Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

axleblaze posted:

uuuuuggggggghhhhhh

I actually kind of like how off-kilter and artificial it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

axleblaze posted:

uuuuuggggggghhhhhh

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

axleblaze posted:

uuuuuggggggghhhhhh

Man, that's so not what that movie is.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

The orginal poster for The Pact was more like that:

To be fair, that image is in the movie.

For the Pact II poster they literally badly copy pasted this and put it at the top of a staircase for some reason.

God that copy paste job is so bad.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I've never even heard of The Pact, I'm losing track of modern horror franchises guys. :(

at least I'll always have

NYU GOD J :cool:

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Sep 4, 2014

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

TheFallenEvincar posted:

I've never even heard of The Pact, I'm losing track of modern horror franchises guys. :(

The Pact is a pretty okay horror movie overshadowed by how much better the short it's based on is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRsseJj9F64

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

lelandjs posted:

Eh, all the great "twist" movies managed to make it through marketing unscathed (Sixth Sense, The Prestige, Fight Club... Hell, I don't think any reviewers even spoiled The Lego Movie).

Actually, I think the twist is a little more like Remember Me (9/11 kills Robert Pattinson), and they kept that one secret until reviews outed it for the amazing terrible thing it was.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

I'll take the crazy-eyes challenge! I think I've posted this one before. I have a soft spot for Bug.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

Hunger Games

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

rawillkill posted:

Hunger Games

The production design and casting really makes me want to check these out at some point.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

morestuff posted:

The production design and casting really makes me want to check these out at some point.

The first one is a poorly written, poorly edited mess of a movie. The second one is really good.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Honestly the only reason I even check those movies out is because Ve Neill and a bunch of Face Off contestants (the good ones) worked on them, and Face Off is the best reality show that you should totally be watching.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

TheJoker138 posted:

The first one is a poorly written, poorly edited mess of a movie. The second one is really good.

Truer words never spoken. I loved the second one from beginning to end and thought it was a pretty monumental job to keep the pacing tight with that storyline.

I didn't know poo poo about these books, for posterity.

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

kiimo posted:

Truer words never spoken. I loved the second one from beginning to end and thought it was a pretty monumental job to keep the pacing tight with that storyline.

I didn't know poo poo about these books, for posterity.

Thirding this. I actively disliked the first movie, but thought the second was fantastic. I'm actually looking forward to the last two, though my son says the third book was the worst one.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

zandert33 posted:

Thirding this. I actively disliked the first movie, but thought the second was fantastic. I'm actually looking forward to the last two, though my son says the third book was the worst one.

Your son is a smart man.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Will I be lost if I just go for two?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

morestuff posted:

Will I be lost if I just go for two?

A bit, yeah. Then again as someone who didn't read the books I was lost during parts of one. Like the island turning into the holo deck all of a sudden with no explanation.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

axleblaze posted:

uuuuuggggggghhhhhh

Man, I wish my mooseknuckle could levitate people.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

Jason Reitman
Men, Women & Children

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I've enjoyed both Hunger Games movies so far, a lot of the complaints about the first movie were overblown :goonsay: about the tactical realism of the openly allegorical dystopian sci-fi setting and people claiming to get motion sickness because they did handheld camera work in some scenes.

The first one is still on Netflix, check it out.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

axleblaze posted:

uuuuuggggggghhhhhh

What was The Pact 1?

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Also a horror movie.

axleblaze posted:

The orginal poster for The Pact was more like that:

To be fair, that image is in the movie.

For the Pact II poster they literally badly copy pasted this and put it at the top of a staircase for some reason.

God that copy paste job is so bad.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Oct 6, 2014

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CaptainHollywood posted:

It's the 20th Anniversary...

Wait, it's been 20 years? Everyone knows that dog is dead right

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

that dog is eternal.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CelticPredator posted:

that dog is eternal.

Nah, pretty sure he's the only character who will be played by a new actor.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Are you happy now, you ghouls?!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lizard Combatant posted:

Are you happy now, you ghouls?!

I'm never happy.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
Thats actually super awesome because there's no way in hell I would have guessed they'd all still be alive. Breaking that curse! Way to go 90's little rascals, not a single OD or anything.

Except that dog. He's got to be dead by now, but decaying dog carcass probably doesn't test well.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Does the dog have an imdb page?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Dog's last job was 7 years ago.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Why are they making a new movie 20 years later? Didn't the original bomb?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Why are they making a new movie 20 years later? Didn't the original bomb?

Are they?

I thought the poster recreation was just a fun thing for the 20th anniversary.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

axleblaze posted:

The Pact is a pretty okay horror movie overshadowed by how much better the short it's based on is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRsseJj9F64

I'm not sure I follow what makes this short frightening or effective.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Me too. Nothing happens and then it just ends.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It's a horror story told in like the minimum amount of steps with just the bare amount to make it creepy. You get the setup that creates a strong sense of dread througout and not a thing more. I think it's just super effective considering how little it gives you and how short it is. There's just not alot like it.

I liked the full movie but it's like the exact opposite of that and while it was a very well made typical horror film, it was still a very typical horror film.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

rawillkill posted:

Hunger Games

This is the only thing I could think of, seeing that poster. Blame the goon who did it at karaoke the other night.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

MikeJF posted:

Somehow they all ended up significantly better than 99% of grown child actors you see.

They actually all look like they grew up to be real people instead of...

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Maybe he just retired, then :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

mobby_6kl posted:

Maybe he just retired, then :)

To a farm in the countryside, no doubt.

That Mockingjay posters is reminding me of Blade.