Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Daniel Bryan posted:

No but he gets told what's going to happen a lot of the time with the pre-tense that he not say what's going to happen. So when asked to predict or fantasy book, he feels silly when he knows the plan.

It seems to depend on if he's heard it from multiple people and what the nature of the spoiler is. If it's match ups he'll report them (even WM matches that spoil everything for months,) if it's a long term direction he'll report it, but he usually doesn't spoil title changes anymore. The only exception I can think of is the Punk/Rock title change because he'd already reported the WM card months earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
What does it say about my mental state that I look forward to the Pisscast more than any other podcast?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The pisscasts are the worst. I wish they weren't posted here.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Who is Dave talking to about whats going to happen at the PPVs for WWE? on the show with Bryan he was talking about getting put on the spot about what he would do, and then being told what was going to happen. Does he actually consult for WWE?
People don't just hit up their sources for news. They have a conversation. Whenever Konnan runs down a card with Bryan and Dr. Lucha he always asks them to predict the winners. Sources are probably interested in what Dave thinks.

Except The Rock. Dwayne's mom sends an email about a fake injury and Dave prints it like a Babinsack.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

ICHIBAHN posted:

Agreed, but for whatever reason Audio Engineer Lance Storm refuses to help us get posted on F4W so I'm afraid we're stuck here.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

yea ok posted:

f4w kaz show is good

Can't believe TNA production trucks don't have wrap arounds (TNA advertising decal) and TNA refuse to purchase it even when offered a good price.

He broke TNA Mecca's heart:

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Hey guys, maybe a dumb question, but I want to start checking out Austin's podcast and everywhere that hosts it seems to only list every other episode. Am I missing something or is that just how they do it?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

He has two feeds. One's uncensored, one's PG, but they use the same numbering scheme.

Part 1 of the Heyman interview is #107 on the clean feed, and part 2 is #108 on the uncensored for example.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Jun 11, 2014

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ICHIBAHN posted:

same, but your posts

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Thauros posted:

He has two feeds. One's uncensored, one's PG, but they use the same numbering scheme.

Part 1 of the Heyman interview is #107 on the clean feed, and part 2 is #108 on the uncensored for example.

Thanks!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

rovert posted:

Can't believe TNA production trucks don't have wrap arounds (TNA advertising decal) and TNA refuse to purchase it even when offered a good price.

I can't believe TNA has production trucks...

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

rovert posted:

Mmm, former workers keep telling stories about how poo poo TNA is, could they have some merit?

Nah, they're just crybabies.

I love you TNA Mecca.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Memento posted:

I can't believe TNA has production trucks...

This may or may not be the ring truck:

Either way it is an excuse for more attendance lols.

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009

ch3cooh posted:

I liked their review of the HHH-Cactus Jack street fight and it says a lot that it was so good that they missed the barbed wire bat being changed out for a gimmicked version

Doesn't that actually happen during the No Way Out match?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Iskanderson posted:

Pretty sure you're right. The fake barbed wire looks pretty obvious there

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

I rewatched the RR2000 match after listening to the podcast. I had forgotten about the switch but as soon as I saw the first one get handed over, I remembered. The first barbed wire had started to unravel anyway, but the second one looks quite distinctly unlike real barbed wire.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Iskanderson posted:

Happened in the RR street fight too. Look hard enough at the second bat and the wire is magically rewound neatly, and barbless.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

BlueArmyMan posted:

Happened in the RR street fight too. Look hard enough at the second bat and the wire is magically rewound neatly, and barbless.

Yup. They use the ungimmicked version initially, Foley takes a couple shots to the gut and back establishing it as real barbed wire. Then the ref takes it away and inexplicably hands it to Hugo Savinovich for safekeeping. Foley then goes over and demands the Spanish announce team give it back at which point they pull it out but the wire is neatly wrapped and looks barbless. They use that one for the head shots that Hunter blades for. It's actually pretty clever, they show that holy gently caress it's actual barbed wire, then use some sleight of hand to swap it out for a safe version but if you aren't watching closely you don't catch it.

Oh and they keep the real one under the Spanish announce table. So if the table had broken when foley gives hunter the piledriver on it one of them would have landed on barbed wire

Usual Barb
Aug 27, 2005

pop it and lock it
I'm 80% sure I'm not a Blank Gambit parachute account.

vvvv Just a joke since they didn't know who I was

Usual Barb fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jun 11, 2014

Blankgambit
Mar 30, 2010

Xmas Future posted:

I'm 80% sure I'm not a Blank Gambit parachute account.

Who accused you of being me?

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014
The pisscast routinely ignores my questions / dares, but still I come back begging for more abuse.

Do a cheap online career choice test and then book a wrestler who has that exact career choice for a gimmick.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Congrats Karmine, also I'm working to be a paleontologist not an archaeologist; this is important because archaeologists really hate it when you either A)get disappointed that you are not Indiana Jones/finding lost cities in some exotic location or B)say what dinosaurs you found in the desert. For paleontologists however we can't get disappointed since we can always pride ourselves in being like Dr.Grant and also because Indiana Jones was also based off a Paleontologist/adventurerer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Chapman_Andrews :smug:

But yeah thanks for getting that answered (I might be going to University of Utah, but still good to know if that falls through)

I'd assume that Oklahoma is probably like Omaha weatherwise which I know sucks since I have to go there every year for a week in the middle of July.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Discount Trombones posted:

The pisscast routinely ignores my questions / dares, but still I come back begging for more abuse.

It's not intentional, we just don't always check the thread. Everyone gotta get a Twitter it's really good, fuckin love Twitter.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Discount Trombones posted:

Do a cheap online career choice test and then book a wrestler who has that exact career choice for a gimmick.

I have the tools to do this through work so I will actually do a giant one of these tomorrow if I have time

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
I mean, if we are going to debate who has the worst podcast...

Wrestling With Marks-ism - Episode 6 "How RealDolls Saved The World"

On this week's episode, Zarikov and I talk Raw, some misc. wrestling news, do a little TNA refresher, and reflect upon his upcoming one-year anniversary of being a legitimate wrestling fan rather than an ironic wrestling fan. ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

RSS Feed
Show Twitter
ExplodeYourself
Zarikov

Edit:
Also, congrats on your second-generation pisscaster, Karmine!

ExplodeYourself fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jun 12, 2014

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

With all the talk about disappointment with JR's Podcast recently, it was quite a relief to hear his interview with Ted Dibiase. I thought it was excellent, though I was hoping it might prove to be a 2-parter since they barely touched on any of his second WWF run (as The Million Dollar Man). The stuff about his time in the territories and over in Japan was absolutely fascinating though, and is the kind of stuff that I hoped JR's podcast would be frequently covering when I first heard he was doing a podcast.

Hell, the whole show is worth it for the story about Stan Hansen taking a shot to the nuts.

Edit: Part of what makes it work is that whenever JR seemed to be going off on a tangent, Dibiase would chime in and bring the conversation back to the topic at hand or tell a neat story based on something that JR had been saying.

Unfortunately next week he's talking to MVP, which wouldn't be a bad thing except he's JUST done an interview with Jericho.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jun 12, 2014

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Dave is tired of the top guy being portrayed as weak.

quote:

Now, as president, he should have had a lot better judgment than to allow him to be taped doing stuff people would make fun of.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Didn't see it posted but Dutch "Zeb" Mantell posted on Twitter that he's doing a podcast too (possibly called the Zebcast) because literally everyone needs to have a podcast apparently.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

flashy_mcflash posted:

Didn't see it posted but Dutch "Zeb" Mantell posted on Twitter that he's doing a podcast too (possibly called the Zebcast) because literally everyone needs to have a podcast apparently.

Prediction: his first three guests will be Stone Cold, Jericho, and JR, not necessarily in that order. It'll be on Podcast One as well, and he'll be shilling for legal zoom and sherri's berries in no time.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Somewhere Colt Cabana just screams "OH FOR FUCKS SAKE"

Still, Dirty Dutch is cool. Half of me hopes it'll all be in character and just be a pisstake of Rush Limbaugh but the other half of me knows that I'll hate it and it'll have people unironically agreeing with it.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Someone give Tony Atlas a podcast

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
No wonder Cabana was teasing calling it a day on his 200th episode. I mean, it was pretty cool when Austin and Jericho got involved because they have access to a lot of guys that Colt does not, but the market is getting pretty crowded now. It is a shame too because AOW is probably the most consistently good out of all of them. Sure, you might have no idea who he is talking to but at least you know that you aren't going to hear the same stories you could have heard on three other podcasts. On paper, the idea of Dutch having podcast sounds great, but so did the idea of Ross and Cornette having one. Now, I won't listen to either unless someone in this thread recommends that I do so.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

With all the talk about disappointment with JR's Podcast recently, it was quite a relief to hear his interview with Ted Dibiase. I thought it was excellent, though I was hoping it might prove to be a 2-parter since they barely touched on any of his second WWF run (as The Million Dollar Man). The stuff about his time in the territories and over in Japan was absolutely fascinating though, and is the kind of stuff that I hoped JR's podcast would be frequently covering when I first heard he was doing a podcast.

IF you want to hear DiBiase talk about the Million Dollar Man gimmick and his Japan run, listen to his interview with Colt.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
I love the idea that there's this self-sustaining carousel of old-timer podcasts, where all the guests on every podcast eventually become podcast proprietors themselves. Clearly there's a market for it.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I love the idea that there's this self-sustaining carousel of old-timer podcasts, where all the guests on every podcast eventually become podcast proprietors themselves. Clearly there's a market for it.

It's like a weird ponzi scheme where everyone wins.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Case in point; Austin's guest on this week's Unleashed is JR

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Not gonna be satisfied until Butch Masters drops the first episode of How Did This Get Blade

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

flashy_mcflash posted:

Not gonna be satisfied until Butch Masters drops the first episode of How Did This Get Blade

PodcastOne won't take either Land of the Giant separately. They want a package deal.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

If Dutch's podcast is in character as Zeb it will be glourious.

All the ads are done by Swagger.

The end of every podcast is ten minutes cursing Heyman and Cesaro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

All the ads are done by BIG HOSS.

• Locked thread