Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Put this in the OP under 'Must Buy Items: Tomcat missiles'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Nakar posted:

The one thing I will say for the Underboss is that unlike the Commissioner its sight appears to be aligned somewhat correctly,

This makes so much loving sense, it really feels like the harder I try to be accurate with the commis the more I miss my shots. I've landed more shots by random hipfiring then I do ADSing. See an LA hovering around and whip out my commis and ADS? Miss miss miss miss. See an LA out of my peripheral and pull out my commis, wildly turn and fire and hope for the best? Headshot!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

A specifically anti-air weapon is more effective versus air vehicles than a loving gas tank. Somehow this is a problem???

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

A specifically anti-air weapon is more effective versus air vehicles than a loving gas tank. Somehow this is a problem???

If they had the precious realism they want so bad the tanks would be an awful idea because I could just Airhammer them once and they'd go up in flames.

Maybe there should be a bonus to taking nothing at all in the secondary spot?

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

If they had the precious realism they want so bad the tanks would be an awful idea because I could just Airhammer them once and they'd go up in flames.

Maybe there should be a bonus to taking nothing at all in the secondary spot?

If they want realism Ground to Air Lock on missiles would have a 2 mile range, not give a lock on warning and one hit aircraft.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Xae posted:

If they want realism Ground to Air Lock on missiles would have a 2 mile range, not give a lock on warning and one hit aircraft.

I don't want a nosegun

I want 8 .50 cals

Give me that as a secondary and replace my dumb nosegun with a Stuka dive bomb siren

edit - I'd settle for a realistic damage model against aircraft (and also all other things) for my quad 50mm Skyguard

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Xae posted:

If they want realism they would have to completely delete their character after a single death. And not have a plane that can go backwards faster then they can fly forwards.

Also today for work I had to do some work on a Sony camera display. They had some graphics to install that were too big for the cabinet doors. As I explained this to a manager I said "Honestly I'm not too surprised to have this happen on an SOE display." And the manager looked at me in a confused manner.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

If they had the precious realism...

But they don't want realism. Suggest changing the ESFs to work the way VTOL aircraft actually do (or even just fix how being rolled to the side and thrusting up lets you go at afterburner speeds) sets them off almost as bad as mentioning lockons. What they want is that their honorabu UFO nosegun fights remain unaltered and un-touchable by anyone other than PRO-ELITE PILOTS, it's perfect how it was and any change or dislike of it is an aberration :spergin:

Icedude fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Sep 3, 2014

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Higby just give us a drat missile skyguard already, 600m lock on range with a 900m chase range with a 2 missile salvo. Make it require 2 missiles to set an ESF on fire with 4 to set a lib on fire. Lets not forget a kobalt secondary so we can defend ourselves against infantry! also give it engagement radar up to 500m if the target doesn't have stealth!

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

Remove aircraft from the game.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Replace all ESFs and Libs with the Valkyrie. Skywhales and Valks now and forever.

EDIT: Given how much smaller the Valk is than the Galaxy has anyone found some clever place to wedge a max Stealth Valk with squad spawn module where enemies basically can't do anything to actually reach it that SOE didn't anticipate because they were just planning around Gals?

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

The valkerie is such poo poo. It's as fragile as an ESF, slower, and poop guns. The only redeeming qualities it has is that it's the cheapest air vehicle yet, and that it can spawn buddies on it if you get that upgrade. Before I ever even looked at the thing, I knew that the rumble seats were going to be poop. Seriously, is the rumble seat fun/useful on the harasser? Is it fun/useful on the flash?

Valkerie needs buffs. Hell, rumble seats on all applicable vehicles need buffs. But I think that the valk would be a whole lot more interesting if it had a phantasm module that allows it to go invis if the pilot is a cloaker. That would be fun and useful and balanced.

Speaking of rumble seats;

Why can't we hitch rides on ground vehicles like this? It doesn't have to be safe/useful IMO. It wouldn't even be hard at all to implement. AOE footzergs would love it for it's novelty.

Ass_Burgerer fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Sep 3, 2014

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Harasser/Flash:stonk:

Lightning/Sunderer:psyduck:

Liberator/Galaxy:psypop:

:psyboom:

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
Valk buffs:

-Vanguard-style shield
-Heavy-style shield
-Wraith Cloak
-Blast doors (toggle to shield rumbles from attack)
-Replace "Rumble Seat [Innate]" to "Module Slot"
--Rumble Seat L/R
--Flying Resupply Module (Like sundy)
--Flying Repair Module (Like sundy)

Mostly the last one, I'd like to see an outfit try to fly 6+ valks in formation to keep repairs up, mostly as a hilarious airshow

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Ass_Burgerer posted:

The valkerie is such poo poo. It's as fragile as an ESF, slower, and poop guns. The only redeeming qualities it has is that it's the cheapest air vehicle yet, and that it can spawn buddies on it if you get that upgrade. Before I ever even looked at the thing, I knew that the rumble seats were going to be poop. Seriously, is the rumble seat fun/useful on the harasser? Is it fun/useful on the flash?

Valkerie needs buffs. Hell, rumble seats on all applicable vehicles need buffs. But I think that the valk would be a whole lot more interesting if it had a phantasm module that allows it to go invis if the pilot is a cloaker. That would be fun and useful and balanced.

Speaking of rumble seats;

Why can't we hitch rides on ground vehicles like this? It doesn't have to be safe/useful IMO. It wouldn't even be hard at all to implement. AOE footzergs would love it for it's novelty.

I am hella down with invisible-dropping dudes on a fight with a Wraithvalk.

How quickly can the Valk go from full speed to full-stop hover and back to full speed again? A flying squad spawnbacon that can quickly enter a fight and poo poo dudes before bugging out sounds like a fun niche

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

honestly the valk is tough enough against flak, its only the passengers that need help surviving...so just nerf flaksplosion damage against infantry.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Seriously, is the rumble seat fun/useful on the harasser?

A Walker Harasser with a Burster MAX in the back seat can actually gently caress up a lot of aircraft.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Any AV MAX is also hilarious in the back seat

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

Any AV MAX is also hilarious in the back seat

AV Max + Halberd is the One True Lightning Up-Fucker

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Valkyrie Fixes:

Unlock the other weapon slots.

2nd and 3rd contain Seat Upgrades
-Explosive Suppression Field: Adds 10-50% Explosive Resistance, Stacks with Flack for up to 100% (Immunity)
-Aegis Forcefields: Rumble Seats become normal seats.
-Reinforced Bulkheads: Removes the Seats, adds to HP

4th Slot Contains Upgrades
-Wraith Cloaking
-AMS Spawn
-1KM Air to Air Radar
-1KM Air to Ground (Vehicle) Radar

Xae fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Sep 3, 2014

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Is it fun/useful on the flash?

Before logging out today, Datpurplstuf hopped on the back of my Flash. We weaved through the NC line and decloaked at their Sunderer, blew it up, he killed some NC, I blew up some NC, then circled around and he hopped back on and we sped off cloaked again to do it a second time. The rumble seat on the Flash owns.

A Winner is Jew posted:

Liberator/Galaxy:psypop:

Well, the Liberator could have been a lot worse. There's always a silver li-:barf:

Sard fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Sep 3, 2014

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

What in Christ's loving name?

:gonk: Oh, gently caress me they did it for the Empire specific vehicles too. And the MAXs, for some godless reason.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Did Emerald just take a poo poo? I died, I can still hear people on voice chat and hear gunfire and see stuff moving around the map, but I can't respawn.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Zaodai posted:

Did Emerald just take a poo poo? I died, I can still hear people on voice chat and hear gunfire and see stuff moving around the map, but I can't respawn.

It is a Renderer crash.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

People in Prox chat at TI Alloys are now blaming it on TR, with the justification being "Look at this guy, it's clearly him, he's shooting forever!"

Seems like a foolproof explanation.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

That can't be a Flash, it's not upside down and exploding.

WatchTHIS
Oct 26, 2010

Violent action ensues.

The Dorkwraiths reside in a dark void called the Abyss. But the Abyss is no place for ordinary mortals.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

Cabbit posted:

That can't be a Flash, it's not upside down and exploding.

After fixing the Flash and then removing the fix, they've restored it. It's extremely resistant to flipping now, and the surger chassis finally works properly as a result as well. It's replacing scrapper on mine for the time being, the grip and stability makes it feel like a hoverbike.

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

The stuff that dreams are made of.

ahaha that magrider

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

This will be good:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2fbw5g/rant_indar_just_crashed_on_emerald_and_everyone_i/

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

The NS stuff is kinda cute but weird. The other stuff he's done is just creepy.
e: the best part of it, is the official forum thread where somehow the conversation got to germany and concentration camps on page 4. :godwin:

Maybe if the stat spergs whine enough, emerald will get some extra 2x xp days? :allears:

Blazing Zero fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Sep 3, 2014

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Zaodai posted:

Indar just crashed on Emerald and wiped directive progress for everyone on the continent. 500 or so people just got nuked back to 0 on everything.

:downsbravo:

o muerte fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Sep 3, 2014

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

More like tsunderer, am i right? :blush:

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

o muerte posted:

Indar just crashed on Emerald and wiped directive progress for everyone on the continent. 500 or so people just got nuked back to 0 on everything.

Glad I logged out like 15 minutes before that happened then... god drat.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

o muerte posted:

I'm only a few hundred kills in and I'm still hoping that didn't affect me. Was it only people actively logged in after the fact, or anybody who was online when the issue first started but the server hadn't crashed?

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Zaodai posted:

I'm only a few hundred kills in and I'm still hoping that didn't affect me. Was it only people actively logged in after the fact, or anybody who was online when the issue first started but the server hadn't crashed?

Only people logged in and on Indar when it crashed. If a zone crashes, and sometimes if your client crashes, while you're logged in your directive stats will be reset to 0.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

How do you even manage to gently caress up that badly?

:soe::psyduck:

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

hailthefish posted:

How do you even manage to gently caress up that badly?

:soe::psyduck:

Apparently they tried to give the guy who runs Dasanfall's stats a 1 day experience boost when he lost his directive progress. He salted up enough to give them a new splashscreen/rant on their front page. :popcorn:

http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/planetmans/

quote:

Go back to Emerald, go back to Cobalt, go back to Connery, go back to Briggs, go back to Miller, go back to the slums and ghettos of Northern Indar, knowing that somehow this situation will probably be the same tomorrow but hey someone made a passive aggressive internet post.

Evilreaver fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Sep 3, 2014

dirty nub
Jan 19, 2009

o muerte posted:

ahahaha I love this game.

Valk Fixes: delete the valkyrie and then delete all the air

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

o muerte posted:

How. The. gently caress.

How.

That's just... what the hell did they gently caress up?

• Locked thread