Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

bean_shadow posted:

Why is Michael Jackson there? I also like how Marilyn Monroe is in the same group as John and Bobby Kennedy.

Don't you know? Any and every high-profile celebrity death was obviously perpetrated by the Illuminati.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Excels posted:

What a waste of a quarter.

That's actually a task that you do when you're learning basic jewelry making and small scale metalworking. When I learned it it was with pennies but even so, you have no idea how hard cutting a coin that way is until you actually sit down and do it.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Ninjasaurus posted:

Don't you know? Any and every high-profile celebrity death was obviously perpetrated by the Illuminati.

It always confuses me when people get angry at the illuminati. From wikipedia:

quote:

Historically, the name refers to the Bavarian Illuminati, an Enlightenment-era secret society founded on May 1, 1776. The society's goals were to oppose superstition, prejudice, religious influence over public life and abuses of state power, and to support women's education and gender equality.

Where can I sign up? Because if there's anyone controlling the world, these guys seem to be one of the least worst options.

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this

Just because I was born a girl and identify as a girl doesn't mean I'm not trans! I am so oppressed!

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
Typical heteronormative privilege :rolleyes:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
So what is that, transtrans? Can I be transtranstrans?

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
Who is so hard up for attention/stress/something to do that they just make poo poo up to force themselves into a category so they can "be oppressed"? I thought being oppressed was supposed to suck :confused:

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde

CeramicPig posted:

I thought being oppressed was supposed to suck :confused:

The objective is to force sympathy out of friends, acquaintances, and readers of the Tumblr blog it gets posted on, thus focusing all of the attention on themselves. It's a pretty lovely thing to do when you come to think of it.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Xhe does have a point though. The institution of cisgender has gone way downhill since we elected the cispope.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Excels posted:

Just saw this wonderful post on how to become depressed:

Alternatively if you are actively searching for ways to be insufferable and mentally ill, you should probably just kill yourself.

I don't quite get the music part. For me, music can be emotional but no music actually makes me feel sad. I either enjoy it, am indifferent or dislike it.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Lobsterpillar posted:

I don't quite get the music part. For me, music can be emotional but no music actually makes me feel sad. I either enjoy it, am indifferent or dislike it.

I think it's more common than not to have a few songs that can make you feel sad, usually drawing from some association with the song. Sad or melancholy music can often be therapeutic for people with depression, though.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

They didn't repost fast enough and lost their apostrophe and "E"

My mom hasn't shared that one, but she shares those kinds of posts every now and then. Oh, and also sends me stupid chain emails. I guess she thinks it's fun?

Tony Phillips posted:

But they gained an extra 'o' in lose. Fair trade.

They only got an 'o' in trade. Probably got it back for eventually sharing it, but the gods of chain mails weren't pleased enough to give them another punctuation mark to replace the lost apostrophe.

Bored has a new favorite as of 00:01 on Jun 29, 2014

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Bored posted:

They didn't repost fast enough and lost their apostrophe and "E"

But they gained an extra 'o' in lose. Fair trade.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

bean_shadow posted:

Why is Michael Jackson there? I also like how Marilyn Monroe is in the same group as John and Bobby Kennedy.

Is that Aaliyah on the one left of top right?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Krotera posted:

GLUTEN (found on IRC -- direct link only, no attached post)
Does anyone have this in desktop size?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Deltasquid posted:

It always confuses me when people get angry at the illuminati. From wikipedia:

quote:

Historically, the name refers to the Bavarian Illuminati, an Enlightenment-era secret society founded on May 1, 1776. The society's goals were to oppose superstition, prejudice, religious influence over public life and abuses of state power, and to support women's education and gender equality.
Where can I sign up? Because if there's anyone controlling the world, these guys seem to be one of the least worst options.

That's pretty much the reason the illuminati is such a boogyman to conspiracy theorists (especially on the right). Given time, I could easily make their goals into academic elitism, anti-(cultural identity), abolishment of religious belief, denial of national sovereignty, and destruction of the natural family structure.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

MizPiz posted:

That's pretty much the reason the illuminati is such a boogyman to conspiracy theorists (especially on the right). Given time, I could easily make their goals into academic elitism, anti-(cultural identity), abolishment of religious belief, denial of national sovereignty, and destruction of the natural family structure.

Still sounding better than the people actually attempting to run the world (meaning governments and financial institutions).

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Not censored cause the woman is public-ish, and she tweeted the pic out without censoring.

into the void
Feb 13, 2011

Orgophlax posted:

Not censored cause the woman is public-ish, and she tweeted the pic out without censoring.

I don't understand what happened here. She changed her settings to be more private and some guy flipped out about it with zero provocation and called her a oval office? Did I get that right? Jesus loving christ.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

:ssh: Check who's retweeting

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

bean_shadow posted:

Che and Gandhi: exactly alike .

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

Vriess posted:

Is that Aaliyah on the one left of top right?

"You can't tell nobody
I'm talking bout nobody"

:tinfoil:

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
Flickr has always been a big supporter of Pride day/week/month. This weekend they've decided to test out a new feature - anyone who uses the tag "Pride" on a photo will be auto-added to their official Pride group, along with the photo (they have employees to go through and make sure the photos are relevant, since there is the occasional chance that a photo might not be LGBT related). A Flickr message and e-mail are sent, and anyone added can of course take a second to remove themselves. I personally think it's a really cool idea, given the number of people celebrating it and wanting to share their photos.

Of course, there's always a few who have to get pissed about things.

Of the 564 members and 4700 photos that have been added since the group's creation on the 20th, 3 have complained, with one of those making a quick comment and then vanishing. Pretty sure a success rate of 99.468% is pretty good.

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

I'll have one sugar coma drink, please.

Krotera posted:

GLUTEN (found on IRC -- direct link only, no attached post)

I'm going to assume this was made as a joke because this is hilarious

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

Orgophlax posted:

Robert Blackwell's last comment made me laugh out loud, due to how completely out of nowhere and over the top his ragequit was. *Insert Ron Burgundy "That escalated quickly" meme here*

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Excels posted:

Chem Trails aren't the only thing brainwashing your children...

Gluten: What The Government Doesn't Want You To Know!

Posted today on one of my Facebook friends' comments:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Hey I think that's a joke.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

nucleicmaxid posted:

Hey I think that's a joke.

I'll bet some of my cousins will fall for it. What passes for 'history' in California schools is about at that level.

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012

She's posted poo poo like this before.
I'm pretty sure if eating more tuna/chicken/turkey (quick googling says they're high in Niacin) cured depression people would have figured it out by now. I'm pretty sure suicide rates would drop after holidays and someone would notice that.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
When my depression was at its worst before I was diagnosed and treated(with, shock and horror, anti-depressants!), I would often go a day or longer without eating because I couldn't stir up the energy/will to even make a sandwich or something. Sometimes I even went entire weekends without eating. Needless to say "Eat more X" would not have been a helpful solution.

EDIT: Also, I loving love chicken and turkey, so double bullshit on their "cure".

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

I think if something as ubiquitous as freaking chicken cured depression then we'd have noticed that only vegetarians are ever depressed.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I dunno my diet consists mainly of piles of chicken. I do feel pretty awesome most of the time.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
Can confirm, I love turkey burgers, am pretty happy.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Is it possible to be trans-cis? Can I be trans-cis? Or perhaps cis-trans? Seriously, I wanna be special.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
I'm a trans hetro white guy but dont assume im white or a guy

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

So I CAN assume you're hetero?

Bigot dickhead.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Picnic Princess posted:

Is it possible to be trans-cis? Can I be trans-cis? Or perhaps cis-trans? Seriously, I wanna be special.

You can be trans-CIS if you claim to really be Russian, so there's that.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Picnic Princess posted:

So I CAN assume you're hetero?

Bigot dickhead.

Haha fell right into my trap I'm actually bilingualhetronormanot and now I imagine you are finding yourself quite the bigot kind sir or madam or non humanidentifying being

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

^^^ Awwwww piss.

Byzantine posted:

You can be trans-CIS if you claim to really be Russian, so there's that.

Well I'm half Polish, is that close enough? It's like those white dudes who are 3/86th Cherokee. Totally in tune with their fellow Native Americans (redskins forever!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

CeramicPig posted:

She's posted poo poo like this before.
I'm pretty sure if eating more tuna/chicken/turkey (quick googling says they're high in Niacin) cured depression people would have figured it out by now. I'm pretty sure suicide rates would drop after holidays and someone would notice that.

Uh. Big pharma is surpressing everything about the easy natural cures. Duh!

• Locked thread