Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

g0del posted:

The Constellation is ugly, and unless the Picard maneuver adds a gigantic ambush bonus and has an insanely low cooldown, it'll be a waste of a console slot. Even on an 11 console ship.

2m cooldown. :shrug:

And crap, this wasn't editing the last post. Ah well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I kind want to use one of those with the subspace jump console. Kinda like Yo-yo'ing around your target.

Burning_Monk fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Aug 28, 2014

Ibanez Murderface
Mar 7, 2005

#!/bin/bash
What if you use it with the temporal console that rewinds time? Would it just teleport you back to where you started?

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Asimo posted:

2m cooldown. :shrug:

And crap, this wasn't editing the last post. Ah well.
5 seconds of bonus, 2 minutes cooldown. It's completely worthless, though I guess if you're really, really good at hearing cloaked gankers prep an alpha strike it might let you get away.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Honestly, the Constellation should have been the default skin for the Heavy Cruiser since day one. The Cheyenne is in TNG, but it shows up for a split second in the wreckage at Wolf 359 along with a bunch of other ugly kitbashed ships. Also the Cheyenne looks worse than the Constellation to be honest and the original designs they made for the Heavy Cruiser look even worse.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I agree. Back when I watched the episode I decided to see which ship it was in-game and was surprised to see it missing from the roster.

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

All I can think about is your wife and a horse.
We are working on some SERIOUS SHIT in here.

Ludicro posted:

If you really want to see how much of a self important autismal tosspot Xean is, just look at this thread.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=804991

:psyduck:

:stare: Thank you for a fascinating look into the mind of XTERN1TY @ XTERN1TY, on the XTERN1TY 1 Starbase, fighting the alter personalities of XTERN1TY of XTERN1TY, with his XTERN1TY phasers, and XTERN1TY poontang.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Not My Leg posted:

It actually makes a certain amount of sense when you consider consoles. There would be literally no reason to ever buy the Valdore if it didn't have the Valdore console, but if the Valdore was T5 (or T6) then you might only buy the Valdore, and not also buy an end game ship. By putting useful consoles on essentially useless ships, they encourage you to buy more.

E: Basically what others already said, but with the added reason that putting good consoles on useless ships forces more buying.

Oh, it absolutely makes sense from an exploitative F2P point of view, it just doesn't make sense from a reasonable value of purchase point of view.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

NurhacisUrn posted:

:stare: Thank you for a fascinating look into the mind of XTERN1TY @ XTERN1TY, on the XTERN1TY 1 Starbase, fighting the alter personalities of XTERN1TY of XTERN1TY, with his XTERN1TY phasers, and XTERN1TY poontang.

What I like about Xtern1ty -- especially in the video posted by Dynov -- is this guy has attempted to create his perfect community on a multitude of different platforms, and it looks like they've all fallen flat. How is the Xtern1ty soundcloud channel? Runescape guild? Continual and inevitable failure doesn't seem to point him inward, like "Hmmm. Maybe I'm the problem here."

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

All I can think about is your wife and a horse.
We are working on some SERIOUS SHIT in here.

DonDoodles posted:

What I like about Xtern1ty -- especially in the video posted by Dynov -- is this guy has attempted to create his perfect community on a multitude of different platforms, and it looks like they've all fallen flat. How is the Xtern1ty soundcloud channel? Runescape guild? Continual and inevitable failure doesn't seem to point him inward, like "Hmmm. Maybe I'm the problem here."

That dumbass thought he was James Cameron. What a lackadaisical fool.

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Stand it like a man... and give some back
What is the release date for Delta? I'm wondering if it's worth picking up fleet target dmg mods and I don't want to waste the fc if the expansion is coming soon.

I'm new, fc still matters.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I was doing IGE earlier to get ready to gear up for the new expansion, but a very mean person messed it up and kept blaming me. Here's a log of the event.
http://pastebin.com/ua2Bwyak

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Filthy Lucre posted:

Can I get an invite?

Registered on the wiki as MoronAtLarge, in game is @MoronAtLarge.

You're in.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Buschmaki posted:

I was doing IGE earlier to get ready to gear up for the new expansion, but a very mean person messed it up and kept blaming me. Here's a log of the event.
http://pastebin.com/ua2Bwyak
A post office!

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

CrushedWill posted:

What is the release date for Delta? I'm wondering if it's worth picking up fleet target dmg mods and I don't want to waste the fc if the expansion is coming soon.

I'm new, fc still matters.

Around October 17th.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Asimo posted:

Sorta. It looks like it's some weird thing where they're getting bumped up to the equivalent quality of a Mk XIV white, which didn't exist until now. All of Cryptic's items have scaling stats, and each quality level on stuff like consoles effectively bumps it up an equivalent mark level. The backend must have changed to include the new mark levels in today's patch, and Cryptic didn't think to check that certain items might be affected.

I noticed that my embassy consoles got a little boost too, they give 11% plasma damage and 37 partgens now, which is pretty nice.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Soviet Commubot posted:

I noticed that my embassy consoles got a little boost too, they give 11% plasma damage and 37 partgens now, which is pretty nice.

Don't worry, this is getting fixed.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18882061#post18882061

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Since as usual everything's been changed while I was on one of my disappear for some months phases again, have I missed anything of interest while I try to catch up reading on what's different?

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3
What's the free zen store item today?

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Melchior posted:

What's the free zen store item today?

As of yet, unannounced. They tend to do that around either 10 AM or 12 PM PST/PDT.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Lorak posted:

As of yet, unannounced. They tend to do that around either 10 AM or 12 PM PST/PDT.

I was able to get the polytrinic acid horta just a moment ago, though now it's not showing anything when my fiance's looking at the store on his account.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

M_Sinistrari posted:

I was able to get the polytrinic acid horta just a moment ago, though now it's not showing anything when my fiance's looking at the store on his account.

Wasn't that a free item from the last giveaway?

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Korgan posted:

It's possible since today's the first time I've logged in for months.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Bagpuss posted:

Okay guys :siren:COMPETITION TIME!:siren:

What with the crystalline entity event and pubbies being terrible at it I thought we could have a little challenge to see who can find the most stacks of Re-Crystalize! Just post a screenshot in the thread, highest amount wins.

Starting bid is 178 (it actually got to 180 but I didn't screen that)

Prize: 10 promotional bug ship doff packs.

End date: when the event finishes, September 11th :911:

Good hunting!

Here's my current best with 268:

Couldn't get it any higher because too many pubbies gave up. Today, the CE wins the event.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Korgan posted:

Yeah it was and if you claimed it on any characters you got it as an account unlock. I've still got a bunch of guys to claim it on at some point but it's ground and :effort:.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Nothing is funnier than having your horta slowly roll up to an enemy and vape his rear end with salty spit. NOTHING!

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
It's even better when you give both your BOffs combat hortas in the Dyson ground battlezone, along with the quantum duplicator and other usables. Easily doubles your effective firepower.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
The free items are:
Friday August 29 – The “The Next Generation Season One” costume pack
Saturday August 30 – The “Galaxy Bridges” and “Raptor Bridges” bridge packs
Sunday August 31 – The “All Good Things Uniforms” costume pack
Monday September 1 – The “Support Cruiser Retrofit: Ambassador Class” Tier 5 starship and “Varanus Support Vessel” Gorn Tier 5 starship

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

SpikeMcclane posted:

The free items are:
Monday September 1 – The “Support Cruiser Retrofit: Ambassador Class” Tier 5 starship and “Varanus Support Vessel” Gorn Tier 5 starship

Oh nifty, I was just discussing getting a Varanus the other day for a klinksci. Now I'll be able to get the fleet one (is there one?) on the cheap.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

SpikeMcclane posted:

The free items are:

Here's hoping they didn't realise the Ambassador isn't a c-store ship so they have nothing to give away to Feds on Monday. :v:

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3
The free one is a t3 i thought? The fleet version is t5, though right?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Korgan posted:

Here's hoping they didn't realise the Ambassador isn't a c-store ship so they have nothing to give away to Feds on Monday. :v:
Haha. Well, Cryptic has shown they have the means to throw things in as account unlocks when they want to (like with the previously mentioned horta...)

I'm more impressed I actually don't have anything on the list here besides the Galaxy bridges.

Melchior posted:

The free one is a t3 i thought? The fleet version is t5, though right?
Retrofit, the T5 not-fleet one. Currently only available for fleet credits from the ship store, since it was previously the event freebie from the mission. Currently you only get the T3 one.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I know the Ambassador retrofit is kind of a crappy ship, but I like the design. Sometimes I'll use lovely ships like the Galaxy and stuff when I don't care about winning and I wouldn't mind having an Ambassador for the collection.

Being able to change ships on the fly is seriously one of the best features they added. I've kind of gotten into the habit of collecting starfleet ships and getting extra ship slots for them all. I have a Fleet Sovereign, Excelsior retro, Defiant retro, Galaxy retro, mirror Nova, mirror Prometheus and a mirror Sabre. I kind of want an Armitage\Akira, Nebula and Intrepid just because I like the designs. I even kept my refit Connie and Miranda.

Although in an STF with goons you'll probably only ever see me in the Fleet Sovereign or Suluboat because I don't actually want to completely dick you over by sucking really bad

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Stand it like a man... and give some back

Thom12255 posted:

Around October 17th.

Thanks for the info. I'll prob go ahead and upgrade things like boffs, getting my sixth space doff and getting the assimilated set, then see where I'm at in terms of time. If I don't have much time left before release once all that is done then I'll save the fc and dil for upgraded gear later.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, honestly I wouldn't be spending much at the moment until it becomes clearer what can be upgraded, what it's upgraded to, and how much it costs to do so. Just use generic weapons and maybe grab som,e basic gear (borg x2, spire core, fleet shield will cover you for 99% of situations) and otherwise just hoard dilithium, zen, and fleet credits yeah.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
How do I get the 6th down slot anyway? All my 50s show 5 available.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Thronde posted:

How do I get the 6th down slot anyway? All my 50s show 5 available.

150k Fleet Credits at the spire.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Oh yeah, more Delta Quadrant races shown off.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/7003043

Including the renegade Borg Cooperative. Might be getting some flyable Borg ships after all. :getin: The Octanti one looks nice too, but I've always liked the ring-style warp nacelle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18902351#post18902351

So unless it gets edited, it looks like I've just left Xean's story stuck with an NoP advertisement as it's final post.

• Locked thread