Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aaod
May 29, 2004
The new resource system is honestly kind of dumb for multiple reasons.

1. Encourages autism chariots. Instead of someone grabbing a vehicle occasionally the system actually rewards you for doing nothing but being a vehicle whore. Combined resources is stupid and the only reason I can see them doing it is to try and make the game simpler for the ps4 crowd.

2. Short timers after death the first time. If you can keep a MBT alive a full minute as a subscriber congrats you have enough resources to immediately pull a second one. Sure this will be nice to lancer farm... but terrible for the state of the game.

3. more micromanagement needed for infantry resources. Do you really expect me to navigate the menus and buy grenade every minute? No I would rather just buy more in one go and then dole them out as needed. And no auto resupply is stupid and poorly designed before you mention it. The weird thing is with the rates being what they are if you infantry whore you can actually spam nades more often than currently due to a faster resource tick rate.

4. Even less reason to fight in certain hexes or control certain bases.

5. Makes it even harder to warpgate an enemy faction or cut them off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Don't worry, with the upcoming addition of Nanite purchases with station cash people can stay in their autism chariots constantly. :v:

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I would give SOE more money if the weapons weren't so expensive. :10bux: for one gun? Follow Valve's pricing for guns and make them max out at $5 and a dollar or two for most. Then I'd be willing to splurge on getting them.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Aaod posted:

Do you really expect me to navigate the menus and buy grenade every minute?
You don't buy anything as an infantry person. You purchase your stuff automatically when you equip/spawn but don't need to "buy" it if you never used it last time it was equipped.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Coredump posted:

I would give SOE more money if the weapons weren't so expensive. :10bux: for one gun? Follow Valve's pricing for guns and make them max out at $5 and a dollar or two for most. Then I'd be willing to splurge on getting them.

It's 7 isn't it? 3.50 on sale? Don't buy anything that's not on sale, or brand-new and OP before they nerf it.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

BadLlama posted:

You don't buy anything as an infantry person. You purchase your stuff automatically when you equip/spawn but don't need to "buy" it if you never used it last time it was equipped.

So: I'm running around as grenade medic and die, while sitting at my death screen I see I have just enough for a MAX. I respawn and run over to the terminal, but by doing so it will subtract the nanites, and now I don't have enough.

Is this accurate?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Azerban posted:

So: I'm running around as grenade medic and die, while sitting at my death screen I see I have just enough for a MAX. I respawn and run over to the terminal, but by doing so it will subtract the nanites, and now I don't have enough.

Is this accurate?

I'd love it if they made the cap double the maximum just to prevent this from happening.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Azerban posted:

Is this accurate?

Did you throw all your grenades when you were alive and then when you died spawned as the same class? From my understanding of the system then yes the act of you spawning as a grenade medic causes the game to charge you for the grenades you used in your previous life (And refill them on your current life) and you no longer have enough resources to grab a MAX.

Kind of a crappy situation in that instance and hopefully they will allow you to spawn as a MAX again. Not even really sure if the reason they got rid of MAX spawning will be an issue for anything as long as you don't let them drop pod. I don't even recall their reasoning beyond MAX drop podding all over the place.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
As a returning player, hearing about this new system has stopped me from renewing my membership because I know I will stop playing when it comes out. The entire appeal of this game is I can tank when I want to tank, wear an exosuit when I want to wear an exosuit, and fly a super-powered fighter jet when I need a taxi.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

BadLlama posted:

Did you throw all your grenades when you were alive and then when you died spawned as the same class? From my understanding of the system then yes the act of you spawning as a grenade medic causes the game to charge you for the grenades you used in your previous life (And refill them on your current life) and you no longer have enough resources to grab a MAX.

Kind of a crappy situation in that instance and hopefully they will allow you to spawn as a MAX again. Not even really sure if the reason they got rid of MAX spawning will be an issue for anything as long as you don't let them drop pod. I don't even recall their reasoning beyond MAX drop podding all over the place.

So... Would this mean you would want to set up a "MAX spawn" loadout that has no consumables equipped (is it possible to un-equip grenades entirely?), just to make sure you don't accidentally dip below the cap?

Here's hoping they just let you spawn as a MAX from the get-go. Does anyone else remember what their reasoning was for not being able to do so?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hey, at least he has a good sense of humor right? :v:

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Aaod posted:

I'll admit, I'm in disagreement with you on most of your other points too, but are you actually trying to say that it's a bad thing to make it easier for a loosing faction to keep fighting? Because last I checked people usually just bail on a continent once it becomes clear that they're going to get hellzerged back to their warpgate.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Beef Hardcheese posted:

Here's hoping they just let you spawn as a MAX from the get-go. Does anyone else remember what their reasoning was for not being able to do so?
They don't want you airdropping or spawning into a Galaxy as a MAX, I believe.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Beef Hardcheese posted:

This would be the best way to solve that particular dilemma I think. And the only thing I can remember about changing MAX to having to equip was because of drop pod abuse, I guess they don't want 20 people just spawning off an AMS instantly though as well.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think the thing I dislike the most about the Nanites for SC thing is that any possible metagame that could evolve out of cutting a factions resources off is out the window. Just pay some SC, get yourself a shiny new MAX.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
"Alright, finished off the Flare VE6 Auraxium... next up? time to see what all this buff the CARV nonsense is all about I think!"

Great, now Higby's on to us. :tinfoil:

EDIT: Also DA is about to get trolltacular: "Comm Clash World Champions decal can now be selected as an outfit decal."

Nakar fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jul 16, 2014

Aaod
May 29, 2004

Keeshhound posted:

I'll admit, I'm in disagreement with you on most of your other points too, but are you actually trying to say that it's a bad thing to make it easier for a loosing faction to keep fighting? Because last I checked people usually just bail on a continent once it becomes clear that they're going to get hellzerged back to their warpgate.
Mainly because I want to be able to win instead of fighting the same stalemates over and over again. For me it gives a bit more incentive to keep playing if I can affect the game somewhat. Sure I could much more easily get more certs by farming a tower, but I would rather go blow up sunderers to win basically.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Aaod posted:

Mainly because I want to be able to win

:cawg:

Nakar posted:

They don't want you airdropping or spawning into a Galaxy as a MAX, I believe.

Couldn't they just make it so that you can't do either of those with the MAX class highlighted? In theory, of course; I'm sure if SOE tried to implement it it'd result in a week of people being able to deploy tanks from Galaxies or some other such shenanigans.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Keeshhound posted:

:cawg:

Couldn't they just make it so that you can't do either of those with the MAX class highlighted? In theory, of course; I'm sure if SOE tried to implement it it'd result in a week of people being able to deploy tanks from Galaxies or some other such shenanigans.

Literally checking a check box, of course SOE cant do that.

I want to see higby aurax some VS AR's hahaha, aurax the corvus higby its entirely balanced.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Arghy posted:

Literally checking a check box, of course SOE cant do that.

I want to see higby aurax some VS AR's hahaha, aurax the corvus higby its entirely balanced.

To be fair SOE hasn't said VS ARs are well balanced, they haven't said anything at all about them

Anyway dumb stupid laser guns are the VS's faction trait. If you wanted guns like a boxer who just throws nonstop hay-makers you should've rolled NC

jsr v2.0
Jun 26, 2004
japanese seisure robots
I bought the Terminus yesterday. It's the first AR I've used as VS that doesn't feel like complete poo poo. I'm also bad at shooting though so I might be wrong!

The Lancer is so much fun that it makes changing away from Heavy hard, though :(

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

The Terminus is one of only two VS ARs that aren't completely loving mediocre, so that makes sense. (The other one is the NS-11A/P.)

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

To be fair SOE hasn't said VS ARs are well balanced, they haven't said anything at all about them

Anyway dumb stupid laser guns are the VS's faction trait. If you wanted guns like a boxer who just throws nonstop hay-makers you should've rolled NC

You do realize i'm going to be doing this to you non stop once VS guns get buffed/NC guns get nerfed right? :smug: looks like you shoulda rolled VS if you wanted an AI secondary that worked.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Okay so how the gently caress are you people getting into the game? I haven't touched my settings or anything and the launcher doesn't work.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Oh hey now I can finally dust off the pulsar c. Its a good gun but I don't want to like go over the aurax mark and then when the fix happens I have to kill a thousand dudes AGAIN.

jneer
Aug 31, 2006

Mush Mushi!

Nakar posted:

EDIT: Also DA is about to get trolltacular: "Comm Clash World Champions decal can now be selected as an outfit decal."

That applies to our European Champions Decal so we're gonna get busy jizzing our decal all over the map. :cawg:

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Remember the resource rate being constant is a temporary thing. As they update it I think it goes back to territory supplying your nanites. Once that goes through it should increase the attackers momentum as they approach the warp gate. Now they won't just run out of vehicles, but maxes and nades too. (unless they p2w or head over to another continent that's being ghost capped because they're being warp gated)

It will have the nice benefit that you don't need X base to pull your autism chariot of choice but simply enough territory. No more getting 150 (the resource you didn't need) a tick and 15 of (the one you did).

It seems like the biggest hit will be to people who pull air/tank/max forever.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Arghy posted:

You do realize i'm going to be doing this to you non stop once VS guns get buffed/NC guns get nerfed right? :smug: looks like you shoulda rolled VS if you wanted an AI secondary that worked.

This is our revenge for ZOE. You don't get to re-revenge that's against the rules

Nakar posted:

Okay so how the gently caress are you people getting into the game? I haven't touched my settings or anything and the launcher doesn't work.

Undo the stuff you did yesterday and you should be able to get in

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jul 16, 2014

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

jsr v2.0 posted:

I bought the Terminus yesterday. It's the first AR I've used as VS that doesn't feel like complete poo poo. I'm also bad at shooting though so I might be wrong!

The Lancer is so much fun that it makes changing away from Heavy hard, though :(

Get yourself the NS one, promo code "summerreward"

Changed my life

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Epic High Five posted:

Undo the stuff you did yesterday and you should be able to get in
I said I didn't do anything.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Nakar posted:

Then do this:

Digital Fingers posted:

If any of you nerds still can't get on planetside do this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_Fs9eOOVyg.

Enjoy playing against the other ~50~ people server wide who managed to log on as well.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Vyvanse+coffe+empty stomach = infinity KDR or 0.0001, but not in between

Also, this, with some variation, eaten as one giant meal over the course of 2 hours (then followed by a nap) nets me a solid 5+ session KDR. It's worse if I play while still fasted for whatever reason :shrug: Probably because by the time I can play the coffee has worn off and work has just ended. Pretty much just lentils and cheap cheap protein sources at the moment until the new job starts

Oh man, ADHD stimulants are either magic for competitive play or turn you into a complete raging trainwreck for hours. It's really hit or miss.

Nookovian-Red posted:

Vodka + Vodka + Vodka + Vodka + Vodka, maybe a little bit more Vodka = NC #1 at honking.

Suck on that KD:R scrublordz

You haven't experienced the TEAM AMERICA TR honk bus :colbert:

Aaod posted:

3. more micromanagement needed for infantry resources. Do you really expect me to navigate the menus and buy grenade every minute? No I would rather just buy more in one go and then dole them out as needed. And no auto resupply is stupid and poorly designed before you mention it. The weird thing is with the rates being what they are if you infantry whore you can actually spam nades more often than currently due to a faster resource tick rate.

Re 3: I do think the limitation on stack size is a good thing TBH, there are times when we're camped into a spawn or we're facing a point hold and I literally just run from the terminal to a decent point to throw grenades. I've emptied entire 40 stacks of both AV and frags into huge point-holds in less than three minutes and while it's hilarious to do it's not very good gameplay.

Re 5: That's actually a good thing. The way populations swing these days it's incredibly frustrating to play when you're on the 25% world pop team. You're fighting much larger force with constant access to MAXes, grenades, c4, tanks and aircraft and you get ... nothing. That would be fine if it didn't cause people to just log out or switch factions, which is what happens now. Longer term you end up with people either quitting the game or switching to stack the dominant faction even more, it's incredibly bad for the health of the game.

BadLlama posted:

Actually you *can* restock things you're not about to use by pulling that loadout from a terminal, then switching again. Which you'll want to do often to keep resource ticks useful when you're close to the cap.

Gonkish posted:

The Terminus is one of only two VS ARs that aren't completely loving mediocre, so that makes sense. (The other one is the NS-11A/P.)

You take that back. (I love the Corvus :negative:)

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Nakar posted:

Hahaha yeah i undid my DNS thing and now i cant log unto their poo poo anymore i thought they fixed it?

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
I hope they give the VS something crazy powerful like the old ZOE. Man the NC/TR tears over that made my dick so hard.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Gobblecoque posted:

I hope they give the VS something crazy powerful like the old ZOE. Man the NC/TR tears over that made my dick so hard.

Okay but we get release Hacksaws back. Wanna talk tears? :getin:

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Gobblecoque posted:

Its getting like this with the PPA/lancer now which is hilarious--i love how they compare the graphs of the PPA against poo poo weapons but not against HE weapons. The PPA is literally a no drop fury with a large mag so unless you nerf it into the ground it will always be the best AI. Comparing the PPA to the marauder/can is like comparing a sniper rifle to an LMG because no one uses AI secondaries on the vanguard/prowler because those tanks are awesome with 1/2 where a magrider is a loving joke 1/2.

I'm going to laugh my rear end off if they add drop to the PPA hahahaha, oh whats this something that is benefiting from no drop? NOPE!

I love the suggestions for the lancer, 300m range and.... faster charge? yes that would totally be equal to popping out and shooting a rocket then ducking behind cover. Change the lancer to a continuous beam weapon with a huge clip like the gluon gun from half life 1 then you can make it 300m range haha.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Arghy posted:

Its getting like this with the PPA/lancer now which is hilarious--i love how they compare the graphs of the PPA against poo poo weapons but not against HE weapons. The PPA is literally a no drop fury with a large mag so unless you nerf it into the ground it will always be the best AI. Comparing the PPA to the marauder/can is like comparing a sniper rifle to an LMG because no one uses AI secondaries on the vanguard/prowler because those tanks are awesome with 1/2 where a magrider is a loving joke 1/2.

I'm going to laugh my rear end off if they add drop to the PPA hahahaha, oh whats this something that is benefiting from no drop? NOPE!

I love the suggestions for the lancer, 300m range and.... faster charge? yes that would totally be equal to popping out and shooting a rocket then ducking behind cover. Change the lancer to a continuous beam weapon with a huge clip like the gluon gun from half life 1 then you can make it 300m range haha.

Just give the PPA a bunch of bloom per shot alongside a good recoil recovery, bam problem solved. It's not a problem except in how easy it can be spammed, which is the case because every single "let's keep this from being spammed endlessly" sanity check added to all other grenade launchers was magically excluded from the PPA. Snipe at long range, hose down up close, like the Saron but it trades raw damage for unprecedented DPM

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Arghy posted:

The thing with the PPA complaints isn't really about nerfing the PPA, it's about reworking the other AI tank weapons to actually be useful. Right now they aren't used beacause they don't have the ability to engage at the ranges tanks engage infantry from. That's the complaint, not that the PPA is too good but that the other faction's options don't come anywhere close.

Epic High Five posted:

Just give the PPA a bunch of bloom per shot alongside a good recoil recovery, bam problem solved. It's not a problem except in how easy it can be spammed, which is the case because every single "let's keep this from being spammed endlessly" sanity check added to all other grenade launchers was magically excluded from the PPA. Snipe at long range, hose down up close, like the Saron but it trades raw damage for unprecedented DPM

That would actually be perfect. Imagine having to actually burst-fire the PPA, god forbid.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lots of stuff so far on Higby Pls but suffice to say that I'm going to be sporting a Gauss Rifle with tweaked stats and baked in HVA/comp/ADV grip.

That's right

A Gauss Rifle with HVA. poo poo's gonna be hitscan

edit - "If it's tracked by the API, it's going to be retroactive" and I assume anything on the directives examples is already tracked soooooo prepare to get an avalanche of poo poo on day 1 of directives, fellow turbospergs

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jul 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

o muerte posted:

The thing with the PPA complaints isn't really about nerfing the PPA, it's about reworking the other AI tank weapons to actually be useful. Right now they aren't used beacause they don't have the ability to engage at the ranges tanks engage infantry from. That's the complaint, not that the PPA is too good but that the other faction's options don't come anywhere close.

That would actually be perfect. Imagine having to actually burst-fire the PPA, god forbid.

I have literally only seen VS suggest buffing the marauder/can everyone else is saying nerf the PPA and you know SOE is going to do that, balance 2 weapons or nerf 1?

New lasher alt fire, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC35yrH5Xt8 up the RoF to 400 but make it useless beyond 40m so now its like a jackhammer!

• Locked thread