Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cpt. Murphey
Mar 12, 2007
Wait, titles can have text in them? Well I'll be...

Fart Car '97 posted:

When I'm driving my vanguard, what the gently caress is it that is damaging me but making only a tiny amount of noise and leaving no tracers of any kind? The sound effect is the same as when you hit a rock or something. A little fire, but no shell to track back to a target or anything :confused:

Someone not charge firing a lancer. SOE has "fixed" lancer fire not rendering several times now but it still never renders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

o muerte posted:

If I had to sit around with my thumb up my rear end waiting for someone LARPing a transport pilot every time I wanted to leave a fight that was over I wouldn't play.

Actually, no, I would play but I'd log out and back in instead of waiting for this stupid poo poo.

What the ~*~*~LOGISTICS~*~*~ LARPing community doesn't realize is that A: they're in the vast minority and B: the game would straight up die if this kind of crap went in. People play for rapid gratification. If I can't find a fight within a couple minutes or the only fights are laggy 200v200 server performance shitfests I get bored and log out to do something else and try again later.

Seriously. That sort of thing is what Arma is for.

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older
Sep 9
Daily sale: Infiltrator Lumifiber Armor
Members sale: Damaged Compound Helmet

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

Fierce Brosnan posted:

Sep 9
Daily sale: Infiltrator Lumifiber Armor
Members sale: Damaged Compound Helmet

Just putting it out there that the NC infil lumifiber is still bugged to show up while cloaked sometimes.

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

I'm well versed in sticky then tank mines for sunderers. But for some reason until this exact moment I had never though about it as a means to hit a Max that I knew was following a specific path. Obviously if I was thinking ahead more I would have just had a mine or c4 behind the branch itself. But hey if I was thinking that far ahead I might have lived too.

http://gfycat.com/VacantClearBoar

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Chance posted:

I'm well versed in sticky then tank mines for sunderers. But for some reason until this exact moment I had never though about it as a means to hit a Max that I knew was following a specific path. Obviously if I was thinking ahead more I would have just had a mine or c4 behind the branch itself. But hey if I was thinking that far ahead I might have lived too.

I've done it a couple of times and, yes, it's hilarious to sticky-mine MAX suits. ALmost always ends up with a suicide but a suicide to kill a MAX is always a more than fair trade.

kidRiot
Dec 14, 2007

"I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you're only going to kill a man."

Westy543 posted:

Because they were VS in PS1. Scourge and I used to be in the same outfit until the leader decided he was done and scourge split off as Juggernauts before merging with Future Crew. SMF was the equivalent NC farmfit on Markov and later Connery, but broke up to join Future Crew because they already had a good thing going.

Recursion is a conglomerate ( :v:) of PS1 NC outfits, including fallout from SMF that didn't want to reroll VS. I don't know DasAnfall's story, but I'd wager they were VS in PS1 as well. Can't speak for INI Elite or NUC, either. I think AC's core was VS PS1. That's all the MLG outfits I can think of off the top of my head.

If you really wanted to get a gun advantage at launch, you'd have gone TR so you could flinchlock NC and VS.

Only SMF I know that joined FCRW was Str8. The rest (2 or 3) joined Hostile Takeover before we formed Recursion. Recursion is a wide mix of a lot of outfits, PS1 and new PS players.

NUC only formed in PS2 for MLG promises. NUC is basically what Zoid calls his team when he starts to take a game seriously. AC was VS on Emerald, but back then they were known for being pilots.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Chance posted:

I tend to sticky maxes in chokepoint doorways because I know they're going to back up into their engineers for repair before the grenade goes off. This though, this is brilliant.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

A Tartan Tory posted:

Just putting it out there that the NC infil lumifiber is still bugged to show up while cloaked sometimes.

Yeah, well, so are weapons and heads. Doesn't stop me from using those either.

Style demands sacrifices.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

A Tartan Tory posted:

I had a BR 100 accuse me of cheating because I kept killing him when he was wearing this..at night...and standing in an open field.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Cabbit posted:

Yeah, well, so are weapons and heads. Doesn't stop me from using those either.

Style demands sacrifices.

Real men use gold accents. :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr0gNJ090JA

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Is the NS LMG horribly poo poo, or am I missing something? Is it a strictly headshot gun or what? I figured I'd pick it up as one of the guns across my characters for doing LMG directives, but I can't seem to win any kind of fight with it. Close range, long range, or anywhere in between. It seems the only time I get kills with it are shooting guys completely unaware, which reasonably any gun should excel at.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Zaodai posted:

Is the NS LMG horribly poo poo, or am I missing something? Is it a strictly headshot gun or what? I figured I'd pick it up as one of the guns across my characters for doing LMG directives, but I can't seem to win any kind of fight with it. Close range, long range, or anywhere in between. It seems the only time I get kills with it are shooting guys completely unaware, which reasonably any gun should excel at.

It's a strict headshot gun, if you aren't pulling about 30% HSR with it, you might as well not be using it.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

kidRiot posted:

Recursion is a wide mix of a lot of outfits, PS1 and new PS players.
Specifically, for the curious:

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Tier1 snipers best snipers imo

:toot:

JudgeJoeBrown
Mar 23, 2007

Westy543 posted:

Because they were VS in PS1. Scourge and I used to be in the same outfit until the leader decided he was done and scourge split off as Juggernauts before merging with Future Crew. SMF was the equivalent NC farmfit on Markov and later Connery, but broke up to join Future Crew because they already had a good thing going.

Recursion is a conglomerate ( :v:) of PS1 NC outfits, including fallout from SMF that didn't want to reroll VS. I don't know DasAnfall's story, but I'd wager they were VS in PS1 as well. Can't speak for INI Elite or NUC, either. I think AC's core was VS PS1. That's all the MLG outfits I can think of off the top of my head.

If you really wanted to get a gun advantage at launch, you'd have gone TR so you could flinchlock NC and VS.

Didn't FC get a bunch of PCP players when they fell apart in PS2?

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Can't believe someone got away with calling their outfit Sinn Fein in PS1. :allears:

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

JudgeJoeBrown posted:

Didn't FC get a bunch of PCP players when they fell apart in PS2?

The DA jokes get better: "How did you even kill me with all that dick in your mouth, you can't even conjugate German."

A Tartan Tory posted:

It's a strict headshot gun, if you aren't pulling about 30% HSR with it, you might as well not be using it.

Only 6-10 people across both GOKU and DA have > 25% HSR with the gun, this advice is bullshit. If you're amazing at headshots then use it in CQC, otherwise if you've got solid aim then use it at every other range. It's a great gun overall, have fun.

o muerte fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Sep 9, 2014

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
:chord:

:goku:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Cpt. Murphey posted:

Someone not charge firing a lancer. SOE has "fixed" lancer fire not rendering several times now but it still never renders.
They fixed engineer turrets not rendering their rockets by limiting their distance to 450 meters. It's almost as if they should do the same for this!

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009
I guess I would be down for that if all my lancer shots hit like a charged one at that range?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Synnr posted:

I guess I would be down for that if all my lancer shots hit like a charged one at that range?

Triple the damage per mag to compensate for having to suffer to use a pinpoint accurate launcher with 1.5x render distance range?

Spreading the damage out over a magazine and limiting it to 450m seems to be working fine for the Ravens, and a MAX is even more likely to render at those distances than an HA so you'd still be at the advantage

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Wait, lancers are now something people get mad about ?

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Pand posted:

Wait, lancers are now something people get mad about ?

Yea, we're not allowed to have anything original/effective.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Bbbut the Orion and Pulsar C and PPA :qq:

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
what's changed about this game in the last year? Did it go super esports tryhard or is it actually fun?

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
The Air Hammer is already an amazing AI weapon, not to mention it's a pretty decent all rounder (vs Air and Harassers/Tanks if you are suicidal)

The AH TTK against burster maxes alone makes it more viable than a Banshee which I find needs several strafing runs.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

But Not Tonight posted:

Yea, we're not allowed to have anything original/effective.

I too miss Ravens and AV Turrets having unlimited range

Anyway VS is is such that I've only seen 3 Lancer nests since the merger, two of which got relentlessly poo poo upon by air and one of which got brutally murdered when Indar Comm got capped behind them. Give me a Phoenix any day :dukedog:

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

what happened posted:

The Air Hammer is already an amazing AI weapon, not to mention it's a pretty decent all rounder (vs Air and Harassers/Tanks if you are suicidal)

The AH TTK against burster maxes alone makes it more viable than a Banshee which I find needs several strafing runs.

Yeah, I saw that post too.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

I've seen a lot more lancers than usual on my end of things in the last month. Maybe not any noticeable increase in squad/platoon sized nests but pubs seem to be picking it up and there always seems to be a handful around when you fight the VS now. If thats because GOKUs winning the culture war or because directives I don't know but there's definitely more around.

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
let the valkyrie equip Lib guns

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

The day pubbies figure out you can charge the lancer will be a Glorious day for Vanu, and a terrible day for Vanguard and Prowler drivers.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?
I was half worried when I made my TR that my poor underpowered Prowler would get ripped apart by Lancers but I've only been shot at by one guy using it and he was right out in the open so was an easy kill. Almost all Magriders run PPA and I've maybe been killed three times by them, all when running out of the spawn room to retake the point that's in a building that they aren't defending. Magriders are also made of taffy and if they don't blow up they booster away every time, and that's when I'm on foot, if I'm in my Prowler they don't have a chance since the Halberd went on sale in the first few days I made my TR.

The real threat of fighting VS is when they use their...ummm...ghost-capping swarms. If every DaPP member threw a grenade at the same time there's definitely a chance they'd kill more enemies then friendlies.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

what happened posted:

The Air Hammer is already an amazing AI weapon,

Hahaha

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

No the best part is "more viable than a Banshee which I find needs several strafing runs."

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Spoken like a true TR

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Fart Car '97 posted:

Bbbut the Orion and Pulsar C and PPA :qq:

Don't forget no bullet drop

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
Anyone else having trouble spotting? About 30% of the time when I spot someone, my guy will yell out something wrong, which is extra annoying because I do it too. Now we both have aphasia.

Like, I'll see a guy running across a field, and I spot him "Enemy ATV spotted!"
Oh, a sunderer "Enemy galaxy!"
How about that guy? "Enemy light assault" [guy pulls out a rocket launcher]

It's funny though so I'm not complaining. Before anyone asks, I'm definitely not spotting things behind these targets.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I've noticed the wrong class callouts constantly, I thought I was just insane though or it was a client-specific glitch. But no, it seems to just be :soe: being :soe:

EDIT: One time I spotted a LA and got "Enemy spawn point spotted!" which is... technically potentially true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe

Evilreaver posted:

Anyone else having trouble spotting? About 30% of the time when I spot someone, my guy will yell out something wrong, which is extra annoying because I do it too. Now we both have aphasia.

Like, I'll see a guy running across a field, and I spot him "Enemy ATV spotted!"
Oh, a sunderer "Enemy galaxy!"
How about that guy? "Enemy light assault" [guy pulls out a rocket launcher]

It's funny though so I'm not complaining. Before anyone asks, I'm definitely not spotting things behind these targets.

I've been spotting stuff through walls lately

• Locked thread