Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

I'm I still locked into using bullshit shotguns on my NC MAX? I remember being outgunned by every other (non-MAX) class because the shotgun shells don't do anything past 10 feet.

Yes and no.

Slugs are incredible and a must for the shotguns (at all ranges)
Falcons are fixed now, and are pretty much the best goddamn weapons any MAX has. Twin rocket launchers with perfect accuracy, capable of one-shotting infantry and utterly wrecking armor, and super cheap into the bargain.

I've got about 10,000 kills so far with the NC MAX and it's in the best state it's ever been. We don't have any chainguns or anything still, but suffice to say that the SlugMAX is more than capable when treated with a bit of care

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Today, a grand total of 2 high-altitude reavers kept the VS air warpgated on amerish. And literally all of GOKU can't dogfight to save their lives, myself included :smith:.

Massive one-shot-wonder A2G scythe-balls or don't pull scythes at all.

Holy hell who were they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

:magical:

That is .. wow.. why not just buy certs at that point? Why not just make it so you can type someone's name and pay a few bucks to kill them. I should probably shut up with my sarcastic hyperbole lest Higby read it and take it seriously.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
On the upside if it goes live it'll be real easy to drive people insane with rage by killing their newly SC-funded vehicle using dishonorable means

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Mostly TIW however it was former PREY guys like DeliMane and OneWhoPokesBears plus a few more.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

hailthefish posted:

:magical:

That is .. wow.. why not just buy certs at that point? Why not just make it so you can type someone's name and pay a few bucks to kill them. I should probably shut up with my sarcastic hyperbole lest Higby read it and take it seriously.

Yeah, it's the biggest bullshit cash grab I've seen in game yet. Imagine finding the biggest biolab meat grinder and literally endlessly making GBS threads av grenades into point holds. You really might as well pay for certs at that point since endlessly pulling force multipliers is basically a license to print certs.

General Probe posted:

Mostly TIW however it was former PREY guys like DeliMane and OneWhoPokesBears plus a few more.

I hate dealing with TIW air, they're the biggest pack of ganking shitters. If they can't jump you (almost always with an airhammer) they just run. They will literally never engage a decent pilot without either airhammer/stealth or at least 4 guys. They're a lot like 0PTR, if you see one the other 4 just haven't rendered yet.

o muerte fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jul 15, 2014

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

It should cost something exorbitant like $25 per refill. That way it's too few people consuming it to make a difference in the game overall but SOE still gets to fleece people who would literally pay to not play infantry for even a few minutes

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

It shouldn't even exist. It's a bad idea. It's as close as you get to buying certs.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

Yes and no.

Slugs are incredible and a must for the shotguns (at all ranges)
Falcons are fixed now, and are pretty much the best goddamn weapons any MAX has. Twin rocket launchers with perfect accuracy, capable of one-shotting infantry and utterly wrecking armor, and super cheap into the bargain.

I've got about 10,000 kills so far with the NC MAX and it's in the best state it's ever been. We don't have any chainguns or anything still, but suffice to say that the SlugMAX is more than capable when treated with a bit of care

Holy hell who were they?

There was more then 2, there was the 2 you saw then the 4 hiding behind the rocks and 3 more 1 hex away. When GOKU air balled them we killed 7 reavers and 2 that got away. It was TIW's who are loving horrible on the ground which is hilarious because their the premier NC waterson outfit?

Lookit this poo poo https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428041429994150369/killboard/?view=timeline&filter=kills look at those AV nades hahaha i literally threw all 4 AV nades then just held down the lasher trigger until i ran out.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Arghy posted:

There was more then 2, there was the 2 you saw then the 4 hiding behind the rocks and 3 more 1 hex away. When GOKU air balled them we killed 7 reavers and 2 that got away. It was TIW's who are loving horrible on the ground which is hilarious because their the premier NC waterson outfit?

Lookit this poo poo https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428041429994150369/killboard/?view=timeline&filter=kills look at those AV nades hahaha i literally threw all 4 AV nades then just held down the lasher trigger until i ran out.

So wait, what happened? Did you guys trounce a force of 9 Reavers only to have 2 escape, get trounced by 2 Reavers, or lose your whole airball to 9 Reavers who lost 7 of their own number?

I thought you guys knew better than to dogfight. Just lock on or ram jeez

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jul 15, 2014

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

When we pushed them out there was about 9+ reavers so it was likely those 2 high flying reavers had friends behind the rocks.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
I was part of a good TR alert last night but had to go to bed before the conclusion. VG was running the show and they were redeploying like crazy, dropping at *least* three squads, if not a platoon, on to NC and VS cap attempts as soon as they were noticed and thwarting them.

We used max crashes where ended and the galaxy was used to good extent as a rolling spawn point over Indar comm and snake ravine. It was like, like, I dunno, the TR was coordinated and unified in a purpose. Who won that alert?

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
If you're talking about the Indar one, TR won it with 36%. If it was Amerish NC won it with 40%. You can look up the rest here.

http://ps2alerts.com/allalerts/Emerald

Aaod
May 29, 2004
Does anyone else notice recently the quality of the VS players take a sharp nose dive right after prime time? Before the merger the quality drop was not noticeable at all after prime time, but right now it feels like we suddenly recruited short bus TR reject players as soon as the clock strikes 10ish.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
I'm sure it's to do with a drop in VS player quality and not that VS was usually rocking 40% pop in the mornings. Lately the NC morning pop has caught up and are actually taking some morning alerts off them.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Fans posted:

If you're talking about the Indar one, TR won it with 36%. If it was Amerish NC won it with 40%. You can look up the rest here.

http://ps2alerts.com/allalerts/Emerald

Feels good man.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Aaod posted:

Does anyone else notice recently the quality of the VS players take a sharp nose dive right after prime time? Before the merger the quality drop was not noticeable at all after prime time, but right now it feels like we suddenly recruited short bus TR reject players as soon as the clock strikes 10ish.

Its the good outfits taking to farming and ignoring things like alerts. All i care about these days is loving certs, if i'm PL i dont give 2 shits about cont captures or alerts i just want to get everyone stuck into a wonderful farm.

Todays onatha biolab farm and that push to mulac were just loving AMAZING, we had 3 loving PLATOONS OF TR FOOT ZERGING TOWARDS 12+ PPA MAGRIDERS. They all had loving lock ons to so you'd just watch them futilely try to lock unto your mag while you drift behind another mag before your PPA gunner kills the idiot for standing still. At onatha TR literally rushed into rooms in a giant ball against AV nades and lashers.

Alerts were awesome for focusing fights when the factions would refuse to stand and fight but now with loving AOD/PHX we no longer need to worry about the factions running away because some where theres a zerg hitting a retarded facility and GOKU will follow the certs.

CupBoy
Aug 7, 2002

It's a bloody cup.
Everything is down and I'm getting a domain parking page for http://planetside2.com/

:confused:

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

They hired another black dev and malorn flipped the servers in a righteous white rage.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

Fans posted:

I'm sure it's to do with a drop in VS player quality and not that VS was usually rocking 40% pop in the mornings. Lately the NC morning pop has caught up and are actually taking some morning alerts off them.

There was an amp station alert when I got on around 7:30 yesterday and VS had 14% population, I helped push out a zone around our amp station to make sure it was a draw then jumped to Indar where NC managed to warpgate us and lock the continent with no more then 12v12 at any point. I had to drive a repair sundy around an amp station to get my daily ribbons since I couldn't find a fight.

CupBoy
Aug 7, 2002

It's a bloody cup.
Haha, looks like they forgot to renew the domain used for their name servers (sonyonline.net) :downs:

Temporary hosts file fix: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2ar1o4/getting_this_error_on_launch_any_ideas/cixwm3p

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Quick, someone buy sonyonline.net and make it point to goatse

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

CupBoy posted:

Haha, looks like they forgot to renew the domain used for their name servers (sonyonline.net) :downs:
Now this is :soe:

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
Jesus Christ, this is new levels of incompetent that I have never seen before. :stare:

:soe:

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
I wish :soe: wasn't an actual emoticon because :soe: not working was part of the joke

Scags
Nov 12, 2005
I played 3 hours of TR last night. I had more fun and was more effective than ever on my NC. I average about a 1.0 KDR on NC, and I was 3.0 for most of the night on my TR. Finished at around 2.83. The TR pubbies seemed fine as well. They may have not been as mechanically good as many of the NC pubs but they were generally heading towards the objectives, which is good enough. I was very happy with the whole experience.

I tried finding K0TH in the outfit browser but it wasn't coming up. Tried every name I could think of and wasn't finding anything. Is that intended? I'll just message someone tonight since it is Totali-Terran Tuesday.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

So, you know how grenades behave ...strangely at times? Well, have I got the picture for you:

Witness the glory that is the grenade collision model.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

ahahahaha

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

o muerte posted:

So, you know how grenades behave ...strangely at times? Well, have I got the picture for you:

Why isn't it in the center soe? Why?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

o muerte posted:

This explains so much

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Ok, so does the grenade model itself give the cantaloupe weight? Is it like loaded dice? I'm still amused by a bunch of space warriors throwing lopsided dodgeballs at eachother while a disco laser light show and screaming eagle rockets whizz by.

Popcornicus
Nov 22, 2007

o muerte posted:

I feel so much better now.

jneer
Aug 31, 2006

Mush Mushi!

CupBoy posted:

Temporary hosts file fix: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2ar1o4/getting_this_error_on_launch_any_ideas/cixwm3p

I don't know which is worse, SOE for such an amateur fuckup or me for giving money to these guys.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Erata posted:

Ok, so does the grenade model itself give the cantaloupe weight? Is it like loaded dice? I'm still amused by a bunch of space warriors throwing lopsided dodgeballs at eachother while a disco laser light show and screaming eagle rockets whizz by.

If you imagine grenades as lopsided exploding basketballs it makes a lot more sense.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So you can actually kill a person with the concussion grenade itself? I did not know this until now.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

jneer posted:

I don't know which is worse, SOE for such an amateur fuckup or me for giving money to these guys.

You must be new to SOE games if you're only just wondering that now.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

BadLlama posted:

So you can actually kill a person with the concussion grenade itself? I did not know this until now.

Concussion grenades (as well as smoke, flashbang, etc.) do a miniscule amount of damage, so yes. If your grenade does that last little 1% to someone it counts as a kill.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
The BCP reincarnation checklist:

* Do you call people niggers with abandon?
* Is everyone a 'fuckin ijit'?
* Do the words 'god loving dammit' issue from your mouth every 11 seconds?
* Do you enjoy cursing people out for not doing exactly what you say a microsecond after you say it?

Congratulations Salojin of Validus Gamers, you are literally Buzz Cut Psycho.

Oh and he wears the commissar hat.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Aaod posted:

It's not just prime time, it's most of the time. A lot of NC 4th factioners and new players are the result of the merge. If VS caps hossin, they usually get on their VS alts until after an alert that unlocks it. I definitely see this in the early mornings with lack of any command. I see a number of battles where VS just gives up territory to continue to farm at wherever zerg fight it is.

During yesterday's indar alert, there was a whole platoon pushing Indar Ex for some reason. I think it was combined dapp and SSGO forces. It's also a great time to farm said newbie players on your TR/NC alts as you see a lot of DA/AC doing.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Scags posted:

I played 3 hours of TR last night. I had more fun and was more effective than ever on my NC. I average about a 1.0 KDR on NC, and I was 3.0 for most of the night on my TR. Finished at around 2.83. The TR pubbies seemed fine as well. They may have not been as mechanically good as many of the NC pubs but they were generally heading towards the objectives, which is good enough. I was very happy with the whole experience.

I tried finding K0TH in the outfit browser but it wasn't coming up. Tried every name I could think of and wasn't finding anything. Is that intended? I'll just message someone tonight since it is Totali-Terran Tuesday.

TONIGHT IS TOTALI-TERRAN TUESDAY INDEEEEEED, STARTS AT 7pm EST, I'll be doing the honor of leading the platoon unless somebody else wants a go at it!

It should be listed under [K0TH] HANK HILL APPRECIATION STATION but if it isn't ill check it out when I get home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

o muerte posted:

I clicked this thread for the first time in a long time and this is what I see, everything makes so much sense now.

• Locked thread