon swaps is gonna be a pain because they're all metal. Might just hold off until that other one comes out because it does have that pistol/melee weapon combo that I want.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jun 6, 2014

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Fiona might be the easiest, just file her trident down to a WWII era general's baton and either add a rifle to her right hand or slung over her shoulder.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

PierreTheMime posted:

Looking through some options, Cipher Studios offers some good female heads which can be bought seperated for $3. It's a little pricey, considering the whole model is $10, but if you just want a smattering of females in your army you can grab some of the better sculpts.

While the whole model is way too mideval/skimpy, the head on this model has a great determined no-nonsense look that I think would be great for an officer.

Looking it up I'm not sure you can actually buy that one models head separate at it seems the body is one solid metal/pewter figure and I'm not really sure it's available in plastic or not.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Fiona might be the easiest, just file her trident down to a WWII era general's baton and either add a rifle to her right hand or slung over her shoulder.

Not a bad idea.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Power Player posted:

Big Mek with KFF got taken down from the GW site. I'm glad I got one, since I always loved his static pose. Just an Ork resting on his wrench/axe.

from the looks of the leaked photos there's a plastic mek kit with options for KFF and SAG

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!

Cataphract posted:

from the looks of the leaked photos there's a plastic mek kit with options for KFF and SAG

Yup, I'm really hoping that it's also a Warboss dual kit. These slow burn releases are taxing me, I want to pick up the new ork kits, but the potential of another box being just a week away is going to prevent me from impulse buying (in the best interest of my wallet).

Power Player
Oct 2, 2006

Cataphract posted:

Yeah, I saw, but I sorta like the old pose better :shobon:

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Bavius posted:

Yup, I'm really hoping that it's also a Warboss dual kit. These slow burn releases are taxing me, I want to pick up the new ork kits, but the potential of another box being just a week away is going to prevent me from impulse buying (in the best interest of my wallet).

On a side note, I love that we're now so used to insanely fast releases for models and codices that waiting a week is "slow." Times have changed so much.

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!
What I meant by a slow burn is that rather than putting out an entire model release at once they're spreading it across a month. I'll agree that their releases are much faster than usual their norm.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

PierreTheMime posted:

On a side note, I love that we're now so used to insanely fast releases for models and codices that waiting a week is "slow." Times have changed so much.

I love that the only thing worthwhile in WD nowadays are rules that will be published in the codex a fortnight later.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Hopefully the breakneck release schedule is going to burn GW out faster so a company worth a drat could pick up the 40k license sooner.

I found an unopened Chimera box while digging through my closet. Really tempted to get back into 40k since I mostly just enjoy painting the models, but I'm also just tempted to try and sell it.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Babe Magnet posted:

Hopefully the breakneck release schedule is going to burn GW out faster so a company worth a drat could pick up the 40k license sooner.

I found an unopened Chimera box while digging through my closet. Really tempted to get back into 40k since I mostly just enjoy painting the models, but I'm also just tempted to try and sell it.
GW doing weekly releases isn't really a big change for them. They're just releasing what they'd normally release monthly, but spread out a bit more.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Babe Magnet posted:

I played a game of Warhammer Diskwars with a friend today and we mused on the fact that Fanatasy Flight do so much more with the GW properties than GW do.

I mean GW eliminated support for all it's specialist games and FF seems to be picking up the slack. And a lot of what they produce is top notch as well; The RPG stuff, Blood Bowl Team Manager, Chaos in the old world, Horus Heresy boardgame are all fantastic even Disk Wars is kinda ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

Cataphract posted:

IIRC, the 7th ed book had a pic of an ork in mega armor (presumably a big mek) with a KFF on the back of it. :dance: I'm in the same situation as Power Player in that I have a clam-pack Big Mek just sort of waiting around until I can get to it. I might modify it to have him stroking his chin though; for an ork, he has sort of a contemplative look on his face. :confused: "Duz it need more gubbinz? How many gubbinz is enuff?"

• Locked thread