Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Cant wait for them to come on test so i can get depressed about having a loving pulsar/solstice be the fancy guns--why cant they make VS a loving terminus/pulsar C?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Arghy posted:

Cant wait for them to come on test so i can get depressed about having a loving pulsar/solstice be the fancy guns--why cant they make VS a loving terminus/pulsar C?

You're getting an extended Mag Orion. It ain't all bad.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Well I guess its nothing... I just got my poo poo pushed in pretty loving hard because nobody good is on for NC right now, I give up on this game, it's no fun at all if your outfit is awol. So gently caress this poo poo.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

I know I'm a few pages late, but how do ANY of you bear having in-game prox chat on? Mine lasted about 5 minutes after the first time I installed the game.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It would be awesome if people would follow tactical stuff, but nobody does so dont bother even playing this garbage game in the first place.
EDIT: And before anyone says something stupid, I am in GOON/Higbys Heroes, but there dosent seem to be anyone playing atthe moment, so Id say dont bother with this poo poo.
EDIT: You can kick me out if you want, it dosent change what I said one bit, this game is crap. Go play Battlefield or something...

Dreadwroth fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Jul 24, 2014

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

loving lol, guess GODSAW isn't just a placeholder and is now officially canon

I love you right now Higby

Also those Auraxium Sniper Rifles just utterly blow the Railjack out of the water lol

edit - hahahaha holy poo poo. The Tempest looks like it's going to be a Cyclone w/ HVA, exmags, and a special barrel that improves ADS accuracy at the cost of more vertical recoil (as it stands SMGs do not get more accurate when ADSing).

It's going to go from "the Cyclone is our best CQC carbine haha" to "the Tempest is our best close range carbine, period. (also it's available to all classes)

Ugh, the Butcher? Not a :rolleyes: big enough.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

After reading that I'm happy I decided on a whim after I auraxed the SAW to stop using it and go for EM6 and GD-22 ones rather than any other weapon classes. Looks like I'm going to be playing HA for ever.

I have to actually use the EM1 now though, ugh. Oh, and the NS-15, but I'm totally OK with that.

VVVV I've characters across all factions on four servers, my main is NC.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Clamps McGraw posted:

I know I'm a few pages late, but how do ANY of you bear having in-game prox chat on? Mine lasted about 5 minutes after the first time I installed the game.

I've honestly hardly ever had a problem. Are VS a special kind of poo poo with it or something? You can hit Enter on the Numpad and silence anyone who's being particularly shrill.

Almost all Prox Chat for me is people thanking me for Resses, apologizing for TK's and occasionally using it for communicating something useful. Maybe I lead a charmed life!

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Arghy posted:

A good thing we get such heavy hitters as the Orion +15 rounds, while the NC get a loving 150 round LMG that still deals 200 damage. But my long reload you might say! It's a good thing you have 150 rounds of 200 damage bullets; reloading is for after the battle son, not during!

A FESTIVE SKELETON fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Jul 24, 2014

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
All I want to see happen is having an entire platoon with a single valkyrie pilot for every 2 mans, all engineers and dropping anti tank mines along a road that an enemy armor column is heading. I mean running out there on foot and you risk some heat sperg sniping you, instead get a bunch of valkyries to do a quick flyby dropping 4-8 mines per ship.

Or do what the NC does and replace gal with valks with an engineer passenger dropping his AT mines while a heavy is on the other side dropping his c4 then firing a rocket into the sundy.

EDIT: Also the justification of a longer reload time for more bullets (and even the highest damaging ones) sounds like something a TR player would unironically claim that their weapons aren't powerful.

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011

Dreadwroth posted:

It would be awesome if people would follow tactical stuff, but nobody does so dont bother even playing this garbage game in the first place.
EDIT: And before anyone says something stupid, I am in GOON/Higbys Heroes, but there dosent seem to be anyone playing atthe moment, so Id say dont bother with this poo poo.
EDIT: You can kick me out if you want, it dosent change what I said one bit, this game is crap. Go play Battlefield or something...

It was 3-5 AM in the US on a weekday when you logged on for an american eastern outfit on an american east server

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Sard posted:

All this talk of shooting ground targets with the Valkyrie, how's the Valkyrie gonna stand up to tank fire, how close does it have to fly to tanks, how useful are passengers going to be while shooting dumbfires at vehicles. You people are disappointing.

Your passengers should be G2A-equipped heavies making GBS threads on ESFs, and you should be using the guided missile to knock Liberators down. The "anti-air" Liberator is going to have nothing on this monster.

Did you say dual striker heavies with whatever you want as a gunner turret? I think you did.

Alkydere posted:

Alternatively: a pair of Burster MAXes.

Maxes are explicitly disallowed from sitting in the door-gunner seats for this reason. Dual bursters or dual falcon/pounders were literally the first thing everyone thought of.

Away all Goats posted:

Have they confirmed MAXes can ride the Valkyrie yet? I had my doubts but after seeing how huge it is it looks like it could easily fit two maxes.

Maxes are explicitly disallowed from getting in the Valk.

ProfessorCurly posted:

Honestly, I think the TR ultra-special pistol should have been called the Dictator instead of the President. Seems more in-theme.

Seriously? Commissar.

Dreadwroth posted:

You sound really mad that everyone isn't playing the game at 3am local time on a US east coast server. Maybe you should take a break for 12 hours until the players are actually awake.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

I'd make a TR alt if the pistol was called the El Presidente.

Epic High Five posted:

Also it's significantly worse than the Carnage in every single way except it's got ~100 dps on it. Not a good equation considering the Carnage has similar dps to the Cyclone

The thing I'm liking about it is I win a lot of "fair" fights with more skilled players, because I can totally kill a HA with NMG before they can kill me due to that extra 100 dps. I play really aggressively (recklessly), so being able to barge in places and not die to that poo poo is pretty exciting.

quote:

You'll very likely be BEYOND ready for a change when you get near auraxing it.

Probably! Still more exciting than an effective 3rd reaper aurax.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Hahaha yeah late night/early morning is really bad in about 9-10 hours from this post it will slowly begin to climb.

Why is every aurax gun a copy of each other? why cant we add some interesting things like different guns/attachments? Give the darkstar exmags/grip/comp then it would literally be the best VS guns cause seriously DPM. It would be better if you just chose the unique gun from each factions selection and made that special.

Higby since we are going to get all the directives in a huge lump once they get released can we get a detailed list so dont go running around not knowing we have these awesome loving camos/guns/titles unlocked because we just had 40 dumped on us?

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

vigorous sodomy posted:

Ugh, the Butcher? Not a :rolleyes: big enough.

If this isn't big enough for you, I don't know what is.

As to the name, whatever. It's just a name.

Ass_Burgerer fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Jul 24, 2014

jneer
Aug 31, 2006

Mush Mushi!

Rayjenkins posted:

A good thing we get such heavy hitters as the Orion +15 rounds, while the NC get a loving 150 round LMG that still deals 200 damage. But my long reload you might say! It's a good thing you have 150 rounds of 200 damage bullets; reloading is for after the battle son, not during!

I guarantee you those extra 15 rounds on the Orion will be the deciding factor more often than 50 extra rounds on the SAW.

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
Adding to the server pop discussion, I use this site to check server populations pretty much everytime before I start playing.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

jneer posted:

I guarantee you those extra 15 rounds on the Orion will be the deciding factor more often than 50 extra rounds on the SAW.

I'd sacrifice 121 DPS for literally 20,000+ DPM, thank you very much.

Edit: let's not forget the wondrous trait of 200 damage weapons firing exactly where you point them because they lack ADS bloom.

A FESTIVE SKELETON fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Jul 24, 2014

illrepute
Dec 30, 2009

by XyloJW
What's the deal with these Auraxium guns I'm hearing about now? They sound like something you can only get with SC.

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011

illrepute posted:

What's the deal with these Auraxium guns I'm hearing about now? They sound like something you can only get with SC.

I can't find a link or anything to an official post but I think it was something like auraxing five guns within their category; so auraxium medals on the Orion, SVA-88, Pulsar LSW, Ursa, and Flare unlock you the Betelgeuse for the LMG category.

illrepute
Dec 30, 2009

by XyloJW

Ra-amun posted:

I can't find a link or anything to an official post but I think it was something like auraxing five guns within their category; so auraxium medals on the Orion, SVA-88, Pulsar LSW, Ursa, and Flare unlock you the Betelgeuse for the LMG category.

Rockin'

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

illrepute posted:

It's the opposite actually. These weapons cannot be purchased with station cash. They are only unlocked by achieving the Auraxium directive related to their weapon, which requires auraxium medals with a certain number of guns of that type. For example, 5 auraxium medals for LMGs gets you the Auraxium LMG for your faction.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

I can't imagine there's a single NC in this thread who's a Lifer who isn't going to immediately start grinding anything but LMGs.

Good luck getting a revive for the next six fuckin' months.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Rayjenkins posted:

I'd sacrifice 121 DPS for literally 20,000+ DPM, thank you very much.

Edit: let's not forget the wondrous trait of 200 damage weapons firing exactly where you point them because they lack ADS bloom.
Lol I wish. They have no STARTING ADS spread, but they bloom like all the rest. They're only perfectly accurate if you fire them real slow, like a 167 battle rifle.

---

I'm a little worried that directives may significantly cut into SOE's revenue stream , because from my experience in other F2Ps autists will always choose the cosmetics you earn from performance over the ones you purchase. Biggest e-peen > biggest wallet. And a LOT of whales are also autists who will have a bunch of free swag unlocked soon.

On the other side, the Fortuna is basically my perfect carbine in every single aspect, it's eerily like it was designed personally for me. And I'm a paltry 3000-ish kills away from unlocking it :shepicide:

NihilCredo fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Jul 24, 2014

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dreadwroth posted:

The freedom side is going strong, however no side is going strong at 4:30am when pops drop to double digits. If this really is the only time you can play you may be better off playing on Briggs or something

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008

3.4x scopes on the assault rifles? :barf: I hate anything stronger than reflex sights on automatic weapons. Preferably 1x.

Psykmoe fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jul 24, 2014

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

NihilCredo posted:

I'm a little worried that directives may significantly cut into SOE's revenue stream , because from my experience in other F2Ps autists will always choose the cosmetics you earn from performance over the ones you purchase. Biggest e-peen > biggest wallet. And a LOT of whales are also autists who will have a bunch of free swag unlocked soon.

Ah but here's the rub, you can get unique directive weapons from gold/platinum/black weapons. :getin:

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Psykmoe posted:

3.4x scopes on the assault rifles? :barf: I hate stronger than reflex sights on automatic weapons. Preferably 1x.

I tend to stick IR/NV on everything, but I can live with 3.4x if it's a long range assault rifle. Be nice to have an alternative to the SABR.

After they nerf the TORQ. For now just use the TORQ.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Well then, time to finish my Battle Rifle auraxiums I guess.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

NihilCredo posted:

Lol I wish. They have no STARTING ADS spread, but they bloom like all the rest. They're only perfectly accurate if you fire them real slow, like a 167 battle rifle.

---

On the other side, the Fortuna is basically my perfect carbine in every single aspect, it's eerily like it was designed personally for me. And I'm a paltry 3000-ish kills away from unlocking it :shepicide:

Day 1 fortuna for me. Not sure if I'll drop my 7th and final carbine aurax (Bandit) half-finished yet.

Do we have more info on class-specific objectives. Want me some 'tism camo

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jul 24, 2014

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I made a TR character just to gently caress around with, gotta say those starter carbines they get sure seem to suck! That Carv tho :feelsgood:

And the Prowler's ability to farm infantry, even with HEAT. HOT drat.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
People say the Trac-5 and T5-AMC are solid but I dunno what they're smoking. The Lynx and Cougar are where it's at. One's the not quite as pretty twin of the TORQ and the others a Razor with exmags because TR don't give no fucks.

The Jaguar's only 250 certs if you want a cheap option though. It's nice enough.

Desideratus
Oct 5, 2008

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

Fart Car '97 posted:

I made a TR character just to gently caress around with, gotta say those starter carbines they get sure seem to suck! That Carv tho :feelsgood:

And the Prowler's ability to farm infantry, even with HEAT. HOT drat.
They're pretty solid (Especially the Lynx, it's an SMG that was accidentally made into a carbine), but coming from the Mercenary and X11 on NC I can definitely see how you'd be underwhelmed; NC has the two best carbines in the game for sure.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Fart Car '97 posted:

I made a TR character just to gently caress around with, gotta say those starter carbines they get sure seem to suck!

Fans posted:

People say the Trac-5 and T5-AMC are solid but I dunno what they're smoking.

Come on guys, source your official forum quotes.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Maybe it's just the garbage ironsights they come with? It seems impossible to keep track of targets at any kind of range because all you see is muzzle flash and iron sight.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
TR irons can be kinda bad, actually. Honestly there's maybe 2-3 ironsights in the entire game that aren't awful and all but one of them are on NC/NS weapons. Just grab the 1x, on the TRAC-5 it's 5 certs.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Nakar posted:

TR irons can be kinda bad, actually. Honestly there's maybe 2-3 ironsights in the entire game that aren't awful and all but one of them are on NC/NS weapons. Just grab the 1x, on the TRAC-5 it's 5 certs.

Pretty sure the cheapest reflex sight is now 30 certs? Which actually seems like a really bad design choice on the dev's part. They really should have a few 5 cert options that the game just screams at you to buy in order to give new people the satisfaction of unlocking something right away, which would probably lead to more new people coming back because it felt like they progressed early on.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Gobblecoque posted:

Come on guys, source your official forum quotes.

I'm not saying the Trac-5 and T5-AMC are bad, they're fine. But we have the Lynx so there's really no reason to use the Trac-5 and the Cougar is the best for being a tree dwelling rear end in a top hat.

The T5-AMC is almost identical stat wise to the NS-11C and no one's going out of their way to push that gun on anyone.

Fart Car '97 posted:

Pretty sure the cheapest reflex sight is now 30 certs? Which actually seems like a really bad design choice on the dev's part. They really should have a few 5 cert options that the game just screams at you to buy in order to give new people the satisfaction of unlocking something right away, which would probably lead to more new people coming back because it felt like they progressed early on.

Some of the sights on the Default Guns are 5 certs, though it's really random to which ones they are.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
I've made it to BR 70 without auraxing a single gun. The closest one I have is a Sirius in the 800s. Look, all I'm trying to say is that I want a lumifiber repair/medical tool/ammo kit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Erata posted:

I've made it to BR 70 without auraxing a single gun. The closest one I have is a Sirius in the 800s. Look, all I'm trying to say is that I want a lumifiber repair/medical tool/ammo kit.

I would pay real money to have an NC specific cosmetic look for the medigin, repairgun, and engineer kits.

Also Lumifiber for them.

Like Christ Higby, I see that medigun for 90% of my time in game, let me make it American.

• Locked thread