Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
every
Apr 24, 2008

LeeMajors posted:

I'm inclined to disagree with you.

it looks like he's a millisecond away from breaking his leg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Hutson Mason is the worst quarterback in the Southeastern Conference
Counterpoint: Jeff Driskel exists. And Vanderbilt is probably trotting out some horrible QB.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Jeff Driskel was a 5* he's actually one of the best QBs in the SEC

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Thoguh posted:

News: Gary Patterson's response this morning when asked by a reporter if TCU's offense is improving...

Views: That was almost Spurrier-esque.

Hot drat.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

LeeMajors posted:

I'm inclined to disagree with you.

everyone keeps forgetting UF is in the SEC these days.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Haha how did I miss this?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Scarf posted:

everyone keeps forgetting UF is in the SEC these days.

Not surprising.

We are steaming dogshit.

every
Apr 24, 2008

LeeMajors posted:

Not surprising.

We are steaming dogshit.

Would you rather be Florida, with the recent memories of glory, but with poop for a current team, or Georgia, with pathetic decades-old glory, but reasonably solid?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

every posted:

Would you rather be Florida, with the recent memories of glory, but with poop for a current team, or Georgia, with pathetic decades-old glory, but reasonably solid?

Florida's team is fine. It's their coach that's poo poo.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Raku posted:

Florida's team is fine. It's their coach that's poo poo.

To be fair our QB is poo poo too, and our secondary might be poo poo too aside from VH3.

Oh and we don't have a kicker so we have that going for us too.

But fear not we have one of the 2984379832749234798 Crofoots that have long snapped/held in the SEC on our team.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Bip Roberts posted:

I heard there is a young upwardly mobile OC in Alabama.

Trigger warning this poo poo, man.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Hutson Mason is the worst quarterback in the Southeastern Conference

Georgia fans' whiplash is incredible.

--

Unrelated: There was a lot to like in the WVU-Maryland game (the offense, the defense for most of the game.) There was a lot to hate (special teams, the defense on three plays, fumbles) but overall I am pretty happy with the win. That was a game we would have folded last season so just pulling it out is a huge step in the right direction. I am pretty optimistic about 6-7 wins and I think 8 is a real possibility with 9 being the upper limit.

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Sep 15, 2014

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

quote:

On behalf of Rutgers University and the Athletic Department, we would like to apologize for the regrettable actions of a handful of Rutgers fans on Saturday that do not convey the message of good, competitive spirit that we look forward to having with our new Big Ten rival Penn State University.

Some of the signage and t-shirts that we have been made aware of were both inappropriate and offensive.

I have spoken with and apologized to the Penn State athletic director Sandy Barbour and I would like to apologize equally to the Penn State University fans, as well as Rutgers fans that were subjected to this classless display that does not represent the ethos of our university, athletic department or fan base.

The two inappropriate pictures that appeared briefly on our Facebook page as part of a 200-picture montage were immediately removed when we were alerted to their content.

It is unfortunate that the actions of a few spoiled an otherwise historic and recording-setting night that Rutgers fans provided for our first Big Ten football game.

Julie Hermann

Rutgers Athletic Director

jersey.txt

Also, which pictures appeared on the Rutgers athletic department page? Was one the Penn State flag with the child figure giving oral sex to the adult?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

That reminds me, This Week In Schadenfreude should be amazing this week.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Slate Action posted:

That reminds me, This Week In Schadenfreude should be amazing this week.

Last week, ITT, they were literally talking playoffs. Now, after losing A Game to the only decent team in their division, who has vexed them for several years, on the road, by three points, they are once again ready to FIRE RICHT.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Last week, ITT, they were literally talking playoffs. Now, after losing A Game to the only decent team in their division, who has vexed them for several years, on the road, by three points, they are once again ready to FIRE RICHT.

So no different than any other year.

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend

The rest are a pro click too:
http://www.sportspickle.com/2014/08/6-maps-explaining-college-football

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I never said any of that, I said many times earlier in the year Mason was garbage.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

:colbert: I do not think this is fair to say yet.

BunLengthHotDog
Jun 30, 2003

Good Game

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

--

His stat line is hardly bad, he just isn't Aaron Murray (who coincidentally had horrible stats in Williams-Brice as Clowney was giving him turf management classes the whole game). Mason isn't all that bad, he just needs to stop the not-really-intentional-grounding type brainfarts.

Completions: 34
Attempts: 48
Yards: 322
Completion % 70.8
YPA: 6.71
Longest: 36
TD: 2 (both at Carolina)
INT: 0
Sacks: 3
Rating: 140.9

Completing almost 71% of his passes, 2 TD's and no picks, 141 rating.

Worst

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

alpha_destroy posted:

:colbert: I do not think this is fair to say yet.

Who the gently caress else. Florida is a trailer park bonfire, Vanderbilt is Lake Erie on Fire, Missouri is I guess okay? But they're not going to light anyone's world on fire, Kentucky is, Kentucky. Tennessee is still maybe a year away from competing.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Joe Cox had a pretty good statline for a while too.

Just let me have my scapegoat, at least I'm not bitching at referees or something.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Who the gently caress else. Florida is a trailer park bonfire, Vanderbilt is Lake Erie on Fire, Missouri is I guess okay? But they're not going to light anyone's world on fire, Kentucky is, Kentucky. Tennessee is still maybe a year away from competing.

Well sure, I guess if we only allow for 10 teams to qualify as "decent" then no one else is. But I think Missouri is pretty decent. They had a good year last year. Mauk is good. The d-line is good. If they can keep getting the ball on defense they seem down-right dangerous.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I never said any of that, I said many times earlier in the year Mason was garbage.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

It must be nice when everybody on the planet has you showing up to New York and Herschel Walker himself says you're better than him.

I legit think Georgia's good enough to hit the playoffs. If they can go long enough without being loving idiots and trying to be cute. That play calling during the first half was infuriating.

every
Apr 24, 2008

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Mizzou looks decent, SCAR and Georgia are about on par and decent. Tennessee will beat someone they shouldn't.

every
Apr 24, 2008

Yeah, he also cryptically gave that the condition:

"If they can go long enough without being loving idiots and trying to be cute. That play calling during the first half was infuriating."

Which is exactly how they lost the SCAR game.

I still think they're good enough to make the playoff, but I don't think they will. It's the yearly refrain of "All Good Teams Go Undefeated." Statistically, there's likely to be maybe 1 undefeated team in the playoff.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

every posted:

Mizzou looks decent, SCAR and Georgia are about on par and decent. Tennessee will beat someone they shouldn't.

Mizzou has beaten SDSU, Toledo and vastly depleted UCF team and gets to play Indiana next week. If they win one or both against UGA and Cackalkey then you can say that without a qualifier. I mean I generally agree with the sentiment. I am just saying, losing by 3 on the road to SCAR isn't a horrible loss.

every
Apr 24, 2008

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Mizzou has beaten SDSU, Toledo and vastly depleted UCF team and gets to play Indiana next week. If they win one or both against UGA and Cackalkey then you can say that without a qualifier. I mean I generally agree with the sentiment. I am just saying, losing by 3 on the road to SCAR isn't a horrible loss.

I 100% agree with you. But, to play devil's advocate, I think Georgia fans are probably more crushed by the way that Georgia lost. It was pretty preventable.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Komet posted:

jersey.txt

Also, which pictures appeared on the Rutgers athletic department page? Was one the Penn State flag with the child figure giving oral sex to the adult?

This is the first piece of evidence I've seen that NJ gives a poo poo about college football. They've made it.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
If your team loses a game it's time to fire your coach and wait for march madness.

every
Apr 24, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

If your team loses a game it's time to fire your coach and wait for march madness.

Exactly. Who is your team, btw, bip roberts?

HooverDam
Aug 16, 2004

News: ASU AD Ray Anderson and Head FB Coach Todd Graham (and their families) are each donating $500K of their personal money towards the "ASU Momentum" campaign, which is the campaign to redo Sun Devil Stadium:

http://www.thesundevils.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30300&ATCLID=209653373

Views: :cool: Glad to see these guys put their money where their mouths are. I am not sure how common this sort of thing is for sitting ADs/Coaches, but its neat.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

kentuckyfans.txt

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

every posted:

Exactly. Who is your team, btw, bip roberts?

Hey, Wisconsin basketball is always exciting.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

jesus

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

"Nonstop 'Dores Action." A good thread title.

every
Apr 24, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

Haha, basketball.

every fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Sep 15, 2014

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Scarf posted:

"Nonstop 'Dores Action." A good thread title.

wait wait wait...

"Ladies and Gentlemen... The 'Dores."

There we go.

every
Apr 24, 2008

The word "Commodores" isn't generally relevant enough to necessitate an abbreviation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Scarf posted:

wait wait wait...

"Ladies and Gentlemen... The 'Dores."

There we go.

hahaha that would rule

• Locked thread