Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Haters: gently caress OFF!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
imagine being a dumb enough human being to go into any thread about a game or system you don't own, and never will, and bitch endlessly about it for thousands of posts

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Herr Direktor posted:

Hey Univbee. I think i remember you talking about nhl 15 before. Do you know if they re-added all the poo poo they took out of the next gen versions, or if they even plan too? Or should I just get 14?

I think only one minor feature was planned to be reintroduced via patching. At this point you're probably better off paying the $5 or whatever for NHL 14.

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

Don't be mean to fans of Hatred now. They're a little unhinged...

Teresa Heinz-Kirby
Jan 2, 2007

i was here first i had a reservation

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

*xbox powers down*

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

univbee posted:

I think only one minor feature was planned to be reintroduced via patching. At this point you're probably better off paying the $5 or whatever for NHL 14.

Don't be mean to fans of Hatred now. They're a little unhinged...

gently caress off

fisheyel83l posted:

*xbox powers down*

gently caress off

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

imagine being a dumb enough human being to go into any thread about a game or system you don't own, and never will, and bitch endlessly about it for thousands of posts

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
lol here we go.

:getin:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm sick of coming in this thread to read about xbox stuff and seeing all these giant faggots posting endlessly about RAM or whatever (literally worse than the cuck meme". If you aren't talking about having fun with your xbox or master chief you need to gently caress off

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Soul Glo posted:

lol here we go.

:getin:

gently caress off

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

Game (and patch) of the year.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/10/...3459f5533000010

So drat good. :captainpop:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Crafty posted:

Game (and patch) of the year.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/10/...3459f5533000010

So drat good. :captainpop:

gently caress off

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

gently caress off

Piece of poo poo if you read my post it's referring to master chief

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Crafty posted:

Piece of poo poo if you read my post it's referring to master chief

gently caress off

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Why do video games still look so loving video-gamey. It's 2014 FOR SHITS SAKE!

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

BonoMan posted:

Why do video games still look so loving video-gamey. It's 2014 FOR SHITS SAKE!

The blu ray drive on my xbox one operates much like the driveclub online multiplayer policy. I take one disc out then I put one disc in, you can't have two in at the same loving time Jesus Christ.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Seedge posted:

PS4 has no games you can't play on PS3, but Xbox has Halo.

You don't see it, do you. It must be like the difference between 1080peas or 912.

Dude just wait for the halo reviews to come in and then you'll have to eat those loving words son*

*as long as they're higher than an arbitrary ps4 game otherwise who the gently caress cares about reviews anyway man gently caress you you stupid loving gently caress

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Bobtista posted:

Dude just wait for the halo reviews to come in and then you'll have to eat those loving words son*

*as long as they're higher than an arbitrary ps4 game otherwise who the gently caress cares about reviews anyway man gently caress you you stupid loving gently caress

Two PS4 owners having a conversation about PS4s in the xbox one thread, it's beautiful :magical:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
It took the Wii U about a year and half of being out to go from "okay" to "must-own" (pretty much coinciding with the release of Mario Kart 8). That's kind of where the bone and PS4 are at now. The PS4 is about to get it's must own game in February (Bloodborne), and has the best multiplatforms not on PC. I don't think the Halo edition is the must-own game for the bone since it's the same 4 games we've all played before. Who knows. Apparently people are excited to play the same games over again.

Winter Fresh
Oct 31, 2011
The new Zanzibar looks pretty good. I'm glad it doesn't have to many of the interactive aspects like the EMP on Blood Gulch which my teammates will most certainly abuse every time I get the Banshee over them.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Herr Direktor posted:

Hey Univbee. I think i remember you talking about nhl 15 before. Do you know if they re-added all the poo poo they took out of the next gen versions, or if they even plan too? Or should I just get 14?

noooooooooooooooope

I got a copy for $10 and it's complete garbage...the loving thing lags OFFLINE because of some weird bug with universal plug and play

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Crafty posted:

Two PS4 owners having a conversation about PS4s in the xbox one thread, it's beautiful :magical:

What else are they suppose to do while they wait for psn/#driveclub to work?

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Winter Fresh posted:

The new Zanzibar looks pretty good. I'm glad it doesn't have to many of the interactive aspects like the EMP on Blood Gulch which my teammates will most certainly abuse every time I get the Banshee over them.

Yep, avoiding your own base is going to be a necessity, especially with pubbies. I imagine it will be a race at the start of each game, move the vehicles quickly out of range before your team mate fucks them up. Should put friendly fire in that thing really.

incorporeal posted:

What else are they suppose to do while they wait for psn/#driveclub to work?

Something I don't have to read.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
the weird thing about PSN/Driveclub/broken Sony poo poo is how acceptable it is for people.

someone in the PS4 thread told me that PSN being down was my fault for having a lovely ISP....without even knowing what ISP I had or acknowledging the fact that Sony said that YEAH THERE'S SOME PSN ISSUES RIGHT NOW

like as much as people bag on the Xbone, there's a lot more poo poo wrong with the PS4 in my opinion. For fucks sake, you can't even use Wifi on the loving thing. If that was still an Xbone issue, we'd see it 15 times a page in this thread.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

People should have fun gaming.

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I'm so pretty, oh so pretty.
What's wrong with the PS4's wifi?

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

quote:

That’s not a patch. It’s content. The game is designed to run as a single, unified product, digital is seamless obviously, but we also wanted disc users to have the same experience, without swapping discs. Since the bulk of it is MP or MP related, the logic is sound. There will ALSO be a TU in there, but that in itself is a tiny fraction of the content.

We realize that this isn’t ideal for everyone, but it’s the path to the smoothest eventual experience.

Mind if I ask you what your specific problem situation is? Disc? Bandwidth cap? Slow speed? Just curious and would like to provide deeper guidance.

If fixes were required for Campaign, they would be very small, but that’s not the case. All four campaigns will run directly from the disc without the content update. As will some custom game features. Again, the bulk of the CU is MP and MP related.

quote:

No need to call bs. Anything is feasible, it simply wasn’t practical for this product, this year in this timeline. The Xbox One platform continues to improve and mature, arguably faster and more meaningfully than others and maybe next year two discs or some other method would have been the right approach, but this year it’s the option we have available that on balance, makes the most sense for this giant, ambitious project.

Do I understand the inconvenience and annoyance for some users? Of course. I’m not going to blow smoke or ignore it.

For some folks it will be straight up annoying and I both apologize unreservedly for the irritance, and hope that the package and the way it works more than makes up for it.

I’ve been playing the whole enchilada for a week now and the ability to sample, jump from aspect to aspect, customize with skulls and playlists has been absolutely addictive and mesmerizing.

I think I would have enjoyed a box set with the same fidelity, but the way it all connects has for me at least, made it more than the sum of its parts.

So while there are a couple of warriors in here with redundant agendas and concern trolls, I also get that 20 gigs is a fair old chunk of bits and it is not ideal. Most players will have a smooth and happy experience. The game will launch (including digital version) before installation is complete, so there is plenty of content to play around in while the red installs.

And we are continuing to look at ways to reduce that inconvenience.

I personally have pretty lame internet and I am doing everything via wifi, but my installation and immediate play were all pretty buttery.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

emgeejay fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Oct 20, 2014

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

sba posted:

the weird thing about PSN/Driveclub/broken Sony poo poo is how acceptable it is for people.

someone in the PS4 thread told me that PSN being down was my fault for having a lovely ISP....without even knowing what ISP I had or acknowledging the fact that Sony said that YEAH THERE'S SOME PSN ISSUES RIGHT NOW

like as much as people bag on the Xbone, there's a lot more poo poo wrong with the PS4 in my opinion. For fucks sake, you can't even use Wifi on the loving thing. If that was still an Xbone issue, we'd see it 15 times a page in this thread.

Nah that's the point see, there are only like 4 actual boners in the whole thread and they are all too invested in their overpriced set top box to see its flaws.

The rest of us just miss the shark tank thread so we come here to chill out and reminisc over cool things like deak and 32mb of ram (unbelievable) and the fact they called the third (3rd) xbox the xbox one (which implies first but it's third? (3rd)).

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

And mom jeans.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bobtista posted:

Nah that's the point see, there are only like 4 actual boners in the whole thread and they are all too invested in their overpriced set top box to see its flaws.

The rest of us just miss the shark tank thread so we come here to chill out and reminisc over cool things like deak and 32mb of ram (unbelievable) and the fact they called the third (3rd) xbox the xbox one (which implies first but it's third? (3rd)).

If you are right it would be funnier if no one posted in this thread and it died.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

losonti tokash posted:

it's like 56K dialup slow for a lot of people, I've never had the problem but I've only used it over Wifi like twice.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
all the funny poo poo you mentioned from the other thread is because of us, not you. That's why you need to gently caress off.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I get like 6MB/sec over the PS4 wifi but that's in the same room (it was easier than finding a cable) it does have a pretty lovely range.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Widestancer posted:

People should have fun gaming.

this chaps. just loving enjoy playing games ok goddamn why so much bullshit

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

losonti tokash posted:

It's not xbox one's wifi which means you didn't buy an xbox one so you are singularly responsible for Microsoft backing down on letting us go 10 ways on the next calladoody you jerk

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

sba posted:

it's like 56K dialup slow for a lot of people, I've never had the problem but I've only used it over Wifi like twice.

WiFi in general is just not really reliable; you can luck out and have it work really well, but most of the time WiFi is so common that people get interference that can't be worked around. I've used WiFi with a 360, PS3, PS4 and various other devices and despite purchasing recommended routers and using custom router firmware it's never been much better than "OK, I guess" for me because everyone around me has a wireless network on different channels and there are no interference-free ones, and is basically unusable for PS4 Remote Play/PSNow because the connection quality required for it is insane.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They did cheap out on it though, it's pretty much the only wireless capable piece of equipment released in 2013 that can't do a 5Ghz signal.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

losonti tokash posted:

It can be spotty and slow. The wifi receiver they put in it isn't great. I managed to fix my connection issues tweaking my router settings but it doesn't work for everybody. poo poo like psnow is totally unplayable on wifi which is disappointing since I would absolutely waste money on the thing. I've thought about moving my setup around but then I think no, I'm not gonna interchange my office and living room because that's just ridiculous. In conclusion: don't buy an old house.

There are a lot of fun games on ps4 though and personally I think TLOU mp is radical. Most fun I've had with competitive mp in a long time.

Donovan Trip fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Oct 20, 2014

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

univbee posted:

WiFi in general is just not really reliable; you can luck out and have it work really well, but most of the time WiFi is so common that people get interference that can't be worked around. I've used WiFi with a 360, PS3, PS4 and various other devices and despite purchasing recommended routers and using custom router firmware it's never been much better than "OK, I guess" for me because everyone around me has a wireless network on different channels and there are no interference-free ones, and is basically unusable for PS4 Remote Play/PSNow because the connection quality required for it is insane.

Yeah, I just said gently caress it and got a switch for all our consoles except the Nintendo poo poo - it was really easy to hide the cabling the way our gaming room is set up

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Bobtista posted:

And mom jeans.

You know, I'm really loving sick of this poo poo. You don't loving know what it's like.

Have you ever walked out of an H&M empty-handed because you did one too many squats and none of their jeans fit around your massive legs any longer? Have you been repeatedly objectified by women smacking and grabbing your rear end at festivals and pub crawls? I don't loving think so. Check your skinny nerd privilege, shitlord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

seiferguy posted:

It took the Wii U about a year and half of being out to go from "okay" to "must-own" (pretty much coinciding with the release of Mario Kart 8). That's kind of where the bone and PS4 are at now. The PS4 is about to get it's must own game in February (Bloodborne), and has the best multiplatforms not on PC. I don't think the Halo edition is the must-own game for the bone since it's the same 4 games we've all played before. Who knows. Apparently people are excited to play the same games over again.

LMAO yeah some new IP that no one who doesn't read gaming websites has ever heard of is gonna suddenly make the PS4 "must own". Gotta love random baseless spitballs like that.

• Locked thread