Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

bloodysabbath posted:

Reminder that Casey Hudson literally locked himself in a room with Mac Walters so he could dictate to Mac what the ending to Mass Effect 3 would be. The rest of the writing staff was not consulted or given input.

You've seen what they turn out as a team. Do you really think that it would be better with input from all of them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I too play games for their story.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Taint Reaper posted:

I too play games for their story.
Well people certainly don't play ME/DA for the gameplay!!! yuckers *tugs collar*

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

reminder that mass effect 3 literally features a fan fiction tier ninja with hanzo steel who sends you an email that says "hahahaha yuo thought you was good commodore sheppard but I wuz better i beated you and now teh monsters are winnign and killing teh peeple hahahahaha ownd fgt"

At the beginning of last gen games like Mass Effect were vital in showing the world that the west had triumphed over the east in all manner of game design and should be the standard to follow going forward.

Then we end the generation with Kai Leng.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Random Stranger posted:

You've seen what they turn out as a team. Do you really think that it would be better with input from all of them?

I liked Mass Effect 1 pretty well.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Peanut President posted:

I liked Mass Effect 1 pretty well.
Same

I liked Dragon Age and it's expansion too.

Beast
May 2, 2004
thirsty for justice
Mass effect 2 is one of my all time favourite games.

Which is why ME3 was so much more of a kick to the balls.

Whilst screaming "how dare you get emotionally invested in characterssssss"

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Remember Kai Leng in the books got off on stealing cereal?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Reading this makes me feel like I have dyslexia. Words are being forced together at unnatural angles, hammered into place with brute force and idiotic will.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Three pieces isn't even a lot. Hit somebody in the hand with a sword and that's three, four pieces right there. I've witnessed factory mishaps more "badass" than this guy.

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

Those Frogster Sherlock Holmes games are the only games i enjoy anymore and i can't bloody wait for the next one. I'll be giving the sassy elf dating sim a miss.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

The Silver Snail posted:

Three pieces isn't even a lot. Hit somebody in the hand with a sword and that's three, four pieces right there. I've witnessed factory mishaps more "badass" than this guy.

three's impressive considering he appears to be wielding the upper half of a stapler.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

According to this e3 document there's a PS4/PC cross-platform VR game by nDreams Ltd appearing at the conference. Can't find word of it elsewhere:

quote:

The Assembly
Our first cross-platform VR game for PS4 and PC; a unique VR adventure game...
Nothing new that I spotted on that list, someone else can check it to be sure.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

GameTrailers is doing a Pre-E3 Show with very dubious production values. And I thought CD Projekt Red were running a low budget affair. This looks like it's being recorded in a closet.

http://www.twitch.tv/gametrailers

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Quest For Glory II posted:

GameTrailers is doing a Pre-E3 Show with very dubious production values.

*three nerds by a van, clearly not developers or involved in production in any way*

"So, what does a Shenmue game look like in the year 2014?"

"Like a ... souped up Yakuza", he replies, with the proper 'American dork trying to sound Japanese' inflection

i close the tab

Microsoft has some stiff competition this year

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

GameTrailers is doing a Pre-E3 Show with very dubious production values. And I thought CD Projekt Red were running a low budget affair. This looks like it's being recorded in a closet.

Also their Top 10 anticipated games of E3 went up just a little while ago but I guess they couldn't fix their number three entry in time.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Judas Iscaredycat posted:

Oh Jesus Christ, really? You're not even trying to improve your writing, are you, Bioware?

People probably don't care too much about writing in their American hentai game.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fysno8xdJWo

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

These guys are literally just saying fanfiction out loud at the camera and they're calling it an E3 show.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

These guys are literally just saying fanfiction out loud at the camera and they're calling it an E3 show.
So when is our E3 show going live?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The magic of twitch is that anyone can have a live E3 show!!!

I think someone's doing an "IndiE3" marathon at some point this weekend to show 2014 indie games.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Well if I had a E3 pre-show I would probably just stream old Ubisoft presentations while screaming "beyond good and evil 2".

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Thats awful.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I'm glad I was still tuned into this bad stream just to hear one GT journalist say "It's not fair that companies like Valve are pulling out, I hope that other companies don't follow suit because E3 is OUR event. It's OUR EVENT." like a loving baby

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Oh, great, now I'll be listening to Seinfeld reruns.

Believe it or not, George isn't at home. Please leave a message at the beep! I must be out or I'd answer the phone, where could I be? Believe it or not I'm not home!

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

I'm glad I was still tuned into this bad stream just to hear one GT journalist say "It's not fair that companies like Valve are pulling out, I hope that other companies don't follow suit because E3 is OUR event. It's OUR EVENT." like a loving baby

Its really funny because these guys are gonna have to deal with the reality that game companies can market directly to gamers and don't need them at all.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Famous TV Dad posted:

Its really funny because these guys are gonna have to deal with the reality that game companies can market directly to gamers and don't need them at all.

If only they had taken the time to differentiate themselves as real critics that provide news and reviews instead of advertising!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

GameTrailers producer appeared for a second and said he's gotten footage for the All Access show on Monday and that with Microsoft's press conference to "expect more CG trailers and less demos."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

GameTrailers producer appeared for a second and said he's gotten footage for the All Access show on Monday and that with Microsoft's press conference to "expect more CG trailers and less demos."

My office's annual off-site retreat is Monday. I'm kind of annoyed that I'm going to miss the annual slow-motion trainwreck that is the Microsoft press conference.

Are there Vegas odds on number of ESPN mentions/length of the ESPN segment yet?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

I expect them to go all out revealing near term and far flung projects alike. They need to get people on board.

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010

Well, I guess Microsoft wins E3.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

I got an exclusive tape of the rehearsal.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Really E3 is going to be all about IGA's studio doing CV: HD 2 feating the Belmonts and Soma and Alucard and Shanoa and JONATHON CHARLOTTE and Grant and Etc having kicking rad adventures.

:sigh:

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

reminder that mass effect 3 literally features a fan fiction tier ninja with hanzo steel who sends you an email that says "hahahaha yuo thought you was good commodore sheppard but I wuz better i beated you and now teh monsters are winnign and killing teh peeple hahahahaha ownd fgt"

I never played the ME series.

What.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Also their Top 10 anticipated games of E3 went up just a little while ago but I guess they couldn't fix their number three entry in time.

Possibilty 1:

1. Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
2. Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
3. Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
4. Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
5. Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
6. Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
7. Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
8. Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
9. Smash 4 featuring Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
10. Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number

Possibility 2:

1-10Gametrailers is a bunch of hacks.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jun 7, 2014

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

I got an exclusive tape of the rehearsal.

Eh, they did okay last E3 considering what they were up against ($500 price point, notwithstanding). And now that you've got a guy in charge that usually doesn't sound like an asshat, I think they'll do fine.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Rinkles posted:

Eh, they did okay last E3 considering what they were up against ($500 price point, notwithstanding). And now that you've got a guy in charge that usually doesn't sound like an asshat, I think they'll do fine.

They'll do fine presenting exactly what? CG trailers for Halo 5?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

They'll do fine presenting exactly what? CG trailers for Halo 5?

Whatever they have in their long term pipeline (CG atm).

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Anatharon posted:

I never played the ME series.

What.

Mass Effect 3 introduces a character from the expanded universe novels as one of the antagonists. He has no real build up in the games unless you actually took the time to read the books and who actually does that. Nevertheless, characters keep yelling "KAI LENG, OH GOD WE'RE SCREWED," like it means something. The email in question is after he shows up, fucks with the party and screws up their mission, and basically gives you the finger via email. It's really loving dumb.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Rinkles posted:

they absolutely did not do ok last e3

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

they absolutely did not do ok last e3

In a vacuum without the stomping from Sony, it'd be an okay, non-awful presentation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Rinkles posted:

In a vacuum without the stomping from Sony, it'd be an okay, non-awful presentation.
It'd have to be a pretty tiny vacuum because even before Sony's conference you had that awful Don Mattrick interview where he condescendingly poo poo all over people who didn't like their DRM plans.

• Locked thread