Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Fuuuck you. Imagine being the maid and finding the remnants of this in a room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Meatwave posted:

Is there a binder clip fetish that I don't know of?

Working 40 hours a week in a cubicle is dangerous for your mental health.

Bomrek
Oct 9, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

Fuuuck you. Imagine being the maid and finding the remnants of this in a room.

Oh hey I'm a hotel maid! If someone did that with cheese it would make me blind with impotent rage and you would get shoddy service for the rest of your stay. Don't do that.

Things I have found in coffee pots:
Coffee
Tea
Hot sugar water
Ramen
Blood and sharp glass
Ants
Beetles
A cement-like mixture
Baby powder
Ripped up pizza
Used tissues

Please drink the lobby coffee.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Look if I'm going to drink steamin semen I'm going to do it in the privacy of my own goddamn room by god.

The Killing Jelq
Jun 13, 2012

Rad Tad posted:

I never thought I could hate someone so much after seeing so little of them

We can take satisfaction knowing that that's all undone when he is ensnared by the first doorknob he walks by.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

The Killing Jelq posted:

We can take satisfaction knowing that that's all undone when he is ensnared by the first doorknob he walks by.

i hope his tamagotchi shits itself to death

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

Rad Tad posted:

i hope his tamagotchi shits itself to death

I think that's a bicycle light.

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

I first thought this meant he recorded the shows at 2x speed, and played them back at 1/2x speed (meaning normal speed) to save storage space on his DVR, which might actually be clever if it could somehow work (albeit way too much effort). Instead it's just "Lifehack: Tired of wasting so much time watching a single episode of your favorite show? Press the fast-forward button!"

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

Namarrgon posted:

I think that's a bicycle light.

i hope your tamagotchi shits itself to death

magic pantaloons
Jan 9, 2012

Ain't you ever seen a naked chick riding a clam before?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Perfect for when a Glade plug-in is just too efficient a use of electricity.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

finalellipsis posted:

Lifehack: save precious time by not watching youtube videos all the way through

Even better! Just assume the other video was something else without watching it at all!

Kaiju15
Jul 25, 2013

Literally salt the earth and your weed problems will disappear.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Lifehack: Want your house to smell great? Mix ammonia and bleach in a big bucket before bed and keep it in your room while you sleep! (Or in your children's room if applicable!)

Reo
Apr 11, 2003

That'll do, Carlos.
That'll do.

Heaven must smell like melted cups.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Reo posted:

Heaven must smell like melted cups.

Life hack, dont use a plastic cup

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Kaiju15 posted:

Literally salt the earth and your weed problems will disappear.

This one's been around forever. Just ask my boys in Carthage.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

This works but the smell WILL persist for ages.

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost

magic pantaloons posted:

Oh god, now I remember the frozen toothpaste mints.

edit: I found a link

http://heroofswitzerland.blogspot.com.au/search/label/Top%20Tips

Oh God. How broke do you have to be to not be able to afford the crappy mints from the dollar store? And if you're too broke afford it, why would it any better to waste more than $1 worth of toothpaste for making poisonous toothpaste mints that can put your partygoers into the hospital?

I can imagine that magazine's next lifehack:
"Run out of juice for your party's mixed alcoholic beverages? Siphon some coolant from your car for a quick substitute! Tastes sweet, with a cool blue/pink colour!"

melon cat has a new favorite as of 23:22 on Aug 11, 2014

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

melon cat posted:

Oh God. How broke do you have to be to not be able to afford the crappy mints from the dollar store? And if you're too broke afford it, why would it any better to waste more than $1 worth of toothpaste for making poisonous toothpaste mints that can put your partygoers into the hospital?

I can imagine that magazine's next lifehack:
"Run out of juice for your party's mixed alcoholic beverages? Siphon some coolant from your car for a quick substitute! Tastes sweet, with a cool blue/pink colour!"

Uh, did the Awful app gently caress you or something? You're quoting a post from page one.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

melon cat posted:

"The Fluoride Action Network (FAN) seeks to broaden awareness about the toxicity of fluoride compounds among citizens, scientists, and policymakers alike. FAN not only provides comprehensive and up-to-date information, but remains vigilant in monitoring government agency actions that impact the public's exposure to fluoride."

I mean, eating toothpaste probably isn't great, but I wouldn't put too much stock in what you find on a website agitating against water fluoridation.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Strudel Man posted:

"The Fluoride Action Network (FAN) seeks to broaden awareness about the toxicity of fluoride compounds among citizens, scientists, and policymakers alike. FAN not only provides comprehensive and up-to-date information, but remains vigilant in monitoring government agency actions that impact the public's exposure to fluoride."

I mean, eating toothpaste probably isn't great, but I wouldn't put too much stock in what you find on a website agitating against water fluoridation.

Broken clock. Eating toothpaste will gently caress you up pretty drat quick.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Courtesy of the OSHA thread, One Crazy Trick That Big Battery Doesn't Want You To Know:
http://imgur.com/gallery/6fPoL

quote:

How I rebuilt some DeWalt batteries for a quarter of the cost of replacing them

quote:

Electrical Engineer for Milwaukee Tool here. Please don't do this. You are going to burn your house down.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
If can't afford to buy cheap mins, how are you going to afford the extra food and drink you'll need fo a dinner party anyway. I'm imagining this as some kind of wierd Come Dine with Me type situation, where they give the guests pot noodles for dinner.

Ambystoma
Oct 22, 2008

At least I looked like a popular idiot.
I once had a weird flatmate who proudly showed me the "awesome recipe" she was making for guests that night - one packet of Trident Thai Laksa noodles each "but you see, you add real chicken and some chopped fresh spring onions! It's really good and just so simple" :sparkles:
This was a person in their loving twenties.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

C.M. Kruger posted:

quote:

Electrical Engineer for Milwaukee Tool here. Please don't do this. You are going to burn your house down.

Good thing that guy has a DeWalt. :smug:

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

DrBouvenstein posted:

Good thing that guy has a DeWalt. :smug:

Come for the Life Hacks, stay for the tool brand :iceburn: :allears:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Maybe I'm showing my ignorance here but how often are people trying to unscrew something they can't see but can still reach with their meaty hands? Surely if you can touch a screw to identify it's type you can also see the screw somehow?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Or just loving feel if it's a loving Phillips or Flathead without mashing your finger into it to make an imprint like a loving idiot.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

cyberia posted:

Maybe I'm showing my ignorance here but how often are people trying to unscrew something they can't see but can still reach with their meaty hands? Surely if you can touch a screw to identify it's type you can also see the screw somehow?

Hardly ever. But apparently it happened to this guy once and he was real pleased with himself for coming up with this solution to the problem.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Euphoriaphone posted:

I first thought this meant he recorded the shows at 2x speed, and played them back at 1/2x speed (meaning normal speed) to save storage space on his DVR, which might actually be clever if it could somehow work (albeit way too much effort). Instead it's just "Lifehack: Tired of wasting so much time watching a single episode of your favorite show? Press the fast-forward button!"

I have a friend on a different forum that's at least in his 60s and is...unusual. He'll be often talking about movies he's watched, and will pepper his descriptions with things like how he would watch certain scenes slowed down to normal speed or with the sound on, like that's the unusual way to watch them. He used to also describe taping over his vhs films with static when he'd "studied" them enough. He is a very strange man...

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
How can you put a finger somewhere that you can't see?

insert your mom joke here

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

p-hop posted:

How can you put a finger somewhere that you can't see?

insert your mom joke here

Touch your back.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MariusLecter posted:

Or just loving feel if it's a loving Phillips or Flathead without mashing your finger into it to make an imprint like a loving idiot.

Why do you people get so angry about this poo poo

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

if you aren't sure what type of outlet you are working with, jab a fork up in there and see how much it hurts

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

poo poo, I have to confess I did something like this once. I had moved into a new rental place and it smelled like dead old people so I decided that no mere can of spray would be good enough and bought half a dozen bottles of lavender essential oil and dumped a full bottle into a bowl of water in each room of the house.

Swear to god you could smell it in space.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Gorilla Salad posted:

poo poo, I have to confess I did something like this once. I had moved into a new rental place and it smelled like dead old people so I decided that no mere can of spray would be good enough and bought half a dozen bottles of lavender essential oil and dumped a full bottle into a bowl of water in each room of the house.

Swear to god you could smell it in space.

My girlfriend has a thing she got from her mom's work that basically does this. You pour essential oils or hydrosol into a little glass bulb and it pumps out some good smelling steam.

It's basically a vaporizer for smellgoods.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Alouicious posted:

Hate is the only thing that makes us feel alive anymore.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

cyberia posted:

This happens often when working on cars because there's just too much poo poo in the way or it's simply out of line of sight, though usually it's not screws but bolts that you need to undo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Alouicious posted:

Because these 'life hacks' are mostly just 'mildly helpful advice' and often veer into 'batshit retarded idiocy' so seeing them presented in such smug image-macro form triggers the raging ape cortex in my brain like nothing else.