Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Buschmaki posted:

I finally figured out how a cool trade secret in eu4 that'll let me beat portugal. If you can force all of the trade nodes in a continent to flow into your home trade province you can get rich as gently caress very easily, especially with high mercantilism

i dont think thats a secret

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I always thought that mercantilism was bad because it didn't let you collect in other nodes, I didn't realize that transfer trade power with a majority trade bonus or w/e makes the trade post you use it in a desolate wasteland with no money to be had.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

There is literally no downside to mercantilism. Crank it really high and increases the TP you get from provinces. It's really good if you own the CoTs and Estuaries.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

There is literally no downside to mercantilism. Crank it really high and increases the TP you get from provinces. It's really good if you own the CoTs and Estuaries.

yeah unlike eu3 it's good as hell

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Buschmaki posted:

I always thought that mercantilism was bad because it didn't let you collect in other nodes, I didn't realize that transfer trade power with a majority trade bonus or w/e makes the trade post you use it in a desolate wasteland with no money to be had.

"Mercantilism provides a bonus to provincial trade power equal to double the listed mercantilism percentage."

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

like you should pretty much always take the choice to raise it since unlike the trade offs (loss of stability / legitimacy / tradition / points / whatever) you can't increase it any other way

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Beating the poo poo out of the Ottomans early game almost feels as good as beating the poo poo out of France.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

It's even cooler when QQ won't give them mil access because they got buff and rivalled them so their big stack just sits in Anatolia and cries.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

i have like three tests this week so i wont be able to play charlemagne when it drops :smith:

i might just let it run overnight just to see what the map looks like in the morning

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I get paid to stab people with sharp objects.
Mapgamers, you are all impossible to find on steam.

Add me to your steam friends if you want me to bug you about strategies.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/okiemurse/

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
This technically isnt a mapgame in multiplayer, but the multiplayer in Mount and Blade Warband and the Napoleon expansion is so freaking fun and good! I cant wait for Bannerlord to come out and establish paradox's hegemony over mapgames.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

All of the important Map Gamers are already my Steam Friends.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Map Gamer feels: Looking at the screenshots of the Unit DLC because you know you'll never notice it in game.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

also the groggames thread is falling all over commander: the great war which is now back on steam, i should be getting it in a couple days to see how it is

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Map Gamer feels: Looking at the screenshots of the Unit DLC because you know you'll never notice it in game.

doesnt the new eu4 update have like giant units on the sides of the war results or something

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

All of the important Map Gamers are already my Steam Friends.

My feels

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

elf help book posted:

doesnt the new eu4 update have like giant units on the sides of the war results or something

yeah lol. that and the price changes are the things i'm not so sure about. well the price change stuff is supposedly partly for performance so i guess i'm okay with it. not like the old system meant anything to most players.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

yeah lol. that and the price changes are the things i'm not so sure about. well the price change stuff is supposedly partly for performance so i guess i'm okay with it. not like the old system meant anything to most players.

i like the giant men stabbing at air

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the worst dlc is the great monuments because they are tiny buildings you can only see in terrain mode

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

I started invading Laconia in Hegemony Gold finally. Spartans are strong as gently caress and recruiting them on your own costs 100 gold (more than a ship or catapult!!)

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

They kept sending their "navy" (one ship lmao) to attack one of my islands and I kept sinking it year after year. They only made a landing once.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

DICKHEAD posted:

I started invading Laconia in Hegemony Gold finally. Spartans are strong as gently caress and recruiting them on your own costs 100 gold (more than a ship or catapult!!)

This is sparta!!!! *kicks the fucktarded op into a well

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

OkieMurse posted:

Mapgamers, you are all impossible to find on steam.

Add me to your steam friends if you want me to bug you about strategies.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/okiemurse/

i'm hay man

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

knuc aint fucktarded

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

poo poo when did Victoria II get cards

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

Lawman 0 posted:

poo poo when did Victoria II get cards

I don't know but the first one I got was "The Steam"

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

Anyone use the Pop Demand Mod for V2? A friend recommended it but I was going to play a few vanilla games first.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
You should always give a game a vanilla run first or at least try it vanilla to get a feel for the gameplay and what you would like changed.

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

Absolutely. I have a list of vanilla games I want to do first.

Finish this Japan game.
USA (or maybe CSA)
China or Russia
Somewhere in India or Africa.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Pewdiepie posted:

What he deuce.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i tried an iroqouis game just to see if they made it less loving homo with conquest of paradise

its actually p sweet, there's stuff to do and north americans can do more besides sit there and slowly upgrade tech after conquering their 2 or 3 neighbors

meso/south america did not get touched at all and is still AWFUL. they didnt even port the unique ideas they get from ck2 converter into vanilla wtf. i thought all new world nations sucked but turns out that just inca/aztec, north america is decently fun to play now. maybe it will suck poo poo balls once england and france show up though.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

It's so insanely bullshit they made a whole ex pack for the new world and literally did not bother touching central/south america.

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

i tried an iroqouis game just to see if they made it less loving homo with conquest of paradise

its actually p sweet, there's stuff to do and north americans can do more besides sit there and slowly upgrade tech after conquering their 2 or 3 neighbors

meso/south america did not get touched at all and is still AWFUL. they didnt even port the unique ideas they get from ck2 converter into vanilla wtf. i thought all new world nations sucked but turns out that just inca/aztec, north america is decently fun to play now. maybe it will suck poo poo balls once england and france show up though.

I feel like NA stands a much better chance now. I loved CoP since I think my most played factions in that game are native americans and Portugal.

But yes, South America is still retarded.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It's so insanely bullshit they made a whole ex pack for the new world and literally did not bother touching central/south america.

i guess its bc it would conflict with people who imported sunset invasion but still, loving bullshit

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

StashAugustine posted:

also the groggames thread is falling all over commander: the great war which is now back on steam, i should be getting it in a couple days to see how it is

iirc their verdict was kinda lukewarm on that game? idk, that was the impression I got

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

i guess its bc it would conflict with people who imported sunset invasion but still, loving bullshit

they're doing it in the next expansion (comes out on the 30th)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

PleasingFungus posted:

they're doing it in the next expansion (comes out on the 30th)

really? link???

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Sid Meier's Pirates is one of the best map games known to man.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

having trouble finding the dev diary

e: yeah idk if it's been a dev diary or just in streams. also no idea if they've changed the mechanics/tech group to be less awful. seems like they're at least putting some thought into it, tho, which is nice

PleasingFungus fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Oct 13, 2014

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

http://youtu.be/6FyEo28V5fA?list=UUoGGaYP3n6PMGl_NGXkP2hg

Here's a vid where they talk about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

PleasingFungus posted:

having trouble finding the dev diary

e: yeah idk if it's been a dev diary or just in streams. also no idea if they've changed the mechanics/tech group to be less awful. seems like they're at least putting some thought into it, tho, which is nice

cool. gooniversalis and other mods made more divided central america and unique poo poo so its good to see it applied to south and central