Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Ifrit helm is the best vs one because it makes me look like a Fremen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Fart Car '97 posted:

Rumble seats in the Valkyrie would be cool if Planetside 2 were a game where tactical insertion of a few people into an area mattered at all. But it's not, so who gives a poo poo what number of rumble seats it has?

1. its cool
2. tower points
3. shield gens

A gal has a big "HEY WE'RE COMING" sign, a valkyrie might attract less attention. Especially with everyone wanting to pull one, there's a good chance you'll get by

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lassitude posted:

That's hilarious. The thing is super frail and the rumble seat people can't hit anything at all, so why not double the number of people being dead weight in the vehicle? Hopefully at least they'll also roll out some big defensive boosts to the thing in the meantime. Either way, 4 rumble seats will make the valkyrie an amazing newbie trap/cert pinata.

I dunno my dream of a flying factory that shits endless Phoenixes while being goddamn near impossible to hit with anything but Flak or small arms is coming together nicely.

I saw a graphic from Vanu Labs' PTS data pull for a cert line for a rumble seat shield, was that in on test?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Four rumble seats means four people to join me in yelling "GET SOME GET SOME" to groundwalkers as we rain endless grenades and C4 on their heads while Creedence Clearwater Revival plays in the background.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

I dunno my dream of a flying factory that shits endless Phoenixes while being goddamn near impossible to hit with anything but Flak or small arms is coming together nicely.

I saw a graphic from Vanu Labs' PTS data pull for a cert line for a rumble seat shield, was that in on test?

Do you imagine a 6/6 valkyrie would be able to do more damage shooting phoenixes than three 2-person liberators? Or two 3-person galaxies? I'm having a hard time seeing it. Valkyries are fun to fly and their nose guns have the potential to be pretty cool, but it doesn't make any sense to me to want to use six guys to crowd into one air vehicle with a mere 2x the durability of an ESF, when you could just pull three valkyries without rumble seat guys and gently caress poo poo up with the nose guns. That said, could be fun to do just as a gimmick and it might be effective in some situations, but the big news for valkyries being their rumble seats being expanded isn't so encouraging.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Mortimer posted:

1. its cool
2. tower points
3. shield gens

A gal has a big "HEY WE'RE COMING" sign, a valkyrie might attract less attention. Especially with everyone wanting to pull one, there's a good chance you'll get by

Shield gens and towers aren't going to fall to 4 people without no solid respawn in any meaningful sized fight, though. It could work for the l33t ghost cap groups I guess.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Fart Car '97 posted:

Shield gens and towers aren't going to fall to 4 people without no solid respawn in any meaningful sized fight, though. It could work for the l33t ghost cap groups I guess.

have the pilot and gunner jump out that makes 6

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Chance posted:

Oh god higby mentioned the themes/references they were using for upcoming voice packs, two for each faction

Tr - russian/drill sergeant
NC - Arnold/action hero-y, and a starcraft scv-like
VS - Starscream-like, slow alien race from fifth element

edit: Valkyrie planned for next week, should see the 4 rumble seats on test soon, prob a bunch of tweaks after it's on live

I hope the Arnold voice pack has corny one liners for kills.

Shank a dude: "Knife to meet you."

Headshot: "You'll never be the head of a major corporation now!"

C4: "Special delivery."

And whatever else.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

I'm assuming that so far on test the Valkyrie's been useless for hovering low and taking out infantry, right? 'cause the only use I can see for it is a full squad loading up in 3-4 of them and then having them act as chopper backup for the rest of the squad, and the paper thin defense you guys mentioned sounds like it makes the Valkyrie useless for that

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

If the best thing it has going for it from a transport standpoint is 'less noticeable than a galaxy' then I think my case makes itself.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I hope the Arnold voice pack has corny one liners for kills.

Shank a dude: "Knife to meet you."

Headshot: "You'll never be the head of a major corporation now!"

C4: "Special delivery."

And whatever else.

C4 a tank: "Tanks for the certs!"

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Unclean009 posted:

So Valkyrie is super likely to have 4 rumble seats now.

No, it's not. They stated already that due to mechanical issues with the model they can't fit more than 2 rumble seats on it. The extra 2 seats are internal.

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

o muerte posted:

No, it's not. They stated already that due to mechanical issues with the model they can't fit more than 2 rumble seats on it. The extra 2 seats are internal.

You should watch higby's stream, he shows a pic with 2 on each side.

edit: I know, I didn't expect them outside either, more for the skyguards to eat
he also shows a short video example of the new hotness red dot system for scopes

Chance fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Aug 21, 2014

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Chance posted:

You should watch higby's stream, he shows a pic with 2 on each side.

Really? That directly contradicts what they said at fanfest.. Welp.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
I'm sorry but the Valkyrie with two dudes hanging out the side like a 'Nam era Huey is just 2 cool 4 skool. Their legs better dangle freely too while a stationary ammo can in the center of all 4 of them feeds them rockets and bullets.

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

Valkyrie segment: http://www.twitch.tv/planetside2/b/560192424?t=16m50s

Red dots: http://www.twitch.tv/planetside2/b/560192424?t=30m35s

edit: VS aurax heat mechanics on guns (still a big maybe) http://www.twitch.tv/planetside2/b/560192424?t=51m13s (a few min before he talks about NC/TR lmgs a bit but nothing too crazy, just that since the guns don't share the same role in the same class aurax weapons won't be blanketed with the same attachments per gun type)

Chance fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Aug 21, 2014

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Planetside 2: Arghy Knew

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Player Studio optics :getin:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Man, that red dot sight thing is something that sounds tiny that's going to be huge.

Huge as in, now the IRNV master race will get EVEN MORE benefit out of spamming smoke :getin:

Lassitude posted:

Do you imagine a 6/6 valkyrie would be able to do more damage shooting phoenixes than three 2-person liberators? Or two 3-person galaxies? I'm having a hard time seeing it. Valkyries are fun to fly and their nose guns have the potential to be pretty cool, but it doesn't make any sense to me to want to use six guys to crowd into one air vehicle with a mere 2x the durability of an ESF, when you could just pull three valkyries without rumble seat guys and gently caress poo poo up with the nose guns. That said, could be fun to do just as a gimmick and it might be effective in some situations, but the big news for valkyries being their rumble seats being expanded isn't so encouraging.

Ah yes, but you see I despise Liberators and consider them too cumbersome to be worth the cost and not worth the time required to make them worth even getting decent with them, and 2 Gals (while really fun and you only need a pilot and a gunner if the gunner is good) would be extremely expensive as well.

Also, neither of those could operate without having to leave cover if required. Of course it's a gimmick! The prime things it has going for it is 1) anything that involves instagibbing HE spamming shitlords is worth it AUTOMATICALLY and 2) it's something I haven't been doing since release.

I'm NC, if I'm going for maximum AV killing efficiency I'm going to pull a Battle Gal or a Vanguard. I guess AI is a thing too but it's like an ecosystem in that you've got the AP Vanguards at the top and a whole lot of HEAT/PPA Magriders and 1/2 Prowlers at the bottom so it's important to maintain balance

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Aug 21, 2014

dirty nub
Jan 19, 2009

I did it

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

o muerte posted:

I love my commissar hat, if only because I know people are staring at it on the death screen and getting even madder.

Same feeling here. I love that lovely hat.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

o muerte posted:

I love my commissar hat, if only because I know people are staring at it on the death screen and getting even madder.

More like getting creeped out by the uncanny valley :stonk:

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
The sunderer directive reward should be a turbo boost.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Periphery posted:

The sunderer directive reward should be a turbo boost.

And cheapen the eventual accomplishment of getting a gigantic bus into weird places?

It should be an ice cream truck horn

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

It should be a train horn

FTFY.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

So I'm just gonna call it now that the vehicle-Fracture is going to be absolutely amazing, but TR will cry their eyes out that it does less DPS per second than a Vulcan against rear armor at point blank in VR, so it will have to be changed. It'll be awful afterwards, and end up just like with the Cougar.

Meanwhile the Enforcer will get buffed.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Away all Goats posted:

More like getting creeped out by the uncanny valley :stonk:

You don't like the thousand yard stare?

Westy543 posted:

So I'm just gonna call it now that the vehicle-Fracture is going to be absolutely amazing, but TR will cry their eyes out that it does less DPS per second than a Vulcan against rear armor at point blank in VR, so it will have to be changed. It'll be awful afterwards, and end up just like with the Cougar.

You shut up.

I'LL CUT YOU.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
So if the TR's vehicle secondaries are getting their roles switched does that mean their prices will switch too? If so then it would probably be a good idea to pick up the Marauder while it's still a cheap item.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
the harasser vulcan is kickin rad fun to use so yes I'd be sad if I couldn't do that anymore.

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older
Forum maintenance :argh:

Daily sale: Dreadnought / Nightstriker / Hyperion helmet
Members sale: RAMS .50M / EM4 Longshot / Parallax VX3

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Westy543 posted:

They'll just balance it the same way they balance all of TR's poo poo: they'll make it stupidly OP and Forumside will bitch that it's not the Enforcer or Saron.

Honestly, at this point TR could get an actual portable nuke that wipes out every enemy on every continent instantly, deletes their account, and maxes out their credit card and they'd still bitch that it's not good enough. It's the TR way.

Meanwhile: Higby pls:

- My understanding is that it's ALL VS small arms that they were considering a heat mechanic for? That's what it sounded like, at least. (Reminder that that is PURELY SPECULATION.) Kinda nuts if true. Arghyside is real!

- Charge weapon mechanics getting worked on so that they're not retarded? YES PLEASE. Maybe they'll make the Spiker not crap in the process!

- ZOE/Lockdown/AEGIS getting a looking at.

- Vulcan may be made into the Banshee. (And lo, we watch as TR gets a better version of the PPA and claims it's fair and balanced.)

Gonkish fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Aug 21, 2014

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Gonkish posted:

- Vulcan may be made into the Banshee. (And lo, we watch as TR gets a better version of the PPA and claims it's fair and balanced.)

Don't be ridiculous. They'll claim it's poo poo and refuse to use it.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Isn't a vehicle based fracture literally the enforcer anyway?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Blasmeister posted:

Isn't a vehicle based fracture literally the enforcer anyway?

Pretty much. That'd at least get TR a weapon on par with the Enforcer or Saron for AV work.

illrepute
Dec 30, 2009

by XyloJW
The best NC hat is obviously the one that lets you cosplay as a civil war re-enactor.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Heat mechanics allowing VS to get absurd DPM by burst firing would pretty much fix VS guns and we'd still need ammo for maxes/rockets/NS weapons. TR/NC would still get the best DPM but a VS could theoretically never reload if he managed his burst fire well enough.

Heat mechanic would make VS so loving OP because you'd be training newbies from the start to burst fire so you'd get a faction of amazing players because atleast 50% of them would learn while the rest died and joined another faction hopefully.

illrepute
Dec 30, 2009

by XyloJW
He knew. HE KNEW

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Arghy posted:

Heat mechanics allowing VS to get absurd DPM by burst firing would pretty much fix VS guns and we'd still need ammo for maxes/rockets/NS weapons. TR/NC would still get the best DPM but a VS could theoretically never reload if he managed his burst fire well enough.

Heat mechanic would make VS so loving OP because you'd be training newbies from the start to burst fire so you'd get a faction of amazing players because atleast 50% of them would learn while the rest died and joined another faction hopefully.

Just wanna point out that I'm an early adopter of such thought, and if anything, am the diviner and prophet of such thoughts.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Planetside 2: ARGHY IS LOVE, ARGHY IS LIFE

The more I think about having a Pulsar C with infinite ammo, the more I want to spend my entire life perched on a tree in Hossin shooting idiots who don't look up. All day long.

Gonkish fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Aug 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Auraxed the default VS engie gun, picked up the Pulsar C. Adjusting to a new gun feels weird. :(

• Locked thread