Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Just allowing vehicle kills to count as kills towards Auraxiums would solve it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty nub
Jan 19, 2009

There should be a decal that displays your KDR on your shoulder. Actually it should just be mandatory.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Funky Valentine posted:

At the very least, can assist kills where I do most of the work count towards my Aurax?

One of my squadmates is furious because he cannot secure kills with the PDW and is only scoring assists. I went full-autist insane and got the PDW and MKV auraxed in 3 days each*, and he's been working 2 weeks on just the PDW and he's getting super salty about it :newlol:

*Sidenote: Tempest is pretty great

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Blasmeister posted:

Minimap chat

I use a fixed minimap so I can tell directions and such. I suppose you wouldn't need this if you're just solo pubbing.

I just with the little V shaped cone thing that represents you was instead a dot and a giant thin line indicating your exact facing.

In general though, I wish the entire UI was modifiable. Neverwinter and firefall do this, I know that. Planetside1's UI feels freer and less ridged than the planetside2 UI.

e: VVV- Assists are such poo poo in this game.

Ass_Burgerer fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Aug 29, 2014

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

Battlefield 4 uses the assist count as kills and it's nifty as gently caress.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Ass_Burgerer posted:

In general though, I wish the entire UI was modifiable. Neverwinter and firefall do this, I know that. Planetside1's UI feels freer and less ridged than the planetside2 UI.

I read somewhere the PS2 UI is Flash.

I don't know why, but I believe it 100%.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Azerban posted:

Close. It's ActionScript rendered in Scaleform. A bunch of games do this nowadays.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Segmentation Fault posted:

Close. It's ActionScript rendered in Scaleform. A bunch of games do this nowadays.

http://gameware.autodesk.com/scaleform It's pretty much one of the industry standards these days.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Azerban posted:

This is not a weird thing. This is, in fact, pretty loving normal.

bUm
Jan 11, 2011

Durendal posted:

Battlefield 4 uses the assist count as kills and it's nifty as gently caress.
Only if you do certain amounts of damage (75%+? Slightly lower if squadmate finishes them off), but I wholeheartedly agree most action-y online games should use this in some form from now on since it's good.

Edit:

Arghy posted:

It never shoulda been kills its shoulda been damage dealt, you do 50% damage on 2 people that other people kill it records that as 1 kill for your weapon. Change it to a simple 4 point system, 1 kill is 4 points and break it down to 25/50/75/100% so you throw a frag nade and do 75% damage to 4-5 people then a follow up frag from another person kills those guys and you get kills towards your medals.
I like the concept, but I feel like this would excessively reward explosives damage. Maybe it would work if you subsequently removed points if their shield recharged/were healed before their death (so explosive spam would do no good unless they were finished off shortly after it was inflicted).

bUm fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Aug 29, 2014

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Chance posted:

I've been using MSI afterburner (don't need an msi card), I have it set to prebuffer a little less than a gig of previous video into ram and then just hit record whenever I want the last bit of gameplay. Doesn't really impact my performance much.

Is this an NV specific thing? If it works on AMD cards I should look in to it. I have an obscene amount of ram that I normally use for disk caching but I could easily spare 4gb for buffering video.

Evilreaver posted:

One of my squadmates is furious because he cannot secure kills with the PDW and is only scoring assists. I went full-autist insane and got the PDW and MKV auraxed in 3 days each*, and he's been working 2 weeks on just the PDW and he's getting super salty about it :newlol:

What class were you using the NS guns on? I really don't like them on much beside HA or LA and I really want that HVA Armistice.

o muerte fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Aug 29, 2014

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Horizontal Tree posted:

Just allowing vehicle kills to count as kills towards Auraxiums would solve it.

Was talking to Malorn and Muldoon on Twitter, they said they're thinking of making it so vehicle destructions can also count for progress on the directives. They said "or" so probably dumbfiring say an ESF is still one point of credit. Malorn said they might also make it count for flak sources, so shooting down a Reaver where the pilot bails would still give you a kill towards aurax.

In response to scaleform UI, it may be standard but man it sure is cool when the game crawls to 15FPS trying to preview a non-owned cosmetic from a terminal. It renders too many UI frames or something and Flash has a meltdown. Pawkette (who is working on the PS4 UI) said she did some technical tests on getting UIs projected onto 3D world objects. Kind of like Star Citizen, where you walk up to a terminal and interact, and it's an actual world object you scroll through. There aren't really any plans to change how terminals work, but it's neat that it's available as an option on Forgelight.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

Westy543 posted:

Was talking to Malorn and Muldoon on Twitter, they said they're thinking of making it so vehicle destructions can also count for progress on the directives. They said "or" so probably dumbfiring say an ESF is still one point of credit. Malorn said they might also make it count for flak sources, so shooting down a Reaver where the pilot bails would still give you a kill towards aurax.

So... back to post release?

Seriously, I have my tank mines Auraxed but only 900 odd kills with them.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

I suspect they're doing something dumb/poorly optimized that's causing horrible UI-related slowdowns (like the soul-crushing delay between hitting M and actually seeing the map, for example) but it's not necessarily "because it's Flash", it's more that it's :soe:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I really hope they do go through with vehicle kills counting towards something, I'm sick of jackasses bailing at the last second.

Hell add both "bail" xp with ribbons and a directive for bailing. Cause you know the vast majority of the people that bail are just being passive aggressive dicks (see people who used to bail and smack into the ground or /suicide to deny you a kill for no other reason then being an rear end in a top hat) and this can be a subtle middle finger to those kind of people.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

One day I'll Lancer a bus full of TR before they all bail out and get mowed down by the rank-and-file.

One day.

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

o muerte posted:

Is this an NV specific thing? If it works on AMD cards I should look in to it. I have an obscene amount of ram that I normally use for disk caching but I could easily spare 4gb for buffering video.

Pretty sure it's agnostic. You can also use it to overclock but I just use it for video/screenshots (at least in non steam games) and to get a overlay with some basic pc stuff.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

Funky Valentine posted:

One day I'll Lancer a bus full of TR before they all bail out and get mowed down by the rank-and-file.

One day.

The other day a friend AP sniped a full Sundy... with 9 MAXs in it.
Amazingly, it wasn't TR.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

Horizontal Tree posted:

The other day a friend AP sniped a full Sundy... with 9 MAXs in it.
Amazingly, it wasn't TR.
Piñata buses great fun!

roxxor5678
Jan 17, 2005
Just finished an auraxium for the 99SV to go with my dumb Gauss SPR one. Only the VS variant left and then I will claim the title of King Sniperman.

The default semi-auto sniper rifles are way too underrated. Shelve the Vandal for a bit and go try one out. I made a terrible commemorative video of the 99SV's auraxium moment during a mindless Regent Rock farm today. Monstrous kill output on these things, just don't worry about missing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FypepwCbxcs

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
I don't think you understand exactly why the vandal is better.

It's not because of the offense it's because of the defense, that 0.75 ads makes an insane amount of difference in how hard you are to hit at range for the minimal time you are uncloaked, which is vital as an infil.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Evilreaver posted:

How the hell do you aurax guns so loving quick?

I mean, I try and every now and then I go absolutely berserk (I got the last 200 or so kills I needed on both the SV-88 and the second VS SMG in a single day), but normally only get 4-6 ribbons on a weapon in a day.

roxxor5678
Jan 17, 2005

A Tartan Tory posted:

I don't think you understand exactly why the vandal is better.

It's not because of the offense it's because of the defense, that 0.75 ads makes an insane amount of difference in how hard you are to hit at range for the minimal time you are uncloaked, which is vital as an infil.

You shouldn't be looking at the offense and defense as completely separate things. When you're killing a target and disappearing after 3 shots instead of 4, the ADS is a lot less important.

roxxor5678 fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Aug 29, 2014

wei
Jul 27, 2006
They serve different roles. The Phantom is a semi-auto Ghost that has 0 COF when you're standing still providing you don't spam the trigger. You can just click twice on someone's head to kill nearly as fast as a bolt action. If you try using the scouts at significant range the bloom is noticeable. I like the Nyx/Vandal too but I only use them for medium range stuff.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Alkydere posted:

I mean, I try and every now and then I go absolutely berserk (I got the last 200 or so kills I needed on both the SV-88 and the second VS SMG in a single day), but normally only get 4-6 ribbons on a weapon in a day.

A lot of play time. You can set a goal for yourself and have a gun auraxed in a specific amount of time.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

roxxor5678 posted:

You shouldn't be looking at the offense and defense as completely separate things. When you're killing a target and disappearing after 3 shots instead of 4, the ADS is a lot less important.

If you do it properly, it's two shots on both anyway. If you don't do it properly, that defensive edge gives you more than enough leeway to straight up murder someone in a ranged duel even if they are using a battle rifle.

They are both pretty good at being a ghetto shotgun though, which is easily my favorite thing about em.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.
I'm almost done with the Nyx and thought the Vandal had faster fire, better control, and weaker bullets by comparison but reviewing it on DA's site, it uh... it seems to be equal to or worse in every regard except having 3 more bullets and a roughly 10% smaller starting COF? And the movement speed, of course. It seems like it could be interesting to use with a silencer, since you're firing white tracers and if you're playing right you're doing it from a vague flank angle, but if that doesn't work the slightly advantaged control even when moving- and moving faster scoped- it's a good alternative.

The Phantom certainly has power per shot but it also takes a lot more time to place two headshots than with a Nyx, and doesn't hipfire nearly as well.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope
Some people snipe like this ===>. Others snipe like this <===.

Myself? I just run Vandal/Nyx with 4x and laser sight because I need it for close quarters combat. Rarely 6x with the nyx.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Alkydere posted:

Dasanfall has me at 62.4 Kills/Hr with 18 hours played with the MKV [A+], and 58/20 with the PDW [A**]. I went through a nasty breakup and drowned my sorrows with marathon sessions of PS2. I don't recommend it.

o muerte posted:

What class were you using the NS guns on? I really don't like them on much beside HA or LA and I really want that HVA Armistice.

Primarily LA, with a small touch of Medic/Engi in there when I absolutely had to. I loathe the weapons, they're unrepentant junk and I feel really sorry for the VS who say they're not bad/best-in-slot because drat.

Anyway the Tempest is pretty great.

Evilreaver fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Aug 29, 2014

wei
Jul 27, 2006

Evilreaver posted:

Primarily LA, with a small touch of Medic/Engi in there when I absolutely had to. I loathe the weapons, they're unrepentant junk and I feel really sorry for the VS who say they're not bad/best-in-slot because drat.

Nah, even the VS don't like the PDW or MKV.

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older
Aug 29
Daily sale: Harasser Lumifiber Trim EX
Members sale: MAX Composite Armor

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

wei posted:

Nah, even the VS don't like the PDW or MKV.

Yeah, I'm getting used to it, but 500 kills later I wouldn't call the PDW good, and I bet the MKV is just as "meh". It took me a while to realize that it desperately needed the exmags to work or else you're going to end up leaving the target alive and annoyed while you reload.

I miss the Sirius and Eridani, but I need to get through both of the NS-7 SMGS to get an SMG with HVA.

wei
Jul 27, 2006
Yup. We complain a lot about 30x143 DPMs but 30x125 is a whole new level of terrible. I like the Forward Grip so I run that and basically force myself to disengage after every kill or a series of missed shots. Fortunately that's not too hard to do as an LA. I tried exmags for a while but it felt like it got me killed more because the extra bullets encouraged me to stay in extended fights.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Basically, the NS-7 PDW is an SMG that trades the biggest advantage of other SMGs (giant pile of damage up close) to try to be some sort of carbine-SMG hybrid with a half-decent range. In the end it's an underpowered carbine that doesn't kill people fast enough. It's got the NS weapon characteristic which is "piss all damage per bullet for an incredibly accurate and controllable weapon". Sadly that is not a characteristic you want on an SMG.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

How noticeable is the Mag-Scatter iron-sights recoil change? I'd test it out myself, but PS2 has been loving baking my CPU lately.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

I haven't consistently played PS2 in quite a long time. Probably since February or March, I played a bit when Hossin came out then fell off again. Decided to pick it up again and I find out that I have ~2500 refunded certs from the timer change, and I put them all into reload timer and ammo capacity for the AP Lightning. I maxed out Racer 3 and Stealth a long time ago.

Tank hunting is the most fun I've ever had :negative: All I want to do is pull a lightning and roam around killing skyguards with their eyes on the sky, or prowlers shelling a base in lockdown mode. If I get into a situation where I'm being surrounded I can just run back to cover or an allied reinforcement line and re-arm.

gently caress Vanguards though :argh:

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
What scope do people prefer on the Vandal? Is the grip meaningful at all or do people just pick laser for the rare emergency hipfire situation?

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Trogdos! posted:

What scope do people prefer on the Vandal? Is the grip meaningful at all or do people just pick laser for the rare emergency hipfire situation?

Iron sights/2x reflex/3.4x-4x Crosshairs. You can put the 6x scope on it and pop dumb engineers and snipers in the head with it and get kills that way, but it isn't what the gun is best for.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I dont take the 4x off it because it's infuriating how off-center the red dot scope is. I expect to switch back to the red dots once they're fixed though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Horizontal Tree posted:

If we can have EMP/conc assists, can we have credit for loving bails on our noseguns already? :negative:

No, because I get more pleasure from bailing from my flares/AB ESF-taxi and not ever getting killed and the ensuing /tells than I do from actually shooting people

• Locked thread