Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Dewgy posted:

You get the attachment for your LKW that lets it self-recharge.
Very, very slowly. If you like using the LKW with the scope to powerblast stuff at once, its not that helpful. It basically means that using it as a torchcutter effectively drains no power, so you don't have to top off before a fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Ravenfood posted:

Very, very slowly. If you like using the LKW with the scope to powerblast stuff at once, its not that helpful.

It is pretty useful, since you can fire it on supermode once every fight without needing to worry about saving it.

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."
It basically means that instead of a tiny amount of the power bar slowly recharging, the entire power bar slowly recharges. This means that after a couple of minutes of fighting with ordinary guns your LFK will be refilled (or mostly refilled) without you using a charger on the wall.

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

Could somebdoy fill me in what happens when you correctly order the objects in that underwater secret Jew cave where you first find the Da'at Yichud Power Armor? I clicked the armor and it made me leave the level before I completed the puzzle thing. What happens?

I did the exact same thing. I assumed I was going to need to activate all the things around the walls to progress and that giving Wyatt the orb he needed for the machine he was messing with was going to be some extra bonus thing... but it was actually the other way around.

Had to replay the chapter, and it turns out that rather than being its own chapter it is part of the u-boat chapter. Grrr!

Prenton
Feb 17, 2011

Ner nerr-nerrr ner
Local MP in half-arsed attempt to drum up controversy, get name in paper

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
The game just got an update on Steam, does anyone know what it changed?

Also, i've noticed that i'm getting slowdown whenever there's a NPC ingame cutscene like the choosing who survives/germans in the dining cart in the train or when i look directly at the ladies sitting at the table in the resistance hangout.

If i turn the settings down to low, these sections run without slowdown, but the thing is, i can run the general running around shooting stuff sections with all the settings on max without any slowdown. It's only when a character with some kind of predetermined animation/dialoge appear that the game slows while the audio goes out of synch.

Has anyone else encountered this and if so is there a fix other than having to switch to low quality and back again?

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Loanarn posted:

I was expecting a rail shooter portion when you get the helicopters and was disappointed when it didn't happen.

On the Gibraltar level, I expected to use the minigun some more. Sadly, I never got to try that. I was surprised when, if you sit for too long, a Panzerhund will just come out and wreck your poo poo.

It could have been neat, if the ending level of the game had mirrored the beginning. But instead of the troop transporter, you would be sitting in the helicopter.

But I guess that's for the next game, right?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Kin posted:

Also, i've noticed that i'm getting slowdown whenever there's a NPC ingame cutscene like the choosing who survives/germans in the dining cart in the train or when i look directly at the ladies sitting at the table in the resistance hangout.

If i turn the settings down to low, these sections run without slowdown, but the thing is, i can run the general running around shooting stuff sections with all the settings on max without any slowdown. It's only when a character with some kind of predetermined animation/dialoge appear that the game slows while the audio goes out of synch.

Has anyone else encountered this and if so is there a fix other than having to switch to low quality and back again?

Yeah, I have the same problem. No idea about any fixes sadly.

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

Kin posted:

The game just got an update on Steam, does anyone know what it changed?

http://wolfforums.bethsoft.com/topic/733-pc-v-1002/

Patch release notes
- Added driver version detection for supported AMD and NVIDIA GPUs
- Added independent VO volume control
- Added audio device selection in Audio Options menu
- Bug fix to prevent anisotropic filtering being disabled every time the player dies
- Enabling multisampling antialiasing through the in-game console will no longer break skin shaders and reflections
- Fix for invalid screen resolutions being set after driver updates or swapping monitors
- “Ultra” settings updated to use lower values for VT Cache and Shadow Buffer size (original values can still be accessed through ‘Custom’ settings)

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Just finished the game for the first time, enjoyed it very much. Played Hard mode. Not sure why he had to die, though... seemed like of pointless. Perhaps the DLC/sequel will be the lady with the super suit killing Hitler?

Collected many of the Engima codes, but not all. What do they do? I can't make any sense of them.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

your evil twin posted:

I did the exact same thing. I assumed I was going to need to activate all the things around the walls to progress and that giving Wyatt the orb he needed for the machine he was messing with was going to be some extra bonus thing... but it was actually the other way around.

I don't know if it's different on other platforms, but on the PS3 it says "Exit level" when you're looking at the guy.

Squashy Nipples posted:

Collected many of the Engima codes, but not all. What do they do? I can't make any sense of them.

You solve them in the Extras menu. They unlock new game modes, but nothing really special.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

...! posted:

I don't know if it's different on other platforms, but on the PS3 it says "Exit level" when you're looking at the guy.

I think it's just a standard "interact with" thing on PC.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

It's 50% off right now as a Daily deal if people were putting off buying it right now. If they did it by accident, you might as well get it while you still can.

As much as I enjoyed playing the game..I wish I had waited a month now.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

I'm grabbing that deal as soon as I free up some hard drive space. Playing on PS3 was pretty fun but I'm looking forward to doing it now with proper texture loading. :v:

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...
Man this game was a blast, I've not had as much fun with a shooter in a long time.

The soundtrack was really loving good too, especially the music playing throughout the final chapter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcrn8Gng9NY

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

charismaslover posted:

Man this game was a blast, I've not had as much fun with a shooter in a long time.

The soundtrack was really loving good too, especially the music playing throughout the final chapter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcrn8Gng9NY

Thank you. Back when the game first came out others and myself couldn't find this track anywhere. They could replace every track in the game with this and it would be just as good. Just pumps me right up.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
The soundtrack was probably the thing that surprised me most about this game when I wouldn't have guessed before launch, it's so goddamn good.

I seriously think we'll look back on this as one of the best releases this year when it's over.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
So I'm thinking about getting this, but my only concern is I've got an AMD card (Specifically a Radeon HD 6870). I don't want to get it and not be able to kill Nazis :(

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Dapper Dan posted:

So I'm thinking about getting this, but my only concern is I've got an AMD card (Specifically a Radeon HD 6870). I don't want to get it and not be able to kill Nazis :(

I've got a HD 7950 and it runs perfectly.

I'm not checking the specs to make sure a 6870 is able to run it, but AMD wouldn't be the issue.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Dapper Dan posted:

It'll work fine, mine is even older as a 5770 or something around there and I have no problems with it.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Rookersh posted:

I've got a HD 7950 and it runs perfectly.

I'm not checking the specs to make sure a 6870 is able to run it, but AMD wouldn't be the issue.

Yeah, I know it is a bit old. Ah, cool. Just wondering since I've heard of AMD troubles.

Vadoc posted:

It'll work fine, mine is even older as a 5770 or something around there and I have no problems with it.

That's great, picking it up for some Nazi killing action. And thanks guys for the help!

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
AMD issues seemed to disappear once the latest drivers were applied. I put the newest beta ones on and all my FPS issues with the game poofed, and people on the steam forum seemed to have similar. That's purely anecdotal though!

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
A little while ago, I finished my playthrough of Wolfenstein 3D, on "I am Death Incarnate" difficulty, pistol-only (including the bosses), getting 100% of kills, treasure, and secrets (except for E2M8). The pistol has very limited firepower, so it was very difficult in places (read: all of Episode 2).

I only broke the rule twice: Once on E4M10, which is essentially one room with about 75 Officers (and the only health is a 1UP in the elevator), and you don't have the health to kill that many with a pistol at once. The second time was on E5M2, which has about a dozen SS behind barrels. It might have been possible to do it, but it would have been tediously annoying.

I'm now on level 21 of Spear of Destiny, using the same rules. Maps 15-19 were very difficult with the pistol, and I gave up and used the chaingun on level 18, because it's basically two huge rooms and the instant you leave the elevator area, the boss sees you, I needed the chaingun to clear a bit of breathing space.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Dapper Dan posted:

I just got this yesterday when it was 33% off (stupid me for breaking the golden rule of "wait for dailies" :bang:) and I'm running a Radeon HD 6850 and I've not noticed any slowdown besides at the beginning splash screens.

No joke, I get stuttering on the splash screens, but the game runs like a charm on high settings.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I would pay 20 bucks for a full adaptation of Wolfenstein 3D that played like the one level in this game.

Donovan Trip fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jun 29, 2014

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

This was absolutely the best FPS I've played in years. Great fun and a surprisingly good story and storytelling. I can't wait for more.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Werix posted:

I just got this yesterday when it was 33% off (stupid me for breaking the golden rule of "wait for dailies" :bang:) and I'm running a Radeon HD 6850 and I've not noticed any slowdown besides at the beginning splash screens.

No joke, I get stuttering on the splash screens, but the game runs like a charm on high settings.

That's honestly great to hear, I was kind of afraid it wouldn't run well on this card. Now, to clean off 40 gigs of space and I'm seriously glad I don't have a cap on my internet.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Broose posted:

Thank you. Back when the game first came out others and myself couldn't find this track anywhere. They could replace every track in the game with this and it would be just as good. Just pumps me right up.

Speaking of the soundtrack and fantastic storytelling:

So when you first get the weapon the guy's like eh, call it a spinny torque, you're like what the gently caress man I did all this poo poo and you give me a little metal ball.

Then, the first use BJ's like "what the gently caress did I just do?"

And then they finish building up to the opener of the last level (all the killing and sacrifice in the hide-out, Max Hass, etc.) you watch Fergus/Wyatt load up the 2nd spinny torque into the big gun to take out the front of the castle you weren't able to beat 14 years ago and then you jump in, Deathhead starts talking over the loudspeakers and afterwards this music kicks in. What a goddamn satisfying lead-in.

Anyway yeah these guys know their poo poo. I hope to god they get Doom.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

charismaslover posted:

:swoon: Thanks so much for this, its better then the looping clip for sure.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

api call girl posted:

Speaking of the soundtrack and fantastic storytelling:

So when you first get the weapon the guy's like eh, call it a spinny torque, you're like what the gently caress man I did all this poo poo and you give me a little metal ball.

Then, the first use BJ's like "what the gently caress did I just do?"

And then they finish building up to the opener of the last level (all the killing and sacrifice in the hide-out, Max Hass, etc.) you watch Fergus/Wyatt load up the 2nd spinny torque into the big gun to take out the front of the castle you weren't able to beat 14 years ago and then you jump in, Deathhead starts talking over the loudspeakers and afterwards this music kicks in. What a goddamn satisfying lead-in.

Anyway yeah these guys know their poo poo. I hope to god they get Doom.

picking wyatt to get his brain sucked out and put into a robot 14 years later, never sees the end mission. BJ crushes the brain jar

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
oh man, I can't even imagine what this team would do with DOOM but I would love to see it

Prenton
Feb 17, 2011

Ner nerr-nerrr ner
Speaking of bits of music that aren't on the soundtrack, there's a synth-y bit when you're skulking around in vents on the moon that reminds me of the ending to UFO of all things.

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

Hahaha yes I myself I noticed them taking inspiration from 60s sci-fi stuff for the Moon section. 2001 A Space Odyssey, UFO, Space 1999.

I was disapointed that the moon section consisted entirely of soldiers. Given the instructions you see for dating on the moon back in the London Nautica, I was hoping to see an actual moon colony with civilians or scientists.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I was really expecting some kind of nod to the doom universe on the moon missions. Like maybe talks about teleportation being a possibility, or bases planned on mars or its moons. Though I think there was mention of mars missions, but I can't really remember anymore.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Broose posted:

Though I think there was mention of mars missions, but I can't really remember anymore.

That was Venus.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
There was a patch issued to the game, which addresses the following issues.

quote:

Patch release notes
- Added driver version detection for supported AMD and NVIDIA GPUs
- Added independent VO volume control
- Added audio device selection in Audio Options menu
- Bug fix to prevent anisotropic filtering being disabled every time the player dies
- Enabling multisampling antialiasing through the in-game console will no longer break skin shaders and reflections
- Fix for invalid screen resolutions being set after driver updates or swapping monitors
- “Ultra” settings updated to use lower values for VT Cache and Shadow Buffer size (original values can still be accessed through ‘Custom’ settings)

BTW, don't go to the Bethesda Wolfenstein forums if you value your sanity.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

What ungodly non-euclidian logic are they posting there?

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

your evil twin posted:

Hahaha yes I myself I noticed them taking inspiration from 60s sci-fi stuff for the Moon section. 2001 A Space Odyssey, UFO, Space 1999.

I was disapointed that the moon section consisted entirely of soldiers. Given the instructions you see for dating on the moon back in the London Nautica, I was hoping to see an actual moon colony with civilians or scientists.
With the moon level, I found it a little odd that most of the level was spent fighting in normal gravity, and the only instance of low-gravity combat was with a handful of drones outside. If I had to guess, I'd assume there were plans for a more elaborate level, but they couldn't make the AI work in low gravity. Well, that, or they discovered that flailing around like an idiot shooting in random directions isn't actually much fun.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I swear Machine Games deserve some awards for this game. At the very least get paid for their next game or two. Can't wait for that Doom beta.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
If you get the Wolf art book, there's plenty of material from the Moon that appeared to be cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

czg
Dec 17, 2005
hi
Originally you were supposed to ride a moon rover between a few different moon bases and collect stuff, but getting vehicle physics working in low-G was Seriously Not Worth The Effort, so the whole level was collapsed into "one" area.

• Locked thread