Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Pinterest Mom posted:

how many files do you have in /Pictures/iCarly ?

asks the dude who identified the picture as iCarly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
this thread is so raven

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

suite thread you got here

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

asks the dude who identified the picture as iCarly

he wants to trade

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I've never seen any other company jam as much ill-fitting product placement into TV as microsoft except maybe toyota on warehouse 13

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

qirex posted:

I've never seen any other company jam as much ill-fitting product placement into TV as microsoft except maybe toyota on warehouse 13

lipton/ford basically took over cbc's "quirky independent" programming a few years ago

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
In the 1994 film "Blank Check", the character Preston gives himself the name "Mr. Macintosh" after glancing at his Apple brand computer system. He is referred to by this name throughout the entirety of the film. It is currently unknown whether or not Apple, Inc. paid for this.

also the TV show "mindy project" has microsoft slate and winpho ads out the rear end

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I was watching this movie last week where a volvo auto-braking system was an integral part of a car chase

it's called "special ID" it's basically "donnie yen watched ong bak and the raid and got some ideas" and it's lame but amusing and on netflix streaming

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

qirex posted:

I was watching this movie last week where a volvo auto-braking system was an integral part of a car chase

it's called "special ID" it's basically "donnie yen watched ong bak and the raid and got some ideas" and it's lame but amusing and on netflix streaming

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1743720/

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
nothing was worse than the pepsi ads in Twister. the pespi logo itself was shoehorned into pivotal parts of the plot

i mean i wasn't expecting a Scorsese film but sheesh

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I bet that movie doesn't have any guys getting beat up with fire extinguishers though

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
bring back the mac clones

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

in contrast, The Davinci Code had to digitally remove the Apple Logo because the last scene in the movie (above mary's tomb) takes place in a part of the louvre which is a literal shopping mall with an apple store

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

nothing was worse than the pepsi ads in Twister. the pespi logo itself was shoehorned into pivotal parts of the plot

i mean i wasn't expecting a Scorsese film but sheesh

I dunno, all the Navy SEALs whose deaths were dramatized for Lone Survivor very conspicuously wore black UnderArmor boxer briefs both in justifiable situations like waking up in the barracks and in locations where it made absolutely no sense for them to be wearing underwear, like on an operating table.

Like, imagine if JFK were cruising through Dallas in his convertible sipping a Pepsi.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

ffffffffffffffffffff

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Phoenixan posted:

bring back the mac clones

i won a starmax 3000 at macworld 1997

e it shipped two-day and UPS went on strike the next day for 6 months. lol owned

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

graph posted:

i won a starmax 3000 at macworld 1997

e it shipped two-day and UPS went on strike the next day for 6 months. lol owned
was the company still in business by the time you got your machine?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

qirex posted:

I liked the fight scene in the car but found the ending anticlimactic

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

FMguru posted:

was the company still in business by the time you got your machine?

yes motorola is still in business

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

was the company still in that business by the time you got your machine?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

hobbesmaster posted:

was the company still in that business by the time you got your machine?

hm

you know what it might have been macworld 96 since clones were scrapped in 97

i was present at both keynotes :gerty:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

qirex posted:

there's a shot from avengers when the main object of focus is a car's logo rather than the alien fight around it

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the gnashing off teeth and wailing on the internet when steve killed clones makes rotor's torch-carrying for palm look minor in comparison

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

qirex posted:

the gnashing off teeth and wailing on the internet when steve killed clones makes rotor's torch-carrying for palm look minor in comparison

if the clones werent killed crapple would have gone oob

power computing was a raging, amazing force

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

computer parts posted:

there's a shot from avengers when the main object of focus is a car's logo rather than the alien fight around it

yeah but they didn't stop the movie for 10 seconds and have one of the characters say "wow using this audi infotainment system is a total breeze"

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

what the hell did they talk about at Macworld '96, did they even sell any computers that didn't go to schools

did they announce 50 new models of Performa computers or something

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Luigi Thirty posted:

what the hell did they talk about at Macworld '96

that was gil amelio and his 'we lost 755mil this quarter but we're fine, lol!'

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Cardboard Box A posted:

So is this going to be a thing all season?

i've already seen at least four games where the actual position coaches etc. weren't even bothering to use the surfaces, just using the same old photo binders.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

graph posted:

that was gil amelio and his 'we lost 755mil this quarter but we're fine, lol!'

the only mid-90's "business disaster" person i knew called gil was from the simpsons so i looked this guy up and his wikipedia is gold

quote:

Amelio cited several problems at Apple including a shortage of cash and liquidity, low-quality products, lack of a viable operating system strategy, undisciplined corporate culture, and fragmentation in trying to do too much and in too many directions.

quote:

During Amelio's tenure Apple's stock continued to slump and hit a 12-year low in Q2 1997 that was at least partially caused by a single sale of 1.5 million shares of Apple stock on June 26 by an anonymous party who was later confirmed to be Steve Jobs.[5] Apple lost another $708 million. On the July 4, 1997 weekend, Jobs convinced the directors to oust Amelio in a boardroom coup; Amelio submitted his resignation less than a week later; and Jobs then became interim CEO on September 16. In a 2007 interview with technology journalist Gina Smith, who asked him how Apple was doing, Jobs quoted Amelio as once saying:

"Apple is like a ship with a hole in the bottom, leaking water, and my job is to get the ship pointed in the right direction."

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

qirex posted:

SPL was really good but everything donnie's done since then has been kinda lovely

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

quote:

"Apple is like a ship with a hole in the bottom, leaking water, and my job is to get the ship pointed in the right direction."
only people with a mba can say sentences like this without getting a nosebleed

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Blackula69 posted:

SPL was really good but everything donnie's done since then has been kinda lovely

mainland china killed hk movie quality, now every movie has to have some weird message about cooperation or self-sacrifice at the end and I swear they shoehorn in mandarin-speaking characters just because

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

qirex posted:

only people with a mba can say sentences like this without getting a nosebleed

lmao that's a pretty apt description of how well he managed apple

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

if you like martial arts movies watch this one, it is awesome http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0821470/

also wait, did steve anonymously tank the apple stock and then convince the board the lovely stock performance warranted him coming back onboard 2 months later? oh man that guy was ridiculous

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

qirex posted:

mainland china killed hk movie quality, now every movie has to have some weird message about cooperation or self-sacrifice at the end and I swear they shoehorn in mandarin-speaking characters just because

isn't this slowly becoming "all movies" now?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I watched this one chinese movie recently that spent the whole time setting up a huge battle between the evil army and the free-spirited people who just wanted to live in peace but were fighting the government and at the end the rebels just gave up and the army blew up the peaceful village anyway and I was like "hm" :geno:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

no it's okay we're going to release exciting new products in 1997 such as a digital camera with a floppy disk drive and a kit that lets you connect your Mac to apple eWorld for only $15 per hour

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

qirex posted:

I watched this one chinese movie recently that spent the whole time setting up a huge battle between the evil army and the free-spirited people who just wanted to live in peace but were fighting the government and at the end the rebels just gave up and the army blew up the peaceful village anyway and I was like "hm" :geno:

transformers 5: evil robots invade the earth and try to stomp on hollywood, but then michael bay cuts out one of their brains and gets inside this awesome robot and reprograms it so it can change into anything, then he kicks the other robots' asses until everything explodes and people elect him king of earth

oh and bay's robot is powered by fellatio

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

univbee posted:

isn't this slowly becoming "all movies" now?

china is the largest market for American films so they will have special Chinese versions with a scene spliced in featuring some famous actor and how he totally saves everyone and is way better than the stupid American hero so the Chinese government will tell everyone to go see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

qirex posted:

reminds me of the end of ip man, where apparently the japanese army just unconditionally surrenders at the end of world war 2. except it's implied that they surrendered to china

• Locked thread