Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

In the Marvel universe it's the year of our lord the high evolutionare 2014, and there's still no publicly available anti-mind reader helmet. Thanks Obama.

I'm happy every month there's a new Superior Foes solicit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Silk is making me miss Carlie Cooper, holy poo poo what an atrocious loving character.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Those were some severe plot swerves. I mean, Spider-Man's known for his ADHD sometimes, but drat. Do all the Original Sin tie-ins kick it up to spastic that quickly, or is it just Slott being Slott?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

drat, did that issue loving suck. Peter wasn't that bad but Spider-Man being a self centered jagoff at a supposedly end of the world scenario was hard to read.

notthegoatseguy fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jul 24, 2014

vegeta dentata
Jun 16, 2011
Finally, what we've all been waiting for. Slott's tsundere fantasy wish fulfillment.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

They really should rename her to "Mary -Sue".

I love how Slott also purposely emphasized things like "there's no way I could have avoided that slap!"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Inkspot posted:

Those were some severe plot swerves. I mean, Spider-Man's known for his ADHD sometimes, but drat. Do all the Original Sin tie-ins kick it up to spastic that quickly, or is it just Slott being Slott?

Definitely the latter. I mean, everybody and their grandma knows Parker Industries is going to fail miserably but it feels like even Slott decided "WELP I'M DONE WITH THIS" and is just trying to tank it by having Peter blatantly be as terrible a boss as possible at every possible moment until his company either flops or his employees get so tired of his bullshit they all simultaneously quit.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
What the gently caress did I just read? I knew I shouldn't have picked this up, but I wanted to see what the OS tie in was going to be. What. The. gently caress?

radlum
May 13, 2013

vegeta dentata posted:

Finally, what we've all been waiting for. Slott's tsundere fantasy wish fulfillment.

This. I felt like I was reading some crappy manga. I don't hate Slott but I think it has been enough of him on ASM, we need a new writer, Marvel has many good ones, they should let Slott finish this thing and then get us a new writer (art was OK)

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

vegeta dentata posted:

I read it as some sort of "we don't get along but our powers make us wanna fuuuuuuuuuuuuck" thing. Based off of their total lack of chemistry, and Morlun's comments from his suite on Barsoom. I expect this is going to be a nuanced examination of compulsive sexual behavior and this storyline will be Spidey's "Demon in a Bottle"

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

I like how she's Asian so of course her "costume" includes a ninja mask.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Suben posted:

This was literally my first thought on seeing the character design.

Diversity requirements (almost) fulfilled:

Peter Parker + clones: vanilla white spider-mans
Jessica Drew, Julia Carpenter: white, female spider-mans
Miles Morales: Black/Latino spider-mans
Anya Corazon: female Latina spider-mans
Cindy Moon: Asian (Korean) female spider-mans

I guess the only one left is a male Asian spider-mans

edit: also a black female spider-mans

hiddenriverninja fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jul 24, 2014

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

That comic was offensively bad...

At least she'll be dead in a year or less and no one will speak of her ever again.

Also, am I the only person who really doesn't like the art? It's got too many straight lines and angles and just is unpleasant for me to look at...

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Suben posted:

And unless her webbing works differently, it doesn't seem to be a very long term costume.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Tavarin posted:

And unless her webbing works differently, it doesn't seem to be a very long term costume.

This is part of the plan. Her spin off will be like Gen 13 original series. "Oh no! My clothing has dissolved!" And then Slott will cackle and Land will be on the book he has been training for all this time.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jul 24, 2014

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Alternately, it actually does last a really long time and we get scenes of cops trying to pull down criminals from light poles that've been stuck for hours

"Come the gently caress ON what IS this? "

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

ThermoPhysical posted:

Also, am I the only person who really doesn't like the art? It's got too many straight lines and angles and just is unpleasant for me to look at...

Nope. I usually kind of like Ramos, and a little cheesecake is fine, but EVERY SHOT of Silk is down her shirt or up her rear end, and when she webs up, it somehow gets worse.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

ThermoPhysical posted:

That comic was offensively bad...

At least she'll be dead in a year or less and no one will speak of her ever again.

Not before someone suggests a costume revamp and Silk says her costume is "how she's able to express her true self"

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

hiddenriverninja posted:

Amadeus Cho wears the Iron Spider armor in the USM cartoon now

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Slott is reason enough for some people to not get this bit I personally cannot loving stand Ramos. I find his art to be complete poo poo when drawing human beings.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Been eating up almost all the Original Sin tie ins, and it's a shame that I can't read loving Amazing Spider-Man of all things.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Having had a night to sleep on it, this is, once again, Slott having solid idea with poo poo execution.

I really find that the idea of a Spider-Person with extensive control over their natural webbing a cool concept.

I don't trust Slott to explore this and the hamhanded LET US BONE scene at the end. Ugh.

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Wait, she was supposed to be Asian? I must have missed the name and I totally didn't get that from the art. Looking at it now, I guess I can see it, but man those faces are horrible. It's hard to tell ethnicity when everyone looks like they're rabid.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

hiddenriverninja posted:

Not before someone suggests a costume revamp and Silk says her costume is "how she's able to express her true self"

Those will be her last words.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Slott is reason enough for some people to not get this bit I personally cannot loving stand Ramos. I find his art to be complete poo poo when drawing human beings.

FabioClone posted:

Wait, she was supposed to be Asian? I must have missed the name and I totally didn't get that from the art. Looking at it now, I guess I can see it, but man those faces are horrible. It's hard to tell ethnicity when everyone looks like they're rabid.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. They feel like dirty, quick sketches that they decided to add color to instead of actually finishing the sketch.

I just don't think he can draw people. Slott's writing was, for me, worse than usual. The line about him not dodging the slap because she was so fast...really?

Dacap posted:

Amadeus Cho wears the Iron Spider armor in the USM cartoon now

Not anymore. :v: Green Goblin destroyed the suit as of the most previous two episodes. He's just kind of...there now. I don't care what kind of BS speech Spider-Man gave him...he's 100% useless in battle and ended up having to run for his life many times.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

I remember Marvel being so cautious about introducing Miles, like "our readers are diverse, so our characters should be too", "Miles is not a stereotype" and then we finally get an Asian Spider-character and she's all ninja mask and ninja rear end.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

hiddenriverninja posted:

I remember Marvel being so cautious about introducing Miles, like "our readers are diverse, so our characters should be too", "Miles is not a stereotype" and then we finally get an Asian Spider-character and she's all ninja mask and ninja rear end.

I was not aware she was meant to be Asian.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Wanderer posted:

I was not aware she was meant to be Asian.

Moon is definitely meant to be a Korean last name here (as opposed to the space moon)

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
It's also not unheard-of for it to show up as a Caucasian person's surname, so who even knows. Do we have word from Slott on this?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Wanderer posted:

It's also not unheard-of for it to show up as a Caucasian person's surname, so who even knows. Do we have word from Slott on this?
Something about you being a racist before he blocks you on twitter.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

hiddenriverninja posted:

This was literally my first thought on seeing the character design.

Diversity requirements (almost) fulfilled:

Peter Parker + clones: vanilla white spider-mans
Jessica Drew, Julia Carpenter: white, female spider-mans
Miles Morales: Black/Latino spider-mans
Anya Corazon: female Latina spider-mans
Cindy Moon: Asian (Korean) female spider-mans

Just go full '90s kids show diversity and have a Spider-Man who swings around in a wheelchair.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Suben posted:

Just go full '90s kids show diversity and have a Spider-Man who swings around in a wheelchair.

Time to make this picture canon!

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Suben posted:

Madame Web is BACK!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Wanderer posted:

You don't notice it at first until about halfway through when Ramos goes and gives WWII era chingchong slant eyes. Asian, ninja and named SILK! :haw:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Soonmot posted:

You don't notice it at first until about halfway through when Ramos goes and gives WWII era chingchong slant eyes. Asian, ninja and named SILK! :haw:

also being better at things white people are supposed to be good at

edit: dammit

hiddenriverninja fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jul 25, 2014

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Suben posted:

Burger King Spider-Kids Club

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
What's the opinion on Mike Costa? He's writing a Scarlet Spiders mini.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Help me out here - I'm told Marvel Adventures Spider-man becomes cool at some point, with "teen drama with Gwen on the run from the mafia and Emma Frost having a crush on Peter, who is dating Chat? (talks to animal girl) her best friend." Can someone tell me which point that is, so I can skip buying the early boring stuff?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

The Goon posted:

They really should rename her to "Mary -Sue".

I love how Slott also purposely emphasized things like "there's no way I could have avoided that slap!"

The fact that he's able to think this while getting slapped means there was enough time to dodge it. :doh:

Also, I wouldn't wipe my rear end with that dialogue:

"That's Matrix/bullet-time fast!"

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I love Spider Man and I started reading comics again when Superior Spider Man started. I liked Superior because of how different the character was. I can't stand Amazing at all. While I didn't think this issue was as bad as some people, I really can't stand this story at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

If everybody over at Marvel could maybe avoid screwing this up that would be delightful, because I'm now finding it really hard not to actually get excited.

I'm just scared. I just don't want to be hurt again, Spider-man.

• Locked thread