Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
People should be giving their money to DHMIS instead of anything else on kickstarter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Excels posted:

People should be giving their money to DHMIS instead of anything else on kickstarter

I absolutely agree but I didn't even hear about this until SA. I can't believe it wasn't better publicized.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Excels posted:

Unfortunately DHMIS doesn't feature MMO dogfighting.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

steinrokkan posted:

Unfortunately DHMIS doesn't feature MMO dogfighting.

Nor does Star Citizen

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Just watch Wonder Showzen instead

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
Elite: Dangerous is a true 6DoF newtonian space shooter. Gonna buy that game.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Excels posted:

Normally I'd agree, but the Reading Rainbow kickstarter still exists and it's not hard to throw money at two projects.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

gently caress they must be feeling tense watching that craaaaaaawl back towards the goal

Remember, TomSka (of asdfmovie fame) has promised to pledge five thousand pounds when it hits 90,000. The new real goal, minus TomSka's pledge, is 91,000.

Edit: If it fails after getting so close, I wonder if they'll try again later or if they'll follow through with their promise to permanently kill off the main characters (and, knowing them, actually burn the costume and puppets and post a video of it).

BiggerJ has a new favorite as of 08:41 on Jun 15, 2014

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

BiggerJ posted:

Remember, TomSka (of asdfmovie fame) has promised to pledge five thousand pounds when it hits 90,000. The new real goal, minus TomSka's pledge, is 91,000. of it).

They're at £89,189 with slightly less than 3 days to go :f5:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1127979050/dont-hug-me-im-scared-the-series/

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
poo poo, in the past 50 minutes there were there three new backers but a loss of 72 pounds - a big pullout.

Edit: And another two backers just gave 125 between them for a total gain for the hour of 53. Fifty-three pounds, ah ah ah! :f5h::drac:

BiggerJ has a new favorite as of 12:05 on Jun 16, 2014

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

Are GoFundMes fair game?

http://www.gofundme.com/adrmuw

"I am fat, and require a gastric bypass. Fortunately I live in a country with universal healthcare and will receive one for free. But I am begging for your money anyway to buy a brand new expensive camera and poo poo to, uh, document my weightloss...or something."

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

They deed it

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Thank god. Though for such a popular series they didn't seem to have managed their KS very well, sheesh

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

kickstarter to pave every road in america with puppets and pig hearts covered in glitter.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Mortimer posted:

They deed it

Aw yis :toot:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

I listened to my heart, the rain and the voices in my brain and they all told me to go hog wild. :colbert:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
As someone unfamiliar with that series, what is the deal

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Alan Smithee posted:

As someone unfamiliar with that series, what is the deal

It's a surreal odyssey through abject horror disguised as a kid's show.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Pick posted:

Thank god. Though for such a popular series they didn't seem to have managed their KS very well, sheesh

I guess popularity doesn't always = money, especially for the amount they needed. Though I think they missed a trick with the lack of a DVD option, people still like physical media.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

moerketid posted:

Are GoFundMes fair game?

http://www.gofundme.com/adrmuw

"I am fat, and require a gastric bypass. Fortunately I live in a country with universal healthcare and will receive one for free. But I am begging for your money anyway to buy a brand new expensive camera and poo poo to, uh, document my weightloss...or something."

I'm more bothered that all he has to show for 6 months of diet and exercise is losing 20 pounds (which is a lot when you weigh 230, not so much when you weigh 350), but then again, gastric bypass...

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Come on, guys. Stop mucking about.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1407599953/destroy-my-jeep-a-game-of-fatal-consequences-for-m?ref=category
Here's a stupid protest about a bad car to kickstart.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Here's a girl who wants $7000 to publish her novel. She doesn't say why she needs $7000 but she does say that she's 'been bleeding on the keyboard since before she could form full sentences' so pledge away, I guess?

Even better, however, is this girl who wants $20,000 earth dollars to write 'a collection of fictional stories about her life'. Apparently the money will go towards a new camera and marketing costs because those are more important than the novel itself? The best part is the pledge rewards; $25 pledge? You get $10 off the eventual cost of the e-book. $50 pledge? You get $10 off the cost of the physical book
:psyduck:

And Doobie must have spread the word about us good froggers because right now there are so many hotdog kickstarters.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Fatkraken posted:

I guess popularity doesn't always = money, especially for the amount they needed. Though I think they missed a trick with the lack of a DVD option, people still like physical media.

They sort of acted like dorks for it. I think people really still want a professional face for ventures that seem like business ventures, even if it seems "at odds" with their art.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Offering discounts has always been a TOS violation. Ah well, at least it's not another how-to manual for sexual assault.

canis minor
May 4, 2011

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Offering discounts has always been a TOS violation. Ah well, at least it's not another how-to manual for sexual assault.

quote:

Receive a signed copy of Subhuman, the digital copy of Subhuman in the DRM-free format of your choosing (.mobi, .epub or .pdf). And your name in the acknowledgments. As well as forty loves and kisses.

There's a conversion of "loves and kisses" to "real money" happening there, so you never know.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnJXSWfT04M

Nazi anime babes in a convenient TCG form??

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Excels posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnJXSWfT04M

Nazi anime babes in a convenient TCG form??

How could you come up with that and not call it Babe-a-rossa?

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Have you ever wanted a sensor that tracks all sorts of useless information about your fishing trip, like how many times you cast your line or how far down your lure went before getting a bite? Well here's your Fisherman's iFriend! Why yes, it does collate that information through an iPhone or Android device and creates a profile with this information on a website to share with others.

There's also this kid who wants to start a gaming blog for £5,000. I made the guess that the person's a kid because this is the project's header image.

However, it's stated on the project page that they already have the blog up on Wordpress The money they ask for is to "fund a much needed new computer for video editing and video capturing." Well, why not take a look at an excerpt from their blog?

The Gamer's Review Blog posted:

Right this review is going to be all about Farcry 3 on XBOX 360.

Well lets start of saying that playing farcry 3 was excellent it had all you could ask for. Lets start from the beginning what an entrance to the game being trap in a cage and sneaking through the enemies camp with out getting noticed which is easy if you go on normal mode but if you go a harder mode you will find it a bit more tricky.

Now on with the game itself, I like the fact that you can go out in to the wild and do anything you want not just the quest you have been set. As well going out hunting for animals so you can get more weapon holsters & bigger wallets to carry more money with you, which is need in this game so you can buy better weapon’s and ammo. Let me tell you ammo is important if you run out your more likely to die, I do like the fact how they put the flashbacks in the game showing you how you got on the island itself, plus the way they make you do the flashbacks is by going in to a cave and eating a berry the trips the heck out of you. That is an awesome way to do it.

Far Cry 3: You're more likely to die if you run out of ammo. Then there's the Risks and Challenges.

The Gamer's Review Blog Risks and Challenges posted:

The risks are simple.
If no one looks at our blog we don´t become recognised and it fails.

To combat this we aim to set up a street team to go round the local towns in our area handing out leaflets about us, putting stickers everywhere so people want to know what it is and google us!

:allears: Leaflets and stickers.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
That fishing sensor thing? There's probably a market for that. Fishermen are spergy as all gently caress.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

FrozenVent posted:

That fishing sensor thing? There's probably a market for that. Fishermen are spergy as all gently caress.

I thought fishing was just an excuse so you don't have to admit you just sat around all day drinking beer and maybe napping occasionally.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

You still go fishing with Jack Twist? I used to wonder how come you never brought any trouts home. Even though you said you caught plenty, and you know how me and the girls like fish. So one night, I got your crill case open the night before you went on one your little trips. Price tag still on it after five years. And I tied a note on the end of the line. It said “Hello Ennis, bring some fish home. Love, Elma." And then you come back, looking all perky, saying you caught a bunch of browners and you ate them up. Do you remember? I look in that case first chance I got and there was the note still tied there. That line hadn't touched water in its life.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Morglon posted:

I thought fishing was just an excuse so you don't have to admit you just sat around all day drinking beer and maybe napping occasionally.

Fishermen sperg on the same level as gun nuts and Warhammer 40k players. Their collect lures like Magic players collect decks.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

Morglon posted:

For most people, yes. For the guys who retired from their government jobs and immediately turned fishing into a grinding, daily job, the spergiest poo poo sells. You probably haven't seen a fishing log before: Rite in the rain notebooks of strikes, catches, and washes. Each entry has a date/time/bait/gear/weather/tide/location. And make sure to specify if you were on the left side of the beach, by the pylons, and casting against a 15 MPH wind. There was a seal. There were gulls. 11 other fishermen over 3 hours, 4 catches total. Wearing orange hat today. Switched to shrimp smelly jelly from 5-5:15 am. Disruptive ship wakes.

Yeah, some guys treat fishing like they're uncovering the hidden mysteries of the universe. The problem with that kickstarter in particular is that gear like that already exists and the spergiest guys don't have iphones. There's been some sort of new "smart rod" gizmo showing up every 6 months since the 1980s.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
I'm learning new things about people all the time. I'll add "fishermen who are goddamn serious about fishing" to the list. :psyduck:

edit: Fisherman's log. The last time I went fishing was with my dad at a river about three meters deep at its deepest point and flowed at about three meters a second (the measurement tool was a passing leaf). We used empty beer cans, Budweiser, filled with sand and rocks with fishing line tied to the tab. On the other end of the line was a small weight of about 2-3 grams, a standard three-prong fishing hook, and worms we dug up from the dirt and mud nearby. We held the cans in place with bigger rocks and chilled out by the river. We caught a coolerful of catfish. :coolfish:

tlarn has a new favorite as of 03:03 on Jun 18, 2014

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

The MSJ posted:

Fishermen sperg on the same level as gun nuts and Warhammer 40k players. Their collect lures like Magic players collect decks.

The best part about it is that basic lures that've been around for decades still work better than all kinds of high prices, flavored, whatever garbage being sold now. I'm pretty sure my dad has lures he's owned since the 80s (I know he has lures older than me) that work just fine. Yet you get people who just have to spend :20bux: on real-textured, flavored, etc lures that are made to slowly fall apart when wet so enjoy buying new ones every month if you fish regularly.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Who needs all that when you get the best yield from a stick of dynamite though?

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

tlarn posted:

Fisherman's iFriend

I hope they get a c&d from whoever owns Fisherman's Friends

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

unpacked robinhood posted:

I hope they get a c&d from whoever owns Fisherman's Friends

Apple too: they get very touchy about anyone who isn't them using the iPrefix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corillon
Jun 18, 2004

When you giggle you leak piss.
Grimey Drawer
This one is for the ladies :https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/teddy-love

I didn't see this posted in the last couple of pages. Your Teddy Bear is all grown up and ready to sex you up.