Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Mark Henry and Hulkster are on the Cheap Heat that just posted.

First you have to suffer through Noelle Foley. I love Mick Foley so much I have a framed Mr. Socko he signed for me on his first book tour, but that doesn't mean his annoying daughter should be on the show.

I have not made it to Mark Henry and Hulk yet, I am banking that for my next dog walk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I liked the Wyatt appearance :shrug:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Skunkrocker posted:

Pisscast is great this week...

edit down the three goddamn hours of bullshit that is Derailer it will go up. Still trying to figure out how to fix "Skunk gets drunk and does wrestler theme karaoke badly."

:confused: Editing? I thought this was the Pisscast.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Jericho's "comedy" bits are usually really obnoxious (particularly his "characters") but his interviews are really good.

The guy seems to be a natural interviewer, and unnaturally unfunny. I went back and read all of his first book lately, and some of it is pretty insufferable for his comedic spin, even if the stories made it absolutely worth it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

POWER RANKINGS
Austin > Talk'n Shop > Observer Sin Limite > Jericho > Other Observer shows with Meltzer > Bauer & Pollock > Observer shows with Storm > other MLW shows > Art of Wrestling > all those other F4W/LAW shows > Cheap Heat > JR

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Aug 16, 2014

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Ribsauce posted:

First you have to suffer through Noelle Foley. I love Mick Foley so much I have a framed Mr. Socko he signed for me on his first book tour, but that doesn't mean his annoying daughter should be on the show.

I have not made it to Mark Henry and Hulk yet, I am banking that for my next dog walk.

Noelle Foley can be on any show she wants, she is lovely.

epitasis posted:

POWER RANKINGS
Austin > Talk'n Shop > Observer Sin Limite > Jericho > Other Observer shows with Meltzer > Bauer & Pollock > Observer shows with Storm > other MLW shows > Art of Wrestling > all those other F4W/LAW shows > Cheap Heat > JR

Art of Wrestling is better than anything with Lance Storm in it. :colbert:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Wrestlecrap Radio > Pisscast > All the other lovely mark shows > 10 Count

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NienNunb posted:

Wrestlecrap Radio > Pisscast > All the other lovely mark shows > 10 Count

I no longer care what your avatar is.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Jericho's "comedy" bits are usually really obnoxious (particularly his "characters") but his interviews are really good.

The Attitude era Podcast did an amazing pisstake on their Starcade 1997 episode. Just amazing.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Austin, Cornette, and Observer/Bryan and Vinny are the only ones I listen to regularly. I'll listen to Jericho if he has a good guest on or MLW if I'm really, really bored in the car.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBOwg9oeGLM

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

Austin, Cornette, and Observer/Bryan and Vinny are the only ones I listen to regularly. I'll listen to Jericho if he has a good guest on or MLW if I'm really, really bored in the car.

listen to Talk'n Shop

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

I no longer care what your avatar is.

If it's any consolation Wrestleboxer Radio ranks pretty high among the lovely mark shows.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

epitasis posted:

listen to Talk'n Shop

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
AEPodcast is better than most of the ones epitasis listed

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

epitasis posted:

listen to Talk'n Shop

I've been meaning to, I also listen to Attitude Era

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
MLW Radio has launched The Weedcast with Damian Abraham & Alex Greenfield & MSL

Sounds torturous

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

:confused: Editing? I thought this was the Pisscast.

it's not

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

listenski to talk'n shopski.

Hoot.

Too Sweet.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

When is Karl Anderson gonna go to New York?

rovert posted:

MLW Radio has launched The Weedcast with Damian Abraham & Alex Greenfield & MSL

Sounds torturous
I thought you were just inventing bad ideas on twitter.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

How can they have a weed cast without Konnan and his weed lemon

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
Pretty sure I just heard someone hit a water pipe in talk n' shop ep 6 so maybe they can guest star.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ahaha, nice.

Young Pageviews
May 26, 2014

Let's get this wrestling!

Ribsauce posted:

I don't have any animosity toward Noelle, but Rosenberg and Shoemaker's stream of unsubtle remarks to remind you she's attractive are a bit grating. All the "you can come back ANY time" and "man, our fans are going to go crazy for this episode" stuff is particularly unflattering when you consider that Noelle's 20 (per IMDB) and the dudes fawning over her are both in their mid-30s.

Also, when Shoemaker starts to ask Noelle what she thinks about the women's title match, then cuts himself off to say "Oh man, I don't want to be sexist" ... :lol:

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Rosenberg and Shoemaker get harder and harder to listen to every week. They honestly think WWE should be building storylines around Hulk Hogan in 2014. They come across as the biggest marky marks that ever marked because they believe every piece of bullshit fed to them and then parrot about their "insider info" that they vaguely hear about and get wrong most of the time.

That and they always feel they need to come up with whacky things to talk about or be culturally relevant or something. It's only slightly better than the Power Bombcast.

It's especially bad when these two apparently represent wrestling for ESPN or whatever, so many consider them a legitimate source of opinion and editorial on the subject. Most of their Grantland articles about wrestling are over-written trash that has no real substance or relevance.

And then on this week's show, Rosenberg called Shoemaker or vice versa the "best wrestling writer there is". Ugh.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Aug 16, 2014

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I used to skip Austin's intros and just listen to the interviews but now I'm going back and listening to them all and I'm an idiot for skipping them. They're works of art.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Newest Talk'n Shop with AJ Styles is good. Gallows and AJ briefly talk about how TNA never defends their talent.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Young Pageviews posted:

I don't have any animosity toward Noelle, but Rosenberg and Shoemaker's stream of unsubtle remarks to remind you she's attractive are a bit grating. All the "you can come back ANY time" and "man, our fans are going to go crazy for this episode" stuff is particularly unflattering when you consider that Noelle's 20 (per IMDB) and the dudes fawning over her are both in their mid-30s.

This is what I should have said. It is more accurate than saying she is annoying. I am sure she is a fine young lady but the way the show is when she is on is very annoying. First of all, she could be the hottest girl in the entire world and naked in the studio, but it is a radio show so who cares what she looks like. Not me. And the constant sucking up to her is horrible. Just talk about Summerslam.

The Mark Henry segment was awesome. He seems like an awesome guy. I would love to see Big Show chasing him around with oreos.

These two guys are way too big Hogan marks in 2014. He can't do anything but the same promo he did in 1987. How can they build a story line around him? He screws up his promos half the time.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Will the pisscast continue to employ Lance after his latest controversial tweets? If so, will they at least have him make an on-air apology for being a dumbshit about cancer charities?

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Blasmeister posted:

Will the pisscast continue to employ Lance after his latest controversial tweets? If so, will they at least have him make an on-air apology for being a dumbshit about cancer charities?

I have it on good authority, Karmine himself, that Lance Storm's audio booth has already been destoryed

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Ribsauce posted:

This is what I should have said. It is more accurate than saying she is annoying. I am sure she is a fine young lady but the way the show is when she is on is very annoying. First of all, she could be the hottest girl in the entire world and naked in the studio, but it is a radio show so who cares what she looks like. Not me. And the constant sucking up to her is horrible. Just talk about Summerslam.

Does she at least have some good stories about having Mick Foley as a dad?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Mick was always inviting Melina over for dinner.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
I know none of you give a poo poo but the third episode of Derailer Cast isn't coming out. I just spent several hours working on the episode fixing audio levels and editing things out and triming out fat and just molding the episode into something listenable.

Then Audacity crashed and I hadn't been saving because I was trying to hurry.

So, gently caress it, I'm done. Don't care, it was garbage anyway.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The only wrestling podcast that's good other than most of the F4W stuff is the Powerbombcast.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Rick posted:

The only wrestling podcast that's good other than most of the F4W stuff is the Powerbombcast.

What's it like? Do they do, or talk about, anything different than the many other ones out there? Or do you just like the hosts?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

epitasis posted:

POWER RANKINGS

what about Piper's show? Its really good, IMO.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I'd put Cornette's show somewhere in the upper echelon because it's a grumpy old man who doesn't follow the current business but unlike JR he doesn't actually spend that much time talking about the current business and so most of the show is him cutting promos on Republicans and having on old wrestlers (including a good number of people who don't make the regular rounds) to tell old war stories. It's Grandpa Radio but it's generally genial, interesting Grandpa Radio. I never knew that Kevin Sullivan sounds like he should have had a bit role in the Departed when he isn't Taskmastering.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

savinhill posted:

What's it like? Do they do, or talk about, anything different than the many other ones out there? Or do you just like the hosts?

That's some of it.

Just about every podcast I've heard goes through this format:

Re-reporting stuff broadcast on F4W, regurgitating the same opinion seen across the internet everywhere, or "pro wrestling personality" show. Hearing stuff straight from Meltz is less a game of telephone than it often is hearing people talk about stuff they claim he reported. And the weird mix of video game reporters and designers is a nice mix on the power bombcast and they have a couple people who have fairly unique opinions.

The "pro wrestling personality" shows are all Joe Rogan or Kevin Smith in tights, no thanks.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I enjoyed the hell out of Powerbombcast but I'm also a big fan of the Giant Bomb guys, and I know a lot of people aren't. So I'd only really recommend it if you can sit through 2+ hours of Jeff Gertsmann being wrong several times a week like I do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
For me, in no particular order:

Steve Austin Show
Piledriver Wrestling Audio Show
(OSW) Old School Wrestling Review
Place To Be Podcast (Particularly their Vintage Vaults.) I personally prefer using their podbay page for navigation. They were the inspiration for Jay Hunter to start OSW Review. Highly recommend these guys.

There are others I listen to, such as Talk is Jericho, Jim Cornette Experience and Art of Wrestling, but I tend to listen to those sparingly and even then skip through chunks of the podcast.

Lately, I've been getting into the New Generation Project and Attitude Era podcasts as well (both on Piledriver Wrestling).

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Aug 17, 2014

• Locked thread