Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Just a quick catch-up post...

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Pibgorn

If you can't remember Pibgorn's name, what makes you think the apothecary would remember her?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suenteus Po
Sep 15, 2007
SOH-Dan

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

So what if it's not decent, Inspector Danger? What then?

My local pizza place uses a bag while driving the pizza over, but takes it out before walking to the door. Why make the customer wait while you fumble with a thermal bag after they've answered the door?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

quote:

Gerald "Gerry" Goffin (February 11, 1939 – June 19, 2014) was an American lyricist. Writing initially with his wife Carole King, he co-wrote many international pop hits of the early and mid-1960s, including the US No.1 hits "Will You Love Me Tomorrow", "Take Good Care of My Baby", "The Loco-Motion", and "Go Away Little Girl". It was later said of Goffin that his gift was "to find words that expressed what many young people were feeling but were unable to articulate."

Yup, died a week ago.

e: I love the fact that given the music she likes, Aunt Fritzi should be in her late 60's or so.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Wanamingo posted:

]

The 7nd floor?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
As a counterbalance for Charlie Brown's dark room moment from this morning, here's Pogo! (July 28, 1956)

Yes...sir... :smith:

Bonus Peanuts is an improvement of mood, but only just. (July 28, 1956)

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Life's been busy so to save time I'm dropping Bleeker because nothing really happens and it doesn't get much discussion and Retail because it's been incredibly boring since every halfway interesting character got written out and it's devolved into a lovely Mary Sue whinefest that's even worse than Luann. If anyone else wants to pick them up... well, I figured they would've already done it.

Dustin

That's like, every day, family game night or not.

On the Fastrack

I looked that up and couldn't find any reference so Holbrook probably made it up.

Safe Havens

I managed to squeeze in a few minutes to do that during lunch between hanging out with you, my mad science experiments and teaching hapless miscreants a lesson!

Slylock Fox

And another witness said two of those clues are extraneous!

Midnight Moth fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jul 27, 2014

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Midnight Moth posted:

On the Fastrack

I looked that up and couldn't find any reference so Holbrook probably made it up.

What is it with older people and selfies? Selfies have existed since the dawn of photography, it's just now that we're giving them a nice compact name. This is worse than my high school teachers making jokes about "facespace".

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

kidcoelacanth posted:

Good to know Charlie Brown's an Alan Kulwicki fan.

Parmesan Basil posted:

appreciating this joke

Late, but seconding.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Evil Mastermind posted:

Yup, died a week ago.

e: I love the fact that given the music she likes, Aunt Fritzi should be in her late 60's or so.

Wow, quick turn around. I thought it usually took a few weeks for a strip to be published.

I guess when you're one of the big dogs like Gilchrist is, the normal rules don't apply. :smuggo:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

"Ugh I bet she wants to promote me! Why is our family so cursed?"

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Wanamingo posted:

Dick Tracy

Holy poo poo, I kind of can't believe the line of thinking in any of this.

"We need to get rid of 50 cops!"
"It's gonna be a blood bath!"
"Hey, you don't have to shoot them all. I have a special technique... arrest them."

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Wanamingo posted:

Arrest him for having not-decent pizza delivery.

At least this wasn't some bullshit non-reality-based reason like "a pizza with all the works would take longer to cook" or something.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I was expecting 'just pepperoni with all the works' to be some code phrase or something, since those are contradictory.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

And then Olive wakes up from a bad dream and dives into the pool after Mary! And then Mary wakes up from a bad dream and dives into the pool after Olive! And then the angelcyst wakes up from a malignant state and dives into the pool after Dr Hcuotdab!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Wait, was Mary staying in that house the whole time?!

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

SynthOrange posted:

Wait, was Mary staying in that house the whole time?!

It's a condo complex. About everyone who matters lives either there or in New York.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001
It's a condominium complex, so yeah, she's been in the same building (if not the same home) the whole time.

This coming week is going to be more than a little disturbing if we're going to be seeing Mary Worth in a soaking wet nightgown for some part of it.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Midnight Moth posted:

Slylock Fox

And not a single one of them was able to tell what the suspect himself looked like.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Aardmania posted:

Judge Parker

Wait a minute--she read it next to a urinal? Her brow and jawline are starting to look heavier, too. :dong:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

If they're concerned about a sniper, those pistols aren't going to do much good now, are they?

Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-onWNxvSLVk

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How long has this stupid Chickweed arc been running even? Good grief.

Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Foxtrot

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

She's high maintenance, dude. Sever!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Really Pants posted:

Wait a minute--she read it next to a urinal?
It's like people in this thread are constantly forgetting that Photoshop exists.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Midnight Moth posted:

Slylock Fox

All the clues are extraneous.

One of the suspects is a rat.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

DoubleDonut posted:

I don't know much about stampedes, but that guy's very dead, right?

Well duh! You've seen The Lion King, right!? God...

:v:

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

No, a "good" sniper would've made the shot.

That last panel is just too sweet for words. Mary! You go girl!

I don't even know.

Heavenly Nostrils

That was really good. "Era of Hallucination"

9 Chickweed Lane 7/27/2003

Wait Juliette. Weren't you just talking about a leather mini skirt the other day? That said, I do like the way Brooke drew Edda in the last panel.

Zits

I'm not an entomologist, but I play one on TV. If you live in the Midwest, you have them every year. They're called "annual cicadas" and they look like something H.P. Lovecraft would've come up with. We also have 13, or 17 year cicadas (whichever happen to be trendy at the time) which emerge every 13 or 17 years in huge, biblical-sized swarms and do nothing for about a month but scream and gently caress. I guess if I'm going to go out, I'd go out that way too.

Edit: Oh jeeze. I just now noticed where Jeremy's hands are in the first two panels. Welp, good job son, I guess. :)

Whatever. Kind of a neat perspective though, Holbrook, so I'll give you that much.

BlankIsBeautiful fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jul 27, 2014

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
That beaver is pissed.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

Is there an actual LOTR joke here beyond "Ha ha look he got Nazgul pool toys so there have to be nine of them"?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

CaptainCaveman posted:

Is there an actual LOTR joke here beyond "Ha ha look he got Nazgul pool toys so there have to be nine of them"?

Roger is fat and when he dives in the Nazgūl will be wiped out by the massive wave like at the Ford of Bruinen.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set

Jarts? :confused:

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Jarts are lawn darts. It's a Kleenex Tissue joke.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

I guess we'll be seeing them being driven around in something like this.

9 Chickweed Lane

Pibgorn

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

Look at those faces! Such a talent!

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac shows you what a real strip is written and drawn like.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Cow and Boy

Sherman's Lagoon

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Modesty Blaise

Full marks for distance and form, but the crash landing will definitely keep them off the medal stand.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Evil Mastermind posted:

The Dinette Set

Jarts? :confused:

We had these when I was a kid. Basically sort of horseshoes with steel pointed, plastic finned darts. Probably a decidedly Midwestern lawn game. Also, as you can see, the potential for injury was present. I somehow survived that era without a Jart related injury, though.

R Ubbish
Apr 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County