Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

I like Wall Hugger camo :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Zsinjeh posted:

A million times Tech, how is this even a debate

Seriously this. Jesus gently caress nerds shatter hasn't been in style for like a year.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Gobblecoque posted:

Seriously this. Jesus gently caress nerds shatter hasn't been in style for like a year.

I think you'll find being encrusted in gold never depreciates in value over time. :911:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Gobblecoque posted:

VS Shatter maybe

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

I have War Embers and enjoy it very much.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I use Shatter, but I switch it up with Suave (for pretty pretty flowers) and Electric Storm (for that :krad: 90's highschool notebook look).

If you're not using gaudy camos, you're playing Planetside 2 wrong.

Jejunity Jay
Sep 18, 2012
Did they nerf the suicide wraith flash? I've parked next to two tanks in the last 2 mins and neither died to twin C4?

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Jejunity Jay posted:

Did they nerf the suicide wraith flash? I've parked next to two tanks in the last 2 mins and neither died to twin C4?

Hit detection is still absolute poo poo, put 4 viper shots into a HA last night doing no damage at all.

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

roger that sir, you're good to go.
If you don't have Shapely camo I don't know what to do with you.

:jewish:

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

folgore posted:

If you want to "look good" do not buy shatter or palm camo

I have the Heavy Assault auraxium armor + palm camo. A goon (forget who) described the look as "track suit". Presumably of a Lakers fan, since the palm looks gold and the aurax is obviously glowing purple.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
The biggest mistake with million dollar camo is that it isn't shiny. It is, however, really stupid, and that counts for a lot.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Blasmeister posted:

I think you'll find being encrusted in gold never depreciates in value over time. :911:

Never 4get gun camo bug

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
I like my normal Circuit Board + Short Circuit on VS. Clover + Short Circuit usually on NC/TR. Short Circuit looks good on guns.
I also own the "Winter Wonderland" weapon-only camo, which owns cause its solid white with little Christmas trees, red ornaments, and snowflakes on it. Snowflake camo is also a cool one, but both of those are winter limited.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

Davethulhu posted:

I have the Heavy Assault auraxium armor + palm camo. A goon (forget who) described the look as "track suit". Presumably of a Lakers fan, since the palm looks gold and the aurax is obviously glowing purple.

Yes that was me making fun of your mid 90s purple rayon lookin suit. I think unclean has one now, so he got that last night from everyone too!

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Fart Car '97 posted:

You should contact SOE, I believe they'll refund you the difference if you buy something with spacebucks and it goes on sale within 24 hours. I don't think they do it for cert purchased items though.

Thanks for this advice. I contacted support:

quote:

I'd like to let you know that I was able to grant you a one time courtesy refund of the 630 SC you spent on the Terminus VX-9. =)
Please remember going forward, all sales are final and we will not be able to assist you in this manner again. Keep in mind that sales occur quite often and we're not able to retroactively grant sale prices to all our players.

As a token of our appreciation feel free to keep the item you bought and we'll get that SC back to you immediately.

So I got the full SC price of the Terminus back, and got to keep it. Maybe it was because I said I was gonna spend that SC on hats anyway, but that's good form.

Renounced
Nov 8, 2005

POSTING ON THE INTERNET

Fishstick posted:

So I got the full SC price of the Terminus back, and got to keep it. Maybe it was because I said I was gonna spend that SC on hats anyway, but that's good form.

This makes me feel about better about the possibility of dealing with SOE if I have a problem. I recently had to open a ticket with Steam over the store buying the wrong Dota TV ticket (ESL vanilla ticket vs bundle) and they basically told me to get hosed. Over $5.

Well played SOE, in any case.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
SOE customer service is actually pretty drat good at helping with these sort of things. They will check your past tickets to make sure you're not trying to do it repeatedly though.

Desideratus
Oct 5, 2008

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

Yeah but if you forget your account login details, good fuckin' luck. I've filed three tickets because I can't login to the forums under my actual account because I forgot my password, and resetting it requires my secret question, which I also forgot the answer to. The support ticket bot will refuse to reset your password without your secret answer, even if you specifically put in a ticket for not having your secret answer.

yeah a while ago I gave up and just made a second account for the forums, I don't give nearly enough of a gently caress to actually call SOE on a real phone, and the only time I got into their online support chat thing the guy said "Hello" and then disconnected :downs:

YoursTruly
Jul 29, 2012

Put me in the trash
Recycle Bin
where
I belong.

Fishstick posted:

From what I've heard, SOE gives everyone one chance to get a refund (and keep the item) on Station Cash purchases. Though if that were abused I'm sure they would stop.

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut

YoursTruly posted:

From what I've heard, SOE gives everyone one chance to get a refund (and keep the item) on Station Cash purchases. Though if that were abused I'm sure they would stop.

That must be a newish development. When I tried to get a refund for something last year they wouldn't budge an inch.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I had only ever heard of them doing it if the situation was "Hey I bought this twelve hours ago, now it's half price :mad:"

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

They gave me a refund over an incredibly misleading item description but were very adamant that it would be ~the only refund I ever get~

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

One of SOE's artists died

https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/522873082684264450
http://www.gofundme.com/fx7r3w

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Uh as CEO isn't it Smedley's job to pay death benefits, and not leave it up to crowdsourcing?

Is this the world we live in? What is real anymore?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Evilreaver posted:

Uh as CEO isn't it Smedley's job to pay death benefits, and not leave it up to crowdsourcing?

Welcome to America.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Evilreaver posted:

Lol yeah maybe he'll take a percentage of all that overtime they were paid working 70-80 hour weeks for the game

You must be EU

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Evilreaver posted:

Sony has Opt-In life insurance. At least their other gaming companies do. Not sure about Sony Online Entertainment specifically. But at larger companies it all tends to be the same.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
SONY Death Benefits, Section 1

-In the event of your death while employed with us, if you opt in, we will write One (1) Heartfelt Paragraph and start a kickstarter in your honor.
-If you opt out, and you die on premises, we will fire your corpse out of the building via The Cannon.

Evilreaver fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Oct 18, 2014

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

Desideratus posted:

Yeah but if you forget your account login details, good fuckin' luck. I've filed three tickets because I can't login to the forums under my actual account because I forgot my password, and resetting it requires my secret question, which I also forgot the answer to. The support ticket bot will refuse to reset your password without your secret answer, even if you specifically put in a ticket for not having your secret answer.

yeah a while ago I gave up and just made a second account for the forums, I don't give nearly enough of a gently caress to actually call SOE on a real phone, and the only time I got into their online support chat thing the guy said "Hello" and then disconnected :downs:

Was going to say if you call, at least when I did they were super helpful. I had at least 3 SOE accounts across multiple email addresses and some on the same one so password recovery was impossible. Was able to tell a girl my previous character in PS1 on one account, my outfit, verify potential email addresses I would have used a decade ago and she was then able to sort out where my accounts all were and send me reset forms for them at my current working email.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

go3 posted:

Is the SABR-13 still a magical thing or are these the new hotness
Do you have an extremely steady hand, heavily-weighted mouse, or a clickscript? If so the SABR-13 is still the best gun in the game. If not stick with the T1 or TORQ.

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

Don't use burstfire guns until they move the FSRM to trigger on the last bullet. :soe:

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
That doesn't really apply so much to the SABR and TRAP since they have .75 and .2 FSRM's respectively.

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...rowsperpage=250

.75 but yeah that is way lower than other burst guns like the Solstice's 2.8, or the trac b's 2.35. Still I think the idea of a burst gun kicking hugely on the first bullet is totally stupid. The sabr is probably totally fine, as the exception to the rule.

edit: it's the lowest of the bunch

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Evilreaver posted:

SONY Death Benefits, Section 1

-In the event of your death while employed with us, if you opt in, we will write One (1) Heartfelt Paragraph and start a kickstarter in your honor.
-If you opt out, and you die on premises, we will fire your corpse out of the building via The Cannon.

poo poo man thats a better benefit that the vast majority of businesses, which I'm sure is:

-If you die while employed with us we'll find a replacement and clean out your office for you

-Your final check sent to your benefactor will be deducted for the lost time performing the above

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

Fans posted:

Pumpkins will also spawn all the time now, thought not as often as an alert. So basically just go to Esamir to get that poo poo done.

I saw my first pumpkin during a tank battle on Indar the other day, I was running around repairing friendly Prowlers and saw a thing between the lines, ran over to check it out and figured it was a pumpkin so I shot it. Was only twenty minutes left in the alert but figured I'd pull a Flash and go looking for more and I managed to find about eleven. We ended up winning the alert by over five hundred pumpkins. I know I won't make any useful progress in the event directive but at least now I've seen one.

Blasmeister posted:

SABR is still good, the stock cycler is good and the TRV is good. Honestly the torq is pretty replaceable if you don't medic often, especially when the stock gun is so good. The terminus though, that one is unmissable for anyone with a VS character

When I saw the sale I immediately bought the TORQ because of all the high praise it gets in this thread, I was pretty tempted to pick up the Terminus for the same reason and then noticed I so rarely touch my VS character these days and if I do it's not to play Medic.

Agenta Khaulan
Oct 12, 2014
A group of gamers is running a PS2 event for charity called extra life, they will be streaming while they play on the 25th.

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.team&teamID=16093

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I think I may shelve the Gauss Prime until such time that SOE sees fit to rebalance it and the GODSAW. Compared to the Tross and Reaper and even the stock Gauss it just feels....weak, somehow. I feel like I've got to work twice as hard to do as well with it as I do with the Tross, even up close where the Prime should have it bang to rights

The Fortuna is a real treat though. That gun is fantastic.

edit - beret update

It's going to be chaos on the NC/VS front

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Oct 18, 2014

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I've got two of these XP booster things somehow. If I figured it out right, more XP would also lead to more Certs, correct? I don't care about my Battle Rank XP but I need all the Certs I can get at this point.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fina posted:

I've got two of these XP booster things somehow. If I figured it out right, more XP would also lead to more Certs, correct? I don't care about my Battle Rank XP but I need all the Certs I can get at this point.

They're all calculated from the same pool.

You get 1 cert per 250xp, so a 50% boost in exp is a 50% boost in cert gain as well as a 50% increase in BR gain

If you REALLY want certs, gun for people. If you're NC, gun for Periphery. If you aren't gunning, be an engie or medic and vomit ammo/revives everywhere. Play light assault when you're feeling murderous because it's the best class to learn layouts with, and that's 80% of PS2 combat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older
Oct 18
Daily sale: Lightning Red / Blue / Purple Lumifiber Razor
Members sale: NS-44B Commissioner

I won't be around to post deals tomorrow; just check https://twitter.com/PS2DailyDeals instead

• Locked thread