Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Reminds me of an OER they had pinned up on the wall at Armor school. It was a DO NOT PROMOTE for a 2LT who lost his weapon three times...in theater.

Dude in my company lost his M4 in Iraq.

He'd leaned it against the tire of his MRAP and forgot it was there.

And then drove over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenMeat
Sep 2, 2002
slow mutant

McNally posted:

And then drove over it.

Had exactly the same thing happen. Was it a CBRNE dude on Taji?

I was acting troop 1SG and had to go see the BDE CSM about it. All he did was yell at me about my sideburns.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

McNally posted:

And then drove over it.
We've had a couple of LMRs run over by firetrucks. They look mostly undamaged on the outside, except the LCDs turn completely black.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Had an E5 promoteable leave his M4, complete with sight, PEQ, grip etc, on the roof of a hilux and drive away on KAF. He either didn't notice or didn't say anything and just went to bed that night. The next day it was returned to his unit by the MPs, except minus all it's gizmos. Needless to say, he never made E6.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

gleep gloop posted:

Had an E5 promoteable leave his M4, complete with sight, PEQ, grip etc, on the roof of a hilux and drive away on KAF. He either didn't notice or didn't say anything and just went to bed that night. The next day it was returned to his unit by the MPs, except minus all it's gizmos. Needless to say, he never made E6.

Yikes. How many paychecks did that cost him?

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

loved basic so much I decided to stay
As most of you know losing a weapon in bct/ait is bad... very bad.

A kid dropped his rifle out a cattle car window because he was pointing it at cars driving by saying "BLAAAP". He lost his grip on his M4 and it hit the ground. He didnt say anything for three days. Luckly It was sitting in a somewhat Secluded part of the road and only had corroded half the barrel instead of the entire barrel. Goergia rainstorms :commissar:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Regarding retarded boot camp clothes: the navy kids at boot these days design and pay for class t shirts and hoodies. It's usually got their class number and roster of graduates along with some really moto poo poo going on in the background.

I have it on good authority that 100% of the people who buy and wear these things are idiot assholes.

Edit: to be clear this is an official thing as far as I can tell, which means it's a major scam and someone higher up is getting kickbacks from the screen printing company.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Yikes. How many paychecks did that cost him?

I don't think the Article 15 was particularly harsh but he and his PSG (of course not platoon leader!) got GOMARS and bars to re-enlistment. The E5 just got out and the PSG just said gently caress it and retired because he was over 20 anyway.

Anansi The Spider posted:

As most of you know losing a weapon in bct/ait is bad... very bad.

A kid dropped his rifle out a cattle car window because he was pointing it at cars driving by saying "BLAAAP". He lost his grip on his M4 and it hit the ground. He didnt say anything for three days. Luckly It was sitting in a somewhat Secluded part of the road and only had corroded half the barrel instead of the entire barrel. Goergia rainstorms :commissar:

Yeah bullshit man that DS's didn't notice a missing M4 for three days.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

gleep gloop posted:

it's pretty easy to get away with poo poo that no one sees

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

I bought a Platoon shirt and a bunch of other decent shirts from a printing company. 100$ of fireguard $$ aint too bad, I wont wear it though, just the shirts that have non retarded designs.

And he would just sound off without raising his rifle, and when reporting to CQ we just said the correct number of rifles/pax. We didnt have weapon racks we just laid em out dress right dress and called it a day. He would just carry a quitter/"im a crazy"s until the fireguard one night was told to count them and he fessed up.

Anansi The Spider fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jun 11, 2014

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Anansi The Spider posted:

I bought a Platoon shirt and a bunch of other decent shirts from a printing company. 100$ of fireguard $$ aint too bad, I wont wear it though, just the shirts that have non retarded designs.

You are one boot motherfucker.

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

You are one boot motherfucker.

I have yet to spend a cent of my paychecks

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

gleep gloop posted:

Yeah, I'm gonna call BS too. When we were on our FTX we had accountability formations all the drat time for weapons and NODs.

Not to mention, every night we were in the barracks we put our weapons in the rack and the DSs made sure every drat one was there.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
I don't think he's even in the military.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

elite_garbage_man posted:

I don't think he's even in the military.

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

idr parachute spotted

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
poo poo balls

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

Yeah, I'm gonna call BS too. When we were on our FTX we had accountability formations all the drat time for weapons and NODs.

Not to mention, every night we were in the barracks we put our weapons in the rack and the DSs made sure every drat one was there.

Literally stopped happening after week 6. We didnt have racks after week 9, FTX was weapons count prior to leaving, and after our 12 mile march, he dropped his poo poo on buddy live fire coming back on a fri, sat/sun was 1 DS on cq. None of our platoon dses came in for 3 days.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009
Anansi

its cool man, you dont have to make up stories

its cool to be a 92w or whatever, you dont have to pretend to be a HOOAHHOOAH11BKIIIIIIIIIIL

you're a boot, we understand

but no one believes you.

i'm going to quote one of my DSs, because it somehow stuck with me for this long

"this is loving unbelieveable, not because it is incredible, but i literally do not believe it"

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
How many paragraphs are in a 5 paragraph order?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

elite_garbage_man posted:

How many paragraphs are in a 5 paragraph order?

Lemme check my pocket RANGER manual, one sec

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
We have to ask him questions only someone in Army would know.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
How many stuffed animals did he win from army?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

Depends on how strong his Oedipus complex is.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
He's probably got one for sand racing.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

GreenMeat posted:

Had exactly the same thing happen. Was it a CBRNE dude on Taji?

I was acting troop 1SG and had to go see the BDE CSM about it. All he did was yell at me about my sideburns.

Not sure where it happened, it was a different platoon. I want to say it was down in Scania.

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

The seal is for marksmanship.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
These are my medals mother, from army.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

Anansi

its cool man, you dont have to make up stories

its cool to be a 92w or whatever, you dont have to pretend to be a HOOAHHOOAH11BKIIIIIIIIIIL

you're a boot, we understand

but no one believes you.

i'm going to quote one of my DSs, because it somehow stuck with me for this long

"this is loving unbelieveable, not because it is incredible, but i literally do not believe it"

My favorite DS quote: "you guys wanna kill yourselves? Don't jump out the window, it isn't high enough. The army always sends me new privates so I don't really give a poo poo."

Which is all talk because god drat that paperwork. But it was still funny to hear when you're a brand spanking new off the bus basic trainee.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Cole posted:

Which is all talk because god drat that paperwork. But it was still funny to hear when you're a brand spanking new off the bus basic trainee.

Double the fun in Canadia when you get french NCOs in charge of english recruits.

"You think I know gently caress nothing, but I tell you right now...I know gently caress all" :downs:

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Guest2553 posted:

Double the fun in Canadia when you get french NCOs in charge of english recruits.

"You think I know gently caress nothing, but I tell you right now...I know gently caress all" :downs:

That's some straight-up zen right there.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Guest2553 posted:

Haha when did you go through basic. One of my instructors said that but I forgot his name.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Wingnut Ninja posted:

That's some straight-up zen right there.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Jesus, people leave weapons everyfuckingwhere.

On one deployment-
E4 leaves his weapon in a hadji shop in Kuwait. Goes on to leave it in three different portashitters in seven months in theater...after losing his weapin three times during mob. Dude was like 5'2" carrying an A2 with 203. Somehow lost that loving thing all the time. Then was confused why they wouldn't issue him a 9. (They ended up giving him one anyway- which he lost twice) No punishment.

Different E4 leaves his weapon against the Humvee's tire on Anaconda. The base takes IDF (nowhere close mind you) convoy commander decides to leave early. Trooper leaves his weapon, runs it over, doesn't report it for two days. Finally gets reported, and is found on Anaconda with a bent barrel and stripped of rails, optics, PEQ-2, buttstock and the lower parts. Jack poo poo was done to punish him.

E7 Squadleader of SPC Stripped Gat rolls out on an imaginary QRF mission with his M4 on the hood. It falls off on the way out the gate. Cue the Marines who work gate trying to find out who went out and why through the TOC, and asking for the PLT channel to contact them. TOC asks why, Marines try to dodge the questions. After about ten minutes back and forth, the Marines finally just outright tell the TOC the responding unit (who had no mission or reason to roll out) dropped a rifle. No punishment.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

Nostalgia4ColdWar fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Mar 31, 2017

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

50 Foot Ant posted:

No. Wait. The WORST is that goddamn butterbar who's been in the unit two weeks and wanted to 'teach the enlisted land-nav' who has not only managed to misplace his loving map, but also his compass.

Oh, and he's led you onto the artillery impact range.

I wound up in a wrecked hummer because of this rear end in a top hat's brother.

And I bitched out by the XO for teaching their other brother how to forecast because our flight captain told me to. Apparently the enlisted aren't supposed to show the brass how to do their job even when told to. :shrug:

What I am saying here is, gently caress Lts and XOs. Lts are half as smart as E3s and 4000 times more arrogant. And XOs are the retards who were promoted to the position because its where they can gently caress the least up.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Genocide Tendency posted:

I wound up in a wrecked hummer because of this rear end in a top hat's brother.

Did he have braces or something

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Cole posted:

Did he have braces or something

Rolled it.

Do you know how hard it is to roll a Humvee?

Like.. It was physics defying stupidity.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris

Rolled it.

Every rollover in Iraq would like a word with you on that.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

If rollovers were very rare, non of us would have spent time in HEAT trainers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Rolled it.

starting to think you might be a IDR clone.