Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!

Jerusalem posted:

HM: AJ Styles vs Adam Cole at ROH All Star Extravaganza 6

It was a bit too stop-start for my liking, making it feel more like a match full of individual moments as opposed to a cohesive whole. But those little individual segments were all really great, and AJ did a great job selling his leg. Some great false finishes too. With just a little more flow this would be a definite MOTYC, it just didn't quite make it.

Seconding this. Put into words how I felt about the match.

oatgan posted:

somehow nobody said this yet so i'm gonna

MOTYC: Bucks vs. reDRagon 2 out of 3 falls - ROH All Star Extravaganza

Seconded. Yup. All the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

When BOLA comes out on DVD will they release all three nights onto one set or do you need to buy each night individually?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

NienNunb posted:

When BOLA comes out on DVD will they release all three nights onto one set or do you need to buy each night individually?

Each night is a separate DVD

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

$15 per night. THe first night's preview video sold me on getting all 3 nights. The Night 2 preview video solidified it. Please be sooner rather than later :smith:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If you're willing to wait, PWG usually does a 5 for $40 sale every year that starts around Thanksgiving and the last few years the selection has included all recent DVDs so you could get the entire 2013 run of PWG plus a couple shows from last year for like $80 on DVD.

I would highly recommend people shelling out for all of this year (DDT4, Mystery Vortex II, Sold Our Soul For Rock N Roll, Eleven, all three BOLAs) plus TEN and both nights of All-Star Weekend 9.

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Sep 8, 2014

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MOTYC - Young Bucks vs. Daniels & Kazarian, ROH TV, 9/6 (taped 8/9)
HM - Silas Young vs. Brian Kendrick, ROH TV, 9/6 (taped 8/9)

Once again, ROH TV owned. These two matches really delivered. The tag match starts a bit slow but got really outstanding by the end and actually told a fairly neat story that would surprise a lot of Bucks fans. Great show.

Everybody watch ROH TV!!!!!

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Ok

Where do I watch ROH TV

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jackie D posted:

Ok

Where do I watch ROH TV

You can watch last week's episode on the website for free. They change the episode on Thursdays.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jackie D posted:

Ok

Where do I watch ROH TV

Go to https://www.rohwrestling.com check their listings, if you don't get it on TV you can watch on their website.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The episode I referenced above will post on Thursday or is up now for anyone with a Ringside Membership.

For those who don't know, every episode of ROH TV is available on the website with the Ringside Membership, so if you have a slow month and want something to watch, you can buy a one-month membership for $8 and watch as much ROH TV from this year as you want.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

oatgan posted:

somehow nobody said this yet so i'm gonna

MOTYC: Bucks vs. reDRagon 2 out of 3 falls - ROH All Star Extravaganza

This doesn't need my vote but nth anyway. loving awesome. It's going to be hard to fill out a ballot for best tag team of the year with all the great jr. tag teams in NJPW, ROH, and DG right now.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

ROH TV has been so great this year. Next week has Styles vs. O'Reilly and I'm very excited for that.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
MOTYC: T-Hawk & Eita vs. CIMA & Gamma - 9/9/14 Dragon Gate Summer Adventure Tag League
HM: Open the Brave Gate Championship: Flamita vs. Kzy - 9/9/14 Dragon Gate Summer Adventure Tag League
HM: BxB Hulk, Masaaki Mochizuki & Dragon Kid vs. Shingo Takagi, Masato Yoshino & Akira Tozawa - 9/9/14 Dragon Gate Summer Adventure Tag League

T-Hawk & Eita are the best tag team in the world.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MOTYC: Fatal Fourway for the NXT Title: NXT Takeover 9/11 Never Forget

Crazy match full of false finishes, innovative spots, great face/heel dynamics and a superb ending. So loving good :allears:

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

yeah absolutely

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
MOTYC: Adrian Neville vs. Sami Zayn vs. Tyler Breeze vs. Tyson Kidd -- 9/11/14 NXT Takeover Fatal4Way

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

Jerusalem posted:

Crazy match full of false finishes, innovative spots, great face/heel dynamics and a superb ending. So loving good :allears:

2nd

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

MOTYC: Adrian Neville vs. Sami Zayn vs. Tyson Kidd vs. Tyler Breeze, NXT Fatal 4-Way, 9/11/14

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jerusalem posted:

Second

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

kidcoelacanth posted:

MOTYC: Adrian Neville vs. Sami Zayn vs. Tyson Kidd vs. Tyler Breeze, NXT Fatal 4-Way, 9/11/14

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Also throwing out a HM for Charlotte vs. Bayley.

Not as good as Charlotte/Nattie but an excellent, well-worked match with a good story build.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Nth, every one came out of that looking like a million bucks

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
HM: Lucha Dragons vs. The Ascension, NXT TakeOver 11th September 2014

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Benne posted:

Also throwing out a HM for Charlotte vs. Bayley.

Not as good as Charlotte/Nattie but an excellent, well-worked match with a good story build.

2nding that one. A real good example of what the women are capable of if they're actually given a chance and are taken seriously. Hell, one of the wrestlers in this match is usually a comedy gimmick and they still sold how big a deal this was for her.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Memento posted:

HM: Lucha Dragons vs. The Ascension, NXT TakeOver 11th September 2014

stop

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

I'll be honest, I'm giving it a HM. Still a great match mind.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'd give the Fatal Four Way a very enthusiastic HM but it's already got the votes it needs.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I'm gonna go MOTYC for that 4-way but it's a moot point by now

Women's match was very good but just outside what I consider HM and I really don't even remember the tag team match at all. Fun show, skip the first hour

oatgan fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Sep 12, 2014

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

kidcoelacanth posted:

indie wrestling can happen anywhere at any time!

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Jerusalem posted:

2nding that one. A real good example of what the women are capable of if they're actually given a chance and are taken seriously. Hell, one of the wrestlers in this match is usually a comedy gimmick and they still sold how big a deal this was for her.

Bayley was amazing in that match. The whole story they told was perfect for her character and it was heartbreaking to see her posting up after the moonsault before eating the Natural Selection.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

kidcoelacanth posted:

yes

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!
HM Charlotte vs. Bayley, NXT Fatal 4-Way, 9/11/14
HM Adrian Neville vs. Sami Zayn vs. Tyson Kidd vs. Tyler Breeze, NXT Fatal 4-Way, 9/11/14

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

:siren: UPDATE :siren: - IT TOOK ME LITERALLY 2 HOURS TO DO THIS UPDATE.

JULY

HM: Chris Hero vs. Kyle O'Reilly – 07/26 PWG ELEVEN

UPGRADED FROM HM TO MOTYC: Tetsuya Naito vs. AJ Styles - 07/26 NJPW G1 Climax Day 4

AUGUST

quote:

MOTYC

AJ Styles vs. Minoru Suzuki - 08/01 NJPW G1 Climax Day 7
Yuji Nagata vs. Katsuyori Shibata - 08/01 NJPW G1 Climax Day 7
Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Tomohiro Ishii - 08/01 NJPW G1 Climax Day 7
Katsuyori Shibata vs. Tomoaki Honma - 08/03 NJPW G1 Climax Day 8
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Shinsuke Nakamura - 08/03 NJPW G1 Climax Day 8
Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA vs. Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish - 08/10 NJPW G1 Climax Finals
Katsuyori Shibata vs. Hirooki Goto - 08/10 NJPW G1 Climax Finals
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. AJ Styles - 08/10 NJPW G1 Climax Finals
Kazuchika Okada vs. Shinsuke Nakamura - 08/10 NJPW G1 Climax Finals
Eita & T-Hawk vs. Dragon Kid & Masaaki Mochizuki – 08/17 Dragon Gate Dangerous Gate 2014
Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena – 08/17 WWE Summerslam
ACH vs. Kenny Omega – 08/30 PWG Battle of Los Angeles 2014 Night 2

HM

Togi Makabe vs. Tetsuya Naito - 08/01 NJPW G1 Climax Day 7
Minoru Suzuki vs. Togi Makabe - 08/03 NJPW G1 Climax Day 8
Kazuchika Okada vs. Yujiro Takahashi - 08/03 NJPW G1 Climax Day 8
Minoru Suzuki vs. Tetsuya Naito - 08/04 NJPW G1 Climax Day 9
AJ Styles vs. Karl Anderson - 08/04 NJPW G1 Climax Day 9
Kazuchika Okada vs. Hirooki Goto - 08/04 NJPW G1 Climax Day 9
Michael Elgin vs. Kyle O'Reilly - 08/09 ROH TV
Karl Anderson vs. Tomohiro Ishii - 08/10 NJPW G1 Climax Finals
ACH vs. Tadarius Thomas – 08/16 ROH TV
Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose – 08/17 WWE Summerslam
Chris Jericho vs. Bray Wyatt – 08/17 WWE Summerslam
Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose – 08/18 WWE RAW
Jay Lethal vs. ACH – 08/23 ROH TV
Tomasso Ciampa vs. Michael Elgin – 08/29 PWG Battle of Los Angeles 2014 Night 1
Ricochet vs. Chris Sabin - 08/30 PWG Battle of Los Angeles 2014 Night 2
Chris Hero vs. Matt Sydal – 08/30 PWG Battle of Los Angeles 2014 Night 2
Drew Gulak & Biff Busick vs. Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish – 08/30 PWG Battle of Los Angeles 2014 Night 2

WMOTYC

Abyss vs. Bram - 08/07 TNA Impact Wrestling

Here is a link for a spreadsheet with every nomination from the G1 Climax

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Sep 13, 2014

ChaosSmurf
Dec 26, 2011
I am very surprised that only one WMOTYC came out of this month's RAWs. And that it was not from those RAWs.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

ChaosSmurf posted:

I am very surprised that only one WMOTYC came out of this month's RAWs. And that it was not from those RAWs.

There weren't a whole lot of legitimately bad matches from August's Raws.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

there's a difference between matches that are loving heinous and matches that are just bland

though I'm surprised nobody nominated that divas match from a couple weeks ago, dave meltzer declared it the worst one minute match he's ever seen

ChaosSmurf
Dec 26, 2011

Cardboard Box posted:

there's a difference between matches that are loving heinous and matches that are just bland

though I'm surprised nobody nominated that divas match from a couple weeks ago, dave meltzer declared it the worst one minute match he's ever seen

This is the match I was thinking of. Nominating Divas matches for WOMTY seems a bit puppy-kicking these days though, I suppose.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MOTYC - AJ Styles vs. Kyle O'Reilly, ROH TV, 9/13

HM - Young Bucks vs. Briscoes, ROH TV, 9/13

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

HM: Roderick Strong vs. Drew Galloway, EVOLVE 35, 9/14/14

really good match that was marred by too many kickouts. in a Gabe fed? unbelievable!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

HM: Biff Busik vs. Zack Sabre Jr., EVOLVE 35 9/14/14

please come back to america, Zack, I love you

sportsgenius86 posted:

MOTYC - AJ Styles vs. Kyle O'Reilly, ROH TV, 9/13

HM - Young Bucks vs. Briscoes, ROH TV, 9/13
second

• Locked thread