Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Did someone mention earlier in the thread that character name changes are up on the test server? I hope that finally gets released, even if it's something they lock down to a set number of times per character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Mortimer posted:

buying the one doesn't get you the others on all factions does it?

if it doesn't why wouldn't I just use my certs on it?

You should use certs to buy weapons unless you really want to have a weapon now.
Station cash is for cosmetics :colbert:

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

A Tartan Tory posted:

Personally, I think if you kill someone with something, you deserve the credit. Even if it is 'cheese'.

DA does give you credit for it though, they just relegate it to being compared to other people using that 'cheese' weapon. Shotguns, for example, are cheap as gently caress because of the way the netcode works. It's not anything you can really balance for in terms of weapon design, and I think DA's solution of 'comparing shotgun users to other shotgun users' is a good balance if you give a poo poo about stats. They are a blast to use and fun and I use mine a lot, but my performance with shotguns isn't really representative of how good I am as a player (I'm not that good overall).

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Sep 18, 2014

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Fans posted:

Sadly the nerfs to the Liberator and the new resource costs firing up the pubbies enthusiasm for pulling Coyote/A2AM fighters has managed to end the Skygod plague who now spend their time complaining on Reddit that lock on missiles swarms are ruining their honorable air game of ganging up on single clueless pilots.

That's a shame. I always wanted to poo poo on people from above but never got a chance.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Zaodai posted:

Did someone mention earlier in the thread that character name changes are up on the test server? I hope that finally gets released, even if it's something they lock down to a set number of times per character.

I think someone mentioned that it requires you have some specific "name change" item, so it's probably something you'll have to pay real money for.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

quote:

New flag decals in Sept update: Spain Norway Sweden Denmark EU Belgium Ireland Scotland Wales

Nationalism ho! I get to replace the Union Jack with Wales kindergarten flag and go hunt for Space Sheep finally.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Davethulhu posted:

You should use certs to buy weapons unless you really want to have a weapon now.
Station cash is for cosmetics :colbert:

Or if you have multiple characters on the same faction across servers. I have three NC and three VS characters spread across servers so I tend to buy their guns with SC.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Fart Car '97 posted:

DA does give you credit for it though, they just relegate it to being compared to other people using that 'cheese' weapon. Shotguns, for example, are cheap as gently caress because of the way the netcode works. It's not anything you can really balance for in terms of weapon design, and I think DA's solution of 'comparing shotgun users to other shotgun users' is a good balance if you give a poo poo about stats. They are a blast to use and fun and I use mine a lot, but my performance with shotguns isn't really representative of how good I am as a player (I'm not that good overall).

Uhhh that quote is from 200+ pages ago. Also shotgun accuracy and sniper rifle HSR would kinda gently caress up the ratings for LMG/AR/Carbine/SMGS.

Horizontal Tree posted:

^^^ I'd take the MSW or CARV-S over the Orion or SVA-88. They lose the .75ADS but they gain a lot in return.

This is literally the "best" defense I have ever heard someone give AC. "They can't be hacking, I've seen their players stream!"
Then they fight said players and go "what the gently caress, this is not legit"
Even having some of the highest overall accuracy stats in the game, mine are nothing compared to AC players, and its very rare I can 1v1 anyone from that outfit unless I shoot first and they're luckily not using the I Win Shield
Just take a look at this page and it'll give you an idea how far outside the norm AC's stats are: http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/play...%5D=2&f%5B%5D=3
For reference, IVI score is determined by Accuracy and Headshot Rate %

Pointing to IVI score and claiming hax is kinda meh. (My smurf has a higher IVI score than 12 of them)

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Uhhh that quote is from 200+ pages ago. Also shotgun accuracy and sniper rifle HSR would kinda gently caress up the ratings for LMG/AR/Carbine/SMGS.

Pointing to IVI score and claiming hax is kinda meh. (My smurf has a higher IVI score than 12 of them)

Is your smurf BR 100+ with 8+ infantry kdr

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Man I am glad I am not stupid enough to literally treat pissside twice as stat rss feed.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

It appears there's an ongoing campaign on reddit to get everyone to use air to air locks, coyotes, g2a weapons, ESF gank squads... the goal is to burn down the air game and start it over.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Westy543 posted:

It appears there's an ongoing campaign on reddit to get everyone to use air to air locks, coyotes, g2a weapons, ESF gank squads... the goal is to burn down the air game and start it over.

Good.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Westy543 posted:

And they say Reddit has never done anything worthwhile.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Yes surely this won't backfire and end up as a feast for the spergs

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Its a bad Connery player that came to Emerald that's trying this, too. You think he'd just appreciate the already better server.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I think someone mentioned that it requires you have some specific "name change" item, so it's probably something you'll have to pay real money for.

I assumed that it would require real money, but I'm fine with that. It beats not having the option at all.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Nameless Dread posted:

If you've ever made or read a graph about this game, you are as bad as anything you're bitching about and my eyes glaze over at the thought of your existence.

Dukka posted:

Man I am glad I am not stupid enough to literally treat pissside twice as stat rss feed.
Yeah man gently caress knowing what anything is or does in this game where hundreds of things interact with each other at any given time so the more I know about what I'm using the less things I have to keep track of while shooting at guys, and especially gently caress trying to justify any of my preferences with facts. I just close my eyes on the loadout screen and click randomly for five minutes then spawn with whatever spaceman dildo gun I happened to end up with because it's all the fuckin' same. Check how cool I am because I play video games but I don't care about playing video games. :dukedog:

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Nakar posted:

Yeah man gently caress knowing what anything is or does in this game where hundreds of things interact with each other at any given time so the more I know about what I'm using the less things I have to keep track of while shooting at guys, and especially gently caress trying to justify any of my preferences with facts. I just close my eyes on the loadout screen and click randomly for five minutes then spawn with whatever spaceman dildo gun I happened to end up with because it's all the fuckin' same. Check how cool I am because I play video games but I don't care about playing video games. :dukedog:
Your KDR must be poo poo going by the low performance of this post.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Nakar posted:

yeah this but without the overwhelming babyness within

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

I don't like the solstice because its a SMG without the hipfire and its a carbine without the accuracy. It has no purpose other then auraxing, you can get the VX7, the pulsar C or an actual SMG that do its job better in every regard.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

The Solstice isn't that bad. It's just the Trac 5-S without the burst fire, attachment variety, and extra 10 rounds in the magazine!

:negative:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The Solstice is pretty OK. It's probably the blandest of all weapons, but it's fine. Just fine. Like pretty much if there was an exact midpoint between "This gun is no fun to use" and "fully spun-up MCG" it'd be the Solstice. It's pretty good. Decent all-around. Acceptable in any given situation. Reasonably nice. Mightily tolerable. :effort:

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Mortimer posted:

buying the one doesn't get you the others on all factions does it?

if it doesn't why wouldn't I just use my certs on it?

Because my TR/VS alts only exist to remind me of why I play NC.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSLIWf5R4Sg

:stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare:

Suddenly the 8300 certs I've put into my Flash seem much better spent, you guys weren't kidding

v v v Solstice is a bad combo of low DPM and lots of damage dropoff, which means a shitload of reloading and sidearm swaps. For a lot of players (myself included) this is an absolute deal breaker, and these players will utterly despise this weapon when compared to the Pulsar C v v v

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Sep 18, 2014

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I'm confused, when I use it the Solstice (non SF) seems like a very good gun, but I thought all Vanu guns were trash?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

If all <845 143 damage weapons had 35 rounds it'd be okay.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Fart Car '97 posted:

I'm confused, when I use it the Solstice (non SF) seems like a very good gun, but I thought all Vanu guns were trash?

sitchelin posted:

The Solstice isn't that bad. It's just the Trac 5-S without the burst fire, attachment variety, and extra 10 rounds in the magazine!

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I suppose one obvious issue with the Solstice is the mere existence of the Pulsar C, a weapon with 50 less DPS, an effectively identical TTK, none of the DPM problems most VS guns have since it's a 167 damage gun, 167-125 damage model, and the best accuracy any carbine can get. The Pulsar C doesn't even have that much worse of a reload, really. And you can get the Pulsar C from the newbie quiz for free. The Solstice does have pretty much the fastest reloads of anything though and it's hurt slightly less by Nanoweave (although the Pulsar C rewards headshots more).

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Epic High Five posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSLIWf5R4Sg

:stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare:

Suddenly the 8300 certs I've put into my Flash seem much better spent, you guys weren't kidding

"[ECUS posted:

fodollah"]I don't like it.

Any noob can drive it now. There was something masterful about being able to drive it like we do. This is probably for the PS4 crowd.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

Westy543 posted:

quote:

[ECUS]fodollah posted:

I don't like it.

Any noob can drive it now. There was something masterful about being able to drive it like we do. This is probably for the PS4 crowd.

Yeah gently caress QOL updates that make the other two chassis options viable and not outright suicide, respectively.

Please link where this is so I can thrash this wrong stupid dumb guy.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Oh no, they fixed the handling and flipping, how will anyone ever kill a Flash now?

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Is 10,000 the max amount of certs you can hold before the number stops going up?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Ryuga Death posted:

Is 10,000 the max amount of certs you can hold before the number stops going up?

Yep, you can be gifted to go above that (and I believe daily certs will put you above it as well) but unless your ticker says 0-9,999 you won't be earning any no matter how much exp you earn

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
That sucks, I was hoping to save up as much as I can. Oh well, spent some of it just to make space for more certs. By the way, is there any reason to max out flak and nano armor? It's a thousand to max out and that just seems really expensive.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

^Max flak to survive rocket primaries and mines!

Sard posted:

Yeah gently caress QOL updates that make the other two chassis options viable and not outright suicide, respectively.

Please link where this is so I can thrash this wrong stupid dumb guy.

http://www.reddit.com/r/harasser/comments/2gna6h/harassers_cant_flip_or_spin_out_on_pts/ckla1gd

Which one isn't viable? I know racer is basically suicide (fun suicide!) for half the ground vehicles, but surger and scrapper both seem good. The best advice I can give to anyone wondering which performance slot to use is try all three in VR. If you mean Flash then yeah, I know exactly which one you're talking about. :v:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
There's no reason to be stocking anywhere close to 10k certs unless you simply don't have anything left to spend them on. If you haven't gotten at least all your infantry stuff up to next-to-last rank, you can do that. If you want to bump Flak or Nanoweave to 5 on a class, that's 1000 certs easily spent. You could buy attachments for a weapon. If you aren't sure what else to do with them, put them into a Sunderer. You can never go wrong with a Sunderer, if nothing else it's durable transportation and now they all have AMS for free so it can also be popped at whatever fight you're at to act as a secondary spawn.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Westy543 posted:

^Max flak to survive rocket primaries and mines!

http://www.reddit.com/r/harasser/comments/2gna6h/harassers_cant_flip_or_spin_out_on_pts/ckla1gd

Which one isn't viable? I know racer is basically suicide (fun suicide!) for half the ground vehicles, but surger and scrapper both seem good. The best advice I can give to anyone wondering which performance slot to use is try all three in VR. If you mean Flash then yeah, I know exactly which one you're talking about. :v:

They've both fit both terms I guess, at various points in time for Flash stability. Racer could flip you on things too quickly to react, while surger stiffened your suspension so much that the bike would- rather than crumpling in and resisting the roll- ride right up things like trees and rocks and capsize. After the first update making it harder to roll the ATV, surger became viable as it generally corrected itself before getting ugly. Now that the bike will even try to roll back over, sick-air racer jumps are gonna be less of a gamble. They need to do more to make racer a worthwhile choice, though; the speed increase is really low when you look at it as a percent gain, while scrapper is generally always useful and surger makes the Flash a cozy hoverbike.

Sard fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Sep 18, 2014

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nakar posted:

There's no reason to be stocking anywhere close to 10k certs unless you simply don't have anything left to spend them on. If you haven't gotten at least all your infantry stuff up to next-to-last rank, you can do that. If you want to bump Flak or Nanoweave to 5 on a class, that's 1000 certs easily spent. You could buy attachments for a weapon. If you aren't sure what else to do with them, put them into a Sunderer. You can never go wrong with a Sunderer, if nothing else it's durable transportation and now they all have AMS for free so it can also be popped at whatever fight you're at to act as a secondary spawn.

I only really play Medic. I find most other classes boring except for short spurts, mostly Heavy MCG. My medic stuff is already maxed out (heal aura, medic tool, even the dumb shield dong), C4, 3 medkits, attachments for all the guns I use on medic, ASC and grenade bando maxed, and nano/flak at rank 4.

I don't deploy vehicles because they're boring so I don't really care to put certs into them. I have LA's default jetpack maxed along with the heavy's default shield and a rank 4 resist. I just don't play anything else enough to warrant spending a huge amount of certs.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
At least get Nano/Flak to 5 then, that'll burn off 2000 certs. They're really effective at max rank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sard
May 11, 2012

Ryuga Death posted:

I only really play Medic. I find most other classes boring except for short spurts, mostly Heavy MCG. My medic stuff is already maxed out (heal aura, medic tool, even the dumb shield dong), C4, 3 medkits, attachments for all the guns I use on medic, ASC and grenade bando maxed, and nano/flak at rank 4.

I don't deploy vehicles because they're boring so I don't really care to put certs into them. I have LA's default jetpack maxed along with the heavy's default shield and a rank 4 resist. I just don't play anything else enough to warrant spending a huge amount of certs.

Well speaking of the Flash above, consider that. If you have triage on the medic, you can be a pretty useful support station by bringing a stealth armor, radar-equipped ATV into small fights- as far as I know anyone near the bike will benefit from triage (maybe even MAX suits?). Put on a Fury and it's more or less a cheap all-in-wonder tool for you to blow up vacant vehicles, detect nearby enemies, or kill MAX suits without using C4.

• Locked thread