Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I seldom listen to Colt's podcast, but the one with Rip Rogers a few months back is pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I like the Powerbombcast both because of and despite them not really following the ~scoopz~. It leads to conversations about not really knowing why the WWE network numbers are bad, but you also get a perspective that's outside of the internet fan bubble.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
New SNCJ up

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Blasmeister posted:

Will the pisscast continue to employ Lance after his latest controversial tweets? If so, will they at least have him make an on-air apology for being a dumbshit about cancer charities?

@KarmineSA posted:

@LanceStorm you are a dumb baby idiot who is no longer allowed to audio engineer my podcast. You're fired, Lance.

Tearing down the booth as we speak

This hurts me more than it hurts you Lance I promise.

Maybe we can get a Pisscast that can go 5 seconds before dropping calls, now.

Also, Bryan Alvarez is back to being a flippy little boy

dsriggs fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Aug 17, 2014

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
What soured everyone on Colt's podcast so much? I still consider his and Austin's to be my #1 and #2. Sure, Austin has access to a lot more people, but Colt is pretty good at getting guys who I don't know yet come away glad I heard their story.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Cos it keeps getting hacked and there's downloading problems.

I listened to the open of his first live in Edinburgh one. Shitey comedy, euphemisms and weather jokes. Rubbish.

I may go back & listen when he has a decent guest. If I can.

Colt, stop getting hacked!

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Too add some positivity though, I'm loving the Attitude Era podcast. During through the shows, loving the nostalgia. Some of their recurring phrases are a little jarring (the host going, "like", all the time and one of the guys' "Jeeessuuus!"), but that's probably because I'm listening to them too frequently.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Meltzer at a Wrestling related event (rare):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS9e9n17N0o

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

ICHIBAHN posted:

Too add some positivity though, I'm loving the Attitude Era podcast. During through the shows, loving the nostalgia. Some of their recurring phrases are a little jarring (the host going, "like", all the time and one of the guys' "Jeeessuuus!"), but that's probably because I'm listening to them too frequently.

I find some of the recurring stuff hilarious, especially Adam yelling "For gently caress's sake!" when something gets too ridiculous or problematic. As someone who just started watching wrestling recently, it's been a fun little primer on all the stuff I missed. I just wish there were more of them so that I didn't have to cycle through them every month or so.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Doctor Goggles posted:

I find some of the recurring stuff hilarious, especially Adam yelling "For gently caress's sake!" when something gets too ridiculous or problematic. As someone who just started watching wrestling recently, it's been a fun little primer on all the stuff I missed. I just wish there were more of them so that I didn't have to cycle through them every month or so.

The Big Boss Man behaving badly kills me every time.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Doctor Goggles posted:

I marked that down to a phrase from their country. I wondered if over there they say like after a sentence, as to where over here they say like before their sentences.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Spikeguy posted:

I marked that down to a phrase from their country. I wondered if over there they say like after a sentence, as to where over here they say like before their sentences.

Yeah, adding "Like" to the end of sentences is just a regional thing, we do it pretty much unconciously. Adam's "Jeeeeesus" and "FOR. gently caress. SAKE!" break me up every time though.

I don't listen to that many podcasts. Just AEPodcast, OSWReview (although I'm starting to sour on them, they're starting to get too self-referential and circlejerky) and the occasional Bryan & Vinny.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I've heard AEP make positive references to OSW Review, but not the other way around. Have the guys ever shared thoughts about AEP?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Meltzer interviewing Hulk Hogan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH5Zj40zp5M

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Spikeguy posted:

I've heard AEP make positive references to OSW Review, but not the other way around. Have the guys ever shared thoughts about AEP?

Jay helped the AEP get a start by walking them through the podcasting process and OSW (Or Jay Hunter at least) have recommended AEP on numerous occasions. It's how they got their start.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Gonzo McFee posted:

Jay helped the AEP get a start by walking them through the podcasting process and OSW (Or Jay Hunter at least) have recommended AEP on numerous occasions. It's how they got their start.

Yeah on the AEP Q&A special episode they gave Jay HUGE credit for all the advice he has given them.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

OSW is the anti AEP for me. AEP speaks to me with 3 guys who have a good podcast charisma and reflect on something they liked when they are children and are now reflecting on with the experience of years. OSW is quite pointless unless it's the video version, even after doing multiple episodes they have no flow, they constantly start laughing their heads off for reasons I can't understand, and they seem quite juvenile.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

was this after the Ultimate Warrior's wife called hogan out and demanded he quit talking about her dead husband?

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Yeah, adding "Like" to the end of sentences is just a regional thing, we do it pretty much unconciously. Adam's "Jeeeeesus" and "FOR. gently caress. SAKE!" break me up every time though.

I don't listen to that many podcasts. Just AEPodcast, OSWReview (although I'm starting to sour on them, they're starting to get too self-referential and circlejerky) and the occasional Bryan & Vinny.

I really like how Kefin has learned to set up Adam by slowly dragging stuff out.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Eleanor Pwnsevelt posted:

was this after the Ultimate Warrior's wife called hogan out and demanded he quit talking about her dead husband?

To be fair, I'm sure Warrior brainwashed his family into thinking Hogan is literally Satan in the same way Axl Rose has demonized Slash within his inner circle.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Hulkster, I've fallen for you.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt posted:

Yes, but luckily she does not control whether or not people can talk about him.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialUltimateWarrior/posts/783131635042832

[quote=Warrior
August 15 at 4:43pm] ·
Statement from Dana Warrior

I've been really quiet since the passing of my husband and the father of my girls. Someone sent me what Mr Bollea had to say in video interview with Grantland yesterday and I would just like to ask him to stop.

He is the only person in the WWE Universe who did not give a call or send a card. My girls asked why he didn't check on us like everyone else and I explained simply there isn't a camera at our mailbox or in the house when we receive our calls.

I would ask respectfully Mr Bollea, for you to understand my girls hurt and just let some time pass before you say anything more.

Dana A Warrior[/quote]

MassRafTer posted:

Yes, but luckily she does not control whether or not people can talk about him.

Hulk's rules brother

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Hulk Hogan lies a whole lot and is generally a cock but he's trolling ghost Jim Helwig so go Hulkster.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

When the guy who said your son would be better off if you died and said lots of terrible things about you and your family to get attention you are allowed to say whatever you want when he dies. It is the carny code.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Warrior hated Hogan because in the carny code red and yellow stood for queering (everything to do with it).

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.
I've only seen a couple of references to it, but the New Generation Project Podcast is (now) a good review podcast. It's not AEP, but it's my second favorite of the genre (apparently there's a "Ruthless Aggression"-era cast). The first several episodes are very dry, because they haven't gotten down the rhythm and don't have any soundbites edited in. They're at the point where Nitro has just started, and the show's really come into its own. I'd definitely recommend it, but they don't start hitting their groove until KOTR 94.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

https://twitter.com/HulkHogan/status/291745537785470976

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Main Event Superstars - Summerslam 2014

Sunsweet and I review Summerslam 2014 on this episode.

Subscribe on iTunes Subscribe on Stitcher

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

:allears: Amazing. Never change, brother.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Daniel Bryan posted:

Main Event Superstars - Summerslam 2014

Sunsweet and I review Summerslam 2014 on this episode.

Subscribe on iTunes Subscribe on Stitcher

ditto

WHPC Episode 54 - Blood and Urine and Vomit

http://www.mediafire.com/download/p4fo2npcqi80ba7/054+Wrestlehut+Pisscast+NO+MUSIC.mp3

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

JR's show with Bully Ray was a lot more listenable than the show has been recently. I'll put that down to the fact that Bully likes to talk and he maintained pretty good control of the interview, though he threw up a few softballs for JR to follow up on that JR just completely missed in favor of whatever was on his list of things to ask next. Every time it seemed like JR was about to meander on for a bit after asking his initial question, Bully would just speak up and start answering it and JR would shut up and listen.

I think many of his guests have respect for JR and feel awkward about cutting him off and just let him talk and talk which wrecks the flow of the interview pretty badly - while I don't think it needs to be in the form of Vince McMahon screaming in his ear I do think he could use a producer who keeps him on track.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Big Dave Meltzer posted:

Everyone who's not in WWE right now wants to go to New Japan, and I know some guys in WWE who want to go to New Japan as well.

I'd love to know who those guys in WWE are. Cesaro maybe? He's not being used well and has the skills to do well there.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Thauros posted:

I'd love to know who those guys in WWE are. Cesaro maybe? He's not being used well and has the skills to do well there.

Bray loves New Japan, so maybe him.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Thauros posted:

I'd love to know as well. It's easy to see why they'd want to go over there. It seems that they get to be more of themselves rather than beholden to a 'product' and yeah, it's on a lesser stage and all that but if you just love wrestling and want a steady pay then you can see why NJ is tempting.

Both Cesaro and Wyatt have been treated poo poo since Wrestlemania so I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't on that list. I would say Ziggler but I think he's on the cusp of getting a decent push. Probably Sandow as well.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Ziggler would be KILLED in New Japan. You think he's easily injured in WWE? Imagine Ziggler vs Shibata. Or Ziggler vs Suzuki. Or Ziggler vs Ishii.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Ziggler would be KILLED in New Japan. You think he's easily injured in WWE? Imagine Ziggler vs Shibata. Or Ziggler vs Suzuki. Or Ziggler vs Ishii.

On the other hand, he'd try to sell the Rainmaker by somehow bumping over the top rope.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Bryan Alvarez posted:

First half was your typical Randy Orton match, chinlocks and the like. But then it got good.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

On the other hand, he'd try to sell the Rainmaker by somehow bumping over the top rope.

That would be worth it by itself. It'd be the update on the Rock taking a Stunner.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

He'd go for a triple rotation flip bump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dxUjBZBCCE

• Locked thread