Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
Also today I discovered that the Waterson NC zergs literally don't know about the secret sniping spots on AMP stations. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So do you still equip grenades or does your guy just have a magical generator attached to them that spawns you grenades as long as you have nanites because that sounds horrible.

VV Good

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

It works identically to how it does in live. You spawn in with your kit once you're out you need to restock at a terminal.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Honestly, they should just keep the resource system as is for Infantry products, but change it to an energy system to spawn vehicles...which drain the base NTU's that can be refilled by ANT's.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

edit - looks like the sundy price isn't a bug, it's intended to be 240 resources

I'd call that a good thing. Anything that makes it more likely for people to pull a Sunderer is a plus. (Also Battle Busses Forever.)

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

I dunno. At 60 per minute that's a Sunderer every four minutes on a non member player.

Nookovian-Red
Sep 13, 2002
I WILL NOT CLOSE THREAD IN Serious Hardware / Software Crap
Wouldn't the best possible ANT (energy carrier) be a galaxy in PS2?

Galaxys are huge! Nothing even compares to the potential hauling capacity of a galaxy. They're big and tough and not used enough. Flying keeps the logistics job of hauling back and forth from warpgate a less mundane ordeal and prevents troublesome road navigating on continents like Amerish and Hossin.

Reinforcement convoys would look awesome! Like the airlifts that saved Berlin.

Edit: Instead of "energy" it should just be called supplies. Once above a base you could spam out a dozen or so little crates that would come parachuting down into the base smashing open and replenishing the nanite pool if they landed within like the no deploy area.

Edit 2: Hell maybe even force players to interact with the supply drops to get them into the resource pool, like hacking a console, approach, and hold down E for awhile as a little timer spins around. Defenders would have to protect the drop zone or the enemy could hijack their resupply!

Nookovian-Red fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jul 9, 2014

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Have two versions, people can pick which they use - Either a ground-based or flying one. The flying one has the simple advantage of being an aircraft, it can avoid a lot of the basic dangers through being airborne. Meanwhile, the ground version uses a Sunderer Chassis, and has a miniature Biodome shield that prevents aircraft from attacking it, so it has the advantage of only really being attackable by ground forces.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Put the nanites in a water cooler strapped to the back of a Flash. And the water cooler is like having 8 C4 strapped to your Flash. SOE will assume this makes ANT Flashes vulnerable, and will panic within 24 hours of the patch as ANT Flashes are used exclusively to destroy enemy Sunderers with earth-shattering explosions.

Jiro Kage
Aug 6, 2003

PICKLE SURPRISE!
Speaking of Valkyrie, isn't it supposed to be out soon?

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

There's pretty well nothing they could do that would make doing a ground-based "try not to die" mission more viable than an air-based one. Ground vehicles are incredibly vulnerable to all sorts of poo poo. Air vehicles can just fly above all ground based enemies, and they can go to the objective in a straight line which will contain exactly 0 instant-death landmines. Even if a sunderer ANT were magically immune to all aircraft, it's still far slower, and far more vulnerable than an aircraft hauling nanites would be.

Their plan to limit ANT modules to only certain ground vehicles probably isn't going to change, and for good reason.

Jiro Kage posted:

Speaking of Valkyrie, isn't it supposed to be out soon?

Next month.

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
"Put something in otherwise you get stupid newbie"
So if Member Boost is +50%, I can throw one revive nade every minute and "break even" on nanites. This is not sufficient. This is not even close to sufficient. I throw at least 4 of the goddamn things a minute right now in a heavy fight and since you can't stock them up to 40 anymore, I can't even bank on restocking them during the times I'm not playing medic or traveling or AFK or whatever. gently caress.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Give me an ANT module on a Vanguard. I'll get that fucker where it needs to go :smug:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

BadLlama posted:

Give me an ANT module on a Vanguard. I'll get that fucker where it needs to go :smug:
Of course by the time you get there, the fight will have been over for 15 minutes. :haw:

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Zierham posted:

So if Member Boost is +50%, I can throw one revive nade every minute and "break even" on nanites. This is not sufficient. This is not even close to sufficient. I throw at least 4 of the goddamn things a minute right now in a heavy fight and since you can't stock them up to 40 anymore, I can't even bank on restocking them during the times I'm not playing medic or traveling or AFK or whatever. gently caress.

I honestly get the feeling that the cost hike is intentional, since Revive Nade + Bandolier necromancers are just completely bananas for how dirt-cheap they are to currently maintain.

Nookovian-Red
Sep 13, 2002
I WILL NOT CLOSE THREAD IN Serious Hardware / Software Crap
Malorn said in the Reddit thread that the new infantry consumables prices didn't make it to PTS yet so the costs currently are just placeholder values. The vehicle costs however are correct, but could be subject to change when testing starts in ernest. Sounds like they're going to have another Server Smash event to test the new resource system once they iron out the basics.

Nookovian-Red fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jul 9, 2014

Aaod
May 29, 2004

Nookovian-Red posted:

Malorn said in the Reddit thread that the new infantry consumables prices didn't make it to PTS yet so the costs currently are just placeholder values. The vehicle costs however are correct, but could be subject to change when testing starts in ernest. Sounds like they're going to have another Server Smash event to test the new resource system once they iron out the basics.
The vehicle costs are a bit high, but semi tolerable so that is good.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

A Tartan Tory posted:

Also today I discovered that the Waterson NC zergs literally don't know about the secret sniping spots on AMP stations. :stare:

I'll bite, which secret spots? We talking about the pipes above the shield gen vehicle bay doors?

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Love how much PHX is hating on GOKU on reddit haha--LOOK YOU SHOULD ONLY BRING 2 SQUADS TO COMBAT OUR PLATOON OK THE OTHER 2 SQUADS SHOULD BE GHOST CAPPING! Also respond to hate hate tell responses with #ourswamp as they are getting really mad about that.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

novaSphere posted:

I honestly get the feeling that the cost hike is intentional, since Revive Nade + Bandolier necromancers are just completely bananas for how dirt-cheap they are to currently maintain.
Even so, and taking into account that they're placeholders, grenades can very easily be wasted for all sorts of reasons and the real use of Revive Grenade necromancy is in heavy-fighting point holds where a person doesn't tend to have access to an infantry terminal, so this wouldn't really nerf that and would mostly just be inconvenient, especially for defenders (who really deserve to have a resource advantage over attackers). Having one cost 1/6 of a Liberator is absurd given that the Liberator can theoretically kill infinity dudes (but the Lib itself costing what it costs is fine).

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Arghy posted:

Love how much PHX is hating on GOKU on reddit haha--LOOK YOU SHOULD ONLY BRING 2 SQUADS TO COMBAT OUR PLATOON OK THE OTHER 2 SQUADS SHOULD BE GHOST CAPPING! Also respond to hate hate tell responses with #ourswamp as they are getting really mad about that.

PHX is basically the new TAS. Everyone on NC hates them.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Blasmeister posted:

I'll bite, which secret spots? We talking about the pipes above the shield gen vehicle bay doors?

The hidden little alcove on those little bits yeah.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The Medic starter pack is an adv grip/comp Reaper DMR and a laser Commie, plus a 2nd burster arm for some added DEATH TO ALL SKYGODS action :getin:

All for 1,400sc! That's a p good deal

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011

Arghy posted:

I like that he was trying to put the blame on our so called 'low level newbie farming' outfits for making new players quit and that outfits like PHX and AOD were doing a service to the game by recruiting any and all new players.

Completely ignores that their lovely leaders are making platoons worth of people either bore it up by zerging 70/30 for multiple bases in a row or letting them get farmed and demoralized by the yell meta the rest of the time instead of just redeploying out.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

o muerte posted:

Am I the only one who thinks the proposed ANT system of "ANT is an upgrade on Sunderers and Harrassers" is bad? Unless every ANT vehicle is auto-spotted on the map and has huge flashing lights they're going to be frequently ignored because they're well behind the front lines.

I mean, I guess it'll give liberators something to do behind enemy lines but ... it seems like a dedicated vehicle that everyone knows is a high priority target would be a better way to handle it.

Am I the only one that thinks driving an ANT Harasser will be fun as poo poo? Flying through battle lines at high speed, slamming through a vehicle shield to provide recharges at the last minute.

Now all I need is a Confederate flag for the hood, and I'm golden.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Stanley Pain posted:

That sucks. Have too many resources :haw: invested in my VS and TR dude on Connery to move for better ping :/

I stopped playing my level 90+ Connery VS so I could run with goons because I finally gave up hoping that they'd implement server xfers.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Fuzz posted:

Am I the only one that thinks driving an ANT Harasser will be fun as poo poo? Flying through battle lines at high speed, slamming through a vehicle shield to provide recharges at the last minute.

If you have to actually drive the ANT everywhere instead of being dumped out of an aircraft directly above the resupply point, there's going to be a zillion tank mines everywhere which will be awful unless we also get a new weapon/tool that can quickly clear minefields like the PS1 thumper with jammer grenades.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Arghy posted:

Arghy you need to properly dunk on those shitties. You need to literally go full-Arghy on their asses. For the good of the game, the NC, and the server. You're the hero Emerald needs, but not the one it deserves.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Davethulhu posted:

I stopped playing my level 90+ Connery VS so I could run with goons because I finally gave up hoping that they'd implement server xfers.
What server is GOKU on?
I get 150~ ping on Connery but the other one is at like, 250~. Worth trying to play a mid-sized battle with that ping?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

GOKU is on Emerald, which is the US East server. We have several Eurotrash and Aussies, though, so you might ask them what their ping is like.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

Gonkish posted:

Arghy you need to properly dunk on those shitties. You need to literally go full-Arghy on their asses. For the good of the game, the NC, and the server. You're the hero Emerald needs, but not the one it deserves.

You never go full Arghy.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

So a few snippits from Higby's stream:

• He said they've considered making tanks stronger and giving them dedicated gunner seats instead of driver controlled turrets as the payoff, but the magrider is the issue holding it back and redesigning it is a big piece of work.
  • Spitfire turrets confirmed.
  • PS4 release is slotted for this year.
  • Weather is coming very soon!
  • Bunch of updates to Hossin bases coming soon.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Westy543 posted:

drat it, Higby, give us Engineer-portable Flak turrets. You know it's the right thing to do.

GentleJudge
Feb 28, 2011

Westy543 posted:

• He said they've considered making tanks stronger and giving them dedicated gunner seats instead of driver controlled turrets as the payoff, but the magrider is the issue holding it back and redesigning it is a big piece of work.

Also upgrades to the CPU-intensive middleware "Umbra" which should cull better and be less CPU intensive.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

GentleJudge posted:

Also upgrades to the CPU-intensive middleware "Umbra" which should cull better and be less CPU intensive.

What?

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

Westy543 posted:

As an Engineer and Vanguard driver with a top-end PC this list made me ejaculate in my boxers. No, seriously, I had to take them off and put them in the washing machine.

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

Westy543 posted:

I never in a million years thought engineers would get anything like this back. Of course now that I said that it'll likely be given to LA or some such poo poo.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Chance posted:

I never in a million years thought engineers would get anything like this back. Of course now that I said that it'll likely be given to LA or some such poo poo.

They will be given to MAXes in the form of "tear your arm off and it sprouts a tripod and autotracking"

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Hopefully spitfire turrets don't mean the AI-controlled, 100% accurate turrets that we had in PS1. Not sure that free kills for zero effort things are what the game needs. I mean, we already have mines, after all.

Speaking of which, in his stream he also said sunderers would get a shield they can slot that will allow the thing, when deployed, to be durable enough that one person will not be able to simply dump a bunch of mines/C4 on it and destroy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Lassitude posted:

Hopefully spitfire turrets don't mean the AI-controlled, 100% accurate turrets that we had in PS1. Not sure that free kills for zero effort things are what the game needs. I mean, we already have mines, after all.

Speaking of which, in his stream he also said sunderers would get a shield they can slot that will allow the thing, when deployed, to be durable enough that one person will not be able to simply dump a bunch of mines/C4 on it and destroy it.

He explicitly said they'd be AI controlled. They'd be useless otherwise. Someone asked if there will be AI in PS2 and he said "we don't really want AI for squadmates or soldiers, but we do want them for something like... Spitfire turrets."

• Locked thread