Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

So basically, if you get an adventurer outside your realm, you're hosed? It's not like you're ever going to get anybody in another realm to like you enough to kill somebody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

TTBF posted:

You can't form plots to murder your children.

poo poo that's right. Welp.

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

Can't say I'm going to cry for Assassinations. It always struck me as kinda weird that you could just skip an entire mechanic through vast piles of money.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Yeah, the assassination option was a bit odd after they added plots.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

VerdantSquire posted:

Can't say I'm going to cry for Assassinations. It always struck me as kinda weird that you could just skip an entire mechanic through vast piles of money.

I agree with that.

At the same time, I do hope they tone down adventurers a bit, cause assassination was often the only way to stop then before they fall on you with a ridiculous large army.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Elias_Maluco posted:

I agree with that.

At the same time, I do hope they tone down adventurers a bit, cause assassination was often the only way to stop then before they fall on you with a ridiculous large army.

Isn't that a bug they never fixed that they show up with 50,000 people and are actually supposed to be scaled to your maximum army size?

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

There are going to be more Anglo-Saxon to English kind of culture conversions. I'm interested in if there are going to add in a few fantasy cultures.

Edit: Also, Tribal vassals use prestige as gold now.

VerdantSquire fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Aug 28, 2014

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Tribal holdings represent the entire province, the only possible holdings besides them in a province are a temple. They play very differently, less gold oriented, more prestige used to do things.

E: The brother went into hiding to foil the plot!

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Characters who discovers a plot against them can go into hiding, which has a custom trait.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Plots getting an overhaul. At last.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
You can turn tribes into feudal realms OR MERCHANT REPUBLICS :allears:

Spiderfist Island
Feb 19, 2011
Saxon, Lombard, Avar, and Visigothic culture is going to be represented. It looks like the tribal kingdom of Saxony is going to be Norse religion, rather than a new Germanic paganism.

Tribal cultures can build up a hill fort into a Castle and become feudal after a certain tech group.

fake edit: OR they can become merchant republics?

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Still no schism.

EDIT: Being found scheming to kill someone will now piss off everyone.

Also, Zunists?

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Aug 28, 2014

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

A century too late for Celtic pagans. At least. :qq:

Spiderfist Island
Feb 19, 2011
A hell of a lot of Manichees just off camera in central Asia.

Edit: and Zunism

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Zunists have no-to little special mechanics.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Spiderfist Island posted:

A hell of a lot of Manichees just off camera in central Asia.

What is Zunism? Not on wiki or google...

Edit: Oh, search for Zunbils

Party In My Diapee fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Aug 28, 2014

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Spiderfist Island posted:

What, pray tell, is Zunism? A religion that worships Touhou?

EDIT: ^^ Oh, I see. Still no schism, but at least we get that stuff, I guess. Suppose it's easier to add.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Can't wait to play as Charlemagne's bitter little brother.

Update: "Decadence sucks, we're gonna make it slightly less poo poo."

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Aug 28, 2014

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

And no one ate dinner that night.

NihilVerumNisiMors posted:

You can turn tribes into feudal realms OR MERCHANT REPUBLICS :allears:

FINALLY, I can start my own Norse merchant republic without having to break the game's mechanics in half. Most Serene (not at all serene) Republic of Scandinavia here I come. :getin:

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Observer mode is now literally God Mode.

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

CK2 multiplayer observers can fire events for players. That could easily become very annoying/hilarious depending on how they handle it.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

ThaumPenguin posted:

Observer mode is now literally God Mode.

To elaborate on this, you can now fire events for people while in Observer Mode. Devilspawn for everybody!

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

ninjahedgehog posted:

To elaborate on this, you can now fire events for people while in Observer Mode. Devilspawn for everybody!

That sounds like loads of fun.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

VerdantSquire posted:

There are going to be more Anglo-Saxon to English kind of culture conversions. I'm interested in if there are going to add in a few fantasy cultures.

Edit: Also, Tribal vassals use prestige as gold now.

Enjoy losing all your special buildings...

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
I don't have a problem losing the assassination button at all, as long as dumb poo poo like Frank the random adventurer spawning with triple your max Imperial Levy is fixed.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

"We want to make vassal management harder."

Why.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
"Centralization" law, interesting

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Increasing centralization will increase your demesne size, which is a nice bonus. Legalism now no longer does that (or they're modifying how it does) and instead unlocks how high your centralization and crown laws can be.

Bel Monte
Oct 9, 2012
Legalism no longer a no brainer, it doesn't expand demense limits anymore, and instead is going to deal with laws. I didn't get a chance to read what it said before his cursor went away. :(

Edit: ^ Oh! Also, I shouldn't try to post new info, y'all are so fast!
V Thanks! Explains the interconnectivity of things, which they seem to be going for as a stylistic choice. Less "no brainer" choices.

Bel Monte fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Aug 28, 2014

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Bel Monte posted:

Legalism no longer a no brainer, it doesn't expand demense limits anymore, and instead is going to deal with laws. I didn't get a chance to read what it said before his cursor went away. :(

It unlocks the different crown laws.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
"A nastier kind of Gavelkind"

:shepface:

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

ThaumPenguin posted:

"We want to make vassal management harder."

Why.

Maybe theoretically to make big empires more difficult to hold? But what does 'harder' mean? I guess you could have every vassal with a malus for being subservient to you and get rid of the 'gift' button to pay them off, then that would be hard because you'd constantly be fighting wars for independence, lowering CA, or putting some guy on the throne, that game sounds like a lot of fun no it doesn't.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Pagans now get a "nastier" form of Gavelkind, called "Elective Gavelkind." No details on exactly what it does.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

ThaumPenguin posted:

Pagans now get a "nastier" form of Gavelkind, called "Elective Gavelkind." No details on exactly what it does.

How about 'each of your titles is up for a vote on who gets it.'

Orv
May 4, 2011

ThaumPenguin posted:

You keep what you kill.

Which is really just Gavelkind.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
No cadet branches yet.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

monster on a stick posted:

That sounds likely.

Also, no Cadet Branches for this DLC.

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010
Haha there was an event bug involving the kitten where it'd kept popping up and getting people maimed and killing everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

monster on a stick posted:

Seems complicated to do UI-wise. My first guess would be splitting your titles between the characters with the top 3 vote totals. Minimal implementation work since it could just reuse the gavelkind algorithm for three sons.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Aug 28, 2014

• Locked thread