Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Yep. One of my friends briefly owned Copperhead after it was done on the show.

I am beyond insanely jealous.
If you don't know what it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_KYzwTYXIA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq68pf-EGC8

e: new page content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Yep. One of my friends briefly owned Copperhead after it was done on the show.

e: apparently the database servers are still making GBS threads themselves

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

This truck is sweet, but that video was terrible--showing the same 4 clips over and over is bullshit.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

SuperDucky posted:

I am beyond insanely jealous.

Copperhead may be the single greatest thing to come out of that TV channel.

And yet, the funny thing is that compared to what people are doing now with dropmembers and coilovers/airbags, it practically looks like a 4x4.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

IOwnCalculus posted:

Copperhead may be the single greatest thing to come out of that TV channel.

And yet, the funny thing is that compared to what people are doing now with dropmembers and coilovers/airbags, it practically looks like a 4x4.

You're right. In that Copperhead just looks right. No BS, just a big ole Chevy motor and enough stance to not be ridiculous.

Another badass Stacy David creation, and one of the first that got me hooked on Trucks back in the day, 55 Willys.

BraveUlysses posted:

This truck is sweet, but that video was terrible--showing the same 4 clips over and over is bullshit.

The quality really went down when those other guys took over.

SuperDucky fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jun 19, 2014

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
For what it's worth, I think my friend drove the truck about 4 times and ended up selling it again on eBay. He said it was "too nice to drive" and he ended up buying a GTR instead.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Spotted at the local liquor store a couple weeks ago. Only the second GTR I've seen in the wild.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Doesn't seem like a terribly handicap friendly vehicle.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Motronic posted:

Doesn't seem like a terribly handicap friendly vehicle.

Have you ever met a GTR owner?

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Could be a temporary thing. A lady I work with blew out her ACL skiing and has a temporary handicap placard. She parks her 911 Carrera GTS in the spot right out front.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

MrYenko posted:

:newlol:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

MrYenko posted:

holy poo poo :iceburn:

pctD
Aug 25, 2009

Pillbug
Taken in California

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

The GTR has such ridiculously oversized tailpipes. Don't get me wrong, I think they look great, but also a little preposterous.

Kachunkachunk
Jun 6, 2011
A GTR parks in front-ish of me in my place's underground parking area. Owner seems like a swaggy young douchebag. Nothing surprising!

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

pctD posted:

Taken in California

Hot drat, I love how that looks without the stock spoiler. That carbon trunk and molded in ducktail look good.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
One day I will own a set of HRE wheels. They are so, so good.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Chinatown posted:

One day I will own a set of BBS wheels. They are so, so good.

Fixed for my situation, although I like the look of HREs, they don't sell them in 18"s and that's kind of a nonstarter.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Das Volk posted:

Fixed for my situation, although I like the look of HREs, they don't sell them in 18"s and that's kind of a nonstarter.

They are based like 3 miles from me and I really need to go to one of their "open houses". (tons of ridiculous cars)

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

T1g4h posted:

Hot drat, I love how that looks without the stock spoiler. That carbon trunk and molded in ducktail look good.

That really does clean up that car more than you'd think it would.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I saw a Mercedes M120 V12 (the 400bhp one from the 600, which is also the engine Zonda uses) on Ebay the other day, it only went for £400.

The BMW V12s seem like they lack aftermarket tuning options. Apparently the heads don't flow worth a drat, and are very hard to improve.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Oh, look, a BMW V12 crammed into some car... wait a second, that's an MR2! :stare:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

So...a box around the front of the engine? What about a trans? Audi FWD box?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Slavvy posted:

So...a box around the front of the engine? What about a trans? Audi FWD box?
That looks like the rear of the motor, from the looks of things they have swapped the inlet manifolds around so the throttle bodies point to the rear of the motor.

KillaZilla
Jan 30, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVBGFnPUe-4

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Saw the thumbnail, immediately thought "That has to be TaxTheRich".

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

I spent yesterday at the Nürburgring drinking beer, eating bratwurst and looking at cars. I'll do a photodump later, these two shots have very little to do with the track and race I was there for.

AI related here's the hostel I stayed at - http://basecamp-bonn.com/

Spot the BMW M4's...that color seems popular

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Jun 22, 2014

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
piss Phoenix Yellow is the most M color. Every so often I will see an e46 M3 in that color but they are rare as hell.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Ah yes, "Metallic Snot".

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

It's the colour of baby poo.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Took a walk in the countryside today and though "It would be nice to have a small camper out here"

Then spotted this which proved my point

e: whoops tables

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

freelop posted:

Took a walk in the countryside today and though "It would be nice to have a small camper out here"

Then spotted this which proved my point

e: whoops tables

Was it being driven by a fat Mexican dude?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Westies/Type 2s own.

Especially Vanagons.

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!

Jehde posted:

Westies/Type 2s own.

Especially Vanagons.

A friend of mine has an Vanagon with a EJ22 from a liberty shoehorned under it. It's not a powerful engine by any means but it nearly double oompf of the original. It is the scariest thing in the world.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

tobu posted:

A friend of mine has an Vanagon with a EJ22 from a liberty shoehorned under it. It's not a powerful engine by any means but it nearly double oompf of the original. It is the scariest thing in the world.

And if you ever wondered what even MORE power in a van looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7hfSiYQQF4

I am curious in how much work is actually involved in stuffing a Subaru engine into a Vanagon and then figuring out the drive train.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Parked next to this.

Owner has it shipped up to Boston for the summer. That's his GT3RS track car next to it. I believe the race ready Noble in the garage was also his.

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

Edward IV posted:

And if you ever wondered what even MORE power in a van looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7hfSiYQQF4

I am curious in how much work is actually involved in stuffing a Subaru engine into a Vanagon and then figuring out the drive train.

ahem

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

Edward IV posted:

It's a pretty common thing and I think you can just buy an adapter plate. It keeps the VW trans/drivetrain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

jamal posted:

It's a pretty common thing and I think you can just buy an adapter plate. It keeps the VW trans/drivetrain.

You can run a Subaru transmission too but I think you have to do some internal conversions (to knock out the transfer case/centre diff, as well as reverse the gears).

There's a guy here who added an EJ25 turbo to his Vanagon Syncro. He had to do surprisingly little fab until it came to the exhaust. He used an aftermarket bellhousing and input shaft splined for a Subaru clutch instead of an adapter plate, and mated the whole mess to a massively overbuilt VW trans.

http://www.westernsubaruclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=33134.0

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jun 26, 2014