Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

davebo posted:

I like how this angle hides how bloated the car got over time since the latest are farther away. I'd love to see this same setup from the side then the front for maximum growth.

It's a very clearly photoshopped image, so who knows if the sizes are accurate to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

BoostCreep posted:

It's a very clearly photoshopped image, so who knows if the sizes are accurate to begin with.

It looks like it's from a videogame, actually.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

BoostCreep posted:

I think that's a videogame screenshot actually, so the proportions should be fairly accurate.

e;f,b

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Neptr posted:

I noticed the fading rear glass size myself. You can add cameras for visibility, but you can add anything to make the greenhouse feel nice and open again.

Yes you can, its called a panoramic moon roof

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

Carteret posted:

It looks like it's from a videogame, actually.

Hah, good call. I knew something was off. The shadows made it look like a really lovely photoshop.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

kill me now posted:

Yes you can, its called a panoramic moon roof

Ah yes, just what I want in a car: more sunlight beating down on my head.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Fucknag posted:

Do you seriously not like moon/sun roofs?!

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Preoptopus posted:

FLORIDA.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Fucknag posted:

FLORIDA.

God drat it sorry man, I should have thought of that!
I imagine not too many black cars down there either huh.
On the one hand my God do I hate our winters, but on the other, I live for the day I open that bitch up.
And gently caress A\C, all windows down all summer long :)

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Black paint honestly isn't as big a deal as it would seem.

Black interiors, however... like my Protege, which has like 95% factory tint... it takes like 10 minutes for the A/C vents to get cooled down, they're that heat-soaked. The nylon fabric strip around the edge of my sun shield started disintegrating from the heat. I will park 10x farther away if it means getting shade.

And yeah, I was up in Ann Arbor a few weeks ago, helping my sister pack up to move back here. It was like 80 degrees at the hottest part of the day, I couldn't believe it. Now if only it wasn't in, y'know, Michigan...

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Fucknag posted:

Black paint honestly isn't as big a deal as it would seem.

Black interiors, however... like my Protege, which has like 95% factory tint... it takes like 10 minutes for the A/C vents to get cooled down, they're that heat-soaked. The nylon fabric strip around the edge of my sun shield started disintegrating from the heat. I will park 10x farther away if it means getting shade.

And yeah, I was up in Ann Arbor a few weeks ago, helping my sister pack up to move back here. It was like 80 degrees at the hottest part of the day, I couldn't believe it. Now if only it wasn't in, y'know, Michigan...

I'd take Florida heat/humidity any day over midwest winters. I was kinda pissed when I got offered a promotion locally instead of one of our southern terminals. I accepted the offer last week so I'm stuck in Iowa for another year at least.

To contribute, unlike many of you heathens, here are some photos from a cruise-in night I went to a few weeks ago:

Just a stock C7, but my god I love how they look.

Not a stock Nova. The supercharger was massive. Drag radials and a chute in the back.

This is kinda awful but kinda awesome. Had an LS1 somehow shoehorned in. The driver's footwell was TINY because of how far they had to push the firewall back.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

Fucknag posted:

So you want more light and openness but OH GOD NO NOT MORE SUNLIGHT. :goonsay:

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

angryhampster posted:

This is kinda awful but kinda awesome. Had an LS1 somehow shoehorned in. The driver's footwell was TINY because of how far they had to push the firewall back.

If it's bagged then that's awesome.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

6675636b20796f75 posted:

If it's bagged then that's awesome.

Yeah it was bagged. The box in the back has the tank and compressor.

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

This rules.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Just casually parking my 956, no big deal.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

kill me now posted:

So you want more light and openness but OH GOD NO NOT MORE SUNLIGHT. :goonsay:

a) I wasn't the one talking about openness

b) You try getting a sunburn on your scalp and see how much you like the wonderful light of day (this happened to me as a kid when I was riding in a convertible, ultra-sunroof would be the same).

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Fucknag posted:

b) You try getting a sunburn on your scalp and see how much you like the wonderful light of day (this happened to me as a kid when I was riding in a convertible, ultra-sunroof would be the same).

Wear a hat.

televiper
Feb 12, 2007
And anyway, a sunroof doesn't do much keep the car from feeling like a prison. A sunroof on a new Camaro still leaves it feeling claustrophobic as hell. Good greenhouse design isn't just about letting light in.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Or get a car with a roof, you know, those things designed to protect humans from whatever's going on outside.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

Fucknag posted:

Yes the darkly tinted "ultra sunroof" would be exactly the same as a vert.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Wheelie bars would give it away, but would save a lot of pairs of pants.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Is that one of the turbo hayabusa swaps? I remember seeing videos of smart cars like that years ago, but can never find them.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

:raise: is that an SVX with a Landau top?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Preoptopus posted:

I need headroom, not holes in my roof.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Plus after 10 years they tend to stop working. Mine was off the track and jammed up when I got the car but it doesn't leak and I don't want to deal with pulling out the headliner to try to mess with it.

In addition to the extra headroom, without one the car is lighter, stiffer, and has a lower center of gravity.

Binge
Feb 23, 2001

For the totally awesome: Porsche has cameras on their cars at Le Mans. Live!

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Fucknag posted:

You try getting a sunburn on your scalp and see how much you like the wonderful light of day (this happened to me as a kid when I was riding in a convertible, ultra-sunroof would be the same).

Glass is pretty much opaque to most of the UV spectrum.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Boat posted:

Glass is pretty much opaque to most of the UV spectrum.

The windshield is, but the side (and probably roof) windows let quite a bit through.

A study was actually run finding that skin cancer is more common on the left side of the body in the US.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Oh? Interesting, I thought that all silicate glass blocked UV which is why UV erasable EPROM chips have a pure quartz window over the die.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Quartz is UV transparent, plastics are UV opaque (which is why your windshield doesn't let any UV through, it's laminated).

Borosilicate glass drops off sharply in transmission at about 300nm.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

This year at Le Mans, Aston Martin has taken the awesome sound title from Corvette. Though the Corvette still sounds badass. Love the sound of the Audis too, and the rebellion racing cars as well. Pictures to follow?.. As battery life and sobriety allow. Might have to wait until Monday..
:guinness:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

88h88 posted:

:siren: TURN YOUR VOLUME RIGHT THE gently caress DOWN! :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAkrzEqHHyA

Have you ever thought about how we, as a species, are loving nuts

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

88h88 posted:

:siren: TURN YOUR VOLUME RIGHT THE gently caress DOWN! :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAkrzEqHHyA

This was on the sidebar of suggested videos and it's possibly better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKHz7wOjb9w

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

kastein posted:

erasable EPROM chips

ATM machine :p

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Fart Pipe posted:

ATM machine :p

You're wrong.

EPROM are Electronically Programmable Read Only Memory.
EEPROM are Erasable Electronically Programmable Read Only Memory.

If you're gonna take the time to do a pedant-post, you should be more precise.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

sofullofhate posted:

You're wrong.

EPROM are Electronically Programmable Read Only Memory.
EEPROM are Erasable Electronically Programmable Read Only Memory.

If you're gonna take the time to do a pedant-post, you should be more precise.

poo poo, I knew I was wrong right after I posted it. Just wanted to bust Kens chops if I could.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"

Tell me you have more pictures/a story about someone using their SVX as a dune buggy. Please.