Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Rayjenkins posted:

So if I get this right, you want me to train GOKU in proper trolling?

Considering how upset he gets over the word butter an outfit of Rayjenkins would be a cruel and unusual punishment.

o muerte posted:

Really? I find VS guns to be basically the same as TR but more user friendly (better horizontal tolerance, faster reloads, more 0.75x options.) Long story short I do just as well on VS as TR and with the exception of a couple specific things (SABR, TORQ) don't really miss my TR guns at all. I hope at some point the VS get a general infantry pass that gives them a handful of unique guns (like the TR got the SABR, TRAP, TORQ and Lynx.) I very rarely miss the extra magazine because I'm landing more shots, and the quick reloads are pretty rad.

VS are tied for .75 guns with TR aren't they?

Sedisp fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Sep 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Why doesn't anybody ever complain about the MAX charge ability not working 90% of the time?

That's the ability you can use instead of lockdown right?

Faster bullets > faster running

E:

o muerte posted:

Really? I find VS guns to be basically the same as TR but more user friendly (better horizontal tolerance, faster reloads, more 0.75x options.) Long story short I do just as well on VS as TR and with the exception of a couple specific things (SABR, TORQ) don't really miss my TR guns at all.

I primarily play Engineer and Medic and on VS Medic I'm pretty much stuck using the NS-11A as most of the other guns don't do a thing for me unlike on TR where there are sooo many lovely options. For Engineer I again have the NS option, but to be fair I love the Serpent, but again, several better options on the TR side.

I actually do notice a difference in the bullet count, I love fighting VS because you can spray a burst, duck into cover like you're going to reload, they almost always have to reload, then you pop out and kill them with the twenty rounds you have left while they are reloading. For added fun shout out a "need ammo" when you duck into cover.

Klowns fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Sep 2, 2014

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Welp turns out bullets weren't just going through terrain this guy was abusing an invis bug http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2f82f5/br_17_takes_out_entire_da_squad_solo/ seriously good job SOE, roll back your loving servers introducing a shitton of old bugs.

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older
Sep 2
Daily sale: AMR-66 / Warden / Eidolon VE33
Members sale: MSW-R / GD-22S / Pulsar LSW

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

That's a really lovely members sale.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Pand posted:

That's a really lovely members sale.

But you could save 100 certs! That's upwards of 5 minutes of playtime. I guess it could pay off if you have a bunch of characters of the same faction for some reason, as it pushes the price under 100g, but still, kind of lackluster.

At least the guns themselves aren't poo poo?

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

West007 posted:

Why do I have to be such a competitive player. I always try to improve my :mlg: stats which deprives me of some of the fun. I also get legit pissed sometimes about EU lag and death streaks. What is the most fun for you to do in this game?

Idea: stop caring about meaningless video game statistics so much?

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Solo canrassing is my stress reducer in PS2. I will eventually aurax it without a driver.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Here is my super top secret guide on how to make loads of certs while also having loads of fun: GET IN MY BATTLE BUS YOU IDIOTS WHY DOES IT TAKE SO LONG TO GET A GUNNER WHAT THE gently caress.

bUm
Jan 11, 2011

Arghy posted:

Welp turns out bullets weren't just going through terrain
Good to learn I'm not crazy when I felt like I was being shot through hills sometimes tonight. Frustrating nonetheless though.

Periphery posted:

Here is my super top secret guide on how to make loads of certs while also having loads of fun: GET IN MY BATTLE BUS YOU IDIOTS WHY DOES IT TAKE SO LONG TO GET A GUNNER WHAT THE gently caress.
Accurate.

Pain in the rear end to find/get in from other squads though, which seems frequent. And then you help repair and someone ninjas your gun seat! Battle bus giveth, battle bus taketh away.

Terminal
Feb 17, 2003
The Void

Arghy posted:

Welp turns out bullets weren't just going through terrain this guy was abusing an invis bug http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2f82f5/br_17_takes_out_entire_da_squad_solo/ seriously good job SOE, roll back your loving servers introducing a shitton of old bugs.

The great thing is it's apparently a session long bug since he was at a completely different base last night knifing everyone near a cap point. :soe: really needs a basic GM paging function when reports on a single player hit a threshold. When I was a Guide in EverQuest the ticket queue was prioritized fairly frequently and exploit tickets were always highest priority.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

bUm posted:

And then you help repair and someone ninjas your gun seat! Battle bus giveth, battle bus taketh away.

This happened to me the other day and about four seconds later they hit a tank mine and died, I giggled and jumped in somebody else's tank to gun.

V V

/yell VS Sundered marked by medic shield bubble, fire away!

Klowns fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Sep 2, 2014

Desideratus
Oct 5, 2008

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

If I ever became invisible or unkillable in this game I'd just run around spamming voice macros to be obnoxious.

"Why can't we kill this guy?"
"I NEED A RIDE" "HOLD, LET ME RIDE ALONG"

"Where's this invisible Vanu guy at?"
"I NEED MORE BATTERIES" "GOT ANY AMMO"

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Clamps McGraw posted:

Idea: stop caring about meaningless video game statistics so much?

I don't know how to not care.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Desideratus posted:

If I ever became invisible or unkillable in this game I'd just run around spamming voice macros to be obnoxious.

"Why can't we kill this guy?"
"I NEED A RIDE" "HOLD, LET ME RIDE ALONG"

"Where's this invisible Vanu guy at?"
"I NEED MORE BATTERIES" "GOT ANY AMMO"
I did it once when I was revived underground right after we got pushed back from an attack.
Sure, I didn't kill anyone, but frankly just watching a whole squad freak out trying to find where I was and shooting pretty much everywhere while I was playing cold/warm/hot with them in /yell was way funnier than just shooting them when they couldn't fight back. :allears:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Magmarashi posted:

Words are all well and good but videos of some quality players doing quality things really wouldn't hurt.
If you like seeing someone get 10 teamkills an hour solely from sticky grenades and driving vanguards upside down within 30 seconds of pulling them I have about 100 hours of footage

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

radintorov posted:

I did it once when I was revived underground right after we got pushed back from an attack.
Sure, I didn't kill anyone, but frankly just watching a whole squad freak out trying to find where I was and shooting pretty much everywhere while I was playing cold/warm/hot with them in /yell was way funnier than just shooting them when they couldn't fight back. :allears:

This is the best usage of this bug.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

If you like seeing someone get 10 teamkills an hour solely from sticky grenades and driving vanguards upside down within 30 seconds of pulling them I have about 100 hours of footage

One time I pulled a tank, and seconds later, I was trying to drive down a bit of a hill to follow the road towards the front. I go to drive around another vehicle, and somehow my tank immediately flipped over and went rocketing down the hill, exploding. I was pretty confused.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

JoeytheRumpWrecker posted:

The most annoying bug I've been getting since patch was the fact that minimap isnt showing things on it, with little regard to a sensible pattern.
Sometimes it'll be just my personal character icon, other times it will be friendlies, vehicles, or spotted enemy indicators.
Also hard crashes are occurring for me this patch, haven't had those in ages

the minimap bug is fixable by pressing M to go to the main map and then escaping back out, at least.

Been working on directives to get all classes into 'working toward aurax/ master level' territory and man using the Stalker has been unpleasant these last few days. The absurdly low DPM and possible wonky hit detection have been playing really badly with each other and getting those 300 kills has been a grind. Really should have gone and picked up the Vandal when it was on sale.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Blasmeister posted:

the minimap bug is fixable by pressing M to go to the main map and then escaping back out, at least.

Been working on directives to get all classes into 'working toward aurax/ master level' territory and man using the Stalker has been unpleasant these last few days. The absurdly low DPM and possible wonky hit detection have been playing really badly with each other and getting those 300 kills has been a grind. Really should have gone and picked up the Vandal when it was on sale.

You should have bought the all NS weapons pack that was on sale a few months ago. Probably the best SC purchase I've made.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I had most of the guns in it already at the time, sadly.

How do people kit out their battle rifles? Thinking of getting one, so went in VR and 3.4x crosshair scope, HVA and laser seemed about right but wonder if I'm missing the benefits of barrel attachments or am overestimating HVA

30 Second Artbomb
Apr 16, 2006

call the police

Blasmeister posted:

How do people kit out their battle rifles? Thinking of getting one, so went in VR and 3.4x crosshair scope, HVA and laser seemed about right but wonder if I'm missing the benefits of barrel attachments or am overestimating HVA

There's no reason not to put a flash hider on any weapon that isn't capable of fully-automatic fire and doesn't require any other barrel attachment. :eng101:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Blasmeister posted:

HVA is sorta lovely on Battle Rifles. It bumps them up about 40-50 m/s which just isn't worth it, and while it only adds 7.5% vertical recoil compared to more on other guns Battle Rifles already have really high vertical recoil. I'd stay away from it.

Suppressor is OK on a Battle Rifle at close-mid range where you don't worry as much about velocity, and it's especially OK on the Eidolon because the increased bullet drop doesn't exist. The reason I say it's OK is that the BR only really has two shots-to-kill ranges: The max damage range and then +1 bullet at every other range. Kinda like the TRAP, except not quite as good. I wouldn't use a Flash Suppressor at all (see below). A Compensator is good but will tank the hipfire which can actually be acceptable with a Laser. You could combine the two but I just learn to live with the recoil.

I run IRNV/1x/2x with a Laser and nothing else or a 3.4x/4x with a Grip and Compensator. The former is for general work, the latter is for long-distance support and counter-sniping. With tapfiring it's not really a big deal to go Laser instead of Grip at range, so only use a Grip if you're spamming shots at a distance (spamming shots with a Laser up close is workable and highly recommended as it lets you hipfire inside of 10m).

30 Second Artbomb posted:

There's no reason not to put a flash hider on any weapon that isn't capable of fully-automatic fire and doesn't require any other barrel attachment. :eng101:
Not true if you actually try to utilize the Battle Rifle's full fire rate, which you should, because it has normal sane amounts of bloom and is accurate after several shots, unlike Scout Rifles.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Someone posted about it 4 days ago, but there is definitely a bug with Tomcat lockons at the moment. It seem to occur when you approach a target with tomcats active; they simply don't lock on, no matter the distance. Switching to your nose-gun and back to the tomcats resets it and you can lock-on like normal.

It happens probably 70% of the time, so if you're using Tomcats don't fly around with them active- wait until you're in range and switch to them.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Has anyone tried the T1A Unity yet? Someone in my TR outfit dismissively said yesterday "It's not that great, it's just the T1 Cycler with SPA"

Which sounds like it could beat the TORQ for "Most bullshit amazing Assault Rifle" and the TORQ is already setting a high bar.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

It always astounds me that the TR have really good guns but they complain about them.

You could give them a gun where it can one-clip a Vanguard (even with the shield up), each bullet gets an explosive blast radius, the bullets are hitscan, and you get a handy from Kat Dennings every time you pull the trigger.

And they'd still find something to complain about. :ughh:

In other news, I might pick up the advanced Steam bundle with the NS-15m and the Underboss, how are those guns?

kidRiot
Dec 14, 2007

"I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you're only going to kill a man."

o muerte posted:

Who's your Emerald TR? I could always shoot you invites for CoOp platoons.

Playing on Emerald a bit more. Can you add "kidRiotTR" to your friends list?

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

Fans posted:

Has anyone tried the T1A Unity yet? Someone in my TR outfit dismissively said yesterday "It's not that great, it's just the T1 Cycler with SPA"

Which sounds like it could beat the TORQ for "Most bullshit amazing Assault Rifle" and the TORQ is already setting a high bar.

SOON.
Between that and the Gauss Prime I could use no other weapon in the game, ever, and be happy.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Periphery posted:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Fans posted:

What's great about that comment is how the second part of the sentence directly contradicts the first part, but the guy is totally serious about it.

I have this sneaking suspicion most TR Medics buy the TRV or TAR and use them without ever really investing any time in the T1 and then bitch about how shaky TR guns are. Which the TRV and TAR certainly are, but not without reason (if the TRV had better handling than it does it'd be basically the most powerful AR in the game). But the T1 most certainly is not, and if there's anything that could make it even better all around it's SPA.

It would be like a VS Heavy-whore shrugging off the Betelgeuse as "Just an Orion with infinite ammo," or an NC player saying the Reaper/Tross is "Just a more accurate Gauss Rifle with 200 damage bullets." Which I'm sure if you look hard enough you can probably find examples of both of on Forumside.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
I'm probably really stupid for saying this but I don't like the TRV much. I much prefer the T1, SABR, and Torq as far as handling goes. When I tried out the T1S in VR, that also seemed really nice as well.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

In other news, I might pick up the advanced Steam bundle with the NS-15m and the Underboss, how are those guns?
The NS-15M is a lot of fun, you only need to worry about aiming for the head and otherwise it takes care of everything else - no recoil, insane uptime, great hipfire, great mobility. It's not actually competitive with the Anchor at the same price, but as a bundle purchase it's quite ok, especially on sale.

The Underboss on the other side is kinda pointless now that it doesn't combo with the knife anymore, and it's outshadowed by the Commissioner when you want just a single big finisher. Stats-wise it could be solid as a medium/long-range sidearm (to be paired with shotguns), since it's got the same accuracy and shots-to-kill as the Commish, but that would require decent sights and a recoil animation that doesn't take up half your screen; as it is, I have an easier time landing seven shots with the Rebel than four with either revolver.

My opinion is that you can wait for a Steam sale and won't be any worse off, but it can be a reasonable purchase even at full price if you really like the Esamir Snow camo (which is almost perfect white and means you can ignore the Objective directive). You should absolutely buy the $/€9 bundle before you even look at the $/€7 one though (and the $/€7 one before the $/€5 one).

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

It always astounds me that the TR have really good guns but they complain about them.

You could give them a gun where it can one-clip a Vanguard (even with the shield up), each bullet gets an explosive blast radius, the bullets are hitscan, and you get a handy from Kat Dennings every time you pull the trigger.

And they'd still find something to complain about. :ughh:

Anyone else getting anoyed by constantly getting spammed down by VS heavys, just blocking M1 and going AFK to farm?

And why do I have a crappy TR gun, which shakes more than a pneumatic hammer?

Something is terribly wrong about recoil balance in this game.

While most TR weapons are unuseable after 30 meters, VS just have to hold the trigger and wait for the kill.

How the hell shall we TR compensate 1 milimeter recoil kicks on the screen on a 700+ RPM weapon?

That is less than 0.1 second time to compensate the recoil, that is impossible.

VS 500 RPM can compensate that much easyer, so why do they have ~0 recoil?

I don't even try to fight VS anymore, except it is a small base.

Somehow I am annoyed of being murdered with 100% accuracy on 100 meters range.

Did anyone else notice, that you can mostly only spawn into fights against VS?

I have to go to the warpgate and grab a Mosquito, when I want to get away from a Vanu fight, simply because there is no spawn to any NC fight.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Davethulhu posted:

Recoil stuff

VS weapons 'make up' for lack of recoil by having the worst Cone Of Fire bloom in the game instead. You can counter bad recoil by learning how it affects your gun and keeping it under control. The only way to counter CoF bloom is to stop shooting and wait for your gun to magically become accurate again.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Davethulhu posted:

Anyone else getting anoyed by constantly getting spammed down by VS heavys, just blocking M1 and going AFK to farm?

And why do I have a crappy TR gun, which shakes more than a pneumatic hammer?

Something is terribly wrong about recoil balance in this game.

While most TR weapons are unuseable after 30 meters, VS just have to hold the trigger and wait for the kill.

How the hell shall we TR compensate 1 milimeter recoil kicks on the screen on a 700+ RPM weapon?

That is less than 0.1 second time to compensate the recoil, that is impossible.

VS 500 RPM can compensate that much easyer, so why do they have ~0 recoil?

I don't even try to fight VS anymore, except it is a small base.

Somehow I am annoyed of being murdered with 100% accuracy on 100 meters range.

Did anyone else notice, that you can mostly only spawn into fights against VS?

I have to go to the warpgate and grab a Mosquito, when I want to get away from a Vanu fight, simply because there is no spawn to any NC fight.

Source your quotes

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

roger that sir, you're good to go.

kidRiot posted:

Playing on Emerald a bit more. Can you add "kidRiotTR" to your friends list?

Did you just start up KR? This is Broletariat from Connery :3:

I'm regretting this NC grind again and might try a TR.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

Icedude posted:

VS weapons 'make up' for lack of recoil by having the worst Cone Of Fire bloom in the game instead. You can counter bad recoil by learning how it affects your gun and keeping it under control. The only way to counter CoF bloom is to stop shooting and wait for your gun to magically become accurate again.

I'm pretty sure these are quotes from idiot TR on the official forums.

At least I hope they are. :stare:

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Manslaughter posted:

Source your quotes

That's no fun. You guys know it all comes from the official forums.

kidRiot
Dec 14, 2007

"I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you're only going to kill a man."

MuffinMan posted:

Did you just start up KR? This is Broletariat from Connery :3:

I'm regretting this NC grind again and might try a TR.

Yo!

I rolled a TR on Emerald awhile ago to join NUC. NUC has since died so I was shopping around for a new outfit. Joined AoD out of curiosity. Hit me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Never gets old :allears:

The best part is most of the :qq:honorabu:qq: Skygods are the run max stealth and afterburners and just jump people who don't have friendlies nearby and never even saw them coming, so I just wait until I see someone get separated from the herd, tail them, and jump on whatever skygod goes after them.

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Sep 2, 2014

• Locked thread