Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

ArmZ posted:

At this point msoft should just try to make ipad a genericized trademark and sell tablets by that name to dilute the brand

apple legal vs microsoft legal

i have a hunch apple would win that fight by a wide, wide margin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Sniep posted:

apple legal vs microsoft legal

i have a hunch apple would win that fight by a wide, wide margin

nah all the lawyers that work for companies like that went to the same schools and worked for the same firms. they are also insulated from management to a certain extent.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

ArmZ posted:

nah all the lawyers that work for companies like that went to the same schools and worked for the same firms

your worst nightmare in the courtroom is lawyers on both sides who are buddies

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

ArmZ posted:

nah all the lawyers that work for companies like that went to the same schools and worked for the same firms. they are also insulated from management to a certain extent.

i dont know what your point is, but, loooool if you think for one minute apple wouldn't crush microsoft into a mortar with the pestle of legal might if microsoft ran an add calling the surface an iPad

Sniep fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Sep 9, 2014

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

THC posted:

i, too, love it when the onion repeats the same joke 18 times

same but your posting

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

graph posted:

imagine being the judge that drew the short straw on that one

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

apple once again copying xerox

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Sudo Echo posted:

apple once again copying xerox

the iDocutech - the worlds first portable multiple-job digital copy center in a box, with collating, book binding, stapling, multipe output trays and large job capability now for personal use - take it to the beach, an upscale party or your friends weddings. all eyes will be on your productivity as you prepare tri fold full color brochures while simultaneously ring binding 3-book manuals in collated order automatically!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

hobbesmaster posted:

imagine being the judge that drew the short straw on that one

ive only seen it in traffic court but can only imagine a civil/criminal case

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
i don't think you guys saw this the first time around

Sono posted:

They called the third iPad-like device the Surface One.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
The color commentator for Monday night football just called the surface an ipad. money well spent

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

eric posted:

The color commentator for Monday night football just called the surface an ipad. money well spent

lol this totally didn't backfire at all

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

working in microsoft marketing must own

you can be completely incompetent and you'll always have budget/a job

id be doing a line of coke off a stripper's rear end all charged to the corporate card each time someone said ipad on air

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

mishaq posted:

working in microsoft marketing must own

you can be completely incompetent and you'll always have budget/a job

id be doing a line of coke off a stripper's rear end all charged to the corporate card each time someone said ipad on air

bad ppl need jobs too

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

quote:

The news that Microsoft would be rename its Bing content apps with the MSN brand was met immediately with the resistance I expected from the Windows community. But if you step back and think about it for a moment, this rebranding—and the resultant relaunch of MSN as a web-based portal for all of the information that backs these wonderful apps—actually makes sense. MSN, after all, is Microsoft's online content brand, and Bing is about search. Put another way, MSN is Microsoft's Yahoo, and Bing is Microsoft's Google.

:psyduck:

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
we can't even joke about the branding anymore because i think ms employees are actually reading this thread and stealing our ideas

Messyass
Dec 23, 2003

what? you mean that pleasurekevin post a few pages back wasn't a goatse link? they're actually bringing back msn?

:magical:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

why focus on one brand when you can flog the rotting corpse of two?

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
bring back msn messenger with the old better smilies

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
i liked that party hat smilie and sad flower

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Athletic Footjob posted:

lol if you didn't use icq

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

if you want the nostalgia of msn from the early 2000s then just use lync for mac. its identical - lovely emoticons, file transfer that doesn't work

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
This is relevant again http://wheany.com/ms-branding/

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Thanks Ants posted:

if you want the nostalgia of msn from the early 2000s then just use lync for mac. its identical - lovely emoticons, file transfer that doesn't work

also lync for all platforms

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

Athletic Footjob posted:

good news: they're still in Lync (the Mac version at least)!

including the a/s/l one, which I found accidentally during a conversation with my boss.

e: lol, beaten. keeping this post for the anecdote.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

one thing i do miss is an im client that lets me use custom smilies (like importing the sa ones) in a way where it actually gets sent to the person i'm chatting with in a way where they don't have to have the same customizations. MSN messenger was awesome for that :smith:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

univbee posted:

one thing i do miss is an im client that lets me use custom smilies (like importing the sa ones) in a way where it actually gets sent to the person i'm chatting with in a way where they don't have to have the same customizations. MSN messenger was awesome for that :smith:

people liked it, people used it, so naturally we discontinued it

ms trying to be google again

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

univbee posted:

QQ does this, but it's chinese so it's not that popular in the us

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

graph posted:

this is p much every corporate lawyer though

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

i mean, i get it, but yeah

Blackula69 posted:

this is p much every corporate lawyer though

never .knock on wood. dealt with corp lawyers

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

i've been to hearings and mediation etc. and everybody's just palling around until the judge shows up

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

univbee posted:

sametime

pagoe
Feb 19, 2013

unironically better than all alternatives. only downside was 500kb emote size limit

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

as long as microsoft is in business, this will be relevant, and you are a good person for making it

pagoe posted:

unironically better than all alternatives. only downside was 500kb emote size limit

we use lotus notes at work and it is poo poo poo poo poo poo, but sametime is shockingly decent. it functions more or less like a chat program from 2003 and that is absolutely fine. i wish more companies would understand this, sometimes you manage to nail down a featureset and you can stop tossing on stupid bullshit.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

SO DEMANDING posted:

as long as microsoft is in business, this will be relevant, and you are a good person for making it

we use lotus notes at work and it is poo poo poo poo poo poo, but sametime is shockingly decent. it functions more or less like a chat program from 2003 and that is absolutely fine. i wish more companies would understand this, sometimes you manage to nail down a featureset and you can stop tossing on stupid bullshit.

our installation would be better if the server didn't have issues once every two weeks. "sometime" going down is basically a meme at this point

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

microsoft is buying mojang for 2 billion dollars

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

mojang is the minecraft company.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

lol

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007