Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I tried to create an RTTS using the all-time roster and the game crashed :(

I assume it's because there aren't enough players in it to fill up the minor leagues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Alan Trammell posted:

I tried to create an RTTS using the all-time roster and the game crashed :(

I assume it's because there aren't enough players in it to fill up the minor leagues.

No there aren't, and it's actually got quite a few...strange roster problems. There's a modern day A-rod on the Yankees who's like a B- talent level. There's another A-Rod on the Mariners who's A+. Also the Yankees have prime 2B playing Alfonso Soriano and modern day outfield tragedy Alfonso Soriano. Along with young and old Derek Jeter.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Playing online, Braves v Indians. I'm up four, two on with no out in the 4th inning. Mike Minor comes up to bunt, fouls the first pitch off. Game stops and says Salazar has a moderate concussion and has to be taken out. I still don't know wtf

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

gleep gloop posted:

I 100% support this idea, just be aware the Yankees are completely unfair and Tampa bay is basically it's current roster against Babe Ruth, Cy Young, Bonds etc. A lot of the teams are just insane so balance is a bit funny.

Dibs on Kirby motherfuckers

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Dubious posted:

Dibs on Kirby motherfuckers

I'm sure there will be enough sex-assaulting adulterers to go around.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Quote this every time you lose a no hitter because outfielders just sometimes decide not to catch the ball

Baba Oh Really
May 21, 2005
Get 'ER done

DannoMack posted:

Quote this every time you lose a no hitter because of some "olé" bullshit

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Just ran into a nice little bug where in RttS the catcher dropped a pitch and just stood there and did nothing with the ball at his feet. Of course I was helpless to do anything as the catcher would not pick the ball up and I had to restart the game.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

MagicCube posted:

Just ran into a nice little bug where in RttS the catcher dropped a pitch and just stood there and did nothing with the ball at his feet. Of course I was helpless to do anything as the catcher would not pick the ball up and I had to restart the game.

Catcher AI must be busted, or the Orioles have terrible catcher depth. Twice during an RttS game, the catcher had a dropped strike that got away from him, stood up, walked a couple of steps towards the ball, stopped for a second, then just did a big long slide to pick it up and threw from his knees, allowing the runner on both times. The second time of course, the manager pulled my guy in the 8th at 85 pitches because I "allowed" a base runner

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
All I know is like 20% of the errors I've seen in RTTS were from 8 positions and the rest were on the catcher.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I've been playing a lot of local multiplayer games recently instead of RTTS and it becomes more glaringly every game that this is not a very good game. The fielding is atrocious. Elongated throwing motions when you need to hurry a throw and outfielders recovering from running to a ball taking longer then it should. It reminds me of Madden and their touch a ball carrier on their shoestring and have him stumble for 7 yards problem. This is by far the worst MLB: The Show made.

jabro fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jul 31, 2014

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

Hit and runs don't work because the guy slides into 2nd like he's stealing the base. At least two out of every three games an outfielder will just not even try to catch a ball that's hit to him. If you're going to play a higher difficulty you have to turn off the variable umps because one of the ways they "make it harder" is by calling your pitches fully in the zone balls and computer pitches fully out of the zone strikes. But yet I still play this game every day because baseball.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

With that being said let's get the Fantasy Draft Greatest of All-Time League started! Post here with PSN Name and the team you want to be. We will be holding a draft so don't base your team decision on the players of that team. Draft time will be decided when we have the league members. League format will be depending on how many player we have but a round-robin format will be the most likely.

Dubious only has dibs on Puckett if he gets the first pick. But if he fondles and knocks-out a stranger in a public bathroom he automatically gets him.

jabro - Astros(I might change if the Colt .45 jerseys aren't a throwback)
Dubious - Mariners
Fgdavis - Giants
IceFortJohnnyAce - Reds
unclecaveman69 - Blue Jays
LeeAnimal21 - Boston

jabro fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Aug 2, 2014

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I'm gonna be a virtual Jack Z and take the Mariners behind the woodshed.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Finally hit for the cycle in RTTS. The dinger to seal it was a grand slam :whatup:

My RTTS CF has basically become Mike Trout on the Twins and is dragging this team towards the Central pennant.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

jabro posted:

With that being said let's get the Fantasy Draft Greatest of All-Time League started! Post here with PSN Name and the team you want to be. We will be holding a draft so don't base your team decision on the players of that team. Draft time will be decided when we have the league members. League format will be depending on how many player we have but a round-robin format will be the most likely.

Dubious only has dibs on Puckett if he gets the first pick. But if he fondles and knocks-out a stranger in a public bathroom he automatically gets him.

Astros - jabro (I might change if the Colt .45 jerseys aren't a throwback)
Mariners - Dubious

Giants-Fgdavis

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Forgot to mention I haven't ran a MLB league in some time so I'm not 100% on the options and most of this will be made up as we go along.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Dubious posted:

My RTTS CF has basically become Mike Trout on the Twins and is dragging this team towards the Central pennant.

Lucky you: my 1B is in year 6 needing no more points for attributes...yet Astros pitching is bound & determined to ensure I never even sniff the post-season.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Lucky you: my 1B is in year 6 needing no more points for attributes...yet Astros pitching is bound & determined to ensure I never even sniff the post-season.

I've been getting absolutely amazing RNG on Twins pitching in 2015. the rotation of Worley/Nolasco/Hughes/Gibson/Pelfrey are the best in the majors at all pitching statistics except HR allowed; they give up a shitload of dingers but keep runs down low. Pelfrey is in the running for Cy Young :wtc:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

jabro posted:

Mariners - Dubious
Fgdavis - Giants

I'll take the Reds. PSN IceFortJohnnyAce

Dr Geek
Jan 28, 2007

jabro posted:

Mariners - Dubious
Fgdavis - Giants
IceFortJohnnyAce - Reds

I'll take the Blue Jays, my PSN is unclecaveman69

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

DannoMack posted:

Quote this every time you lose a no hitter because outfielders just sometimes decide not to catch the ball

Just came here to fume about losing a PG in the bottom of the loving ninth because of this. 2 outs.

I've never been more upset about a video game in my entire life.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I beat a guy online with a walkoff sac fly where the winning run scored from 2nd on a tag up. It was the most bullshit thing ever.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Any tips for making a RttS pitcher? I suck super hard at pitching and I always get roughed up in the pre-draft stuff. Should I just try it on Rookie?

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

jabro posted:

Mariners - Dubious
Fgdavis - Giants
IceFortJohnnyAce - Reds

LeeAnimal21-Boston or w/e

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

*does rocky running up the stairs celebration*

also the game gave the Player of the Game to a 3 HR hitter on my team instead of the guy who threw a PG

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
I'm never going to get a perfect game. I'll have one until the seventh and then my third basemen lets a weak grounder by, then the run gets driven in, then I give up four more.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

The Pitch Command training in RttS is such a joke when you're a new character. "OK I got the curve going straight to the bullseye and the pulse was literally as small as it gets, I should at least catch an inner ri-oh the ball ended up 2 feet outside the plate welp."

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

Waffles Inc. posted:

Just came here to fume about losing a PG in the bottom of the loving ninth because of this. 2 outs.

I've never been more upset about a video game in my entire life.

I had back to back inside the park home runs on the same RF just not even reaching up to catch a ball yesterday to tie and then lose a game in the bottom of the 11th. I don't even like this goddamn game.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

gleep gloop posted:

I'm never going to get a perfect game. I'll have one until the seventh and then my third basemen lets a weak grounder by, then the run gets driven in, then I give up four more.

This will make you feel worse: I have thrown two perfect games since 06 or 07 when I first started playing; the most recent one was last year with Tim Lincecum. I was watching Netflix on my laptop while I was playing and didn't even notice I had a perfect game going until I glanced at the post game stats.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I'm pretty new to the game so I have a question. How come every online ranked or exhibition match I play it uses the other players' settings and never mine?

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Paperback Writer posted:

I'm pretty new to the game so I have a question. How come every online ranked or exhibition match I play it uses the other players' settings and never mine?

Did you challenge?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Paperback Writer posted:

Make sure you set your preferences. I have guess pitch off and qickcounts set to off and i've never gotten a game with them on. I have balks set to 'any' and every now and then i run into an rear end in a top hat who has balks turned on.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I've waited longer than I wanted to but it looks like 6 teams is all we'll get. I'll get it setup tonight for our Super All-Star League.

Edit: Invites have gone out. 14 game season with a 3 game WS. I pretty much just put the 3 western teams in one division and the east ones in the other.

With 6 teams we should be able to get 100% attendance. I'm pretty open with my schedule but it probably should be after 6PM PDT to accommodate any west coast goons getting home from work. If we decide on a weekend then that would be more flexible on time. When you guys available?

I'm tabletting it right now but in the morning I will be PMing everyone in case no one sees this.

jabro fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Aug 7, 2014

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Invite accepted!

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

The manager AI is kinda funny. It's the deciding game of the NLCS, and I'm the starting pitcher. I've thrown a perfect game through 6 and 2/3rds innings with 6 strike outs and a pitch count under 70. We're up 1-0. I give up a hit because the outfielder fucks up, and the manager pulls me. Luckily we still win.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
i accepted

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress it, I'm done with the Astros. Perpetual bottom-dwelling team from my AA start up through the bigs. Finally in season 7, we're able to jump out to a quick 9-game division lead over Seattle.

I'm a week away from the All-Start break & the team now sits 4 games back of the Mariners & 2 games behind the A's. Nearly every defeat in that march back toward mediocrity came in the last couple of innings when we had the lead.

Put in for a trade. :ughh:

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Accepted my invitation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

C2C - 2.0 posted:

gently caress it, I'm done with the Astros. Perpetual bottom-dwelling team from my AA start up through the bigs. Finally in season 7, we're able to jump out to a quick 9-game division lead over Seattle.

I'm a week away from the All-Start break & the team now sits 4 games back of the Mariners & 2 games behind the A's. Nearly every defeat in that march back toward mediocrity came in the last couple of innings when we had the lead.

Put in for a trade. :ughh:

This is my wife and the Reds.

• Locked thread