Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Horizontal Tree posted:

Fire Suppression isn't about healing (in anything other than an ESF), its about getting that bit of health back and stopping fire so you can get the gently caress out. If you're in a position where you need flares/smoke, you're in a bad position, and you're most likely dead anyway. Flares and smoke are both stupid.
Also lol at Harasser and ESF hit-and-run tactics not being the same play style

I can't remember the last time I lost my harasser to fire (has happened I know just very rarely), even dying to small arms is rare. Either I start to leave before I drop below 50% health and I make it fine or I take burst damage and die more or less instantly. Tell me the position i'm in where surviving because I hit smoke and saved 1/3 of my health is somehow worse than where i'm on fire.

And yes, harassers which don't fly through a 3 dimensional plane, don't have weapons that are generally effective across a hex, and can't brust away over a mountain top at 330 kph and clear a 6th of the map in 20 seconds are different.

Shooting at something and running away isn't exactly a narrowly defined style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

vigorous sodomy posted:

@ GOKU Leadership

You guys are really dropping the ball on bringing your newbies up to speed. Sent a tell to a GOKU dude stating how it was all ogre for me. His reply? 'Nice pun I guess?' GOKUs running around not knowing the love and life of #SHREK? Shame on you all.

No the shrek stuff is pretty terrible and only fun because it infuriates pubbies.

Soltech gorge on amerish--WHO IS THE DROOLING RETARDED IDIOT WHO DESIGNED THIS BASE? 2 loving bridges to get from the spawn to the point, 3 shielded sundy locations closer to the loving point THEN THE GODDAMN SPAWN. A teleport that takes you 10m TO THE GODDAMN RIGHT, not just 1 mountain overlooking the spawn BUT 2 HILLS ON EITHER SIDE OF THE POINT LOOKING TOWARDS THE SPAWN.

Seriously random placement in a loving circle would have built a better base then this.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

vigorous sodomy posted:

@ GOKU Leadership

You guys are really dropping the ball on bringing your newbies up to speed. Sent a tell to a GOKU dude stating how it was all ogre for me. His reply? 'Nice pun I guess?' GOKUs running around not knowing the love and life of #SHREK? Shame on you all.

At least they're mostly good at the game!

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Fire suppression is a lot better than smoke on a harasser. Thank you.

You shouldn't be in a position to be getting locked on or you've already hosed up.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Dear Higby,

I have over 10k kills on my SAW. I've tried to use the other LMG's but none of them can live up to the greatness that is the SAW. Please tell me that my devotion to the SAW will be rewarded with a GODSAW? I don't know if I can bring myself to use the others for long enough to complete the directive.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Fire suppression is a lot better than smoke on a harasser. Thank you.

You shouldn't be in a position to be getting locked on or you've already hosed up.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

How much damage does the Phoenix do compared to the shrike ? Because I sure do like the Shrike's ability to shoot mans well but sometimes it would be nice to have a more effective A/V weapon to go along with my Gauss Saw.

Or I could get the Tross...

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Get a phoenix. The more people who have a phoenix the better the phoenix gets.

Also it does decimator damage to vehicles.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Fart Car '97 posted:

How much damage does the Phoenix do compared to the shrike ? Because I sure do like the Shrike's ability to shoot mans well but sometimes it would be nice to have a more effective A/V weapon to go along with my Gauss Saw.

Or I could get the Tross...

With the damage multipliers, the Phoenix does a little bit more than decimator damage to vehicles. You can also use it to oneshot mana turrets, killing the operator if they're sitting it it when it goes up.

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010

Keeshhound posted:

With the damage multipliers, the Phoenix does a little bit more than decimator damage to vehicles. You can also use it to oneshot mana turrets, killing the operator if they're sitting it it when it goes up.

I'll be honest I sometimes set up mana turrets where I'm hard to snipe but within phoenix engagement range just to get a bunch of people shooting at me while I try to shoot down all the missiles. It's like one of those old rail shooters and immensely entertaining.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
A while ago I ran a small squad of VCO peeps as a AV SCREEEEEEE squad and the seven of us chased away and destroyed a bit of armor. Get a Phoenix. Coordinated Phoenix groups can easily alpha shot vehicles and blunt an armored offensive (or Zerg) nicely.

Also my iPad auto-capitalizes the z in Zerg. Interesting.

AuxiliaryPatroller
Jul 23, 2007
Harasser chat:

Fire suppression, radar, stealth, composite and NAR are all viable options, depending upon how and what you want to kill. Racer is the best chassis and the most fun once you harness the ultimate power of yolo-drifting. GSD is amazing but only for niche shield breaking excursions into bio lab or amp station v-bays. Turbo is the essential yin and yang that will both save and doom you.

Mine guard and smoke are boring and don't offer that much benefit. You won't be harmed by mines/lockons if you are going fast enough, staying off main paths, and using cover.

Radar can be solid for AI load outs, and stealth can be really good for AV work. Composite and NAR are both solid choices for either, or for busier fights where you will be shot at no matter what and you want to tank/rep more damage.

Halberd/enforcer/saron are all solid at lone infantry and AV work. Fury, and bulldog (marauder too) are passable AI options (more so for NC/TR), and good for amp stations and tech plants with closer range fights. The Vulcan is high risk/reward AV. Basilisk/kobalt/walker/ranger/canister are all dumb or meh. Kobalt has potential if setup for long range AI work. PPA is currently god tier (and has been for a long time).

Enhanced targeting is a good implant for the gunner, and the driver should run awareness or maybe EOD. Both should be Engis and should carry c4 or tank mines in case you get chased or want to setup a good trap.

In general harassers work best at mid to long range in sustained engagement, or hit and run type stuff in very close range when you are flanking or otherwise have surprise on your side. If safe, stop and get good shots, but in general it is best to keep moving. Always have an exit strategy, and try to keep 50% of your turbo saved up to help with that escape. Use sudden changes of direction in/behind cover to better evade fire. Never be the main focus or only visible target to your enemy until they are already dead- focused fire or your own turbo will be your death most of the time.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Mechwarrior circa ~1998 was my love.

TR CHAT: WTB TMG 50 lessons PST

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Periphery posted:

Dear Higby,

I have over 10k kills on my SAW. I've tried to use the other LMG's but none of them can live up to the greatness that is the SAW. Please tell me that my devotion to the SAW will be rewarded with a GODSAW? I don't know if I can bring myself to use the others for long enough to complete the directive.
You should be able to get auraxium landmarks for every 1000 kills yielding more certs and godgun credit each time :unsmigghh:

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Never mind the TMG is a stupid worthless piece of poo poo.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Periphery posted:

Dear Higby,

We have to remember that one of the reasons for these directive guns is to get folks to buy regular guns, so I doubt they'll change it.

An idea could be to allow multiple auraxiums worth of kills on a single gun to unlock the directive as long as you've unlocked however many guns. That would be super transparently pay2win as gently caress, but who cares.

vigorous sodomy posted:

Never mind the TMG is a stupid worthless piece of poo poo.

I wouldn't use it over the CARV or MSW-R, but still haha what an impressively wrong opinion you have there.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Arghy posted:

No the shrek stuff is pretty terrible and only fun because it infuriates pubbies.
Once again Arghy is by far the wisest and best poster in this thread and you all keep ragging on him jut because you know it to be true but are too scared to admit it.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Gobblecoque posted:

We have to remember that one of the reasons for these directive guns is to get folks to buy regular guns, so I doubt they'll change it.

An idea could be to allow multiple auraxiums worth of kills on a single gun to unlock the directive as long as you've unlocked however many guns. That would be super transparently pay2win as gently caress, but who cares.

I wouldn't use it over the CARV or MSW-R, but still haha what an impressively wrong opinion you have there.

I'm only using it so I can Aurax it and get my 5th LMG auraxed so I can get whatever unique snowflake LMG we get with these directive things.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I like to run smoke on my harasser so that I can roleplay a squid as I escape, leaving a giant cloud of smoke in my wake to obscure the vision of my enemies

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

Arghy posted:

I normally work 4 days a week so when i get the 3 days to play I loving PLAY though one of those days is usually social night so i can only play 3-4 hours. I basically play 8 hours for 1 day if i'm lucky otherwise its 2-4 hours for 2 days then not at all for 4 days.

I also barely get 7 hours of sleep every day because i'm out jogging twice a week and surfing atleast once every week then i'm hanging out with girls or drinking with coworkers. Basically i get like 6 hours of sleep a day then just be active as gently caress, hiking, surfing, painting, farming and making crazy healthy meals. I spend nearly 1 hour twice a day making some crazy healthy meal that consumes atleast 1 head of kale/collards. Factor in trying to get laid and your free time also gos to hell, play PS2 or go to the coffee shop with that crazy hot girl and talk about politics with her?

I miss the days of playing dwarf fortress for 9 hours listening to the college radio because i was unemployed, the few days off i have i try to cherish my gaming time haha.

I live in hawaii btw and go to college for the spring/winter semesters so that 8 hours of gaming on 1 day is further reduced by homework.

Basically death is certain.

ITT Arghy's life is too good to play Planetside 2.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
Higby/anyone else, can you confirm the new Sniper rifle variant for the VS is going to be a reskinned but better phaseshift?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
If anyone wonders why TR often jump ship, it's because this is our squad/platoon window every day:

You'd quit too if all you had to pick from was AOD, AOD, or AOD.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

vigorous sodomy posted:

If anyone wonders why TR often jump ship, it's because this is our squad/platoon window every day:

You'd quit too if all you had to pick from was AOD, AOD, or AOD.

Clearly, since it sure as gently caress isn't your weapons and gear. Because gently caress Pounders, holy poo poo.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Fuzz posted:

Clearly, since it sure as gently caress isn't your weapons and gear. Because gently caress Pounders, holy poo poo.

Pounders you say ?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Fuzz posted:

What's the hate about pounders? They're lovely weak rear end poop nuggets with zero splash and 2 rounds per mag and zero weapon upgrades. You have to be standing stock still to be killed by them.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

vigorous sodomy posted:

What's the hate about pounders? They're lovely weak rear end poop nuggets with zero splash and 4 rounds per mag, WITH the upgraded ammo capacity. You have to be standing stock still to be killed by them.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

vigorous sodomy posted:

What's the hate about pounders? They're lovely weak rear end poop nuggets with zero splash and 2 rounds per mag and zero weapon upgrades. You have to be standing stock still to be killed by them.
I can hit moving targets with them pretty easily. It's just an arc, once you get that down it's no different than leading anything else.

They kill infantry in two salvos, they wreck other MAXes, they do gobs of damage to enemy vehicles. They're anti-everything. Not as good as pre-nerf Fractures were anti-everything, but nearly so.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

vigorous sodomy posted:

TR.txt? Source your quotes if so.

ProfessorGroove
Jun 10, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Yeah when I'm in my NC max pounders instantly mean run the gently caress away, that is if I can figure out that's what I'm being shot with fast enough to not die because the projectile are also basically invisible. Funny thing is they're still not even close to as good as they were in ps1.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Nakar posted:

I can hit moving targets with them pretty easily. It's just an arc, once you get that down it's no different than leading anything else.

They kill infantry in two salvos, they wreck other MAXes, they do gobs of damage to enemy vehicles. They're anti-everything. Not as good as pre-nerf Fractures were anti-everything, but nearly so.

Plus when you use them with Lockdown they get to Burster-levels of "holy poo poo I'm not even using the same weapon"

Also they have 4 round mags not 2 round

I found it took me about the same amount of time to learn to reliably blap people with the Pounder as with the Falcons, only the Pounders are way more lethal and have lockdown to fall back on

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe

vigorous sodomy posted:

most of those were maxes too.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

what happened posted:

most of those were maxes too.

what in the gently caress. This was with some beta era pounder where they were like 4 shot bulldogs only max arms. You need to score two direct hits per arm to kill 1 infantry.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jul 20, 2014

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

vigorous sodomy posted:

what in the gently caress. This was with some beta era pounder where they were like 4 shot bulldogs only max arms. You need to score two direct hits per arm to kill 1 infantry.

Yeah that's really not that hard to do. Comets need the same amount of hits, except they only have 2 rounds per mag

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe

vigorous sodomy posted:

that was just a few month ago, in February. Pounders destroy maxes.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Getting direct hits on infantry with pounds isn't too hard. It's a bit spotty of course and you can have little blips where you're doing zero damage, but in a lot of cases you can consistently land hits and get good kills. Plus once you get a feel for the arc they're good against vehicles at a decent range as well. I prefer pounders to comets.

And yeah, put some bodies between you and a MAX crash and lockdown and you can rip enemy MAXs to shreds. It helps that lockdown is also better than ZOE.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Away all Goats posted:

Yeah that's really not that hard to do. Comets need the same amount of hits, except they only have 2 rounds per mag

But no need to lead or adjust for drop because no bullet drop :shepface:

But real talk the TMG is a total piece of poo poo and I hate it.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jul 20, 2014

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Two days ago I locked down on the Scarred Mesa landing pad and arced my pounder shots over the rock next to the road halfway to Red Ridge to wreck their Sundy. Pounders are stupid good.
Also I have dual Cosmos and Mutilators and I've converted to the NEVER STOP SHOOTING school of AI Max warfare.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

vigorous sodomy posted:

good troll

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

vigorous sodomy posted:

It definitely needs a buff, much like the CARV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
All the TR weapons need a buff. Like, I aimed my gun at someone's head and fired and all my bullets hit him and killed him, then I had enough ammo to kill another 3 guys before reloading. I should be able to kill like 40 guys with my 40 round mag, each shot from a TR gun should kill someone. The damage will be offset by the longer reload times and the fact I have to compensate for drop.

• Locked thread