Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chance
Apr 28, 2002

sitchelin posted:

I've been gone for a while, what's all this talk about new weapons?

That's a very vague question so I'll guess at the answer. The next patch has a directive (achievement) system where after getting 5 auraxium medals in a weapon class you get a special version of the default gun, with a special shader and locked attachments that behave different from stock. Basically you get actual prestige weapons to show your epeen of medaling weapons. Also they have talked about getting special variants of explosive that might have different explosion effects or whatnot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Finally raxed both my cosmos, doing dual exmag blueshifts now and its really annoying having to actually aim now. I gotta say the LSW may be boring as poo poo and just another orion/polaris/SV88 but once you get the hang of it that thing just loving clicks, gonna miss it when i rax it because there is literally no reason to use it other then getting another purple medal.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

SAW S aurax humming along nicely, gotta say this gun is an incredible gun once it clicks and the SPA actually does help. SPA/Comp/exmags/IRNV may as well be canon for this gun

Was pulling 7+ KDR with it despite also platoon leading tonight :psyduck:

Just gotta finish this one, then the Anchor, then the Merc and I get all directives guns day 1. Glad I saved the best for last!

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Did AOD do their call out for you guys? aodClan.net! Every time i fight TR i'm now yelling AODCLAN.COM!

They also learned why you dont brag in the beginning at hurakan haha 30% VS and they got loving pushed out.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fart Car '97 posted:

Thread needs less people spergin over numbers and more people postin gifs of sweet pr0 shots

http://www.gfycat.com/ShortTerrificLaughingthrush

A little late on this but :stare:

Man you really did take to the AP/AP Vanguard quickly. Welcome to Funtown though, it may not farm ya as many certs and one of the lesser MBTs will but holy hell if it isn't just so much fun.

Was that during the Great Sweep of Kawhatee where TR had 3:1 numbers on us inside and we still had enough time to pull Vanguards from 2 bases back and wipe their spawns out before they touched the point? That was fantastic

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Chance posted:

That's a very vague question so I'll guess at the answer. The next patch has a directive (achievement) system where after getting 5 auraxium medals in a weapon class you get a special version of the default gun, with a special shader and locked attachments that behave different from stock. Basically you get actual prestige weapons to show your epeen of medaling weapons. Also they have talked about getting special variants of explosive that might have different explosion effects or whatnot.

Suddenly I regret my 4600 nova kills...

I wish they would let you "Re-Aurax" things and have them count. But I guess part of the purpose is probably to sell more guns.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Xae posted:

Suddenly I regret my 4600 nova kills...

I wish they would let you "Re-Aurax" things and have them count. But I guess part of the purpose is probably to sell more guns.

On Episode 2 of Higby Pls they said they want to add the ability to re-aurax guns. Getting Auraxium 2, Auraxium 3, etc. Up to a certain point, where you get some sort of ridiculous reward.

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

Xae posted:

But I guess part of the purpose is probably to sell more guns.

Yep

Malorn posted:

And before anyone freaks out about platinum guns not counting, we have something special planned for those

Yes, promotional guns have their own directive tree :)

Promotional guns: Gold SMGs, Gold default pistols, all -P NS guns, all Flare guns, Deep Freeze, AE ES launchers, heartstring and blackheart.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2bbj52/twitter_xalorn_promotional_guns_platinum_etc_have/

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

Segmentation Fault posted:

On Episode 2 of Higby Pls they said they want to add the ability to re-aurax guns. Getting Auraxium 2, Auraxium 3, etc. Up to a certain point, where you get some sort of ridiculous reward.

I want a Golden Lib Dong already.
Malorn has deffo said that they want for this to be a thing in the future but who knows if/when they'll actually implement it. I'd get a free thousand certs just for my multiple Dalton 'raxs

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Arghy posted:

Finally raxed both my cosmos, doing dual exmag blueshifts now and its really annoying having to actually aim now. I gotta say the LSW may be boring as poo poo and just another orion/polaris/SV88 but once you get the hang of it that thing just loving clicks, gonna miss it when i rax it because there is literally no reason to use it other then getting another purple medal.

I also found the LSW click and somehow have worse stats on the SV88 compared to the LSW. I'm guessing the HVA threw me off. 400 kills for the ursa aurax here and I cant wait to start the polaris. It'll be the last aurax minus NS-15p, lasher, and the beetleguise, but I wont touch heavy for awhile.

Aaod
May 29, 2004

Arghy posted:

Did AOD do their call out for you guys? aodClan.net! Every time i fight TR i'm now yelling AODCLAN.COM!

They also learned why you dont brag in the beginning at hurakan haha 30% VS and they got loving pushed out.

The response from the random TR pubbies when we kicked AOD out and pushed to the next base was hilarious. Two of them complained in yell chat about VS overpop and how VS was overpowered. Once AOD ragequit the continent and went to fight as far away from VS as possible the continent population for TR dropped almost 10%.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Fart Car '97 posted:

Thread needs less people spergin over numbers and more people postin gifs of sweet pr0 shots

http://www.gfycat.com/ShortTerrificLaughingthrush

How do you make gifs from stuff?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I just love that AOD tried to take the Ginyu Force Rules! gimmick and turn it on its head, only to get poo poo on instantly by their own faction.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Gonkish posted:

I just love that AOD tried to take the Ginyu Force Rules! gimmick and turn it on its head, only to get poo poo on instantly by their own faction.

Please explain.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Gonkish posted:

I remember when 903 hinged on *Pat Cleburne's every word and they would mockingly blast GINYU FORCE RULES at us whenever TR dumped their continent population into Quartz Ridge/Howling Pass/[lovely base here], confident that they had beaten GOKU on their own merit and not the fact that they outnumbered us 3:1.

*For those not in the know, Pat Cleburne was a psychopath who hated GOKU and took every opportunity to demonstrate how superior he is to us. He failed and in a supreme ragequit, deleted all of his characters.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Mark Brouhard posted:

Please explain.

AOD hellzerged a lane with three platoons, roundly beating down opposition with sheer numbers. Every time they took a base with 60-70% hex pop, they'd shout "ClanAOD.net" like we shout "Ginyu Force Rules". Then they hit Hurakan Amp Station, where they had 61% pop through pretty much the entire thing, yet failed to even so much as to even touch the point. Between us, DA, AC, and some other random outfits we held them off to the point that they couldn't keep both gens down long enough to actually get more than half a squad inside the plant proper. (Mind you, 61% pop when you're at 48+ in the hex is like around three platoons.)

Honda had us ping-ponging with suicide Engi rushes between the gens just trolling the poo poo out of them by constantly repairing the fuckers. They'd wub the last one only to find the other one repaired in a few seconds. Repeat over about 15-20 mins. and AOD just decided to go as far away from VS as possible. They left the continent en masse, and TR pop on Hossin dropped by over 10%. Basically, they actually did what everyone claims that GOKU does. ClanAOD.net.

Gonkish fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Jul 22, 2014

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe
Yelling GInyu Force Rules is funny, yelling ClanAOD.net is shameless advertisement.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Like they need advertisement when they have literally a dozen open squads any primetime night...

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Gonkish posted:

Gonkish posted:

AOD hellzerged a lane with three platoons, roundly beating down opposition with sheer numbers. Every time they took a base with 60-70% hex pop, they'd shout "ClanAOD.net" like we shout "Ginyu Force Rules". Then they hit Hurakan Amp Station, where they had 61% pop through pretty much the entire thing, yet failed to even so much as to even touch the point. Between us, DA, AC, and some other random outfits we held them off to the point that they couldn't keep both gens down long enough to actually get more than half a squad inside the plant proper. (Mind you, 61% pop when you're at 48+ in the hex is like around three platoons.)

Honda had us ping-ponging with suicide Engi rushes between the gens just trolling the poo poo out of them by constantly repairing the fuckers. They'd wub the last one only to find the other one repaired in a few seconds. Repeat over about 15-20 mins. and AOD just decided to go as far away from VS as possible. They left the continent en masse, and TR pop on Hossin dropped by over 10%. Basically, they actually did what everyone claims that GOKU does. ClanAOD.net.

Hilarious. I like how they advertise their lovely website, like AOD needs more fucky dickfingers to join it.

Also Harukan Amp should be referred to as Hadoken Amp, and you should sound like Ryu when you say it.

"Become part of a gaming family, thriving on success" ClanAOD.net

Ugh if you can stomach the intro video it shows their circle jerk promotion anouncement. I love (hate) outfits and guilds that use military rank structure so they can condescend to players from imaginary authority. I wonder how monstrous of a tool one of the O6s must be.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Jul 22, 2014

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

If you dont own a char higher then BR50 on your account you should be given a ton of free upgrades.

You choose from a selection of infantry/air/vehicle bundles choosing 1 from each option to beef up a class. It would basically give you a fully certed starting gun with scope/grip and 3 ranks in all the important stuff. Vehicles/air would be the same, except rank 2 for the slots and optics/mag/ammo for all the guns. You would get rank 2 in all the current standard infantry poo poo you already get and 1 rank in everything for vehicles.

Newbies gotta deal with BR100s with certs out the rear end and holy gently caress is it not fun trying to save up 10 certs so you can get a loving scope while getting killed by a BR100 who has a fully tricked out gun and 7k certs sitting there. What is the harm of having a newbie pull a sunder with rank 2 racer/blockade/FS? why must they just not pull sundys because they dont have the certs to give it anything?

Imagine if you started the game and chose the ESF bundle and now your rocking a racer/NAR/FS with a nose gun that has zoom/mag/ammo even if everything is rank 1. You'd feel like you actually had a loving chance instead of pulling a stock ESF that has nothing and getting torn a new rear end by a BR100 sperg. Imagine a newbie pulling his max that came with 2 burster arms and rank 2 flak/charge why he'd actually loving survive and do something and not quit the game instantly.

Cert inflation is huge so unless you give newbies a huge exp boost they need a major helping hand because malorn knows theres no loving documentation for the game.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Coming soon to a NS pistol near you:

Also comes in 2edgy4me Skull and random TR soldier edition.

There's pink and gold, but they look kind of similar to one another. These can already be bought. There are 6 in the store, one for each of the 6 NS pistols (underboss and commissioner, plus their four combined cosmetic variants).

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Outfit decal flashlight gel.

Get a bunch of people to project the GOKU disco-goatse on a wall.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Arghy posted:

If you dont own a char higher then BR50 on your account you should be given a ton of free upgrades.

You choose from a selection of infantry/air/vehicle bundles choosing 1 from each option to beef up a class. It would basically give you a fully certed starting gun with scope/grip and 3 ranks in all the important stuff. Vehicles/air would be the same, except rank 2 for the slots and optics/mag/ammo for all the guns. You would get rank 2 in all the current standard infantry poo poo you already get and 1 rank in everything for vehicles.

Newbies gotta deal with BR100s with certs out the rear end and holy gently caress is it not fun trying to save up 10 certs so you can get a loving scope while getting killed by a BR100 who has a fully tricked out gun and 7k certs sitting there. What is the harm of having a newbie pull a sunder with rank 2 racer/blockade/FS? why must they just not pull sundys because they dont have the certs to give it anything?

Imagine if you started the game and chose the ESF bundle and now your rocking a racer/NAR/FS with a nose gun that has zoom/mag/ammo even if everything is rank 1. You'd feel like you actually had a loving chance instead of pulling a stock ESF that has nothing and getting torn a new rear end by a BR100 sperg. Imagine a newbie pulling his max that came with 2 burster arms and rank 2 flak/charge why he'd actually loving survive and do something and not quit the game instantly.

Cert inflation is huge so unless you give newbies a huge exp boost they need a major helping hand because malorn knows theres no loving documentation for the game.

What documentation do you need? Do you think anyone needs instructions on 'shoot mans, get certs, buy poo poo with certs?' It's 3 easy steps!

A BR100 can kill a BR10 with a stock weapon, and most of them do use stock weapons because they're the best. To be fair, a BR10 can kill a BR100 with a stock weapon too, because stock weapons are the best. Are you mad because you rolled an alt and see how much it sucks to start over with nothing?

Holy poo poo I can't believe it hasn't been taken yet: New NC guy: MensRights

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Jul 22, 2014

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Arghy posted:

Documentation is one thing, presentation is just as important. Having a UI that doesn't completely suck would be a start. Battlefield lists everything you need to know about loadouts on one screen. In PS2 it's not immediately obvious that you should equip something in your suit slot or that you can upgrade your medic/repair tool. If anything, SOE has deliberately moved away from centralising priority information when it removed weapons from the class tab years ago and then suit upgrades.

Dota 2 has a tutorial system that ties into 'account' levels and the loadout screen. You already know roughly how many certs anyone between BR2-5 will have, a new player will definitely notice a popup that gives them NV and a 3.4 RDS on their most used weapon or certs to put into the medic gun.
There'd be little harm giving new players S-AMS with a tutorial telling them about base boundaries and careful positioning. Most importantly these pointers should kick in several times until they reach BR20, offering free attachments for vehicles and weapons until they have a well rounded loadout.

PS2 would benefit from cert donation from a outfit/mentor program (probably unlikely) and a performance review of their most played class, offering a large cert discount on a CQC or long range weapon like the VX6-7 or SABR. That offers them some leeway if their initial choice with the beginner quiz doesn't match their current playstyle.

Once new players have settled in long enough to experience quality gameplay, SOE can unleash the "Maybe you should buy the [HA] bundle?" or UPGRADE NOW!! after the gradual introduction period.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Ass_Burgerer posted:

How do you make gifs from stuff?

MLG PRO 2014 .GIF GUIDE
Required things:
Nvidia GPU w/ Geforce Experiencetm
VLC
http://www.gfycat.com

1) Have an Nvidia card with Shadowplay, set it up to record the last 1-5minutes of your e-life.
2) Hit alt+F10 after every MLG PRO 360 NO SCOPE HEADSHOT or otherwise cool thing that happens, which saves the video to C:/[user]/Libraries/Videos/Planetside2
3) Open the video file in VLC, using the little record button (above play) and just record the few seconds you want to upload. This will create a new, shorter video in C:/[user]/Libraries/Videos
4) Upload the video to gfycat.com. Just choose the file as if it were a .gif, Gfycat will take care of all the conversions and everything for you. Gfycat owns because it produces both a .gif (for these poo poo rear end dumb forums) and a .webm for the kewl kids websites. Sit back and enjoy your inflated ego as scrubs marvel over your skillz.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

vigorous sodomy posted:

New NC guy: MensRights

a pale imitation of the original

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

vigorous sodomy posted:

Hilarious. I like how they advertise their lovely website, like AOD needs more fucky dickfingers to join it.
I was under the impression they just invited anyone they saw and/or anyone who joined one of their 12 public squads. Why would they even need a website?

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
New player experience next steps either need a spending guide for certs or new players need to come equipped with the items that people regularly recommend to new players (either at BR1 or as rewards as they hit level milestones) just to make them functional... to respond to every situation the game could throw at them. A lot of people already agree that the majority of stock infantry weapons are among the best or most flexible in the game, and that a starter player should get a G2A lock on launcher to cheaply respond with AA since a single-burster MAX is flimsy and terribly costly.

A cert-spending guide would be great because I already forgot the pros and cons of the two AA secondaries except that one of them is better than the other.

Also yeah, the Emerald TR hellzergs fell apart once they hit a major base that asked for their players to leave the safety of their vehicles.
In regard to pubbies in general though, I have been trying to pull more players into the idea of lancer nests and help teach through experience how to catch vehicle zergs out of position. It is slow, relatively unrewarding, and the only time I see an actual response is when an outfit notices the position and responds. Then some pretty exciting fights start because TR/NC respond pretty viciously to its presence. It's great fun, especially at areas like Indar Comms Array which can start a prolonged fight over the ridge to its west.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Nakar posted:

I was under the impression they just invited anyone they saw and/or anyone who joined one of their 12 public squads. Why would they even need a website?

They have a website so you can apply for the "full" AOD experience.

Source: My TR alt was in AOD briefly before leaving for Wolverines (smaller outfit, but the people were pretty good) and then settling in K0TH.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

its a real pain in the rear end to get certs as a new player. Everyone's having a grand ole time at a biolab farm and I'm there just repeatedly dying over and over because all my poo poo sucks.

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

FirstPersonShitter posted:

its a real pain in the rear end to get certs as a new player. Everyone's having a grand ole time at a biolab farm and I'm there just repeatedly dying over and over because all my poo poo sucks.

This was me a week ago. Max out your medic healgun and do a lot of war janitor. Get the "summerreward" promo code gun. If you're playing with [goku] then the lancer is a safe next buy after the healgun. By then you should have a better handle on the game. When all else fails just stick to your squad like glue and keep everyone alive.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Go Medic, revive the people dying endlessly and avoid sticking your head out too much. Certs a plenty.

Other options include Engineer Ammo Packs, Infiltrator Motion Detectors or bringing a Sunderer. I'm always pulling a Sunderer for the certs and it rarely fails to provide thanks to those new ribbons.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Its not that your poo poo sucks (I mean, it might, but the vast majority of the stock kits are good), it just takes some time to learn how to farm. Every little space had idiosyncrasies to it, and it takes a while to figure them out.

If you're dying, you aren't farming. Dying means you're running around getting farmed. Farming means finding a defensible spot with good cover and an escape route, typically looking into a major firing lane without being in the actual firing lane, and killing everyone who enters the killzone. Or sitting behind a shield picking off people who poke their heads out. Or sitting there providing ammo/heals/reses for those already in the good spots.

It's tempting to want to jump into the firing lane because of the prospect of lots-o-kills, but really you're just gonna get shot in the head or die to grenade spam. Think of it this way: Don't go into a meat grinder. Ever. If you see an area that's just shitloads of people shooting dying on either side, don't go into that area. You're going to think "Well I'll just poke around the corner and shoot a guy then duck back...". No, you won't. You'll get shot in the face by 5 people at once and die. Crawl around the edges until you find a good spot contribute to the wall of bodies in a way that doesn't involve being a part of the wall.

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jul 22, 2014

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
I don't get how anyone Auraxiums ONE weapon, let alone five in one category. I'm BR 62, and the gun I have the most kills with, I only have like 880. And it's the Mini Chaingun, which I think I had several hundred of those kills before they put medals on that gun, so I still would need a whole lot to get Aurax on it.

Does that even count as an LMG for that, anyway? The MCG is weird and different, after all.

Anyway I keep switching between guns because I'm indecisive, that probably doesn't help for getting medals.

EDIT - How much do people who have like five auraxiums play the game? BR 100s, minimum of three hours every day? I've got Mario Kart to play too, dammit.

HJE-Cobra fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jul 22, 2014

Dumlefudge
Feb 25, 2013

Playing Engineer is a decent option for getting started IMO, just toss ammo beside a clump of allies and repair any MAXes that are hanging around. As much as people talk about going Medic for early certs, I've find it to be pretty painful without having ranked up your Medigun a few times because
  • reviving people is more lucrative than healing but, with a low level Medigun, it's very easy to get killed,
  • people with higher-ranked Mediguns will be able to get revives more easily since they revive so much faster from a much greater distance,
  • and they heal people up much faster (resulting in fewer XP ticks for your healing if there are multiple people healing 1 person)

However, once you do manage to put a few certs into Medic (the first few ranks of Medigun are alright, I think the cert progression is 10-30-50-100-150-500 but I may be wrong), your XP gain does start to ramp up pretty fast.

At least with Engineer, I think the closest ammo pack to a player provides the ammo so it's hard not to get a regular flow of XP ticks unless you deliberately drop the ammo pack out of the way. MAX repairs aren't as plentiful overall compared to regular healing, but they're slower overall (I think) so an additional Engineer helping out won't gimp your XP gain as much as an additional Medic.

Dumlefudge fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jul 22, 2014

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Arghy posted:

I still maintain that they should have some sort of way to reset or refund certs, either whole or in part. I still remember the pain of being low-BR without premium, grinding and doing everything possible to squeeze out that last little bit of xp so I could afford a second brick of C4 on my engineer... And then my sudden anger and confusion on realizing that it doesn't carry over to my LA or Medic, and I would need to cert those out separately. Doubly so since this was all before VR Training. If there was some way to get those certs back I would have jumped on it in a heartbeat. Not to mention the certs I wasted on 6.0 scopes for guns I never use, increasing the speed of hacking as an Infiltrator, and God knows what other poo poo that I've managed to make myself forget about.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

HJE-Cobra posted:

I don't get how anyone Auraxiums ONE weapon, let alone five in one category. I'm BR 62, and the gun I have the most kills with, I only have like 880. And it's the Mini Chaingun, which I think I had several hundred of those kills before they put medals on that gun, so I still would need a whole lot to get Aurax on it.

Does that even count as an LMG for that, anyway? The MCG is weird and different, after all.

Anyway I keep switching between guns because I'm indecisive, that probably doesn't help for getting medals.

EDIT - How much do people who have like five auraxiums play the game? BR 100s, minimum of three hours every day? I've got Mario Kart to play too, dammit.

I have a VS BR 63 from launch and they only have two guns in the 2k kill region, the VX67 and solstice SF fed with prenerf UBG. I'd guess people knew which guns they were going to use from the beta or bought the christmas specials and stuck with them. They might have planned out their alts after playing for a bit. I don't like playing for more than one hour at a time and briggs has fluctuated wildly in the past so I try to make the most of it. My BR35 TR medic for instance has aurax'd the TRV with the SABR ~400 kills away. With the VR range it's not that bad compared to the old days.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Dumlefudge posted:

Playing Engineer is a decent option for getting started IMO, just toss ammo beside a clump of allies and repair any MAXes that are hanging around. As much as people talk about going Medic for early certs, I've find it to be pretty painful without having ranked up your Medigun a few times because
  • reviving people is more lucrative than healing but, with a low level Medigun, it's very easy to get killed,
  • people with higher-ranked Mediguns will be able to get revives more easily since they revive so much faster from a much greater distance,
  • and they heal people up much faster (resulting in fewer XP ticks for your healing if there are multiple people healing 1 person)

Agreein w/ this. As a new medic everyone's just gonna do your job better than you.

Imo if you're trying to grind a farm as a new player the best way to do it is either as engineer, dropping ammo and repairing maxes, or as a straight up HA flinging a non-stop stream of rockets into the fray until you find a good safe spot to farm with your LMG. Both of those classes are really effective out of the gate, whereas infil/LA/Medic generally require some certs pumped into them before they're really good.

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jul 22, 2014

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

"gently caress it ill just buy all of these shotguns to see what the differences are."

protip: other than being auto/semi auto they're all the exact same.

Fart Car '97 posted:

Agreein w/ this. As a new medic everyone's just gonna do your job better than you.

Imo if you're trying to grind a farm as a new player the best way to do it is either as engineer, dropping ammo and repairing maxes, or as a straight up HA flinging a non-stop stream of rockets into the fray until you find a good safe spot to farm with your LMG.

I went HA when I first started to just play Basic Shooter Grunt and not be hosed up by everything else. It was probably the best because you're not bad at killing any specific thing. I switched to LA which is either a really big hit or a really big miss.

jokes fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jul 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Also as a new player don't ignore the stock MBT/Lightning as well. If you play conservative it's easy to rack up kills in a farm with either, and you if it gets too hot you can just hop out and enjoy the ammo supply farm.

• Locked thread