Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i will kill all landlords

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Avshalom posted:

i will kill all landlords

good

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

HEY GAL posted:

niece status: potato shaped, somnolent, and really happy. my mom said she even smiles in her sleep

potato niece crew :hf:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i've decided that after i've applied for 50 apartments, that's the point where i can reasonably give up, just get a unit under false pretenses and smuggle vanya in there

that sounds like a lot but i've applied for 23 since saturday and been rejected by each and every one

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

grace is 10 months old and juuust about to start walking, she's in the stage where they can stand on their own and stumble forward a few steps before needing to grab onto something

last time my sister visited some black metal came up on the random playlist and she started dancing side to side in perfect time with the music, holding onto the edge of the coffee table

her grandfather is a rock drummer, he's gonna be so pleased

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Avshalom posted:

i've decided that after i've applied for 50 apartments, that's the point where i can reasonably give up, just get a unit under false pretenses and smuggle vanya in there

that sounds like a lot but i've applied for 23 since saturday and been rejected by each and every one

Tell them Vanya is your baby. It's probably illegal to discriminate against babies. Of course you'll have to wrap him in swaddling whenever you carry him through the halls.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Avshalom posted:

they're all fuckers who don't deserve you and your lovely dog

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Torka posted:

grace is 10 months old and juuust about to start walking, she's in the stage where they can stand on their own and stumble forward a few steps before needing to grab onto something

last time my sister visited some black metal came up on the random playlist and she started dancing side to side in perfect time with the music, holding onto the edge of the coffee table

awwwww

my niece is still too little to do anything more than sit there like a lump, but she's a happy lump so good for her

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

aw that's still cool :3:

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Torka posted:

kids freaking love dancing

mine will dance to anything

our washing machine makes an odd noise, works fine, it's just kind of loud. thunka THUNKA thunka THUNKA thunka THUNKA. My kid dances to it :3:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
kelita! :kimchi:

you know, when i picture the name belonging to a happy fat tater tot, it's not so bad

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Avshalom posted:

kelita! :kimchi:

you know, when i picture the name belonging to a happy fat tater tot, it's not so bad

she's a plump lump

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

HEY GAL posted:

awwwww

my niece is still too little to do anything more than sit there like a lump, but she's a happy lump so good for her

same, but it's technically the bf's niece. lil confused lumpy thing, really happy for the parents that she's so quiet.

his other brother keeps threatening to dump his 6 y/o with us 'for practice'. which is slightly worrying but I wouldn't mind hanging out with the kid for a night watching adventure time and maybe play dress-up, I guess.

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
he's really into barbie, mermaids, tween girl pop-groups, hair-dressing, and pretending to walk down a catwalk. I feel it's my duty to ensure he grows up as fabulous as possible.

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
blaaaanket

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
i want a nephew/niece so i can be the insane older figure

im too bad to be a real parent so i just get clucky around children

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

willus posted:

i want a nephew/niece so i can be the insane older figure

im too bad to be a real parent so i just get clucky around children

being an aunt/uncle is the fuckin best, you get all the fun parts of having a kid then when they're misbehaving or it's time for a diaper change you hand them back to their parents

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Torka posted:

being an aunt/uncle is the fuckin best, you get all the fun parts of having a kid then when they're misbehaving or it's time for a diaper change you hand them back to their parents

im the eldest of three so im probably going to be waiting a while until i can challenge a child to a bug eating competition and not worry about the fallout :(

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

I have little cousins (13, 10, 7) and me and my sister spent years messing with them. The oldest one jumped off a wall into a bush when he was like 8 and scratched the poo poo out of himself because me and my sister told him we'd discovered another way into Narnia. When he was about 5 we told him he was dead and we were talking to his ghost.

Actually it was really just the oldest one we hosed with. Now the youngest girl spends Sundays messing with me. She makes fun of me for not being able to dance or play patty cake and she punches really loving hard :(

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
My oldest niece is 17 and she has this boyfriend she's had for at least three years. they do everything together always, I have no idea how they're not sick of each other. he's a good kid for her first long-term babby relationship, tho. yes 17 is a babby

my younger niece will be 13 in august and has decided the Ultimate Key to Being an Adult is wearing heels everywhere. all she has are her mom's hand-me-downs, her mom is definitely a person who came of age in the early 90's and was a young adult in the 90's, so younger niece has a lot of clunky wedges she clomps around in

I get to see them soon :3: going out there for a trip on the 6th, moving out there in IDK August or Sept

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

oh no Sabel what did you do
that was totally not worth a 1 week probie, especially in the middle of very GBSy GBS WW2 thread

oval office raja posted:

medication hasn't helped me at all, other than illicit substances that helped in that I was too busy nodding in and out face-first into lasagna to grab at my eyebrows. are you eyebrowless too, i've met one other person who has just said "gently caress it" and plucked away, and she was fun but unstable
nah, eyelashes
suuuuuuucks
at least I got really good at eyeliner?

viscous wolves posted:

also crosspost from the nail thread, here's my nails right now:

they're barbie as gently caress
prettyyyyyy
I need to learn how to gradient
giving my nails a rest for a few weeks, my index fingers in particular have gone all peely and gross

VanSandman posted:

getting kinda tired of these puppies
you know what you need to do
take more pics for ladythread, then your puppylove will be refreshed

viscous wolves posted:

that one's so boring though

someone else can post it, I'm gonna keep posting anime lesbian dildos
every so often I feel like posting the fat fetish webcomic that was the number 1 DruckDuck comic while I was on there and also made by one of the admins, but I can't remember what it was called

I like everyone's animal pics

Avshalom posted:

i missed bad webcomics chat but if someone wants to post rsb in the bad webcomics thread i'll be their friend forevermore, no such thing as bad publicity etc
post it yourself, see if anyone notices

boom boom boom posted:

WHat percentage of ladythread posters has or is planning a webcomic?
p much 100%

Avshalom posted:

considering that they used to go "OH WOW YOU WORK SO MUCH YOU'RE SO EFFICIENT" and i'm churning through way more stuff now than i was then, i must be approximately 4x as productive as a normal person now and it's still not good enough
oh honey :sympathy: you're a drat good worker
since there's only 10 days left, count down every drat day on a calendar so you know you can get through it
you can do it babe I believe in you

oval office raja posted:

I knew what I had to do and did it without feeling bad at the time, but I went to bed and woke up at 1 AM (normal) and cried a little bit over a baby bunny (not normal). I guess it's a delayed reaction of some sort.
nah that's p normal
you did a good thing for the poor little bun

Avshalom posted:

landlords are terrible
secret pet is how pretty much everyone in our generation gets to have animal companionship

also I'm glad everyone's small relatives are cute and happy

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Willus! Say hello to yer aunt looneybun

Nice blanket stimulated emission. Portals, nails also top notch.

I have a nephew and he is just over a year old. When I saw him in May he was kinda wobbling around a few steps at a time, but I saw him again a month later and he was just racing around everywhere on his lil babby legs. He lives in Vancouver so I only see him every now and then

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Also it is 3 am and too hot to sleep because Canada doesn't so much with the a/c, despite being v good at warming houses up.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Shithouse Dave posted:

I have a nephew and he is just over a year old. When I saw him in May he was kinda wobbling around a few steps at a time, but I saw him again a month later and he was just racing around everywhere on his lil babby legs. He lives in Vancouver so I only see him every now and then

my kid is weirdly practical and doesn't do poo poo until he realizes it will further his agenda. He rolled everywhere for like two months, instead of learning to crawl. he didn't talk much, even though he could, for about a month, until he realized we freaked out with happiness when he talked, and that it made communicating a hell of a lot easier

now he thinks 'please' is literally magic and gets super mad if he says 'pwease?' and we don't give in

he'll go "OKAY. FINE."

world's tiniest grump

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

oval office raja posted:

He rolled everywhere for like two months, instead of learning to crawl.
I found a pet for him

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

oval office raja posted:

he'll go "OKAY. FINE."

world's tiniest grump

:aaa: :3:

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

boom boom boom posted:

WHat percentage of ladythread posters has or is planning a webcomic?

This is pages of late now, I'm sure. But not me. Probably ever.

MotherFuckingT-REX
Feb 8, 2011

I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT

Avshalom posted:

are they rejecting you due to your dog, or is it actually an issue of credit, income, and cash on hand for a deposit?

MotherFuckingT-REX
Feb 8, 2011

I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
just sayin, cuz for a long time until i started making actual money, i either had to live with 1-2 room-mates or live in the literal slums

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
:siren:

i've had another person offer to show me a unit with full knowledge of vanya

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

MotherFuckingT-REX posted:

are they rejecting you due to your dog, or is it actually an issue of credit, income, and cash on hand for a deposit?
specifically the dog

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Avshalom posted:

i've had another person offer to show me a unit with full knowledge of vanya

Yay! I hope you find the right unit for you!

I like the word unit.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.

Vagithug posted:

I'm in North Carolina and I live down the street from you.

Mother of gently caress

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
im going to come out of the charlotte ghetto and be ratchet at your place of employment

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
our new housemate just came by to pick up his keys and casually offered to supply us with drugs for the festival next weekend. he can stay.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.

Avshalom posted:

now to colour it :unsmigghh:

someone put the mister greenwater smiley on this IMMEDIATELY

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
that drat smiley ends up on everything i draw

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

InvisibleMonkey posted:

he's really into barbie, mermaids, tween girl pop-groups, hair-dressing, and pretending to walk down a catwalk. I feel it's my duty to ensure he grows up as fabulous as possible.

people better be nice to that kid as he gros. Even if he doesn't turn out to be queer in some way (not trying to stereotype, it's just he reminds me of myself when i was little), the world is cruel to femmenine men. It is a noble mission you have accepted.

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Meis posted:

people better be nice to that kid as he gros. Even if he doesn't turn out to be queer in some way (not trying to stereotype, it's just he reminds me of myself when i was little), the world is cruel to femmenine men. It is a noble mission you have accepted.

yeah, I know. his dad hopes he'll grow out of it and just sort of rolls his eyes when the kid chooses barbies over playing football with him, but he's 6, let him enjoy his girly hobbies before he learns more about stupid gender-roles. as a reformed tomboy who thought dolls were stupid unless they were shaped like teenage mutant ninja turtles, I can identify with the kid and I will support his journey to become a hairdresser for kitties or whatever it is he aspires to.

Besides, his mom is cool and while his dad may be something of an alpha twat at times, he still bought him a barbie dreamhouse, so I have faith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Shithouse Dave posted:

Loooons u have a new av since last time i saw you postin! Avashalom has lured me into this thread and i will endeavour to keep up with its exhausting pace. Did you post the cattens in here i think people deserve to see them bc cattens :3: ladythread loons is holding out on u

• Locked thread