Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Fluo posted:

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/garth-marenghis-darkplace/on-demand/36434-005

Darkplace on youtube is blocked in the UK, as channel4 wants you to watch it off their 4oD (which has adverts in the middle). :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0vLRPWuv_A

I figured it would be that clip!

Also we missed, uh, quite the thing from the Times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Scarfe manages to dodge Salmond

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
What's the last word of what he's saying? I think the rest is Hmmm... So civilisations can [something]!

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Metrication posted:

What's the last word of what he's saying? I think the rest is Hmmm... So civilisations can [something]!

Collapse

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Scottish independence referendum – David Cameron, Ed Miliband and Nick Clegg have made the drastic decision to travel to Scotland to campaign against independence"

Telegraph:

Scottish independence: Brown sets out more powers timetable

Independent:

Miliband's flag plan fails to fly as No 10 suffers saltire malfunction

Times:

Express:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

At first I thought 'oh it's another cartoon where Thomas has nothing to say whatsoever, so he's resorting to hurr women jokes straight out of the 1980s' but then I noticed they're supposed to be in Scotland (where everyone has a framed painting of Nessie above the fireplace) so I get the feeling this might be a sly 'blame the women' gambit, since women are breaking for the Yes camp in large numbers after the patronising ads didn't work. Also that loving washing machine :wtc:

Cameron would totally wear those pants

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Haha, that Independent cartoon is loving grotesque

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The Indie guy is one of the best for hideous cartoons. I used to keep a count of how often he shoehorned in severed limbs but gave up fairly quickly.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Why are they wearing fruitbowls on their heads

and why is the fruit immune to gravity

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It's the fruitbowl on the right of the image; it looks like a face when turned upside down.

madlilnerd
Jan 4, 2009

a bush with baggage

Zephro posted:

Why are they wearing fruitbowls on their heads

and why is the fruit immune to gravity

Why did he decide it was important to label the flour? Are Scots famed for their distrust of self-raising?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

madlilnerd posted:

Why did he decide it was important to label the flour? Are Scots famed for their distrust of self-raising?

Self-raising flour was invented by an Englishman

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Crane Fist posted:

Self-raising flour was invented by an Englishman

If we refused to use Scottish inventions on principle we'd be well hosed. :ohdear:

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

We'd probably fare better than them though.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Kegluneq posted:

If we refused to use Scottish inventions on principle we'd be well hosed. :ohdear:

We'd be fine without penicillin if we left the EU, just send all the Germs back to Germany.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

madlilnerd posted:

Why did he decide it was important to label the flour?

Bags of flour normally have a label on saying what is inside.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I like the two cats having a staring contest.

The ginger one looks like it is staring straight out of the page at me though.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on John Major and Scottish independence – The UK faces the 'disastrous' prospect of losing its Trident nuclear deterrent and its permanent seat on the UN security council if Scotland votes for independence, former prime minister Sir John Major has warned"

Telegraph:

Apple Watch unveiled alongside new larger iPhones

Independent:

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on RBS – RBS has made a statement saying it would leave Scotland in the invent of a yes vote on Scottish independence"

Telegraph:

Islamic State crisis: Obama threatens action in Syria

Times:

Express:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Another ginger cat staring directly out of the page.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Camerons looks all 'Phwoooar im going to have a piece of that'

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Camerons looks all 'Phwoooar im going to have a piece of that'

You know it!

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Sep 12, 2014

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

:laffo: all I can see looking at this is that Sam Cam wants a divorce!

Fluo
May 25, 2007

mrpwase posted:

:laffo: all I can see looking at this is that Sam Cam wants a divorce!

Hahahahahahaha!

baka kaba posted:

You know it!

:eyepop:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

baka kaba posted:

You know it!

:golfclap:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Great work, baka kaba!

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Ian Paisley – The firebrand preacher-turned-politician, a figure who dominated Ulster Unionist politics for nearly six decades, died on Friday morning, aged 88."

Yesterday's Independent:

John Lewis warns prices 'likely' to rise on 'Yes' vote

Independent:

Scottish independence: Salmond calls for inquiry into Treasury 'leak' After Archibald Thorburn.

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

This one is loving great.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

:allears: Can you get more transparent than this, seriously? All they're missing is "uppity colonial" or something.

Spooky Hyena
May 2, 2014

Choosing to benefit from an empire of murder and genocide makes you complicit.
:scotland:
lol, nice meltdown

Taciturn Tactician posted:

:allears: Can you get more transparent than this, seriously? All they're missing is "uppity colonial" or something.

It's also scientifically wrong. The first word in the scientific name is the genus, while the second word refers to the specific species. For the genus to be "Piscenae pisspooris" (never heard of a multi-word genus, but I'm only mostly confident that there isn't one), the scientific name "Weeus eckus" would need to have the genus in its name. This is high-school level biology, he shouldn't have gotten it wrong.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Scottish independence: down boy! - Chris Riddell on how the Bank of England will shackle Alex Salmond"

Yesterday's Telegraph:

Sunday Telegraph:

Independent on Sunday:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Cloud Potato posted:

Yesterday's Telegraph:

If this didn't say it was in yesterday's Telegraph I would have thought this was directly mocking the front page of today's Telegraph.

edit: hang on, what even is that flag on the left? I don't recognise it.

Angepain fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Sep 14, 2014

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Taciturn Tactician posted:

It literally says "jumped-up", so I think we're already there. :allears:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Angepain posted:

If this didn't say it was in yesterday's Telegraph I would have thought this was directly mocking the front page of today's Telegraph.

It's the flag of the Orange Order. I'm pretty sure it's an Ian Paisley related cartoon.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Once the referendum is done, I'm really going to miss every single political cartoon sounding like Oor Wullie.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
What is that Sunday Telegraph one even trying to imply? Salmond's a mobster? What?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Wouldn't this imply that foreigners are trying to get off the van as it enters Calais? :crossarms:

People complaining about a hairdryer ban is about as first world problems as the complaining about iTunes customers getting a free U2 album.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Angepain posted:

That's less a headline and more the beginnings of a rant.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

TinTower posted:

People complaining about a hairdryer ban is about as first world problems as the complaining about iTunes customers getting a free U2 album.

I see you're new to the oeuvre of Paul Thomas

Coohoolin posted:

What is that Sunday Telegraph one even trying to imply? Salmond's a mobster? What?

Where do BoB's cartoons actually appear anyway? The Telegraph just doesn't seem like a good fit for a lot of his stuff - he's capable of pretty decent work, but a lot of it ends up being weak MS Paint pop culture references featuring Ed Miliband... does the Sunday paper have a yoof supplement or something?

That Riddell dog is pretty good!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

baka kaba posted:

I see you're new to the oeuvre of Paul Thomas
I'm not sure Paul Thomas is either. He seems like the sort to be automatically suspicious of any foreign sounding word and deny having one. Or demand a referendum on it.

e: vvv :golfclap:

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Sep 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Guavanaut posted:

I'm not sure Paul Thomas is either. He seems like the sort to be automatically suspicious of any foreign sounding word and deny having one. Or demand a referendum on it.

I'm pretty sure he uses the word regularly in his daily conversations! Fuckin' immigrants, comin' oeuvre 'ere...

• Locked thread