Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

oldskool posted:

I love the orange helmet:

More teams need orange. I say that as a fan of a team who's colors are the literal opposite of orange.

oldskool posted:

I'd even take a bit more of a gradient instead of a seam midway down.
Agreed. When the first images came out it sort of looked like a more gradual gradient, and I thought it looked kind of cool. Then when non-photo-studio shots were released it turned out that yeah, the abrupt gradient looks awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Hazo posted:

More teams need orange. I say that as a fan of a team who's colors are the literal opposite of orange.

Orange owns. Illinois recently showed off their new stuff and it looks pretty sharp.

Still can't stand that goofy shiny stripe thing on the collar though.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Shath Hole posted:

I'm easily entertained, I think those gloves forming the U are loving awesome :v:

They're the only ones who should be allowed to have glove patterns. All the others look contrived.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Corzaa posted:

Did someone go at this with a blowtorch?

I think that's Pozluzny's mask. Chances are, yes, but only to fit his weird square head.

I cant wait for the helmets to be changed to something sane. Matte black with a gold stripe bisecting would be nice. Ooh, and maybe metallic gold fasteners on the helmet with a black facemask. Just for for a touch of bling. Thing is, I dont think we can change the uniforms again for awhile, because they let Shad Kahn have a freebie uniform change, even though they just re-did the jerseys the year before, and there's some kind of limit to design changes.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Found a Dalton jersey for 25$.

"Eeerrrrrhhhmmmmm yeaaaaah ok sure gently caress it."

Iron Clad Lou
Feb 12, 2008

DJExile posted:

Orange owns. Illinois recently showed off their new stuff and it looks pretty sharp.

Still can't stand that goofy shiny stripe thing on the collar though.

The new orange hue looks to be the same as the current Bears, which is kinda neat since the Bears originally chose orange and blue as an homage to the university.

That's a nice number font too.

Iron Clad Lou fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 27, 2014

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Eifert Posting posted:

Send it to me. I can only find Titans jerseys down here.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

College teams that wear non-contrasting uniform numbers will now be penalized a timeout per quarter, unless they change uniforms.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

shyduck posted:

College teams that wear non-contrasting uniform numbers will now be penalized a timeout per quarter, unless they change uniforms.

so what if they burn all 3 in the first quarter and refuse to change in the 2nd?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Eifert Posting posted:

HA

I was ahead of the curve when I drew you in a Dalton jersey now you can't say poo poo

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!
How often do non-contrasting uniform numbers even come up?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Basil Hayden posted:

How often do non-contrasting uniform numbers even come up?

I think Boise St was wearing solid blue unis with blue numbers outlined in white on their smurf-turf field before the NCAA told them to cut that poo poo out.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Febreeze posted:

HA

I was ahead of the curve when I drew you in a Dalton jersey now you can't say poo poo

I have a much lower quality Sanu jersey, probably gonna exchange the nameplate and #s.

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown

skaboomizzy posted:

I think Boise St was wearing solid blue unis with blue numbers outlined in white on their smurf-turf field before the NCAA told them to cut that poo poo out.

I know Arizona got in trouble because used a gradient with their numbers last season. Now they use red on blue, but I don't know if that constitutes "contrasting colors"

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Faltese Malkin posted:

I know Arizona got in trouble because used a gradient with their numbers last season. Now they use red on blue, but I don't know if that constitutes "contrasting colors"

Under Armour designed some horribly tacky Wounded Warrior uniforms for us a few years ago that had invisible numbers from a distance/on TV, so we had to change out of them before the game started.

Ended up being a good thing, because look at that.

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown

RumbleFish posted:

Under Armour designed some horribly tacky Wounded Warrior uniforms for us a few years ago that had invisible numbers from a distance/on TV, so we had to change out of them before the game started.

Ended up being a good thing, because look at that.

Speaking of USC, I was happy that Under Armour made those changes to their uniforms last year. I think they have one of the better helmets around and and it's nice to see their jersey's finally catching up.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Faltese Malkin posted:

Speaking of USC, I was happy that Under Armour made those changes to their uniforms last year. I think they have one of the better helmets around and and it's nice to see their jersey's finally catching up.

I agree -- I think this is the best uniform we've worn in decades. Our original UA set had excess piping, as well as striping that was just too cluttered and modern. We've simplified our jerseys a great deal, so now they're clean and match the traditional look of the helmet.

My only gripe is that we don't currently have a black uniform, which is a glaring oversight since it's actually a school color and not some novelty gimmick for us. However, Spurrier hates them, so I don't think we'll see them return any time in the near future.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy poo poo air force's new alts are loving awesome

E: And new Nebraska alts

DJExile fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Aug 1, 2014

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Those are the new Nebraska alts? It's nearly exactly the same as the 2012 alts with a red/black helmet instead of all black!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

Those are the new Nebraska alts? It's nearly exactly the same as the 2012 alts with a red/black helmet instead of all black!

Yeah they're only wearing it for the Illinois game. I do dig the helmet since that's the template Navy used for their loving awesome ones.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

That two tone helmet doesn't blow

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Isn't holding up the gloves like that on the field potentially a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

skaboomizzy posted:

Isn't holding up the gloves like that on the field potentially a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct?

believe so, but it's pretty much down to the official's discretion

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

those Nebraska unis are garbo, and Air Force is a garbo program who don't deserve nice unis

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Alouicious posted:

those Nebraska unis are garbo, and Air Force is a garbo program who don't deserve nice unis

That's why they modeled them after the Lions

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Nebraska helmet is really nice though.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I think the dazzle camoflage in the background of Nebraska is throwing a lot of you off. It needs a black belt, imho.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

It's like somebody turned the color too high on my TV. The helmet is too red or something.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I just noticed the giant N on the hips

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
has anyone ever heard of this site? The selection's pretty enormous, they have custom jerseys, and offer *~*free shipping*~*. Just wondering if anyone's ever ordered off of it, if anything ever came, you had a black SUV full of men in black suits shake you down a couple days later, etc.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

shiksa posted:

has anyone ever heard of this site? The selection's pretty enormous, they have custom jerseys, and offer *~*free shipping*~*. Just wondering if anyone's ever ordered off of it, if anything ever came, you had a black SUV full of men in black suits shake you down a couple days later, etc.
Poor Collie's been hit so many times he's having an identity crisis

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
Aliexpress is the direct-to-consumer website for Ali Baba, which you may have heard of as the single largest online marketplace in the world. You know the place looking for an IPO at a valuation greater than Facebook? AliX is just so you can get their cheap knock offs or knick knacks shipped to you. No idea if they're worth a drat for jerseys though!

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

I got a Richard Sherman jersey from them that looks really good, as well as a JJ Watt pro bowl jersey that needs to have the nameplate straightened (it's noticeably crooked). I'm getting that fixed though, so overall I'm happy with what I got from them. They even had decent shipment tracking, considering it's international.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2014/8/6/5974615/philadelphia-eagles-kelly-green-uniforms-switch-consideration

The president of the Eagles was on the radio this morning in Philly saying they've been talking about switching back to kelly green, which would own bones.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

shyduck posted:

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2014/8/6/5974615/philadelphia-eagles-kelly-green-uniforms-switch-consideration

The president of the Eagles was on the radio this morning in Philly saying they've been talking about switching back to kelly green, which would own bones.

Do it right the gently caress now

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Nevermind that shit here comes Mingo!

shyduck posted:

This needs to happen. Then the Broncos, God drat them to hell, need to go back to sky blue, and orange.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

shyduck posted:

Yes yes yes. I will buy a new jersey immediately if they let me have a kelly green McCoy.

horseblow.avi
Jul 10, 2004

NEEEEIGHHHHH!
The article was updated to say it would be an alternate, which is disappointing.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
I feel like the mid-00s are going to generate a lot of unpopular throwbacks. The Bills, the Lions adding black for Matt fuckin Millen, the last Seahawks jersey before nike started FutureBall (I still don't like their new ones, but those most recent ones were gross)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Tony Grossi ‏@TonyGrossi 2m
"@WallyZW Better uniform pants: orange or brown? // I've warmed to brown. Would like to see an orange shirt/brown pant look. ... oops, shh.

I think Grossi just hinted that the Browns will be bringing back the orange jerseys they wore back in the Couch/Butch Davis-era.

• Locked thread