Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

mind the walrus posted:

Yeah, nix that weird-rear end tree and the poster quality jumps like 30%.

It's especially loving odd because the same artist has pretty good composition in the Escape poster. Makes you wonder why he decided a tree should be the focus of the Night one. Maybe it's drawn over a mistake?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

So their casting process is basically them brainstorming how many actors and actresses they could possibly fit on a poster and then hiring them all on the spot?

STILL no Robert Davi :smith:

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

MikeJF posted:

Damnit Tina Fey your casual comedy demeanor made me assume you would be a cool person without an annoying evil publicist BUT IT'S ALL A LIE ISN'T

Let's take the second most recognizable person on the poster and give her a completely new face!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Irish Joe posted:

Let's take the second most recognizable person on the poster and give her a completely new face!

I would argue that she's the most recognisable person on that poster. Although not in her current state. It genuinely did take me looking at her trying to recognise her deliberately before it clicked.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Video Viddy Games posted:

STILL no Robert Davi :smith:

At the end of the movie he'll drop through a skylight window on a rope, open his mouth, take a breath and then SMASH credits

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The Night poster looks like the work of Richard Corben.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MikeJF posted:

I would argue that she's the most recognisable person on that poster. Although not in her current state. It genuinely did take me looking at her trying to recognise her deliberately before it clicked.

The funny part is that this is from a photoshoot and that IS her original head and face. It's been cleaned up though. This is also getting roasted on IMP for Adam Driver being photshopped in because according to the depth perception of unemployed artists he clearly would have his rear end in Kathryn Hahn's lap. But that's how it is in the photo too.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

kiimo posted:

Dolphin Tale 2

:psyduck:

I can't even imagine. Either they focus the sequel entirely on the made-up stories of the human characters (because Winter's story wasn't interesting enough I guess) from the first movie, make up a new reason for Winter to be rescued a la the "Free Willy" sequels, or something even dumber.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Winter gets a friend. Working on this makes me want to hang myself for the record.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Jesus Christ.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

That's a prosthetic dolphin tail.

Somehow it makes me more :gonk: than the plastic shrunky-face Kristofferson.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
hahahahaha Kristofferson looks amazing.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

hahahahaha Kristofferson looks amazing.

He looks like one of the aliens from This Island Earth

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

kiimo posted:

Winter gets a friend. Working on this makes me want to hang myself for the record.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

morestuff posted:

He looks like one of the aliens from This Island Earth

He isn't photoshopped. For posterity...

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

kiimo posted:

Oh, I didn't really think he was.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

kiimo posted:

...also starring two kids and some other woman who cares.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Kristofferson looks like Dorian Grey took a tiny peek at his painting, just for like a second.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

kiimo posted:

Man, I thought this poster was bad without the heads, let alone with them in it. Jesus.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Why, Morgan.

Why.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Does Morgan have some outrageous alimony like Cleese and Foley?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

effectual posted:

I think his 2010 divorce was settled without a trial, so he isn't dealing with ongoing alimony.

The settlement, however, was about $400 million for his ex-wife.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

The Night poster looks like the work of Richard Corben.

Either Corben or someone is seriously ripping him off.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

What has science done to your Kris?!

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

effectual posted:

He's religious and really big on "inspirational" stuff.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kris has been doing some Broadway where he was perfectly cast as Darth Sidious in the stage production of Star Wars.

Deadly Chlorine
Nov 8, 2009

The accumulated filth of all the dog poop and hairballs will foam up about their waists and all the catladies and dog crazies will look up and shout "Save us!"
... and I'll look down and whisper
"No."

kiimo posted:

I have no idea why everything about this is so loving hilarious, but it is. Holy poo poo why would they even ask people to intentionally make this.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Vintersorg posted:

Can he even see out of his left eye?

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

kiimo posted:

Pete Rosenthal can handle it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9d09JLBVRc

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Nice to see the brand synergy by adding Poopdeck Pappy as a character to Dolphin Tale.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Vintersorg posted:

He's going for a reverse Kenny Rogers.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Where eyebrows fear to tread.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

muscles like this? posted:

Either Corben or someone is seriously ripping him off.

Which I don't really have a problem with, it looks like Corben oekaki. I even like the weird cairn stone thing there.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
It's pretty cool that they're making actors out of silly putty now. Neat!

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Meatwave posted:

It's pretty cool that they're making actors out of silly putty now. Neat!

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Deadly Chlorine posted:

I have no idea why everything about this is so loving hilarious, but it is. Holy poo poo why would they even ask people to intentionally make this.

I don't know. Its basically the same movie as How to Train Your Dragon, but about dolphins.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

I'm no marine biologist, but the area between Winter's prosthetic flukes and the leading edge of her dorsal fin looks photoshopped to hell and back. The last time I saw an animal's spine bend that way, it ended in tears.

(Of course, as already documented in this thread, that's small potatoes compared to Kristofferson...)

Jay Dub
Jul 27, 2009

I'm not listening
to youuuuu...

Vintersorg posted:

He looks like a jack-o-lantern a month after Halloween.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?