Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Hungry and drunk but don't have proper ingredients to make anything 'real'? Just drink more until you will eat your loving baking soda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

Yeti Yeti Yeti posted:

Reminds me of this: http://lifehacker.com/5735033/the-home-office-sandbox

Lifehack: Get sand all over EVERYTHING you own.

I'm his loving irate broom.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

Karma Monkey posted:

PYF Recipe Debates ITT!

Anyway, here, enjoy yet another solution to a nonexistent problem.

This is actually extremely legit. If you're at a party it means everyone can access the chips in a 360 degree radius. Also, you can roll it up further so the chips are always at the top. It's a better way to serve chips and takes about 5 seconds.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

redweird posted:

This is actually extremely legit. If you're at a party it means everyone can access the chips in a 360 degree radius. Also, you can roll it up further so the chips are always at the top. It's a better way to serve chips and takes about 5 seconds.

Do you not own plates?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

cthulhoo posted:

Do you not own plates?

Do you mean bowls?

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Wandle Cax posted:

Do you mean bowls?

Yeah, that would also work, I guess.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
Lifehack: Use dishes so you don't have to eat food out of bags like a horse.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Meatwave posted:

Lifehack: Use dishes so you don't have to eat food out of bags like a animal.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Need full 360 degree access to chips? Drop them on the floor and eat them like a animal.

e: f,b

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Actually that tip is useful and I'm eating chips right out of the bag right now because I don't like wasting dishes on menial things, sorry guys.

edit: I'll let you know how the wine cooking and no-chili chili making goes.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

CJacobs posted:

wasting dishes on menial things

If only there was a way to reuse tableware.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Allow me to rephrase then. My dishwasher is broken and I don't like washing dishes when I can avoid doing so. So yeah this lifehack is still at least marginally useful. I can think of precisely 0 situations in which you would need a guide on how to prepare common foods LIEK A BOSS, but it's hard to go wrong with general convenience stuff.

edit: vvv That's pretty much what they're for so yeah exactly :shrug:

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 12:11 on Aug 18, 2014

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Lifehacks: when spending literal seconds to wash a loving plate after eating like a normal human being is just too much :effort:.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

cthulhoo posted:

Lifehacks: when spending literal seconds to wash a loving plate after eating like a normal human being is just too much :effort:.

While I was in college my parents switched to paper plates unless company was over because they didn't want to rinse dishes and load/unload the dishwasher. I came home for break and didn't even know what the gently caress.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

13Pandora13 posted:

While I was in college my parents switched to paper plates unless company was over because they didn't want to rinse dishes and load/unload the dishwasher. I came home for break and didn't even know what the gently caress.

That's the type of wasteful, lazy behavior I would expect some to have when the first move out for college.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Choco1980 posted:

"This recipe will have Lollis surrounding you..." :pedo:

Christ, missed that part. Here's a delicious recipe for committing sex crimes, human being!

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
Not having a dishwasher and three other roommates was a nightmare where missing one night of doing dishes meant spending at least an hour doing dishes so gently caress yeah we switched to paper plates.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

My Lovely Horse posted:

I've never seen quite such an eclectic mix of cutesy talk and profanity. "Mix until yummy yum-yum goodness ensues! Don't be a human being about it!" Are tumblr and reddit doing crossover promotions or what.

I'm pretty sure that recipe was literally written by a pedophile.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

these kids need to shut the gently caress up and just buy some cosmic brownies

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
Use this one weird trick to disable your monitoring anklet and sneak into the grade school bake sale!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The Bee posted:

I'm pretty sure that recipe was literally written by a pedophile.
Like I said

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

13Pandora13 posted:

Sever.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

CJacobs posted:

Actually that tip is useful and I'm eating chips right out of the bag right now because I don't like wasting dishes on menial things, sorry guys.

edit: I'll let you know how the wine cooking and no-chili chili making goes.

What, no chopsticks?

Anyway, a lifehack: If you have a long haired pet, and you are tired of vacuuming your carpets, put on some sneakers (need to have rubber soles, preferably clean of course) and then scrape the carpet with them. Hairs will just come out for you to pick up.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

cthulhoo posted:

oh please :rolleyes:

Send_Ninjas
Oct 10, 2006
If you were planning on eating chips out of the bag folding it like that might make it a bit easier for very little effort. You can also close the bag when you are done instead of having to transfer the chips from a bowl back to the bag. That's assuming you aren't planning on eating the whole bag of chips in which case the floor is your best bet I suppose.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Disco Infiva posted:

What, no chopsticks?

Anyway, a lifehack: If you have a long haired pet, and you are tired of vacuuming your carpets, put on some sneakers (need to have rubber soles, preferably clean of course) and then scrape the carpet with them. Hairs will just come out for you to pick up.

Disposable latex gloves work excellent for this as well, especially for furniture. That's the real one, here a "life hack": address the problem at the source by vacuuming the dog.

Coffee Wolf
Oct 12, 2007

Mmmmm Banana

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

Now my $350 collectable fashion Nikes are covered in dog hair. Got a lifehack to fix that?

Also, I just followed this lifehack and now I desire to urinate but I do not know what one does when they desire to urinate.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Feeling tired at night time? Go to sleep for 8 hours. You will wake up feeling refreshed and ready to start the day.

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

TVarmy posted:

Now my $350 collectable fashion Nikes are covered in dog hair. Got a lifehack to fix that?

Also, I just followed this lifehack and now I desire to urinate but I do not know what one does when they desire to urinate.

Never mind! Wikihow had my back and now I can perform a courtesy pee. It's NSFW if your boss is a weirdo who hates tasteful sketches of women urinating through their panties.

onemanlan
Oct 4, 2006

TVarmy posted:

Never mind! Wikihow had my back and now I can perform a courtesy pee. It's NSFW if your boss is a weirdo who hates tasteful sketches of women urinating through their panties.

That whole page was made for some pee fetishist to animate his desires. I doubt one person ever thought soberly to themselves 'if I just piss hard enough I can push through the underware and spare myself a few seconds at the cost of some dignity.'

It's all about perspective, you see. You're not going to jail, but an extended vacation from society! All about perspective... and terrible analogies.

You don't say the best time to get out and see the stars is when there is very little light? Well I never...

Dont forget to breath while you're at it.

This isn't even an attempt at making your life better.

onemanlan has a new favorite as of 00:45 on Aug 19, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

onemanlan posted:

Dont forget to breath while you're at it.

I like that they know their target audience is children.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

onemanlan posted:

You don't say the best time to get out and see the stars is when there is very little light? Well I never...

I know this is pretty dumb but one time in college all the power on campus went out and everyone went outside and mingled instead being cooped up in the dorms. It was pretty cool

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

SaltLick posted:

I know this is pretty dumb but one time in college all the power on campus went out and everyone went outside and mingled instead being cooped up in the dorms. It was pretty cool

Lifehack: In college and want to make new friends? Smash the fuse box!

Jesus, kids these days. :ughh:

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

TVarmy posted:

That is 100% for pee fetishists (and hilarious): "Underwear with a thick crotch will probably get thoroughly soaked. Some people enjoy this. If you discover that you like soaking your underwear, you may prefer to wear skirts." Also, don't hold your underwear tight while peeing through it because someone might figure out that you're peeing...as opposed to them noticing the stream of urine or the fact that your jeans are pulled down (but not the underwear; modesty is important when peeing outside!). Don't forget to practice a bunch ahead of time and make sure you do your own laundry because you'll be constantly peeing your pants once you realize how awesome it is.

That is the funniest link in the thread.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Karma Monkey posted:

Lifehack: In college and want to make new friends? Smash the fuse box!

Jesus, kids these days. :ughh:

Eh it was more akin to a neighborhood "night out" where people just mulled around and did things outside their dorm instead of special nights at a student center

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

White, sugar-laden bread, filled with Nutella, rolled in sugar. Yup, healthy.

That's about the level of accuracy I've come to expect.

I love how they have to specify 'white girl' on this. God forgive me if I give it to the wrong gender or ethnicity.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
Lifehackable is a satire site, right?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The goons on the forums looked from lifehack tumblr to lifehack parody tumblr, and from lifehack parody tumblr to lifehack tumblr, and from lifehack tumblr to lifehack parody tumblr again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Leper Residue posted:

Lifehackable is a satire site, right?

That one's "real", lifehackeble is the parody one