Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Thoogsby posted:

Good day for CBB adjacent podcasts. Wild Horses on I4H and PFT + Gourley on Dead Authors.

Do you need to know literature to listen to the dead authors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
It's freely accessible for dumb folks too

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

ImPureAwesome posted:

You might need to familiarize yourself with the works of Jules Verne to understand why the audience just hissed, but that's it.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.

ImPureAwesome posted:

No, you might miss a small joke or reference but it's mostly about the banter between PFT and the guest.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Some of the guests flat out know little to nothing about the person they're portraying so you definitely don't need to be that well read. Most know some stuff, and the occasional guest is a superfan and knows a whole lot. I think the best ones are in the middle someplace, knows enough to portray to person but isn't serious about them enough that they can improv and goof on stuff.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Drunkboxer posted:

Some of the guests flat out know little to nothing about the person they're portraying so you definitely don't need to be that well read. Most know some stuff, and the occasional guest is a superfan and knows a whole lot. I think the best ones are in the middle someplace, knows enough to portray to person but isn't serious about them enough that they can improv and goof on stuff.
I'm a huge Walt Whitman and James Adomian fan, but his performance totally bewildered me.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

ManoliIsFat posted:

I'm a huge Walt Whitman and James Adomian fan, but his performance totally bewildered me.

Yeah it was more of an impression of someone reading blades of grass rather than Whitman. It was insane and he's like the only person that could keep up that energy for so long.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Yeah, if you're worried at all about missing something and wanting a simple intro DAP I'd start with the Ben Franklin episode.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Golden Bee posted:

Cameron Esposito: best guest in a looooong time.

I maintain that last year's "Raw Copera" is wildly underrated.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
The Ben Schwartz as Roald Dahl episode of Dead Authors is terrific overall and the amazing moment Benny Schwaz discovers Dahl was a raging anti-semite might be the best thing in any DA episode.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Urk! posted:

Yeah, if you're worried at all about missing something and wanting a simple intro DAP I'd start with the Ben Franklin episode.

Or the most recent one.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The Nick Krohl/Jorges Luis Borges one was also very good.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Gary Gygax and Tolkein are very good too, and their references shouldn't go over your head I assume. Other than Adomian's ridiculous episode, Oscar Wilde and Tennessee Williams were really good too.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Mr. Squishy posted:

The Nick Krohl/Jorges Luis Borges one was also very good.

I've listened to this one like 3 times.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I liked Demorge as Ralph Ellison. Very very droll.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Drunkboxer posted:

I've listened to this one like 3 times.

I have too, as well, as it is a labyrinth

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

Urk! posted:

This is still by far my favorite episode, and the episode I'm always hoping the next one will be like.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

The first new episode of the Comedy Bang Bang television program is up on youtube for you to watch and enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g9CZf7xRy4

For some reason they no longer film on a set and instead everything is shot against a green screen which is pretty jarring. Other than that, good stuff.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

cams posted:

The first new episode of the Comedy Bang Bang television program is up on youtube for you to watch and enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g9CZf7xRy4

For some reason they no longer film on a set and instead everything is shot against a green screen which is pretty jarring. Other than that, good stuff.

Tsk tsk, not available in your country.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

cams posted:

Why do you say that? Looks normal to me. This is the second half of season 3 so it would be weird to switch it up in the middle of a season.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

anotherone posted:

Why do you say that? Looks normal to me. This is the second half of season 3 so it would be weird to switch it up in the middle of a season.

They have always filmed in front of a green screen according to the final episode of season 1 with Weird Al.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpPRf71OE7g

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Watching this again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpBLYhbljFI

There's no no-no that says you can't tickle Paul Rust.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I'm in line at either CBB at Webster hall or the white people wearing hoodies convention.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

I'm in line at either CBB at Webster hall or the white people wearing hoodies convention.

Pretty sure it's both. I'm surprised there aren't more people in their ComicCon outfits, to be honest

(This is a tiny little room compared to Skirball Center, drat)

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
That was a great show, but I'm not sure it will ever get released since they spent the entire first half joking about the sound check in the theatre above. Won't play well on audio, I think.

Scott just tweeted that the NYC shows from last May will be released soon, which is good to hear

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

abraham linksys posted:

That was a great show, but I'm not sure it will ever get released since they spent the entire first half joking about the sound check in the theatre above. Won't play well on audio, I think.

Scott just tweeted that the NYC shows from last May will be released soon, which is good to hear

hi anal volcano i was also at that show and enjoyed it very much

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

I was wearing a hoodie!

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
When he asked for a rap subject I yelled hollywood facts but not very loud sorry everyone.... I should have yelled louder...

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Teenage Fansub posted:

Watching this again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpBLYhbljFI

There's no no-no that says you can't tickle Paul Rust.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
I came in late and went to the theater with all the noise. "Where is everyone? Did the show end early and kick everyone out?" Was leaving at the same time that the band took a break, just in time to hear PFT's Herzog leak out of that tiny oven room.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Squinty Applebottom posted:

I was wearing a hoodie!

It is the sacred garment of our proud and ancient people.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

#cool

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Decent episode but I wish Gemberling had been on.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

Thoogsby posted:

Decent episode but I wish Gemberling had been on.

He's still mourning the loss of his one true love, United Flight 93.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

You can watch 47 minutes of Adam Pally, Jon Gabrus, and John Gemberling dicking around Vegas here:
https://screen.yahoo.com/esquire-network/getaway-full-episode-adam-pally-202640163.html

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Tavarin posted:

They have always filmed in front of a green screen according to the final episode of season 1 with Weird Al.
Lol. They have a green screen, but there's obviously a set. They post pictures from it all the time. This episode looked totally normal to me.

When he asked for a rap subject I yelled hollywood facts but not very loud sorry everyone.... I should have yelled louder...
aaaahahaha

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
I loving lost it at Scott's Bill Cosby bit

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

tnimark posted:

The Ben Schwartz as Roald Dahl episode of Dead Authors is terrific overall and the amazing moment Benny Schwaz discovers Dahl was a raging anti-semite might be the best thing in any DA episode.

Thanks for this, just got up ons the DA podcast, starting with the Benny Schwaz episode because of this post. I love this cast, maybe even more than CBB. The Jon Daly/Oscar Wilde one killed me too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Do you think they told Dane Cook this is a comedy show?